๐•Š๐• ๐•๐•š๐•ง๐•’๐•˜๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ โ”‚ ๐‘ท...

By cool_cat_gOosE

โ˜ ๏ธŽ (๐š—). ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šŠ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ. โ˜ ๏ธŽ... More

ั•ฯƒโ„“ฮนฮฝฮฑgฮฑฮทั‚
โ˜ ๏ธŽ
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI

VIII

1.3K 57 18
By cool_cat_gOosE

☠︎

"If Zeus and Poseidon weaken each other in a war, who stands to gain?"

 "Somebody else who wants to take over?" Percy guesses. 

"Yes, quite. Someone who harbors a grudge, who has been unhappy with his lot since the world was divided eons ago, whose kingdom would grow powerful with the deaths of millions. Someone who hates his brothers for forcing him into an oath to have no more children, an oath that both of them have now broken."

Morana's frame appears on the terrace as she lands and her wings tug behind her. 

Her presence makes Percy feel a bit bad saying what he's about to say, "Hades". Chiron nods.

"That's bullshit", Morana's strong voice puts in, Chiron whipping his head around, not having noticed the girl approach them. 

"The fields of Asphodel are crammed enough as it is", she states, voice oozing power yet Chiron doesn't seem to be hearing her words. 

"A Fury came after Percy," Chiron reminds the girl. "She watched the young man until she was sure of his identity, then tried to kill him. Furies obey only one lord: Hades." 

"Yes, but—but Hades hates all heroes," Grover protests, earning a slightly disagreeing tilt of the head from Morana which results in the satyr to look away from her golden eyes and nibble his aluminium can. But even Morana must admit that the satyr is right. 

"He must have had a different reason. Hades is in no position to gain from war", she seethes and at that moment Percy can see a glimmer of what everyone is so afraid of. 

"A hellhound got into the forest", Chiron presses, looking at Morana challengingly which earns an angry clench of the girl's jaw, fire burning behind her eyes.

"Those can only be summoned from the Fields of Punishment, and it had to be summoned by someone within the camp. Hades must have a spy here", Chiron only continues, looking at Morana with his eyes squinted the slightest, an expression Morana spots quite often. 

"Chiron, you seriously can't think-", Percy starts to protest, glancing at the girl. "Typical", she huffs, grinding her teeth together and looking around the big house's terrace. 

"I'm not accusing you, child of Thanatos", the centaur assures quickly and quite formally, Morana raising her head and looking him in the eyes, seemingly believing him but Percy sees how her jaw clenches and unclenches. "After all, you did save Percy Jackson from the hellhound", Chiron remembers, Percy nodding as if trying to convince Chiron of his own words. 

There's a silence. "The Lord of the Dead is our only lead", Chiron says finally, making Morana breathe heavily yet keep quiet. "What about a certain god of war?" Morana mumbles under her breath but her words go unheard by everyone except Percy who furrows his brows slightly and turns back to Chiron. 

"I don't pretend to understand the Lord of the Dead's motives perfectly, or why he chose this time to start a war, but one thing is certain. Percy must go to the Underworld, find the master bolt, and reveal the truth", Chiron says. 

"Look, if we know it's Hades," Percy says suddenly, earning a small grumble from Morana, but the boy continues, "why can't we just tell the other gods? Zeus or Poseidon could go down to the Underworld and bust some heads." 

"Suspecting and knowing are not the same," Chiron says pointedly. "Besides, even if the other gods suspect Hades—and I imagine Poseidon does—they couldn't retrieve the bolt themselves. Gods cannot cross each other's territories except by invitation. That is another ancient rule. Heroes, on the other hand, have certain privileges. They can go anywhere, challenge anyone, as long as they're bold enough and strong enough to do it. No god can be held responsible for a hero's actions. Why do you think the gods always operate through humans?"

 "You're saying I'm being used."

 "I'm saying it's no accident Poseidon has claimed you now. It's a very risky gamble, but he's in a desperate situation. He needs you."

Morana can see the fight in Percy's eyes. What emotion to go with. Happiness and excitement that his father needs him or bitterness and resent for his dad ignoring him for fifteen years and suddenly reaching out, only because he needs his help. 

"And you need someone who can get you to the underworld", Chiron continues, Morana's eyes snapping to him again. 

"So let me get this straight", Percy says. 

"I'm supposed go to the Underworld and confront the Lord of the Dead."

 "Check," Chiron nods.

 "Find the most powerful weapon in the universe."

 "Check."

 "And get it back to Olympus before the summer solstice, in ten days." 

"That's about right."

Percy looks at Grover, who gulps down the ace of hearts. "Did I mention that Maine is very nice this time of year?" he asks weakly. 

"You don't have to go", Percy tells him, "I can't ask that of you."

 "Oh . . ." He shifts his hooves. "No . . . it's just that satyrs and underground places . . . well . . ." He takes a deep breath, then stands, brushing the shredded cards and aluminum bits off his T-shirt.

 "You saved my life, Percy. If . . . if you're serious about wanting me along, I won't let you down."

A relieved smile edges onto Percy's face, "All the way, G-man." Then he turns to Chiron. "So where do we go? The Oracle just said to go west."

 "The entrance to the Underworld is always in the west. It moves from age to age, just like Olympus. Right now, of course, it's in America." 

"Where?" Chiron looks surprised. "Los Angeles", Morana states, leaning against the wall of the big house, arms crossed over her chest. Percy glances at her and makes a face like, 'Makes sense'. 

 "Naturally. So we just get on a plane—" Percy starts but gets cut off by Grover shrieking; "No!"

 "Percy is there anything but seaweed in that brain?" Morana puts in, motioning towards his head, earning a distasteful look towards her. "Have you ever been in a plane?" Grover puts in, looking at the Poseidon boy who shakes his head.

"Percy. You are the son of the Sea God. Your father's bitterest rival is Zeus, Lord of the Sky. Your mother knew better than to trust you in an airplane. You would be in Zeus's domain. You would never come down again", Chiron educates the oblivious boy. Overhead, lightning crackles. Thunder booms. 

"Or you would, , , but you'd go very down, to my father's domain after that", another annoyed look from the sea-god's son towards the daughter of death.

"Okay," Percy trails, "So, I'll travel overland."

 "That's right," Chiron confirms. 

Then Morana remembers, "Annabeth". Chiron's face falls, "I know I said she's get a guest but you know the tradition only three half bloods take on a guest". 

"Put her in my place", Morana says immediately but the centaur shakes his head. "The guest could never be completed without your knowledge of the underworld". 

Morana knows she's about to stoop low, but she also knows that the only fair play is to let Annabeth Chase take on this guest with them. It's what the Oracle wants, at least according to what Chiron's told the girl regarding Annabeth's future. 

"You want me to go?" Morana seeks for confirmation and Chiron grants that with a nod and a faint smile. "Then let Annabeth come", she states, tone final. Chiron's brows knit together. 

"That is simply impossible Morana", the half-man tells her, making her purse her lips. "So is a child of the big three and we have two here on these very grounds", Morana states and then mumbles, "Sure the other is a tree", tilting her head a bit as if shaking it but then thinking otherwise. 

Chiron doesn't look convinced and Percy is ready throw the dreams of saving his mother away. 

"You understand, that you're asking me to betray one of the only people who has never run from me?" 

The girl's words make thunder rumble and the girl throws an angry look at the sky, making Chiron's face pale a bit. 

Percy processes the girl's words a few times before they lock in. 

"By bringing in the child of Hades' number one enemy, I'm betraying his and my father's trust".

"So you want me along?" Morana looks straight into Chiron's eyes, the unaccountably older being staring into her fifteen year old golden eyes. "Annabeth Chase joins this guest". 

Her tone makes shivers run down Percy's spine and Grover is about to move on to a candle holder but Chiron slides it a bit away from the satyr before looking at the girl once more, this time his eyes much more understanding. 

"And with my math, that still makes three half bloods", she tilts her head, Percy starting to notice that it's one of her many signature ways of showing emotion. 

Though it varies what emotion she's showcasing with that powerful head tilt. 

Right now it portrays a victorious grin. 

"This afternoon, we can take you as far as the bus terminal in Manhattan", Morana sighs out a relieved breath as the centaur nods at her. "After that, you are on your own."

 Lightning flashes. Rain pours down on the meadows that are never supposed to have violent weather. "No time to waste," Chiron says. "I think you should all get packing."

"Come on Grover", Morana motions the satyr to follow her, his eyes widening as he points at himself with his finger. "Anyone else named Grover here?" Morana questions, the satyr shaking his head quickly. 

"Didn't think so. Come on, let's go tell Annabeth", she ushers, starting to walk away, trusting that the goat-boy is following her. 

But Morana doesn't get far when the air in front of her shimmers and a girl with dark skin and multiple long braids appears in front of Morana with a wide grin. 

Morana stops with a start, ready to swing her fist but Grover collides with her back, making Morana stumble forward. She doesn't fall tho, because Annabeth's arms wrap around her, squeezing tightly around her neck. "What are you doing?" Morana asks immediately, a hint of urgency in her voice. 

She  grunts, struggling in Annabeth's grip. 

"Let go of me you owl", Morana grumbles, Annabeth giggling as she finally lets go and grins widely at Morana. 

"Thank you", she breathes out, Morana acting to be rubbing her neck in pain. "Yeah, you're welcome", she mumbles, "Just never do that again". The interaction makes two demigods, one satyr and a centaur laugh, Morana's lips twitching the slightest. 

Let's survive a quest. 

☠︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 98 7
โ‡ ๐œ'๐ฆ๐จ๐ง, ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ž !! ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, in which after spending two years at camp half-blood, you and annabeth get chosen on a quest along w...
13K 841 16
โ ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐’ ๐…๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐†๏ผŒ ๐๐”๐“ ๐ˆ ๐‹๐ˆ๐๐†๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๏ผŒ ๐ƒ๐„๐€๐‘๏ผŒ ๐˜š๐˜›๐˜๐˜“๐˜“ ๐˜Š๐˜™๐˜ˆ๐˜๐˜๐˜•๐˜Ž ๐˜ ๐˜–๐˜œ๐˜™ ๐˜’๐˜๐˜š๐˜š โž Icarus Ardor Bellerose; the un...
15.9K 497 12
"๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ, ๐ข๐ญ ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ...
42.7K 1.5K 49
โ› ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ญ ๐›๏ฟฝ...