timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

Від maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... Більше

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
011. mayhem
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
033. hopeless
034. cradle to grave
035. the performer
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
073. hope
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
076. snake eyes
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
092. perennials
093. zugzwang
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

075. true genius

428 13 8
Від maybankwalker

Bedelia gets to work early, carrying the small box of donuts and the two coffees. She puts the box on Spencer's desk, putting one of the coffees next to it.

Bedelia gets settled in at her desk, as she usually does, biting her lip with some anxiety as she waits for the certain man.

Bedelia starts working on a case file, almost missing as Spencer walks over, slowing down when he spots the things on his desk.

"What's that?" He frowns.

Bedelia looks up before following his finger to the box and coffee.

"Oh. It-- it's for you." She says, getting up. "Happy birthday." She smiles.

"You-- you remembered my birthday?" He asks.

"Wh-- ye-yeah. Yeah, why-- why would I forget it?" She asks.

"I don't know." He shrugs.

"Well, I-I didn't. Happy birthday."

Spencer smiles a little, practically able to feel his heart melt. He opens the box, eyes lighting up at the six chocolate frosted with sprinkles donuts.

"Your favorite donuts and your coffee with an excessive amount of sugar -- just how you like it." Bedelia says.

"Thank you, Delia." Spencer says, picking one of the donuts. He points to the box, sliding it closer to her.

"Oh, no. No, all yours." She says. "So, um... if-- if you were up for it and-- and if the team didn't have anything else planned, I thought maybe you'd wanna come over tonight? We-- we could order whatever food you want, watch what you want. Or go out to eat. Whatever you want."

"Thanks." Spencer smiles.

+++

Bedelia and Spencer are at her apartment and finished up their dinner, Spencer choosing Indian food.

"And now for dessert." Bedelia says.

"Dessert?" Spencer frowns, watching her disappear into the kitchen. Bedelia soon walks back out, holding a tray of cupcakes, a candle in one of them.

"There we go." Bedelia grins.

Spencer smiles, glancing at her, the woman too excited, cheering him up when she doesn't even know he needs it.

Spencer blows the candle out and Bedelia puts it on one of the plates she brought out.

"I'll be right back." Bedelia says.

"You didn't get me a gift, did you?" Spencer asks.

"...No." She mumbles.

"Delia." Spencer whines.

"What? It's your birthday. You're guaranteed one gift." Bedelia says, leaving the room.

Spencer sighs, grabbing one of the cupcakes. He smiles at the messy frosting, knowing Bedelia made them. His cheeks heat up, realizing how much she cares even after all they've been through lately.

He bites into the cupcake as he officially decides not to tell her that she's the only one who remembered what today was. He feels it'd break her heart more than his.

"Here we go." Bedelia walks in and is carrying a few gifts.

"You said one gift." Spencer says.

"I said you're guaranteed one gift. I never said I got you only one." Bedelia says, putting them on the coffee table.

"You really didn't have to. Thank you." Spencer tells her.

"You're welcome." She smiles. "C'mon, open them."

Spencer opens the gifts, two books in Latin. Bedelia doesn't know what they're really about, but knows he's talked about them before, the woman thankfully able to memorize the titles.

Spencer opens the third and final gift, chuckling at the box set of the Doctor Who series.

"You didn't." He laughs.

"Mm-hmm. Now you have them accessible at all times." Bedelia says.

She watches him with a small smile, Spencer looking like a little kid opening gifts with the big grin and sparkling eyes.

"Thank you, Delia. I-I really appreciate all of this. I do." Spencer tells her.

"You're welcome." She smiles. "You deserve it."

+++

"Guess who's back." Penelope says. "The Marin Headlands last night. David Atley and Nicole Puli, both 24, both grad students at Berkeley, shot multiple times in their vehicle -- wait for it--" Penelope hits a button making a drawing of the Zodiac symbol show it which was painted on the car.

"The Zodiac?" Derek asks.

"No way." Rossi argues.

"Come on, it's gotta be the 2.0 version." JJ chuckles.

"Yeah, you would think so, except for the crazy similarities in the M.O. I'm talking same victimology, same geography. And two souvenirs were left at the crime scene." Penelope says.

"He left a photo?" Rossi asks.

"Mm-hmm. Local police say that is Marcia Miller. She was found near Napa in 1971, strongly suspected that she was a victim of The Zodiac, but police never confirmed it and they didn't publicize the case." Penelope says.

"So The Zodiac took this photo at the killing and then saved it all these years?" Derek asks.

"The Zodiac's last confirmed victim was the cabdriver, Paul Stine." Rossi says. "He mailed pieces of Stine's bloody shirt along with his letters to prove it was him. This photo could prove he's back."

"Oh... you just mentioned a bloody shirt? This is the second souvenir that was left at the crime scene." Penelope says before showing a picture of a part of a bloody shirt. "Preliminary tests say that the blood type is O-negative."

"Same blood type as the cabdriver." Rossi says.

"So how old would The Zodiac be by now?" JJ asks. "The murders took place in the '60s?"

"Yeah. Uh, December 20, 1968, to October 11, 1969, to be exact, but he was suspected of other crimes, and he sent letters and codes to newspapers until 1974." Penelope says.

"Well, at the very least, The Zodiac would have to be about 60 by now." Derek says.

"It doesn't take a lot of strength to pull a trigger." JJ says.

"No, but it takes a lot of skill not to get caught for 40 years." Derek says.

"Have Reid and Prentiss meet us in San Francisco." Hotch says.

"Yes, sir." Penelope nods.

+++

JJ, Bedelia, and Hotch get to the crime scene.

"Agent Hotchner?" A woman asks.

"Yes." He nods.

"I'm Agent Lin." She says.

"Nice to meet you." He shakes her hand. "This is Agent Jareau and Agent Davis." He informs, Lin shaking each of their hands.

"We're setting you up in the city field office." Lin says. "All the Zodiac data has been sent over from local P.D.s"

"Good. That avoids jurisdiction issues." Hotch says.

"According to the M.E., David Atley was shot twice in the head." Lin says. "Nicole Puli was shot 13 times in the face, torso, and back. Weapon was a 9-millimeter."

"Overkill on the female." Hotch says.

"The Zodiac did the same thing." Bedelia says. "He also used a 9-millimeter."

"We're examining ballistics for a match." Lin says. "Take a look over here." She leads JJ and Bedelia over a few feet to where a shoe print is in the dirt. "We ID'd these as military wing walker boots."

"Huh. Let me guess. Size 10 1/2." JJ says.

"Just like the prints found at Lake Berryessa in '69." Lin says.

"What makes you think this is the real Zodiac, agent?" Hotch asks.

"The M.O. is uncannily similar. If it's not him, then it's an equally evil twin." Lin says.

"Or maybe an eviler twin." Bedelia jokes. She forces her smile away when she sees JJ and Hotch's looks.

"Or someone who's studied him meticulously." Hotch says.

"Have any letters or ciphers been received?" Spencer asks as he and Emily walk over.

"Agent, uh, this is Dr. Reid, Agent Prentiss." Hotch says. Lin goes to shake Spencer's hand but he just waves. She shakes Emily's hand.

"How was the conference?" Bedelia asks.

"Uh... enlightening." Spencer says.

"Has the unsub made any contact?" Emily asks.

"The "Chronicle's" website manager received two phone calls this morning. There was just a heavy breathing on the other end. Like the phone calls Zodiac used to make." Lin says.

"Can I get a physical copy of the online version of today's paper?" Spencer asks.

"You want a printout of the online version?" Lin asks.

"Yeah. With all the comments printed out as well, if possible, thanks." Spencer says. Lin gives a confused looks to the others.

"Don't ask." JJ says.

Lin walks off.

"It's not the real Zodiac." Spencer says.

"How can you be so sure?" Emily asks as Spencer walks over to the car.

"I just know it. Sometimes I can't really explain it." Spencer says.

+++

"The dates match. When Zodiac stopped killing, my cousin was put in a mental hospital in Mexico." A guy tells reporters. "He was released 2 months ago."

"Do you have anything more specific?" The reporter asks.

"He was working on a production of "The Mikado" in '68. The Zodiac talked about "The Mikado" in a letter." The guy says.

"Excuse me." Spencer walks up to stand next to him. "I'm Dr. Reid with the behavioral analysis unit. Was your cousin by chance a fan of Wagner? Because a CD of the "Tragic Overture" was sent to the police this morning." He says.

"He loved Wagner, especially the "Tragic Overture." It's him." The guy says.

"Oh, yeah." Spencer nods. "Well, for the record," He steps forward making the man move to the side. "A CD was not sent to the police this morning, and the "Tragic Overture" was written by Brahms, not Wagner, so luckily, I guess it's not your cousin."

Bedelia proudly grins at him, though she does keep her laugh in at everybody else's looks.

"The FBI would greatly appreciate it if people would stop making false claims to get their 15 minutes of fame. Thank you. Thank you very much." Spencer goes inside.

+++

"Reid, how's it going?" Hotch asks.

"Computers slow me down, so I prefer paper, but I wasn't expecting all these comments." Spencer says. "Where do people find the time?"

"Posting a comment only takes, like, five seconds, honey." Bedelia says. "People have too much time."

Spencer goes over the nickname in his head, mildly panicking, but he brushes it off knowing she's called all of them that at some point.

"I think I just found a cipher from the unsub." Spencer says. "The symbols buried in the spam are the same ones The Zodiac used in his first message back in 1969."

"What does it say?" Hotch asks.

""Killing is the most fun you can have 98 minutes below the horizon in Magic City with President Garfield. Happy hunting."" Spencer says.

Hotch calls Penelope, putting her on speaker.

"The oracle is in. How may I assist?" She asks.

"Garcia, to what specific location does Magic City refer?" Hotch asks.

"Birmingham, Louisiana." She answers.

"98 minutes below the horizon. Garcia, what time is the sunset there tonight?" Spencer asks.

"6:22."

"98 minutes there would be 8 P.M. What's dedicated to President Garfield in San Francisco?" Spencer asks.

"President Garfield... there's a statue of him in Golden Gate Park."

+++

Bedelia stands behind a tree with Hotch.

"No one at the south entrance yet." One of the guys say over the radio.

"Copy that." JJ says.

"We've got a vehicle." Hotch says when he notices a car driving up. He looks through his one binocular. "It's a lone driver." The car parks and a person gets out. The two agents posing as a normal couple on the bench near the statue continue to talk. "Move in."

They all leave their places and walk closer as the guy gets closer to the two on the bench.

"FBI. Show me your hands." Hotch says as he and Bedelia take their guns out, aiming them at the guy. The guy holds his hands up.

"Drop it." Bedelia orders and he drops the envelope he's holding. Everybody else rushes up and the two on the bench take their guns out and a cop car pulls up, blaring the sirens.

"I'm just the messenger." He says. "I'm supposed to deliver a letter." He says as a cop handcuffs him. Bedelia picks the envelope up and looks at the front of it, her eyebrows furrowing.

"It's for Reid." She says, giving the said man a confused look. He looks at her, obviously not expecting that. He takes the envelope and takes the paper out, unfolding it.

""You're not as smart as you think you are."" He reads.

"Who sent it?" Hotch asks.

"I don't know. I just deliver it to the address when I'm supposed to." The guy says.

"If the unsub's not here, where is he?" JJ asks.

+++

The unsub killed another guy and girl last night and they're at the crime scene.

"It's a high vantage point." Emily says. "The victims chose it for the view, the unsub so he could see if anyone was coming."

Spencer's phone rings and he answers it.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks. "All right, thanks, Garcia." He hangs up after a bit. JJ and Hotch walk over. "He used the same code that was broken years ago in a riddle we cracked in seconds. He knew we'd solve it. It was a decoy."

"No, it's a taunt. He wants to prove that he's smarter than everyone." Hotch says.

"And we fell for it." Spencer says. "Well, if he's trying to compete with me, then it means he's most likely within 5 years of my age. The question is why."

"But the message might not have been meant for you, Reid." Hotch says.

"A letter was hand delivered to me last night." Spencer says.

"The comment to the paper was written at 9:03 A.M. We weren't even in the city yet, so how would the unsub know you'd be involved in the case?" Emily questions.

"You did give your name to the press later that day, and you said yourself he knew we'd be in the park." JJ says.

"If he's doing his best to emulate The Zodiac, killing in such quick succession would be a mistake." Emily says.

"The shortest time span for Zodiac was two weeks?" JJ asks and Spencer nods.

"Maybe the unsub doesn't have a choice." Emily says. "Maybe he's experiencing a time pressure that he has no control over."

"We're ready to give the profile." Hotch says, walking off, JJ and Emily following. Bedelia looks up at Spencer who has a small frown.

"Hey." She rests her hand on his arm. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Spencer nods.

"Okay." She mumbles, but doesn't really believe him.

+++

Emily and Bedelia get to the cafe where Spencer is sitting at a table and working on the code.

"Hey." Emily sits across from him and Bedelia sits between them. "Are you gonna tell is what's up?" Spencer still focuses on the code. "Reid, it's us."

"Spencie." Bedelia calls in a sing song voice, poking his shoulder.

"Do you ever wonder if you lived up to expectations?" Spencer asks.

"Mm... I beat them. I figured I'd be a bored socialite by 25." Emily says.

"I thought I'd cure schizophrenia by the time I was 25." Spencer says. Bedelia sadly looks at him, feeling her heart clench for him. "You know, when I was a kid, people told me that I could do anything." Spencer says.

"You're afraid you've let people down?" Emily asks.

"No, I'm afraid I've let myself down." Spencer says.

"By not curing schizophrenia?" Bedelia asks.

"No, just because... I don't know why I'm in the FBI." He says.

"I see. You're a genius, but you have the same job as me, B, Morgan, JJ." Emily says.

"Yeah, exactly." Spencer nods. "No." He laughs. "That's not what I'm saying. It's just sometimes-- sometimes I kind of get this feeling like-- like maybe I should have done something more with my life."

"How old are you? 29." Emily says. Bedelia frowns.

"I'm 30." Spencer says.

"No way." Emily says. "We missed your birthday? Well-- why didn't you tell us?"

"Wait, they forgot your birthday?" Bedelia looks at him. "Wha-- why didn't you tell me that?"

"You remembered?" Emily asks.

"Yeah, I remembered." Bedelia nods. "How'd you--"

"Guys." Spencer cuts them off. The last thing he wanted to do was start a fight.

"Look, the fact of the matter is you're young." Emily says. "There's still time."

"By the time Nicola Tesla was 30, he'd already invented the induction motor." Spencer says.

"You know what? You might be right." Emily says. "You don't hear that much about child prodigies once they grow up. In fact, most of them turn out average."

"That's not true. Are you trying reverse psychology with me?" Spencer asks, smiling.

"I'm just telling it like it is." Emily says. She grabs the paper.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Well, you just told me yourself you're washed up. I should take a look at this." Emily says, starting to work on the paper.

"That's not what I'm saying." He says. "It's-- seriously, what are you doing?"

"I'm just looking to see what you missed." Emily says.

"Don't do-- you're gonna actually mess it up. Emily-- give it back." He grabs the paper and looks at what she did.

Spencer stares at the paper

"Wait a minute. That's it. The real code is in the words." He says. He takes the pen back from Emily. ""China Weekly Post," page F-4." Emily takes her phone out.

They soon leave, Emily walking ahead of the two.

"I, uh... I didn't tell you about it because I didn't want to upset you." Spencer tells Bedelia. "You were more excited than me and it wasn't even your birthday. You just... you were happy to be giving me gifts and-- and spoiling me with food, I... I didn't want to make you sad."

"You could've told me. I would've ripped their ears off." Bedelia says.

"I didn't want anybody fighting." Spencer says. "It's over now, so... so can we forget it? Please? Just... consider it my birthday wish."

"You're really not upset?" Bedelia asks.

"Of course I was upset, but... but I get it. We've had a hard year."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Please." Spencer begs her.

Bedelia sighs, looking up at him.

"Fine." She agrees.

"Thank you." He tells her and she nods.

+++

"The spam had to be converted from matrix code to binary code, then switched to base 8 before being translated back into letters." Spencer says. "I can go into more detail if you want."

"Uh, no." Hotch answers. "How smart would a person have to be to write code like that?"

"Beyond smart. Profoundly gifted. An I.Q. of at least 160." Spencer says as they walk into the building.

"That changes the profile, then." Emily says.

"The unsub could still hold a menial or low level job. Many believe that beyond an I.Q. of 120, success is determined by other factors." Spencer says. "This is a bilingual paper. The English version should be somewhere."

Hotch steps outside and calls Penelope.

"All right. All right, this is it." Spencer has a paper and they step outside with Hotch as he hangs up.

""You could do so much better."" Hotch reads.

"I'll talk to the manager, see if they know who placed the ad." Emily says, going back inside.

"Who's this message for? The writer's a genius, but the recipient would have to be, too, in order to decode it." Spencer says.

Hotch's phone rings.

"Yeah, Dave." He answers. "All right." He hangs up. "A cabdriver's just been murdered." He tells them.

+++

"The cabdriver's last fare was in the Marina District, the 500 block of Chestnut." Rossi says. "Lots of bars, restaurants, shops there."

"Garcia says nobody's been reported missing in the area." Derek says.

"Passengers from the Marina, they'd be young, educated, well to do." Hotch says.

"What's he doing?" Derek asks, watching Spencer take stuff off the board.

"We've been thinking about this case too literally. Based on the complexity of the code, it's obvious this unsub is operating on several different levels, so we need to start thinking in multiple dimensions." Spencer says.

+++

"Hey, we went through all the surveillance footage near the newspaper. There's nothing." Emily says.

"Spence, you okay?" JJ asks.

"Nothing is accidental." He says, going through the stuff that was on the board. "Nothing this unsub does is accidental." He puts some things back on the board. "The message in the "China Weekly Post" was on page F-4. Why F-4?"

"That's where the classifieds were." Derek reasons.

"It's more than that." Spencer says.

~ ~ ~

"Can you rotate that?" Spencer asks. The guy in control of the computer does so, rotating the map. "See, F-4 is a chess square."

"He murdered people according to a chess game?" JJ asks.

"Specifically game 6 of Fischer versus Spassky in 1972, one of the greatest chess matches ever played." Spencer says. "The murder locations correspond with the final 3 moves of the game."

"Garcia's lair of knowledge and wisdom." She answers Hotch's phone call.

"Garcia, you have the list of Zodiac case experts?" Hotch asks.

"Yes. Standing by for you. I have everyone who's ever written or blogged about it." Penelope says. "FYI, there are way too many people obsessed with this sicko."

"All right, cross reference that with professional chess players." Hotch says.

"Oh, that totally helps. Yeah. Okay. List if getting smaller and smaller... down to nothing."

"All right, open it up to high level amateurs as well." He says.

"Okay." She says.

~ ~ ~

"Go ahead, Garcia." Hotch tells her.

"Get ready to love me more. I did a search of chess players rated 2,200 or higher, which would make them masters but not necessarily professionals. I cross referenced that search with Zodiac experts and came up with two former chess prodigies and best friends who used to write about The Zodiac in their junior high school newspaper. And I get bonus points because they both have I.Q.s over 160."

"Where are they?" Hotch asks.

"In San Francisco." She answers. "Caleb Rossmore is a city parks employee. Harvey Morell is an engineer at a Chinese computer firm. He's about to get married, and, yes, I just emailed you all this information right now."

JJ looks at her tablet.

"The fiancé, Marisa Devon, looks like the two female victims." She says. "They were surrogates for her."

"Caleb could be jealous of his friend." Derek says.

"Or what if he's afraid of losing Harvey?" Emily asks.

"If he was a child prodigy, he may no longer feel special as an adult. He could be trying to hold on to him." Spencer says.

"Harvey's engagement could've been a trigger." Rossi says.

"Reid, I know Spassky conceded the match, but what would the next move have been?" Hotch asks.

"Spassky would have been checkmated or he would have lost his queen." Spencer says.

+++

"Spassky's queen was in E-8, so that would land us in Richmond." Spencer says. "Garcia, is there a connection between that location and the two men?"

"Checking now. Uh... bingo. Harvey's dad worked there as a chemistry teacher in the '60s. And... oh, uh, Caleb lived there in 2008, he worked at the Powerlinks gym on Second and Hill and the Dragon Temple Restaurant at 636 Mason."

"All right. JJ, you go to the gym. We'll check out the restaurant." Hotch says.

"Copy that." She says.

"Zablonsky's wife recognized the photos of Caleb and Harvey. They interviewed the detective for an article they were writing about The Zodiac when they were kids." Rossi says.

"They wrote a crime beat column in the newspaper." Penelope says.

"One of them stole the photo left at the first crime scene." JJ says.

"It had to be Caleb. The message, "You could do so much better" in the Chinese paper was meant for Harvey." Spencer says.

"That means the original spam message was for him, too." Emily says.

"But how did Caleb know that Harvey wouldn't turn him in?" Derek asks.

"Caleb has something on him or he's holding the fiancé hostage." Spencer says.

"Or both." Bedelia says.

"Shut the front door." Penelope says. "They were interviewed by police in 2000 about a crime in their hometown."

~ ~ ~

They pull up outside the restaurant and get out.

"That's Caleb's car." Derek notes. They go inside and look around. Bedelia hears talking from somewhere, but can't make out the words. "They're in the back."

"If it's a hostage situation, Caleb's not gonna be easily talked down." Hotch says.

~ ~ ~

"Do you want to kill her or should I?" Bedelia hears Caleb ask as they get to the back. They stay quiet as they get closer. "You know that's how the game has to end."

"This isn't a game." Harvey says.

"If we get rid of her now, we'll be long gone before she's found. And the police won't catch us because the murders were perfect." Caleb says. "Just like Robbie Shaw."

"Not really." Spencer says, walking out, aiming his gun at them. The other three stay hidden. "If they were perfect, I probably wouldn't be here right now."

"I had nothing to do with this." Harvey says.

"You really went out of your way to impress Harvey, Caleb." Spencer says. "The murders, the chess game, all designed to entice him."

"Yes. He is pathological." Harvey says, pointing at Caleb.

"I don't know if Harvey's the best friend in the world to be selling you out like that." Spencer says. "I mean, you killed Robbie Shaw together, you probably thought that you guys had an unbreakable bond."

"He murdered Robbie by himself." Harvey says.

"When we took him into the woods and strangled him... I've never seen you so exhilarated." Caleb says. "The look on your face, you can't deny that, Harvey."

"But afterwards, something changed." Spencer says. "You two grew apart."

"I wasn't there." Harvey says.

"You pulled away from me." Caleb says. "Do you know how much that hurt? I would have done anything for you, Harvey. I looked up to you."

"You know what I think, Harvey?" Spencer asks. "I think killing Robbie Shaw was your idea."

"No." He shakes his head.

"You chose him because his brother used to pick on you in school." Caleb says.

"You're successful, you're charismatic, you're dominant, which means that you most likely made the plans and Caleb followed them." Spencer says. "Let me ask you this -- where did you hide the body?"

"Listen to me--" Harvey starts.

"If I was gonna kill somebody and hide a body, I think I would probably use sulfuric acid." Spencer says. "Especially if my father was a chemistry teacher. Right, Caleb?"

"Caleb... don't listen to him. He's trying to trick us." Harvey says.

"Do you trust him, Caleb?" Spencer asks.

"Caleb! Hey, Caleb!" Harvey calls. "Whatever happens, we'll protect each other."

"Oh. I'm sure that he'll protect you if he's around. I mean, he is moving to Shanghai in a couple of months. He put the transfer in about a year ago." Spencer says. "Did you-- did your good friend Harvey not tell you about that? Well, I'm sure that he'll send you a postcard."

"I was going to tell you." Harvey says.

"Robbie's bones are buried in his backyard." Caleb says after a few moments. He drops his gun on the floor.

Hotch, Bedelia, and Derek walk out. Derek grabs the back of Caleb's jacket.

"Let's go." He tells him, dragging him off. Spencer goes over to Marisa and leads her out while Hotch drags Harvey out.

+++

They're in the round table room and waiting for Emily to come in with Spencer. The door opens and Emily steps in, Spencer following. He immediately smiles he spots all of them, the cake, and the presents.

"Happy birthday!"

"Surprise!"

Everybody claps.

"Happy birthday!" JJ sings, hugging Spencer.

"Do you feel like 30?" Hotch asks, shaking Spencer's hand.

Rossi grabs both sides of Spencer's head and kisses both of his cheeks. Penelope hugs Spencer.

Bedelia hugs him, rubbing his back for a minute, before pulling away.

"Happy, birthday, old man." Derek hugs Spencer. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks." Spencer says.

"Almost 40 now." Derek teases.

"I'm getting close." Spencer says.

Penelope holds up the cake that has '30' candles on it and Spencer smiles. He blows out the candles, everybody cheering.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

243K 5.4K 50
Adopted daughter of Aaron Hotchner joins the BAU. Harper Vincent, naturally reserved with her head always in her sketchbook. Spencer Reid, naturally...
197K 2.5K 13
(THESE ONESHOTS ARE STILL BY ME, MY ACCOUNT NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED SINCE I MADE THE COVER) So umm if you don't love criminal minds then you're just wr...
393K 10.1K 89
[ criminal minds -- seasons 1-5 ] Madelyn Banks Series: How to Save a Life Surrender I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's characters or sto...
12.2K 441 39
[ criminal minds -- seasons 10-15 ] Bedelia Reid (nee Davis) Series: Timeless The Great War I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's characters...