Do What You Gotta Do - a Desc...

Von randomreader000000

Follow the story of Mal's younger brother who also gets taken to Auradon, but will he make the same decisions... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Possible Preview 😏

Chapter 22

153 8 0
Von randomreader000000

Chapter 22

~~ Months Later ~~

"Arendelle."

"Check."

"Skull Island."

"Check."

"Cinderellasburg."

"Check."

"The Great Wall."

"Check."

"Which one am I missing?" Mal, now fully blonde, asked from the back of the limo where she and Drac were.

He paused. "Agrabah."

"Right."

She leaned her head back, the angle looked uncomfortable until she remembered something and sat up gasping. "I have nothing to wear!"

"Evie sent your wardrobe ahead last week when we were visiting Peter Pan and the fairies."

That had been an uncomfortable trip for Drac. Peter and Mal got along great, making fun of pirates and exchanging battle stories. With Harry Hook working for Uma Mal had plenty to tell Peter about all the butt kicking and pranks her gang had caused the pirates. And he loved every second of it. He made fun of Hook, only referring to him as 'The Codfish'. Drac stayed at the fringes of the conversation, spending most of his time with Lost Boys swinging from branches and showing them moves he, Jay and Carlos had used to navigate the Isle. It helped take his mind off CJ and how poorly his own sister was talking about her family.

Needless to say he'd been relived when they were able to leave, only to be nervous and uncomfortable again when he realized their next destination.

Agrabah.

Where Aziz lived.

Drac had only seen him from afar after he'd returned to Auradon Prep. He had wanted to return to the band room, but his sister seemed to need him constantly. Something was stressing her out, and while he didn't know what, he still stuck by her. Meaning he'd had little time to catch up with his old friends - Aziz included.

Mal's excuse for sticking so close to him was so he'd never be alone as students, faculty and the occasional reporter who snuck their way onto school grounds bombarded him with questions. Drac had caught sight of Aziz sitting off to the side watching him with a smile. Drac would return the small grin and nod but he hadn't had the chance to really catch up with Aziz - or any of his friends from band. Not with his usual classes, his additional magic classes then with the royal duties that came with being the brother of the girl who would maybe be Auradon's next queen.

That had been the part he hadn't been expecting. To be in the ring for a lordship just because Mal would be becoming a Lady of the Court. But apparently it was custom - according to Ben anyway. There hadn't exactly been many marriages between royals and non royals, and when there were, those non royals usually didn't have siblings. Drac wasn't sure if it was some law that Ben had found buried and covered in dust, or if the young King had decreed it himself. Either way, Drac was on the same path as Mal in joining the court and becoming a major player in Auradon's monarchy.

Hence why he was on this trip with her without any of the others.

Beside him in the limo Mal nervously flicked through the index cards of cultures and traditions she had to know upon arrival to each of the locations within Auradon.

"How does Ben do all this?" She whispered and Drac wasn't sure if he was meant to hear it. On the outside Mal had always been the tough one, perfectly put together and calm. And on the outside she still was, just princessier. She was wearing a lavender body suit, the pants portion were like business pants you'd see in an office, while the top was a halter top style. Over it she wore a matching blazer with dark purple lapels and cuffs. She had a thin dark purple belt on the center of the suit to bring the whole outfit together and it matched her heels. There wasn't a spike or a patch of lime green anywhere on her and her blonde hair was pulled into an elegant high ponytail. She looked every bit the part of the next queen of Auradon, a proper lady. But her eyes were filled with worry, lines at the corners of her eyes that had never been there before were showing as Mal took deep breaths. Drac patted her bare arm trying to be comforting as he took the cards from her trembling hands. He gave them a quick look.

"Agrabah is simple enough." He said, "Not as complex in how you curtsey as Cinderellasburg was, it definitely won't be cold like in Arendelle, and it should be as welcoming as the Great Wall."

With Mulan's influence the Chinese district of the kingdom had been able to become a perfect blend of modern principles and honor to tradition. Drac expected Agrabah to be similar. Jasmine had worked hard to become Sultan in her own right and Aladdin had once been a thief. Something Aziz had reminded Drac way back when.

"Mal calm down." He told her, "You're not the first punk from the streets to become royal after all."

She looked to him and he saw the light go off in her head. She nodded and her breathing began to settle down.

"Thanks Drac."

The limo came to a halt a moment later and the driver got out and opened their doors for them. Drac used the reflection in the tinted window to make sure his green hair was gelled and tamed, none of the shagginess or ruffled bed head it usually was. He fixed his dark green tie and made sure the buttons of his white shirt were done correctly. His purple slacks he didn't worry about as he stuffed his hands into the pockets and side by side with Mal were led into the ivory palace. There were two rows of guards with old fashioned sabers in their sash made belts. He and Mal climbed a dozen polished stone steps to the huge doors that could fit an elephant.

Inside the sunlight was dimmer as it filtered through curtains of colored silk. The walls were carved ornately, with gold trimming everywhere, even zig zagging up the thick pillars all over the room. There was a smokiness in the air from burning incense in the corners that made the room smell like spices and fragrant flowers. A handful of Auradon guards that had been assigned to the siblings followed them inside until they were instructed to stop roughly ten feet from the bottom of another set of steps.

There was deep drumming, followed by four loud trumpet blasts. Then a pause before another four blasts. Mal lifted her chin keeping her appearance as confident and regal as she could. Drac pulled his hands from his pockets and folded them in front of him.

At the top of the steps another set of doors was opened. No one stood there. Until a second later from the left Aladdin and Jasmine appeared. Aladdin had his left hand raised which Jasmine took as they descended down the stairs. Aladdin was in an ivory and gold trimmed suit, he wore no lavish robes or headdress. Instead his dark hair fell partially in his eyes. He looked at his wife like she was his world, a bright smile and glowing eyes watching her entrance too. Jasmine didn't wear her usual teal dress she'd become known for. Instead her dress was purple. Maybe in an attempt to show her loyalty to the pair and her approval of Ben's choice. The top had capped sleeves that were trimmed in gold and some of the detailing in the belt and top was a light teal. The skirt flowed around a matching set of pants. She wore her mother's signature bracelet on her wrist that matched her necklace and earrings. Her hair was half up leaving the rest flowing down her back. She had a warm smile as she descended and approached Mal.

"Mal." She greeted kindly as she gently grasped her shoulders and they each gave the other a kiss on each cheek. Then she moved to Drac and he bent one arm in front of him and the other behind his back as he bowed deeply in respect. Aladdin kissed Mal's hand before shaking hands firmly with Drac.

Then Jasmine turned sour as she looked back at the steps. "Oh where is that boy?"

"Probably out among our people." Aladdin pardoned Aziz. Then he turned to Jasmine, "Like someone I know."

She rolled her eyes, "A bit too mischievous like his father." Jasmine jested back as Aladdin laughed. Then she turned her eyes to the siblings.

"I apologize for his tardiness."

"No need Princess Jasmine." Mal replied, "We're much tardier on the Isle. Think nothing of it."

"I'm sure he'll be along." Aladdin said, "Come, we'll show you the garden in the meantime."

Mal followed his outstretched hand as they led the way, Jasmine accompanied Drac as the four made it out a side door and into a beautiful garden. Vines with assorted flowers grew up pavilions, wooden benches and tables were spaced out if one wanted to sit down in the sun or the shade. A monkey hopped along the palm trees.

"Abu." Aladdin called, "Best behavior."

Mal and Drac chuckled as the monkey tipped his little hat to them as he swung by. Aladdin and Jasmine then began to talk to Mal about her tour and how she was adapting. She and Aladdin did have a lot in common which seemed to quell any nerves remaining in his sister. Her stiff professional stance was loosening as she grew more comfortable and became more of herself. She talked more animatedly and smiled more genuine and even giggled a few times. Jasmine would chime in as well even as she accompanied Drac behind the pair. He was fine with being silent, after all, Mal was the one who was likely going to become queen. Not him. He was fine stepping back and being in her shadow - he'd grown up doing the same thing. And while he enjoyed standing on his own back on the Isle Auradon was still new and uncommon enough that his place under Mal gave him the advantage to take in everything around him and not have to worry about being the center of attention as much. He noted the way the royals walked, how they phrased their words, how they never let their voices carry higher than a certain octave. He logged it all in his brain, knowing as a lord he'd need it sooner rather than later.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

After a tour of the palace, much like the tour of Auradon Prep they'd gotten from Ben ages ago, Aladdin and Jasmine left Mal and Drac to the suite prepared for them telling the pair they'd see then at dinner. In the meantime Ben would be arriving. Poor Ben, if Mal thought she had a lot to deal with she should take a good look at her boyfriend. Ben didn't have the luxury of travel time like they did. For the king it was wake up, sign papers, go to a meeting, fly here to meet with some important somebody, then fly back, go to another meeting, then go to this ribbon cutting for a grand opening, then go back finish more paperwork, then go to bed and start the whole thing over again. Drac wasn't sure how he did it, but, then again he'd been raised to be able to handle being king one day.

The suite he and Mal had been given had a shared living space with a set of double doors on each side for a bedroom and private common area. Mal stayed in the living space, rifling through the luggage that had been brought in for them, and already began to fret over finding her outfit for dinner. Drac headed to his room, hoping to maybe catch a nap. He'd been planning to get some sleep on the ride here but with Mal so nervous he couldn't just ignore helping his sister. But with Ben only an hour or so away and Mal distracted with wardrobe Drac now had a moment to himself.

He shut the double doors behind him and turned, pressing his back to the ornate wood. He closed his eyes, leaned his head back and let out a long sigh. Only a second later a hand was pressed to the door right beside his head and he didn't even open his eyes in time to see who was in his room before he was being kissed. Deeply. But it felt familiar so he melted into it.

"Sorry." Aziz said immediately as he stepped back and seemed to come to his senses. He pressed his fingers to his mouth, rubbed his lips and shook his head. "Sorry, sorry."

He was smiling but at the same time looked bashful as he tried to explain himself while Drac stood there watching him.

"I just. . . I missed you and. . . well, welcome back. . . to Auradon. How was the Isle?"

Drac gave a breathless chuckle as Aziz tried to glaze over what had just happened.

"You okay?" He asked still laughing a bit.

"Uh." Aziz chuckled too, "I don't know. I just, missed you."

"You missed me a lot."

Aziz blushed, "I did, miss you a lot. And, uh, that, went much smoother in my head."

"Hey I've been there man." He said stuffing his hands into his pockets.

It was quiet for a minute before Aziz spoke again.

"So. . . how was the Isle?"

Drac sighed, "Home sweet home."

"Good. I was worried, you being there alone and all."

Drac shrugged, "I survived. Didn't get beaten up, or captured, or mugged, so. . . all in all it was pretty good for me. Aside from the food."

"You didn't have to go to school though." Aziz pointed out as they both walked further into the room.

Drac pointed at him, "That is true."

He collapsed onto a teal chaise letting his head plop onto the gold pillow. Aziz took a seat on a chair across from it and rested his elbows on his knees.

"What else happened on the Isle?" He asked, a natural curiosity about the place that most Auradon kids seemed to have, "Or do you not want to talk about it?"

"No." Drac sighed, "The Isle is. . . the Isle. It's dark and dreary and covered in grime and sludge."

Even he could hear the fondness in his tone and Aziz smiled.

"I love it. I know a person shouldn't but it's what I'm used to." He sat up and rested one elbow on a bent knee looking at Aziz, "It's Auradon that throws me for a loop."

"Yeah, we come on a bit strong don't we?"

"Says the guy who pinned me to the door and planted one on me?"

Aziz dropped his head in embarrassment again.

"It's okay." Drac assured him, "The last time someone had me pinned like that I had a sword to my throat."

Aziz looked back up to him, a story full of adventure disintegrating any thoughts about his embarrassment. "Who did that?"

Drac shrugged, "Harry Hook."

"How'd you get out of that one?"

Drac looked away and bit his lip, "I, uh, played the 'mom card'. A tad shameful, but it worked."

"So this was before you all came to Auradon?"

"Yep. Mal and Ursula's daughter Uma have a long standing grudge. And Uma controls most of the pirate sector of the Isle so Harry's one of her goons."

Aziz asked more questions about the Isle, all of which Drac answered with abundant detail. He told him all about the fights between his gang and the pirates. How Jay used to run with them before joining Mal. Aziz seemed surprised that the villains had their own hierarchies, their own pecking order. That there were constant battles for turf and power.

"Hey they don't have heroes to battle anymore. They gotta fight someone." Drac said with a smile, "Fish gotta swim. Villains need to plot."

"And Jafar?" He asked, "Your mother was allied with him right?"

"Jafar has. . . really fallen from his pedestal." Drac chuckled before a yawn took over that he hid behind his hand.

Aziz stood from his chair. "I should let you get some rest before dinner." He said as he walked toward the ivory balcony attached to the room. The way Drac assumed he'd entered.

"You can go out the door you know. It's your palace man."

Aziz turned to him at the rail. "That's boring. Remember, I'm half street rat."

Then he pivoted himself over the side and vanished. Drac didn't hear any crash and Aziz was athletic. Yawning again he didn't even get up to go to the bed. He laid back and got comfortable on the chaise and dreamt.

His mother's scepter stood in the center of a room of the most dangerous objects in the world. Housed away from where the public were allowed in the museum. Drac followed Fairy Godmother and was flanked by Genie on one side and Merlin on another. The Three Good Fairies, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather took up the back of their group. They passed through a blue room where the queen's crown was in a glass display case. It wasn't something they kept on show, Belle had only stopped wearing it a few months ago when Ben was coronated and it looked like it wouldn't be long before the crown was Mal's to wear. So for now it was in the museum only for safe keeping.

Beyond that was a room covered in red curtains. There were several pedestals spaced out in a circle around the scepter. The scissors of the Three Fates, a basket of poison apples, the Black Cauldron, even the mirror Gaston had used to lead him to Beast's castle. But it was the scepter that made all of their muscles tense.

In Fairy Godmother's hands was the new Dragon's Egg. It was so close to hatching that it looked like a cracked windshield. Fissures covered the entire purple shell letting a lime green light seep out from between the cracks. In contrast, the egg in the scepter was a deep emerald green as the old egg was becoming more and more dormant the stronger the new egg became. Fairy Godmother stopped in front of the scepter and Drac paused behind her. Genie, Merlin and the Good Fairies spread out in a circle around them - just in case. Fairy Godmother turned to him, worry was on her face, it was on Drac's too. He hoped he was strong enough for this without getting corrupted by the evil.

Taking a deep breath he nodded and held out his hands. Gently she placed the egg in them, immediately the warmth seeped into his skin. The flames he'd grown used to conjuring were nothing in comparison, but he felt the magic within him connect to the egg, like it already was eager to strengthen his powers. Imagine what he could do if he could make bigger fire -

He shook his head. Then took another breath. Fairy Godmother and the others were watching him cautiously. He looked her in the eye and nodded. Only when his tutor thought he had it handled did she turn around and stepped up to the scepter. She cupped the gem at the top with her hand and retrieved her wand from her jacket with the other. Raising the tip to the scepter she was able to make the black tendril like coils unwind. Drac moved around her knowing this swap had to be simultaneous.

With an almost shaking hand Drac used his other fingers to peel away the first section of egg shell. The purple peeled away, a slimy lavender goo sticking from the shell to the Egg. Merlin stepped forward and held out a hand. Drac placed the pieces of the shell in his palm. He continued, starting at the bottom and working his way up. When the whole bottom half was exposed everyone in the room shivered, but Drac was drenched with sweat. He looked to Fairy Godmother, her fingertips touched the old egg, her wand still at the ready. She jostled it to one side, then the other. As she did Drac brought the new egg closer. When Fairy Godmother pulled out the old he immediately slipped the new Egg in it's place. Nothing happened, for a moment they all felt relief. But then the Egg glowed and the remaining bits of shell blasted off the surface of the green Egg and flew across the room. Everyone raised their hands to shield their eyes. But not Drac. He stepped forward and cupped the Egg in his hands. He tried to get the power under control, to contain it.

You like the scepter. He thought, trying to make his will stronger. You're connected to it. You know this is where you belong.

The Egg surged again, pushing the others back as they tried to move forward and help him.

"Bippity Boppity Boo!" He heard Fairy Godmother shout but when he looked to her she was behind a sheen of green light. Everyone was, the Egg had created a dome of magic keeping everyone unfamiliar out. The only thing it recognized, was Drac, his mother's magic in his veins. Still cupping the egg in his hands he tried to get it to settle enough that the coils of the scepter could wrap around it again.

Settle. He thought. The old egg stayed here for decades and was fine. Just settle.

It glowed, almost in response to him. He heard a dragon roar, he saw a swirling black in the center of the egg, his hands began to tingle with heat. He felt his eyes glowing. The power was trying to seduce him.

But he knew if he caved it would take over and he would never be himself again.

Then he heard a chuckle, "Getting it ready for me, my nasty little boy?"

Drac shot up on the chaise. He was panting and covered in sweat. His mother's voice was still ringing in his ears. He clapped his hands over them to try and block it out. He was in Agrabah. He reminded himself as he began to look around at the bright gold room lit by the streaming sunlight. Everything is fine. None of that happened. The Eggs swapped fine. There was the flash of light and he did cup the Egg but afterward it had bent to his will recognizing him as a relative of its master. Or its new master, he thought with a shiver. He shook his head. Fairy Godmother was able to seal the tendrils around it again. Nothing like that happened. It was all okay. That had come and gone a month ago and everything had been fine. He'd even been congratulated by the Three Good Fairies who'd once stood against his mother. He took several deep calming breaths. That didn't happen.

He stood and headed for the washroom to shower and change before dinner.

It didn't happen.

. . . But then why was his mother's voice so clear in his mind?

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

47.9K 1.3K 31
Mal and her friends were taken prisoners and were forced to tell wearing the Auradon descendants were hiding, but they refuse to say anything. Malefi...
1.3K 52 30
Post the fall of the barrier, Uma and her crew have been welcomed into Auradon along with Mal's father, Hades. Maleficent has been captured. Peace se...
54K 1.1K 52
Hattie is the child of Hades, born out of an affair while Hades was with Maleficent, Hattie is the same age as Mal but Mal is seven months older than...
54.2K 726 18
Descendants: Ben made a proclamation and has five villains come to the Auradon. Mal, daughter of Maleficent, Jay, son of Jafar, Evie, daughter of the...