Ascend The Multiverse|多元宇宙を昇る...

By damnityoufool

"So I got isekai'd into a new universe again." The reality of the situation seems to sink in after mouthing t... More

Foreword
Prologue|プロローグ
One|一
Two| 二
Three| 三
Four| 四
Five| 五
Six| 六
Seven| 七
Eight| 八
Nine| 九
Checkpoint|チェックポイント
Ten| 十
Eleven| 十一
Twelve| 十二
Thirteen| 十三
500+ Reads Special
Fourteen| 十四
Fifteen| 十五
Sixteen|十六
Seventeen| 十七
Seventeen point five|17.5
Eighteen|十八
Nineteen| 十九
Q&A Time? Yes indeed. {CLOSED}
Twenty| 二十
Checkpoint|チェックポイント
Twenty One| 二十一
Return
Twenty Two| 二十二
Twenty Three|二十三
Twenty Five| 二十五
Twenty Six| 二十六
Twenty Seven| 二十七
Twenty Eight| 二十八
Checkpoint|チェックポイント
Twenty Nine| 二十九
ATM One Year Anniversary

Twenty Four| 二十四

154 6 131
By damnityoufool

Where the boomer catches on

A/N: Did you really think Urokodaki would not sense something was up with Tanjiro? He may be old but his sense of smell and intuition is sharp as ever. English and Swahili are in Italics.

Or

Sakonji finds out about the duo; Kokushibou finds out about Nezuko.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urokodaki Sakonji considered himself a patient man.

He was a reserved and respected water breath user and former hashira who served the Demon Slayer Corps with loyalty. His strictness and dedication to his task of slaying demons earned him plenty of admiration in his prime. Even when retired, he was praised as one of the best cultivators

Still, many demons and fellow demon slayers found it hard to believe that someone with such a gentle face would be able to kill demons with such ruthless efficiency. That made him resort to wearing the trademark tengu mask that framed his face.

The silver haired man really was a kind man underneath his overall strictness. Though for the last couple of years, he has faced some internal conflict. Conflict that revolved around his greatest mistake; sealing the Hand Demon in Mount Fujikasane.

Because of that, he lost eleven of his students to the vengeful abomination. Every time he sent a student to the Final Selection, he lost hope for their survival. Then, when he got the three most promising students yet, he was quite scared. The trio were young; the youngest fourteen. Sakonji tried his best to delay them from going to the test, but their determination and stubbornness pushed him until he gave up and let them go.

A part of him was already mentally preparing for the crow that would deliver the terrible news that they had succumbed. Another selfish part hoped that they would flee safely but that would be selfish and cowardice, a grave crime in the demon slayer code.

Then that fateful night, he saw three figures stumbling and limping on their feet towards his lone but homely cabin. In disbelief, he opened the door and saw Giyuu, Sabito and Makomo alive and well with noticeable bruises and blood stains.

Yet the overjoyed male did not care as he hugged them tightly, tears streaming down his face underneath his mask. Even when they tried to explain strenuously what happened, he shushed them and showed his vulnerability for the first time.

"I'm so glad you are alive." His voice had slightly cracked, his old soul thanking the spirits he had prayed to for their lives.

As the trio recovered, the cultivator was surprised to know that the Hand Demon had been taken down by a female foreigner. They were speaking over each other excitedly with awe and he had to make them slow down so that he could get the clear picture.

That is when Sakonji realised that a young woman with an unexplainable power managed to decapitate the demon with a unique sword which did not look to be made from the special nichirin metal. Even Giyuu, his reclusive student, had sparkles in his eyes when describing his saviour who didn't even appear to use a breathing technique when slaying the atrocity.

However, when asked if they saw her after the Final Selection ended, they could not respond. Sabito was dead set in believing she was alive but left before they arrived. Makomo was a bit skeptical. Giyuu had been silent but the tengu wearer could see the hope in his eyes that the female was alive.

A lot of time had passed since that day. Urokodaki had gotten no news about the female from his fellow cultivators in other breathing styles. Even Ubuyashiki himself was curious after getting the report from his children who oversaw the event. However, no one had a clue about the foreigner. In the meantime, Sakonji trained four more people, three of them surviving in the Final Selection.

Just as the former hashira was about to give up on ever finding the person who saved his students and thank her, she made her casual appearance on the mountain five years later. He had just taken in the Kamado twins, training the brother into becoming a tough demon slayer and attempting to influence the sleeping Nezuko's thoughts into hating demons who hurt humans and to see all humans as her family. The latter proved more of a challenge. So he was paying more attention to Tanjiro until he was through imparting the basic demon slaying skills on him.

The hanafuda earrings' wearer had delayed going down the mountain and he had ascended to see what the issue was. There, he saw the mysterious cloaked figure who somehow knew he was eavesdropping despite being as quiet as a mouse. Their scent was not evil but he could catch the faint blood on their clothes, making him wary.

The cultivator would later put two and two together and realise the cloaked person was the foreigner who saved his three trainee. After interrogating Tanjiro once she had left, he silently regretted not thanking her for her good deed, as well as getting some answers surrounding the mystery around her. Hearing that she promised Tanjiro to return, Urokodaki made up his mind to approach her properly. A part of him was convinced not to write a letter to Ubuyashiki about it until he got more information and he stuck by that.

And so, he waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Until something changed one year and a few months later.

Tanjiro had been left alone to his own devices and the task of cutting the boulder which was larger than what he normally gave. Despite the cultivator being patient and observing from afar, he could not understand how he was still failing to complete it after so many months.

Of course, he encouraged the young man who had gotten a bit thin from skipping some of his meals and had very calloused hands. Though he could not say much when it came to Nezuko who was yet to wake up. His hypnosis spells went on a couple of times, but the results could only be known once she returned from her slumber to the land of the living.

There were two other things that Sakonji briefly focused on. One was the news about a war happening on foreign soil and Japanese soldiers being recruited. He could only hope for the best, blissfully unaware of the true scale of the conflict and its future effects.

The other was the spread of a foreign named flu that was deadly enough to kill an adult in mere hours if not treated. A crow from the Corps had delivered a letter stating that future demon slayers must receive the anti-flu drug developed by the Insect Hashira. The only requirement was for them to have succeeded in the Final Selection event.

Tanjiro was lucky the disease had not reached the villages nearby. Not that it would matter since he was isolated for his training and had no knowledge of the outside world and its developments.

Back to the burgundy haired male, Sakonji noticed that he would leave very early in the morning, return for a moment to bathe, leave again in the evening and return late at night to sleep. The sad expression that had framed his face for months from failing to cut the boulder had been swiftly replaced with determination, eagerness and anticipation for the next day.

The slightly aged tengu wearer had no problem with this initially; bouts of motivation could happen anytime. However, it was when he noticed he had gotten a bit bigger that curiosity began to grow. His student had a bad habit of skipping meals to train. Even if he did eat, it was only one large meal and little bites for the rest of the day. Now, his cheeks had become more fuller and his red eyes brighter. His figure was still lean, but he was more

There was no way he could go to a nearby village to eat since the nearest was three hours away. This was further enforced by his sleeping habits which became healthier. While he was happy his student was improving, this shift was too sudden for an individual, unless he got external influence.

One morning while he was collecting herbs for food, he saw a faint light from a nearby hill. He had once ventured there and he was sure no one lived there to his knowledge. Looking on, the same light lingered before vanishing. Abandoning his basket of herbs, the man began to move towards the hill. Once he got close, he could see what appeared to be a house.

The odd thing was that the shōji doors and windows had been covered to prevent any sunlight from entering. The scent radiating from the wooden structure held a sense of foreboding and danger which made him hesitate from getting closer. The aura was unlike any demon he had ever met before. Still, the former hashira had faced worse than some house.

'Maybe my old age is making me paranoid.' He said gruffly.

Taking a few steps closer, his hand extended upwards and rapped on the wood. No response. He tried again. No movement, but the scent was filling his head with warning signs to turn back. His stubbornness said otherwise and he stopped knocking. He then peeped through any small crevice to see any movement inside. He managed to find a tiny space which would do.

'I can barely see inside.' He thought.

Even going to the extent of removing his mask since the nose was hindering him, he peeped inside the crevice. All he could make out was the flooring and an increased sense of bloodlust.

Had he tilted his head a few degrees, he would have seen a figure leaning against the wall, katana with golden eyes unsheathed from its scabbard. Giving up, the cultivator decided to walk away and return on another day when the owner was around. Soon as he left, the pale man waited with bated breath before sheathing his weapon.

"We have been compromised."

◇●●●●◇

Since that day, Urokodaki's curiosity began to eat him up inside. What was in that house? Why were the doors and windows barred? Why did it reek of danger? Should I go back there? These were some of the questions that he kept on asking himself.

At the same time, Tanjiro became more suspicious as days went by. When approached and asked basic questions about his training, he would avoid eye contact and force out some words about training well and alone. The alone would be repeated almost exaggeratedly in a poor effort to convince the cultivator.

A week passed and Sakonji decided to take matters in his own hands. No longer would he pretend to ignore the suspicious behaviour of his student.

Tanjiro entered the cabin late at night only to find Urokodaki sitting by the fireplace, dull embers illuminating some parts of the room while the corners were shrouded in darkness.

"Where were you, Kamado?" The use of his surname sent chills down his spine. Of course he expected the man to get suspicious but he was caught off-guard by the blunt confrontation.

"I was t-training, Urokodaki-sensei." Tanjiro bit his lip at the stutter which obviously made him more suspicious.

"Is that so?" The tengu mask turned to face him. Tanjiro had a faint yet dangerously familiar scent on his clothes. It was the same if not a similar one as the one from the house he was yet to explore.

"Have you been interacting with someone?"

"Not at all. I have been training alone." His mouth felt bitter when the lie spewed out of his mouth but Tanjiro told himself he had to. He did not want to disappoint [Fake Name] after all she did for him and possibly anger Uppermoon-san who would not take it lightly.

Unfortunately, the tone of his voice was not convincing enough. Sakonji rose from his seiza position on the tatami mat and walked over to his student. His expression was hidden under the red mask, making the atmosphere more intense.

"I know you are lying to me." His voice was neutral. "I cannot force you to admit whether you really train alone, but know this Kamado." His back bending down slightly, Urokodaki spoke in the nervous Tanjiro's ear. "I am disappointed in you."

With that remark, Sakonji turned on his heel for his room and the frozen boy standing behind. Tanjiro could only look down in shame and guilt, now torn between his promise of staying quiet and getting back the trust of the man who took him and his sister in. His calloused fist tightened with frustration.

The next day was a Saturday. Tanjiro left the house with a disheartened expression. While Urokodaki felt some guilt for being harsh on him, he forcefully pushed the thoughts aside. He had to solve this mystery once and for all, for the general safety of his student in case he was being misled by a malicious person.

When night fell, the cultivator was already trekking up the hill. A katana was strapped to his hip, ready for anything he might face. The house had some light visible from within, a sign that the owner was around. This time, there were two different scents emanating from the wooden structure. The same one from before which made his heart beat faster with anticipation, and another which was more gentle, but in pain.

This time, he could tell the difference between both and confirmed his suspicions. The first scent was a demon and the other was a human. When he got closer, the scent of blood filled his senses and made goosebumps rise all over his body. A low groan of pain which reached his ears was the final straw.

Determined to save the human who was likely being feasted on, Urokodaki kicked the door down with all his might. His feet rushed inside the house, katana half-unsheathed. Then, he froze on his tracks, processing the odd scene that was taking place.

A dark skinned woman was on her knees, arms wrapped around her abdomen as she curled up in a ball. Her forehead was pressed flat on the floor with her long [H/C] cascading around her like a waterfall, concealing part of her face. She was wearing a pale pink and black flowered kimono with black pants.

Above her stood a man adorned in a black and purple patterned kimono and black hakama pants which were held up firmly by the white belt. He had long black hair with dark red tips which flowed down his back in its ponytail. The only thing that set him apart was the unusually pale skin, sharp nails and the obvious fleshy scabbard strapped to his hip.

Sakonji did not have to wait long to see the demon's face, which made his breath hitch and possibly multiplied the speed of his aging.

'Uppermoon One...this is the most powerful demon, second to the demon lord himself!' His grip on his sword tightened, veins popping out with trepidation.

The demon recognised the scent of the cultivator who found the house he shared with his companion. Expression stoic as ever, he did a once over of the silver haired man using his transparent world ability. In a few seconds, he was able to tell the skill level and breathing technique used by the intruder.

'A hashira who has mastered water breathing. The inner structure of his body shows experience but also some wearing out of the muscles and bones. He must have retired. I was aware the Kamado boy had an actual cultivator, but to have one with such skill is quite impressive.' His eyes slightly narrowed. 'Too bad his body has been weakened by age.'

Unbothered by Urokodaki who had yet to unsheathe his sword, Kokushibou looked down and his eyes now held concern for his companion. It was that time of the month and she had just collapsed on the floor from the pain. Over the years he knew it was quite bad and weakened her. Yet, he had no idea how to help when she was stubbornly trying to leave.

The female then looked up, sitting on her knees with some effort. The tengu mask wearer looked between her and the demon. She looked to be in pain, but had no visible external injuries. He knew the taller man could smell the blood as well, but made no move to attack her. Her dark brown eyes made contact with his own through the mask and his resolve faltered.

'I feel like I know this woman...but how? And why is Uppermoon One of all people not attacking?!' He maintained his fighting stance, knowing that he was gravelly overpowered by the calm, stoic male.

"Well...would you look at that." His eyebrow raised at the foreign language, clueless by what the foreigner said.

"Guess I don't have to leave after all."

◇●●●●◇

The atmosphere was very awkward.

You were sitting on a or low tatami chair, a pillow against your back to ease the pain from your period. While they were always bad, you normally forced yourself to go through with the day and rest later. Though you were not active much when training Tanjiro.

Speaking of the burgundy haired, he was sitting on his knees across from you on the mat. You had requested Kokushibou to bring him to your house which he did begrudgingly. His innocent face held a lot of concern to see you in pain while you felt embarrassed. That was another downside; letting people see you in such a vulnerable moment.

'Why did Eve have to eat that apple?' You grumbled in your thoughts for the umpteenth time.

Kokushibou was on your left, his lower right eye constantly glancing at you to make sure you were comfortable. You appreciated the gesture with a faint smile before looking at the other man who got thrown in the mix.

Urokodaki was sitting a bit farther from you and your companion, sitting next to Tanjiro and opposite Kokushibou. The tengu mask still covered his face but you could tell he was staring intensely at the demon who was unaffected. The katanas of the three men had been placed beside them as a show of no physical aggression. As for you, you were slightly pissed and had to release some of the tension.

"Najua hutanielewa lakini wacha niseme tu. Mbona ulivunja mlango yetu kama mwizi? Sasa tutahisi baridi na rafiki yangu lazima ajifungie ili asichomwe na jua. Ujue wewe ndio utaitengeneza. (I know you won't understand me but let me just say it. Why did you break down our door like a robber? Now we will feel cold and my friend has to lock himself in his room so as to not be burnt by the sun. Just know you're the one who will fix it.)"

Obviously, the men did not understand what you said since you ranted in Swahili. Still, you had to show some frustration for the door which would take a while to fix.

"Uh....what?" Tanjiro spoke up for the puzzled trio. He had never heard you speak this language before and was curious. It was definitely your native language, but it somehow sounded like his own due to the word 'kama' which meant 'sickle' or 'pot' in Japanese.

Kokushibou read the tone of your voice and sensed the annoyance. Using his brain, he presumed you were talking about the door. The gesture of your hand pointing towards the direction of the front door when you spoke proved him right. The night sky was visible with a cold breeze passing by.

"Anyway, I'm sure you have a lot of questions concerning us. We will try my best to answer all of them." The easy switch back to the common language threw Urokodaki and Tanjiro off, the demon already used to this. Regardless, the former cleared his throat.

"Before I ask about..." he glanced at Kokushibou, "...him, I want to know something." This was the moment of truth which would either put an end to his search or disappoint him further. There was no possible way this was a coincidence unless it was the same person.

"Are you the one who saved my three students eight years ago?"

Now it was Tanjiro and Kokushibou's turn to be surprised, never having heard of that before.

'Eight years ago? That was in 1911. What did she do before we crossed paths in Tokyo?' The latter tilted his head up to look at your expression. You knew what he was talking about, and you saw no point in denying.

"Yes. Sabito, Makomo and Giyuu right? Looks like they survived the Final Selection after all."

Urokodaki let out a shaky sigh from his chest. Indeed, he finally met the saviour who put a stop to his students being killed off young and unfulfilled. The woman who even caught the attention of Ubuyashiki since she was the second foreigner to ever appear in the Final Selection after decades. The first one never made it out.

"You went for the Final Selection?" Tanjiro asked with awe, wondering if you were already a demon slayer.

"You were a demon slayer...this entire time?" The not-so pleased demon's voice rumbled as he glared at you, his mind overthinking. Did this mean the entire time you wore the demon slayer uniform when slaying demons with him, you were just doing your job?!

You had to avoid a huge misunderstanding which would make things more complicated. How could you tell them you knew they would have die because of a few illustrated pages in a manga where they all featured in?

"Hell nah." You told him before facing the other two. "I had wandered close to the mountain when I saw the trio and decided to follow them. Then during the event, they were getting attacked by a very ugly demon with twelve hands. He was ugly but not as bad as this one ugly demon I met. Literal chills." You referenced the first demon you encountered in the universe, confusing them further but you waved it aside.

The cultivator found a contradiction in your explanation and did not hesitate to mention it. "They told me you told them you were going to the event as well."

"I had heard of the event and was curious enough to participate in it. I did not know where Mt. Fujikasane was at the time." You shrugged. "Simply put, I was bored. Sue me." It was the best excuse you could come up with and not reveal that you had knowledge of the plot you purposefully screwed with to save the three.

Urokodaki was stunned. Never had he heard an individual say they willingly attended an event where death was guaranteed just because of boredom. Tanjiro was undoubtedly bamboozled as well. Kokushibou was neutral, already used to your odd thought process.

"At the end of the day, I did not even stay there for the whole week. Meaning that I am not a certified demon slayer, but I can kill them." You said, adjusting the pillow against your back.

'Then how comes Uppermoon One of all people is sitting right next to you with no hostility?' He wanted to ask but Tanjiro was faster than him.

"So did you meet Uppermoon-san before or after the Final Selection?" He asked curiously.

"Before, but we officially became companions a few months later. Around the time the Meiji era ended." The memory of how you formed a bond with the demon was still crystal clear. So much had happened since then, though the whole abandoning the Twelve Kizuki would definitely have consequences. Consequences you hoped he was ready to face when the plot progresses.

Urokodaki watched the interaction silently. The way Tanjiro was unnerved but not unfamiliar of the six eyed man. How he spoke with you with friendliness and some respect, red eyes holding tender concern. This was not normal, none of this was normal. Tanjiro didn't even know about the Kizuki and that demons could live for hundreds of years, starting with the one in the room.

"Urokodaki, I have to admit something. For the last few months, we have been training Tanjiro to get stronger and cut the boulder successfully in order to attend the Final Selection." You spoke, biting your tongue when a sharp cramp almost made you keel over in pain.

Kokushibou decided to speak after minutes of silence. "He has shown some...progress with our assistance. However, he still....has more to do...before we consider him...ready to be a...proper demon slayer."

Tanjiro's eyes widened. Was his less friendly trainer actively acknowledging his improvement? After weeks of berating him for any mistake he made when practicing water breathing? While excited, he was still worried about his original cultivator's reaction. The young man did not wish to get his sister and himself kicked out for accepting help from a demon.

"Not that we disregard your teachings, Urokodaki. In fact, they served as a proper foundation for his effective training." You added, trying to flatter the old man. He said nothing, his expression hidden underneath the funny looking mask.

"I see." That was the only response, earning a sweat drop from Tanjiro and a nervous smile from you. Kokushibou just looked done with the conversation, wanting to relax in the comfort of his room. But he would only rest once you were comfortably asleep. That was the least the awkward demon could do for you.

"It appears you know a lot, [Fake L/N]-san. Though my senses tell me your name is false."

'Damn it. Is his nose suddenly a lie detector now?' You glanced over at Tanjiro, who didn't appear as surprised. 'He could tell as well?!'

Sighing, you leaned your face on your fist. "For private reasons, I had to use a fake name. I will tell you my real name once I find it comfortable to." Well, as real as it got. Not even Kokushibou knew your real name. The ones who did were worlds away.

A moment of silence set in, everyone in deep thought. Urokodaki smelled no malicious undertones from you when talking about Tanjiro. Since you also saved his students years ago, there might be a reason beyond his understanding for a mysterious figure and her odd partner to do the things they did.

'This woman is an enigma, but I feel inclined to trust her. Even if she has an unconventional companion. Still,' a quiet sigh escaped his lungs, 'I have to ensure the safety of the Kamado siblings before I fully trust her.'

"Tanjiro." The boy flinched. "Have they been helping you train properly?"

"Y-yes, Urokodaki-sensei. I apologise for keeping this a secret from you, but they requested me-"

"That does not matter now. We will have a long discussion about it when we return." Tanjiro gulped and looked down at his lap. "Of course, Urokodaki-sensei."

The tengu mask faced you. "I cannot say I trust you completely because of your association with Uppermoon One, but I hope you will be careful not to hurt my student."

You nod firmly. "I wouldn't dream of it. I want him to succeed so that he can accomplish his goals."

"So you are aware of the situation involving his sister, is that right?" You nodded before stopping yourself.

'Wait...I forgot to tell Kokushibou! Shit!'

"What situation?" Kokushibou asked, now confused. He was aware of Tanjiro having a sister, but what else could there be?

Your mood worsened at your blunder. You had been so distracted with the treaty process, training Tanjiro and the recent news of Urokodaki finding your hideout a week before that you forgot to tell Kokushibou the main reason behind helping Tanjiro. Not really forgot, but postponed it for another day.

"Wait, he doesn't know about...?" Tanjiro trailed off, a quick nod answering his incomplete question.

"I...delayed to mention it. I have been pretty occupied. Hehe." A flustered smile crossed your lips. This was not how you planned for the demon to learn about Nezuko. "Would you like to explain it to him? It's about your sister after all."

Tanjiro felt the confused glare from the three golden pairs on his skin and felt a shiver down his spine. However, he collected himself and began to narrate.

𝙰 𝚏𝚎𝚠 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛...

"How could you not...tell me about this?"

Kokushibou was livid once the story sank in and you had to pull him aside to the hallway to talk privately.

"I already said I forgot!" You rubbed your temples in frustration. "Plus, isn't it better that you learnt it from the source himself?"

"[Name]...this is a serious issue. A demon...who has never eaten human flesh...is unheard of. That man...will surely target them...once he finds out." He switched to English, prompting you to do the same.

"I know that." Your frowned.

"And this whole talk...of wanting to...turn her human? That is...impossible." The frown on your face deepened.

"Six eyes, you know me. Is anything really impossible?"

He hesitated, pondering for a brief moment.

"When it is about you...no. However, this is about the...status quo of demon kind. That child...will be severely weak and...mentally unstable from the...lack of blood and human flesh."

Meanwhile, Sakonji and Tanjiro were still sitting in the living room. They could hear you from the hallway, but did not understand a single word. Curiously, the silver haired man whispered his query to the younger male.

"Are those two in a...relationship?"

"Eh?? No, they're not. This happens sometimes between them but they are not in a couple." Tanjiro denied it firmly. Both of you did argue like a couple but seeing you as one was difficult for him. If anything, the demon would not be the perfect match for you.

Back to you, you were trying to be civil while speaking some sense into the Uppermoon.

"People are different, six eyes. You cannot survive without blood because you already had a taste for it before. Nezuko hasn't. Regardless of whether Muzan directly turned her or not, I support Tanjiro's goal to turn her back into a human." The tone in your voice was firm.

"...was this why...you left suddenly when...we were in Europe...on that day?"

'He still remembers that? Props to his sharp observation skills.' You nodded. His tense face relaxed slightly, the man in deep thought again. He must be thinking that your knowledge from the future was coming into play here. Your hand was supporting the wall, trying to act nonchalant while your abdomen was being torn apart.

"I will remain skeptical...about this topic." He said at last. "For now...I would rather focus...on the Kamado sibling...who is not asleep." He looked towards the direction of the house entrance. "And our damaged door."

'At least he has dropped the topic for another day. I don't think I can handle anything else right now.' With some strain, you pushed yourself off the wall.

"That's fine with me. Now let's wrap this up. My body requires rest." You switched back to Japanese. The demon nodded and wrapped a hand around your arms for support. Subconsciously leaning on him, you walked back to the cultivator and Tanjiro.

A few words were exchanged, the four of you agreeing to discuss more once you were in good shape. You all stood outside, your guests preparing to return to their cabin and most likely have a long talk.

"Alright. We will return after two days to continue this." Urokodaki seemed to hesitate, but he bowed politely before you. Tanjiro followed suit.

"And about the door, Tanjiro will fix it."

The black-and-green checkered haori owner spluttered and choked on air. "H-huh? Why me?!"

Sakonji turned on his heel, speaking over his shoulder. "Consider this part of your punishment for keeping this a secret." With that, he left quietly in the night. Tanjiro sighed in defeat and looked back at you, his eyes briefly glancing at Kokushibou's arm around you.

"I will pay a visit to make sure you're alright, [Fake Name]."

"You don't have to Tanjiro. Really. I'll be fine." You insisted, not wanting to bother the protagonist with your own issues. Especially now that he knew where you lived and that the name you gave him was fake.

He backed down at your reassuring smile before facing your companion who was stoic as usual.

"Remember that your training...has not stopped. I expect...an improvement in mastering....Total Concentration Breathing."

"Of course, Uppermoon-san. Goodnight." Waving to the both of you, he walked quickly in the trees until he was out of sight. Once he was, your knees buckled from the lower abdominal pain. Kokushibou was quick to carry you in his arms bridal-style. This was the second time he did this, only that you weren't embarrassingly emotional like the first time.

"You don't have to carry me, you know."

He remained silent, looking away from you and walking to your room. Sliding the door open, he made quiet treads to the futon in the corner. Your body was placed down gently to your pleasant surprise. To you, it was out of character for the demon to exhibit such care.

"Haaa...that feels so good." Stretching your aching back on the futon, you looked up at the long haired male. "Well, good night."

Closing your eyes, you waited for some footsteps and the door to slide shut. After five whole minutes, you spoke up without opening your eyes. "You're still there, aren't you?"

"I have to...make sure you have...a comfortable rest." His voice was monotone.

"Watching me sleep does the opposite of that." You responded in the same manner, opening an eye to meet his own six. "You have never done this before. What changed?"

Not getting a response, you scoff and turn so that your back faced him. "Just don't bother my sleep. Good night, six eyes." This time, your body relaxed and your mind shut down, allowing sleep to take over.

Had you stayed awake a while longer, you would have felt Kokushibou brush a strand of hair away from your face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

⟣𝕌ℕ𝕀𝔾𝕌𝕀𝔻𝔼⟢

ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Demon Slayer/(鬼滅の刃)Kimetsu no Yaiba

ʟᴀsᴛ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ: Countryhumans

ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ɪɴғᴏ: A popular anime and manga series which follows the story of Kamado Tanjirou and his friends in a world where man-eating demons exist. His main goal is to turn his sister back into a human and kill the demon progenitor, Kibutsuji Muzan

ʏᴇᴀʀ: 1919

ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛs: Third Anglo-Afghan War begins (May 6); Berlin Conference which will discuss the outcome of the Great War to commence(May 16); Turkish War of Independence begins (May 19)...more

ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛꜱ: Kamado Tanjiro shows quick improvement from being trained. Kamado Nezuko is showing signs of waking up. Kibutsuji Muzan is waiting for Kokushibou to be found or for him to return to the Infinity Castle. Urokodaki Sakonji is contemplating revealing Uppermoon One's sudden alliance with a human to Ubuyashiki Kagaya. Demon Slayers must receive the anti-flu drug if they are to keep doing their job.

ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Japan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------,

○○○◇○○○

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taishō Secrets

Kokushibou noticed how Tanjiro looked at his arm around [Name] and felt threatened for some reason
Urokodaki thinks Kokushibou's name is 'Six Eyes'
Urokodaki wants to properly thank [Name] for saving his old students and know more about her capabilities
Tanjiro did a decent job on fixing the door
[Name] still eats Japanese cuisine with her hands, refusing to touch chopsticks
[Name] normally took sedatives to deal with her cramps back in CH universe
[Name]'s periods last for 6-7 days, but the pain only occurs for the first two days
Tanjiro still doesn't know Kokushibou's name
Kokushibou is curious to see Nezuko
The dead countryhumans argued on how painful [Name]'s cramps are
The presence following [Name] wanted to hug her cramps away
[Name]'s DigiDiary is not written in English only. It is translated for you readers for the sake of understanding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

☆DigiDiary☆

》Kokushibou told me of our base being compromised. I don't even know how but I half expected it. I planned to see Urokodaki to set things straight. Unfortunately, my periods set in

》My periods are a bitch this month

》So Urokodaki came to me which did me a huge favour coz I am so weak rn

》He now knows me as the person who saved the trio back in 1911. I think he is still processing the news.

》I really hate that my periods take half of my energy, else I would have teleported away coz I cannot with this embarrassment

》But honestly, now I don't know if I should tell Tanjiro that I go by [Name]. I'll decide later on.

》I need to keep an eye of Urokodaki. I have to make sure he doesn't tell Kagaya about Kokushibou.

》Kokushibou better get along with Nezuko when she wakes up

》I am so tired rn...wish I had my medicine to sort out this pain

》Screw it. I'm going back to sleep. Diary can wait...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it. Personally, I really like Japanese language as a whole. I just wish kanjis never existed.

I managed to find some time to write this but I can't guarantee I'll upload anytime soon.

Thank you so much for reading. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2.9K 49
For ages true demons have lived to serve and protect,but due to some demon to broke a taboo y/n is forced to have a side job.She then will meet the h...
7.6K 270 18
You somehow end up lost in Japan, having little to no memory of your life before, or any understanding of the land and people here. But you meet extr...
27.5K 673 41
Y/n l/n yearns to traverse into the realm of anime, seeking respite from the chains of reality. Yet, as her wish materializes, the characters, enrapt...
6.8K 295 19
Y/N never expected this. She never thought she'd be fighting demons. No one thought she'd know the sun breather. Now here she is, sitting in the d...