π•†π•£π•‘π•™π•šπ•”

By _StrawberrySmoothie_

π˜–π˜³π˜±π˜©π˜ͺ𝘀- mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding -------------πŸŽ€πŸŽ€------------ She's... More

Playlist
Aesthetics
πŸŽ€PrologueπŸŽ€
1: π”Ήπ•£π•¦π•žπ• π•¦π•€
2: π”Όπ•π••π•£π•šπ•₯𝕔𝕙
3: π”Έπ•π•’π•žπ• π•£π•₯
4: π•ƒπ•’π•”π• π•Ÿπ•šπ•”
5: π•„π•’π•£π•žπ• π•£π•–π•’π•
6: β„‚π•šπ•£π•”π•¦π•žπ•‘π•π•–π•”π•₯
7: π•π•šπ•£π•šπ••π•šπ•₯π•ͺ
8: π•†π•‘π•šπ•’
9: π”½π•šπ•π•šπ•‘π•–π•Ÿπ••π•¦π•π• π•¦π•€
10: β„π•’π•šπ•π•π•–π•£π•ͺ
12: π•Žπ•™π•–π•π•§π•–
13: π”Έπ•“π•šπ•–π•Ÿπ•”π•–
14: π•‹π•£π• π•˜π•˜π•π•–π•™π•¦π•žπ•‘π•–π•£
15: 𝕋𝕠𝕣𝕑𝕖
16: ℂ𝕒π•₯π•™π•’π•£π•€π•šπ•€
17: π”Έπ•”π•’π•¦π•šπ•–π•€π•”π•–
18: β„π•–π••π•’π•žπ•’π•Ÿπ•”π•ͺ
19: π”Ήπ•π•šπ•˜π•™π•₯
20: ℝ𝕦𝕓𝕒π•₯π• π•€π•šπ•€
21: π•‹π• π•”π•€π•šπ•Ÿ
22: π”½π•π•’π•˜π•šπ•₯π•šπ• π•¦π•€
23: π•Žπ•¦π•Ÿπ••π•–π•£π•§π•–π•š
24: π”½π•–π•¦π•šπ•π•π•–π•žπ• π•£π•₯
25: π•„π•šπ•«π•‘π•’π•™

11: π•‚π•’π•šπ•£π• π•€π•”π•π•–π•£π• π•€π•šπ•€

618 11 5
By _StrawberrySmoothie_

𝘒𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘴- the moment when you realize you're happy

——————————🎀🎀——————————

Rose's POV:

On the ride to Giovanni's surprise, I'm practically jumping with joy. I can't help but wiggle in anticipation! I don't think I've been this excited since, well since I can remember.

I adored Mama, and I treasured the life we shared in our little house; it was predictable, safe, and loving. Yet, the part of life Giovanni has shown me recently has made me realize how much I truly missed out on.

When I was stuck inside, I was never able to experience life to its full extent. Every day, I would wake up and do pretty much the same thing; I lived an incredibly monotone life.  (cue "When Will My Life Begin")

Being so sheltered may have kept me from feeling soul-crushing pain for the first seventeen years of my life, but it also kept me from knowing the exhilaration of spontaneity and being able to truly live my life. Was all of my mother's worrying worth it? After all, not even she could protect me from the world in the end.

I'm brought back to the present by Gio's gentle yet deep voice. "Close your eyes," he commands softly and I obey without a second thought. I feel the car slow to a stop followed by the door on Giovanni's side opening and closing. A few seconds later, my door opens and two strong arms lift me out of the car. I squeak at the unexpected contact and pull myself closer to him for stability.

"You still have your eyes closed right Angioletto?" Gio asks as I cling to him like a koala.

{Little angel}

"Yup!" I promised, "Where are we?" the curiosity was killing me.

"I can't tell you silly goose, it would ruin the surprise."

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee?" I beg trying to get him to change his mind.

"Nope, not a chance." He chuckled and I know it's a hopeless cause.

"Ugh, you're no fun!" I mumble under my breath hoping he won't hear it, but he does.

"I'm no fun?" I might not be able to see him, but I have a feeling that one of his perfectly sculpted eyebrows is raised in question right now.

My resolve fades a bit but I still want to show him how inconsiderate he is being so I nod my head up and down with a frown on my face.

"Well, if I'm no fun then I guess we don't need to see the surprise..." He's obviously baiting me into apologizing and it works because I really want to see the surprise. Did I mention I love them? Well, the good surprises at least.

"I take it back! I take it back! You are the most fun person on the planet, no, in the universe!" A large pout settles its way onto my face.

"I forgive you, now don't pout; we're almost there."

A few moments later, I'm set down on the solid ground and I feel Gio move to stand behind me. What I'm assuming is grass gently tickles my ankles making me want to burst into laughter.

"Alright my curious angelo, are you ready?"

I nod my head with enthusiasm and feel the low rumble of his laughter on my back. I could stand here forever and never grow tired.

"Okay, open your eyes."

The moment my eyes open, time seems to stop. In that moment, nothing matters. It's just me and nature. There simply aren't words to describe the awe that overtakes my body. I feel empty in the best way possible.

The scene before me is utterly breathtaking. We're standing on a grassy field looking out. A few feet in front of us, a stream cuts through the middle of the field. Beyond the stream, the field begins to slope up and down creating a ripple of hills. To the right, the start of a forest is marked by groups of large, ancient trees.

Birds fly overhead and for a minute, I just stand there soaking in the beauty. There is a slight breeze that gently swirls my hair around my shoulders and I giggle softly. This feels just like a Disney movie; everything is so surreal.

I gasp as I notice the adorable picnic Giovanni must have set up for us. In the middle, there are pretty pink flowers, pillows, and enough food to feed a family. Whoever said nothing can be perfect was wrong, this is way more than just perfect.

Tears instantly cloud my vision as I try to convince myself that this is real. It all feels too good to be true. I'm afraid I'll wake up and find this was all a dream. I would be devastated.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when two strong, tattooed arms wrap around my waist alerting me that this truly is happening; I'm not fantasizing. Wow.

"Fragolina, shhh, what's got you all worked up?"

{🎀🍓 Fragolina = Little strawberry 🍓🎀}

"It's- it's just so..." I pause when an emotional sob vibrates through my body, "It's everything I've ever wanted and more!" I turn around and pull Giovanni into a huge bear hug. I don't think I've ever been happier. "Thank you," I say with all of the sincerity in my heart against his chest.

"You're very welcome. Now I've got a very important question." He said, suddenly sounding earnest.

We pull apart and I look up at him eagerly, "What's that?"

Cupping my face in his hands, he gravely says, "Are you hungry?"

My stomach grumbles answering the question for me and I laugh, "Starving!"

Gio's chest vibrates as he too laughs. Taking his hand, I practically drag him over to the blanket with food. Yum. As I begin to make a plate for myself, I notice Giovanni just sitting there, staring at me.

"Is there something wrong Gio?"

Instantly, he shakes his head no and looks almost like a child when they're caught sneaking extra candy. I've had that same look one too many times before; what can I say? I like candy!

"Has anyone ever told you how pretty you are Baby?"

Now I'm the one caught off guard. A soft blush slowly coats my cheeks as I nod my head. Instantly, a dark look fills my friend's eyes.

"Who?" He practically growls looking as though he's trying to restrain himself from doing something violent. I'm not sure what I did to upset him, but I want to make it better, I don't want to be a problem.

"Only Mama," I whimper and see the tension in Gio's body dissipate, his shoulders and flexed arms relaxing. He quickly pulls me onto his lap and begins to rock us, something I find incredibly comforting.

"I'm sorry I acted like that fragolina, that was very immature of me," he says after a bit.

"I-it's ok, you didn't mean it."

I hear him mumble something in Italian along the lines of, "Devo insegnarti a non perdonare così facilmente," but he doesn't translate so I don't press him further about it.

{Translation: I need to teach you to not forgive so easily.}

"You wanna know a fun fact about me?" I smile trying to change the topic.

The pretty man simply nods his head yes, not needing, or maybe wanting, to say anything.

"Besides Mama and my old online teachers, you're the only person in the world I know." It's not until I say the words out loud that the truth of that statement fully hits me. Does he think I'm lame? I bet he thinks I'm pathetic and weak. I hope not, I don't want to lose the one good thing I have in my life right now.

As if he can hear my thoughts, Giovanni squeezes me even tighter and wipes a stray tear off of my face. "It's alright Angioletto, I love you just the same. It doesn't change a thing." He pauses for a moment as if contemplating his next words. "You want to know something about me?"

Through slightly teary eyes, I peer up at him and nod my head slightly.

"You're the only true friend I have in this world."

——————————🎀🎀——————————

***I used google translate for the Italian, sorry if it's not correct! 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3K 51
He is a force to be reckoned with. A lift of his finger & people are beheaded in seconds. A word from him & the streets of NY are bathed in blood. An...
706 26 24
Maybe it's fate, or just bad luck. But these two young adults continue to encounter obstacles as they try to find their way to happiness. Will they l...
9.8K 1.2K 82
Many people long for a bigger and better life, especially as a young child and occasionally even a blossoming teen. However, this rule does not seem...
2.8K 210 28
*Formerly called Zander* Zander Whitman, Avian Giotto and Reese Cooper are childhood friends. While Zander has always been attracted to the vivacious...