timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

Av maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... Mer

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
011. mayhem
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
033. hopeless
034. cradle to grave
035. the performer
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
075. true genius
076. snake eyes
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
092. perennials
093. zugzwang
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

073. hope

396 9 1
Av maybankwalker

They walk into the round table room where Penelope and Hotch are.

"7 years ago yesterday at Manassas, Virginia, 8 year old Hope Kingston was abducted from her front yard while playing with a friend." Hotch says. "She's been presumed dead."

"A few hours ago, her mother, Monica, disappeared from a parking lot after attending Garcia's victims support group." Derek says.

"It's not uncommon for unsubs to reach out and contact relatives of victims. Jordan van der Sloot extorted $25,000 from Natalee Holloway's mother in exchange for information." Spencer says.

"Do we think both abductions were related?" Rossi asks.

"I found a letter signed by Hope inside Monica's car." Derek says.

"The anniversary could have been the trigger. We can't rule out the possibility that Monica committed suicide." Rossi says.

"No. No, Monica would-- would never hurt herself." Penelope argues. "She-- she still thought Hope was alive."

"Is the father in the picture?" JJ asks.

"No, he died in a car accident right before Hope was born." Penelope says.

"There's no postmark, which means this letter was obviously hand delivered." Spencer says.

"Reid, do a full linguistic analysis. We need to determine authenticity." Hotch says.

"There's a butterfly drawn next to Hope's name. That has to mean something." Spencer says.

"There was no sign of struggle at the scene. What if she went willingly?" Emily asks. "He could have approached her and had Hope with him."

"That would certainly get her attention." Rossi says.

"Still, it's pretty high risk to abduct in such a high traffic area. The parking lot was right next to a strip mall." Spencer says.

"Any witnesses?" Bedelia asks.

"I was the last person that saw her." Penelope says.

"Unless we have reason to believe otherwise, we should assume that the same unsub is responsible for both abductions. Let's get started." Hotch says.

+++

"So this letter Monica allegedly received from her daughter contains no indication of female authorship. It lacks expression of emotional attachment." Spencer says.

"The unsub wrote it?" Hotch asks.

"I believe so. The language used is inconsistent with that of a 15 year old held in captivity for 7 years." Spencer says.

"Uh, I just got a hit on someone who matches Monica's description at a gas station 17 miles outside of Manassas." Penelope says. Bedelia, Hotch, and Spencer walk over.

"Hope's not with him." Hotch says.

"It looks like they're having a conversation." Bedelia says.

"She's cooperating. Garcia, can you get any closer?" Hotch asks.

"No. No, I can't get a good look at him." Penelope says.

"Look at his body language. He's shielding himself from the cameras." Spencer says.

"He knows where they are. He's protecting his identity." Hotch says.

"Why isn't Monica asking for help?" Penelope asks.

"She doesn't want to draw attention to herself." Hotch says.

"She leaves, but the unsub stays?" Bedelia questions, watching Monica walk out of the gas station.

"I don't understand." Penelope says.

"He's got complete control. He's not worried about her contacting the authorities." Hotch says while Spencer walks back over to the board. "Garcia, run the pump receipts against the timeline. Maybe he used a credit card."

"Pumps one... through nine. Nothing. Who goes to a gas station and doesn't buy anything?" Penelope asks.

"There are plenty of service stations between the community center and here, but he drove her clear across town. This place must mean something to the both of them." Spencer says.

"This could be where it all started." Hotch says.

+++

"Anything?" Rossi asks.

"She was there, but we just missed her." Derek says. "The owner of Monica's old house reported seeing her parked outside just 2 hours ago."

"Was the unsub with her?" Rossi asks.

"Yeah, but he didn't get much of a description on the unsub or the truck." JJ says. "He did say Monica had been by a lot recently."

"Apparently somebody dropped a letter for her a week ago. The owner called her to come pick it up, and ever since then she's been parked outside the house." Derek says.

"What's this guy doing with her?" Rossi asks.

"If he's had Hope captive for 7 years, she's completely compliant by now. He might have abducted Monica as a reward for good behavior." Spencer says.

"Or he could be getting off on the fact that he successfully abducted a mother and a daughter." Rossi says.

"Monica's statement the day of Hope's abduction confirmed that she made a purchase at the same gas station hours before Hope went missing." JJ says.

"It's not a coincidence that he brought Monica from that particular gas station to her old house." Rossi says.

"He's taking her through all the steps of Hope's abduction." Hotch says.

"Having both of them could have been his plan all along." Rossi says.

"So are we saying he's sexually diverse, attracted to children and adults?" JJ asks.

"The unsub stalked Monica, so he knew about the spare key under the mat. He had complete access. So why wait 7 years to circle back if that's the case?" Rossi asks.

"The butterfly could symbolically represent not just transformation but maturation of his erotic ideal." Spencer says.

"Well, he started with easy targets. Children are much easier to abduct, manipulate, and control." Rossi says.

"Or he could be a preferential offender and a situational child molester meaning adult women have always been his preference, but given the right circumstances he'd offend against a child." Spencer says.

"Monica's not a preference." Hotch says. "She's a specific target."

"He didn't go after just any woman, he went after Hope's mother." Rossi says.

"Which means that Hope is probably dead and he's taken Monica because she reminds him of Hope." Hotch says.

"This is everything that Manassas P.D> had on Hope's investigation." Penelope says, walking over with a box and two agents follow her, each holding a box.

"All right, let's get to work." Hotch says.

+++

"So, what's the word, genius?" Derek asks.

"I may have been able to narrow down the unsub's comfort zone." Spencer says. "The gas station was the third point I needed to complete the geographical profile. Factoring in Monica's abduction site and her apartment, I would assume the unsub lives somewhere within this area."

"That would make it easier for him to learn her routines." Derek says. "That zone can't be more than 20 miles."

"All right, so all the local employees that were on duty last night checked out. Nobody saw a thing." JJ says.

"You know, it looks like there are 5 different reported incidents that we might be able to attribute to this unsub." Rossi says.

"When was the first case reported?" Bedelia asks.

"Six months before Hope's abduction. A 12 year old girl in the area reported a man taking pictures of her on her way home from school, and 3 weeks after that, she thought he was peeping into her window. And then her house was burglarized, and the only thing that was missing were her clothes."

"Well, if that's him, then there was a clear escalation in his M.O." JJ says.

"He was building his confidence to abduct Hope and then 7 years later, Monica." Rossi says.

"Hey, uh, these were found on Heather Wilson's bike 2 weeks after Hope disappeared." Emily says.

"That's the girl that Hope was playing with when she was abducted." Penelope says.

"The butterfly again." Rossi says.

""Without you, she wouldn't have been set free. This is a token of my appreciation"?" JJ reads the note.

"He sent a thank you card to the girl he didn't abduct?" Penelope asks.

+++

"So William Rogers joined the support group 2 months ago." JJ says. "Garcia's still looking for an address."

"Any priors?" Rossi asks.

"Yeah. An attempted kidnapping of a 14 year old. He lured her to a studio with promises of becoming a model. When she got there, he made sexual advances. She got away." JJ says.

"You know, rethinking the type of offender he was 7 years ago, it's possible the unsub didn't sexually assault Hope initially but waited until she was older." Spencer says.

"That would explain why he kept her for so long." Bedelia says. "In his fantasy, he might envision Hope at a more desirable age."

"What story did he use to get into the support group?" Rossi asks.

"Well, he told them his pregnant wife committed suicide. Apparently, they were trying to conceive for over a year." JJ says.

"Hope couldn't bear the thought so she took what little control she did have and ended her life." Rossi says.

"And that was never part of his plan." Emily says. "It turned his world upside down."

"He's not ready to let go of the bond he had with Hope." Rossi says.

"And now he's trying to get back what was taken from him." Spencer says.

"Wouldn't it just be easier for him to start over again?" Emily asks.

"Unless Monica could give him what he lost. Another Hope." Rossi says. "He didn't take Monica to remind him of Hope, he took her to recreate her."

+++

They pull up outside the house and get out.

"They're in." Spencer says.

"Officer, we need bolt cutters." JJ says.

"They cleared the other location." Spencer says.

"Reid, Davis, and I are gonna take two officers, check the perimeter, see if we can find the point of entry." Derek says. "You're with Dr. Reid and Agent Davis, you're with me." He tells the officers.

"Building rapport could take hours. I don't know if Monica has that much time." Spencer says.

They go around the house to the back and get in through the basement. Derek, Spencer, and Bedelia quietly go upstairs.

"You need to let her know why this is all happening. You need to tell her. You can do this." They hear Penelope say while they quietly make their way through the house.

"Say something." Monica orders.

"Our baby..." Bill says.

"Oh, my God." Monica sobs. "Oh, my God. My baby."

"Hope was pregnant." Bill says.

"Bill, drop the gun." Derek orders, coming into view.

"Do what he says." Penelope tells him.

"Drop it -- now." Derek demands.

"It's okay, Bill." Penelope says.

"Nice and easy." Spencer says as he and Bedelia walk in. JJ comes in through the front door. Bill puts the gun on the floor.

"Now put your hands where I can see them." Derek orders. Bill holds his hands up.

"Slowly step away from Monica." Spencer tells him. Bill slowly stands up, taking a step away.

"Easy." Derek warns.

Monica grabs the gun.

"Monica!" Penelope shouts as a gunshot goes off, Monica shooting Bill and killing him.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

105K 3.2K 82
[ criminal minds -- seasons 11-15 ] Madelyn Banks Series: How to Save a Life Surrender Start a Riot I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's ch...
243K 5.4K 50
Adopted daughter of Aaron Hotchner joins the BAU. Harper Vincent, naturally reserved with her head always in her sketchbook. Spencer Reid, naturally...
16.8K 245 22
When JJ is kidnapped and Emily comes back to help, and unbreakable bond forms. Will they get their happily ever after or will they fall apart? TW: ra...
9.4K 69 23
-Sometimes the odds just aren't in your favour- *I don't own any of the criminal minds character* *will and JJ aren't together and henry is nonexiste...