timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... More

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
011. mayhem
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
033. hopeless
034. cradle to grave
035. the performer
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
073. hope
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
075. true genius
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
092. perennials
093. zugzwang
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

076. snake eyes

424 10 3
By maybankwalker

"Danny Savino, the floor manager at the Sapphire Lady Casino in Atlantic City was found dead in his office this morning." Hotch says.

"Blunt force trauma to the head. An empty wallet and money clip left next to the body." Rossi says.

"Mug shot. This guy's got a record." Derek says.

"Savino was a member of the Agnoli crime family." Rossi says.

"Sorry. Sorry." Penelope apologizes as she walks in late. She takes a seat.

"They're active in the Atlantic City area." Rossi says.

"It looks like a robbery gone bad." Emily says. Bedelia watches Derek wave to get Penelope's attention but she diverts her gaze from him.

"Why was the BAU called in?" Bedelia asks.

"8 one dollar bills surrounding an 8 card. That's highly ritualistic." Spencer says.

"And because Savino has ties to organized crime, agents in New Jersey are worried about things escalating." Hotch says.

"Well, it doesn't take much to ignite a mob war." Derek says.

"And collateral damage means nothing to these guys." Rossi says. "If we don't get a handle on this soon, innocent people are gonna die."

+++

"No question, Godfather II, hands down." Emily says.

"No, no, gotta be Scarface." Derek argues.

"For me, The Untouchables." JJ says. "Spence?"

"Mm. Probably Le Cercle Rouge, the 1970s French classic. But Den Tredje Vaagan is definitely a close second." He says.

"Yeah, that was my runner up, too." Emily says, smiling in amusement at the others.

"What about you, Rossi? Best ever gangster flick." JJ says.

"I've had too much of the real thing to be a fan of mob movies." Rossi says.

"Garcia, did we get the crime scene surveillance video yet?" Hotch asks.

"No, sir, because there wasn't any." She says.

"That's not possible. Every inch of the casino is surveilled every minute of every day." Spencer says.

"Yeah. Apparently the footage was tampered with, so..." Penelope says.

"All right, Reid and Prentiss, go to the crime scene. Dave, you and JJ find out if Savino was involved in anything the local authorities don't know about. Morgan, Davis, and I will contact the local FBI office and arrange a ceasefire with the families." Hotch instructs.

+++

"We appreciate your cooperation." Hotch says before leading the two men out. "Agent Goslin." He greets as she walks in, followed by Emily and Spencer.

"Any luck with our mob bosses?" She asks.

"Well, I think we bought some time." Derek says.

"What about the crime scene?" Hotch asks.

"Savino purposely bypassed the standard casino security." Emily says.

"And I think we know why." Rossi says as he and JJ walk in.

"Danny Savino supplemented his income by loaning money to casino patrons." JJ says.

"It explains why he changed the camera in his office. He didn't want his bosses to know he was freelancing." Spencer says.

"So we're looking for a gambler." Hotch says.

"A gambler in Atlantic City." Emily says.

"Should be super easy, right?" Bedelia remarks.

+++

"$88. The unsub's getting generous." Spencer says.

"There's less rage than the others." Emily notes. "And undoing. There's evidence of remorse. Shot in the back so he wouldn't have to face his victim."

"No robbery this time, either. Wallet's intact, except for anything to ID him." Spencer says.

"Is this even the same killer?" Goslin asks.

"The ritual's too similar to discount it." Hotch says.

"The change in M.O. makes sense if the unsub is still refining his system. Maybe killing the cashier at the gas station didn't work, so he's back to the drawing board." Emily says.

"Two 8s instead of one could also be significant. I know in China the number 8 symbolizes prosperity. The more 8s the better. As a matter of fact, in Chungdu a telephone number consisting of all 8s recently sold for over a quarter million dollars." Spencer informs.

"So why would he be doubling up on his luck out here, away from all the casinos?" Emily asks.

"There's been another killing. A guest in his room at the Sapphire Lady." Goslin says.

"Same ritual?" Hotch asks.

"No. His neck was broken. And he was robbed of 50,000. But the strange thing is the killer left nearly 20,000 behind with the body." Goslin says.

"Garcia, is there a casino in the neighborhood of Penrose and Morningside Avenue?" Hotch asks.

"Uh... no casinos per se, but there's a private gambling establishment right around the corner." Penelope says.

"Is it legal?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah. But it's ultra exclusive. They have a monthly high stakes poker tournament, today being the day for the month, coincidentally enough." Penelope says.

"Or no coincidence at all." Emily says.

"What's the buy in?" Hotch asks.

"Um... yikies. $50,000. But it's a million dollar guarantee if you win." Penelope says.

"What time does it start?"

"Later this afternoon." She says.

"Thanks." Hotch hangs up.

+++

"Forensics got a fingerprint on the last victim." Goslin says, walking in. "Eddie Langdon. We're looking into him."

"Hey, any luck?" Emily asks Hotch.

"No. They don't want to allocate agency funds for the buy-in." Hotch says. "I'm still working on it." He walks out.

"Well, I can't imagine why not. We're only asking for 50,000 bucks of taxpayer money so that FBI agents can play Texas Hold 'Em." Rossi remarks.

"Hey, what about you?" Emily asks.

"What about me what?" Rossi asks.

"You could stake us the buy-in." Emily says.

"Yeah, you're a best selling author." Spencer says, sitting down.

"No." Rossi answers.

"Why not?" Bedelia asks.

"One, it's against regulations, and I'd like to hold on to this job for a little while longer." Rossi says.

"It's a minor administrative violation." JJ says.

"And two, I prefer to spend my money on actual things, like single malt scotch, a fine cigar, beautiful artwork." Rossi says.

"Poker chips are things." Emily reasons.

"Maybe just think of it as like a new experience. I mean, at your age, how often does that happen?" Spencer asks. Bedelia snorts.

"At my what?" Rossi asks.

"Rossi, this may be our only chance to get this guy." JJ says.

"All right. Fine." He relents. "I'm a decent poker player. But I can't promise that I can stay in the game long enough to--"

"Well, Rossi, I-I'm sure you're great, but... I vote we send in Spencer." Bedelia says.

"Seconded." Emily nods.

"I am banned from casinos in Las Vegas, Laughlin, and Parump because of my card counting ability." Spencer says.

"See? Exactly. Let's make this the fourth city." Bedelia smiles.

"Look, I know I'm not a genius like the boy wonder here, but poker is not blackjack. It's about bluffing, reading human nature, head games. It's not math." Rossi says.

"That's not entirely accurate." Spencer argues, getting up and going to the board. "There actually is a mathematical equation for knowing when to raise and when to fold. If P represents the size of the pot at the time of the play, then P times N minus one, with N representing the estimated number of players in the final round of betting--"

"Okay, fine. I surrender. Just try not to lose all of my money." Rossi says. Spencer snaps his fingers and gives him a thumbs up.

+++

They finished the case and are back home.

"Wanna get pizza?" Spencer asks, standing by Bedelia's desk.

"Uh... yeah. Yeah, sure." She nods. "Only if we get ice cream, too."

"Deal." Spencer agrees. "Why ice cream?"

"It's, uh... that certain time of the month. Ice cream sounds super delightful." Bedelia states.

"Right. Yeah, okay." Spencer nods, the two starting to leave. "Are you cramping? Does anything hurt?"

"I'm good, Spence. I just want pizza and ice cream." Bedelia says.

"Okay." Spencer nods, relaxing a little.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 5.7K 38
Spencer is missing and it's up to the BAU to get him back. But when her and the team digs up information on him they weren't meant to see, it turns h...
617K 15.8K 33
κ’° 🏹 κ’±Ψ˜ ࿐ ΰΏ”*:ο½₯゚𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ dr. spencer reid attempts to do everything in his power to distance himself from the new...
105K 3.2K 82
[ criminal minds -- seasons 11-15 ] Madelyn Banks Series: How to Save a Life Surrender Start a Riot I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's ch...
1.2M 25.5K 39
❝ it's okay to be afraid of the monsters, it's just not okay to let them win ❞ { criminal minds } { no set season }