A missing piece... The other...

By 3HaNaNa3

Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, sh... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - Fumiko Tanaka...
Chapter 2 - Make a choice...
Chapter 3 - I am your father...
Chapter 4 - Strangers...
Chapter 5 - Give me a chance...
Chapter 6 - She was murdered...
Chapter 7 - Time to say Goodbye...
Chapter 8 - Make your choice...
Chapter 9 - One day after another...
Chapter 10 - New School...
Chapter 11 - New friend...
Chapter 12 - Where is Suki???
Chapter 13 - Onii-san...
Chapter 14 - School bully...
Chapter 15 - Otô-san...
Chapter 16 - Normal days...
Chapter 18 - Paparazzi...
Chapter 19 - Takeshiro Tanaka...
Chapter 20 - Happy birthday Mom...
Chapter 21 - Unexpected visit...
Chapter 22 - Gianni's training...
Chapter 23 - Weird...
Chapter 24 - Fight at school...
Chapter 25 - Valentina...
Chapter 26 - Uncle's attack...
Chapter 27 - Feelings...
Chapter 28 - Long night...
Chapter 29 - Mr Rossi...
Chapter 30 - The package...
Chapter 31 - Back to school...
Chapter 32 - School Festival?

Chapter 17 - A day with you...

2.3K 113 16
By 3HaNaNa3

The next day, Suki was surprised to find her father at the dining table for breakfast. It was only 9.00am and she didn't expect to see anyone after they came back home in the middle of the night.

Salvatore: Good morning, Suki, you wake up early even on Sunday.

Suki: Good morning, Otô-san... it's not too early... but Otô-san didn't sleep a lot... are you not tired?

Salvatore: Men of my age don't need a lot of sleep... but I'm not like your brothers that went for a jogging one hour ago... they should come back soon... those guys are crazy...

Gianni: Who is crazy?

Gianni, Dante and Gabriel just entered the dining room. They were back and all sweaty. Gabriel still had his t-shirt on himself but not the two others.

Salvatore: The three of you... Going to run after sleeping few hours.

Gianni: It's the best medicine to eliminate alcohol...

Gabriel: Good morning, Suki... did you sleep well? (She nodded.) Good.

They installed themselves at the table and Aldo brought coffees. Once again, Suki's attention was attracted by her brothers' tattoos. Salvatore noticed it and the three brothers too.

Salvatore: My daughter seems very intrigued by her brothers' tattoos. (Suki blushed and the four men chuckled.)

Dante: That kid likes to stare at our "nice drawings"...

Gianni: Tattoos are not for little girl!

Suki: Ah... yes...

Salvatore: Gianni, Suki is not going to be tattooed at her age but if she wants to have tattoos when she will become an adult, she has the right to do it, girl or boy, it doesn't matter.

Gianni: (He smirked and stared at her.) And how that scared little kitten will be able to do something soooo painful??

Suki: I won't be tattooed! (She shook her head.)

Gianni: That's what I thought! (He took a bite of his toast.)

Gabriel: Gianni, stop teasing her...

Salvatore: I assure you, it's not that painful...

Suki stared at her father with interest after his last words.

Suki: You have tattoos too?

Salvatore: Yes, I have some and I should even get a new one now.

Suki didn't understand why her father should have one more, but the boys knew. Salvatore had on his upper back the date of birth of all his sons. Now that he had found that he also had a daughter, he wanted to add her date of birth too.

Dante: Aren't you too old for this?

Salvatore: No, I'm not... I am still able to kick your a... to give you a correction, so a little tattoo is nothing for me!

Dante: About that too, I'm not quite so sure...

Salvatore: Really? Should I show you after breakfast?

Dante: Don't hold me accountable if you hurt yourself!

Suki: You two... you are not going to fight... (She asked with pleading eyes to her father.)

Salvatore: Suki, we are just joking, you don't have to worry.

Gianni: You see... a scared little kitten...

Gabriel: Suki, Dante and Father were only thinking about a training, just like when we were younger. They will not fight against each other.

Dante: That kid is really too naïve... she should be the one to receive a training... (He looked at her for few seconds.)... She needs to eat more, to gain some muscles and centimeters too! How could you have produced such a tiny thing? She looks nothing like us!

Salvatore: Suki is a girl, it's normal that she is smaller than you at the same age. 

Suki was embarrassed to be scrutinize like that by Dante. His judgement was not something nice to hear. She felt to be useless.

Gianni: She is smaller than the girls of same age...

Salvatore: Fumiko had a small stature too... Suki is more like her mother, that's all. (She was still looking down.) My daughter is perfect as she is... and at least, she is cute and smart, not like all of you!

Dante: (He scoffed.) That kid... she's got you in the palm of her hand...

Salvatore: Are you jealous? Does my 27 years old son want to be treated like a 11 years old little girl?

Dante: Oh yes Daddy please... I want a new Barbie doll!

Gianni: I can't believe that you are older than me... Stupido!

Suki couldn't help but looked at Dante when he talked with a little voice, clearly making fun of his father who didn't seem to be mad at his son's behavior, more amused. Suki and Dante's gaze crossed but his eyes were not showing anger or contempt. He was having fun.

Gabriel was silently observing his little sister and he had a smiling gaze on her. She was indeed a bit too much naïve and also very small and fragile. But he would change her for nothing in the world and would do anything to protect that innocence.

Gabriel: Suki, what do you think of letting those kids playing with each others and going out with me? (She shyly nodded.) Great. Let me take a quick shower and we will leave just after. 

Gabriel left the dining room to prepare himself. Suki quickly finished her breakfast, and she didn't notice that Salvatore and her two brothers were staring at her.

Salvatore: You seem happy to go out with Gabriel.

Suki: Yes... in fact... I wanted to ask you to take me to the market if you have time, but maybe Onii-san can do it.

Salvatore: You should have told me. What do you need?

Gianni: Who the fu** is that Onii-san?! (Suki startled.)

Salvatore: Gianni, language! Onii-san means big brother, right? (She nodded.) It's Japanese and the polite way to address an older brother, am I right Suki?

Suki: Yes... Otô-san...

Dante: You see... you are even learning Japanese for her... she can make you do anything...

Salvatore: I'm learning some words, just like Suki is learning Italian.

Suki: Excuse me... I'm going to get ready... bye... (She stood up and left.)

Salvatore: She is cute...

Dante and Gianni shook their head at their father's attitude. The head of the family left too a minute later.

Gianni: The old man is completely changed because of that kid.

Dante: He became softer... it's not good, that girl is a weakness for him... he shouldn't have taken her in.

Gianni: You still want to make her leave our house?

Dante: Like it was possible now... 

The two brothers knew that it was not possible for multiple reasons, and one of them was that they were starting to consider the little girl as their little sister, even if they were not ready to admit that truth.

20 minutes later, Gabriel and Suki were ready to leave. The eldest son had asked for the driver to have a car ready. The bodyguard opened the backdoor and they got in. Suki noticed that another black car with two men wearing black suits was ready to follow them.

Gabriel: Something is wrong?

Suki: Those men in the other car are going with us too?

Gabriel: They are only following us for our security, don't mind them.

Suki: Is it because of your work? There is always a lot of men guarding the house...

Gabriel: Yes, it's nothing unusual for businessmen to have bodyguards. We are rich and they are only there to keep people with bad intentions at distance. You are not afraid of them, right? They will never harm you in any way.

Suki: Hum... Father, you and Dante, you all work together?

Gabriel: Yes, it is a family business... but it's not really interesting for a little girl like you... (He smiled and she shyly smiled back.) So, is there something that you want to do today? Or somewhere to go?

Suki: In fact,... I want to buy food to prepare something for my mother's birthday... (She finished with a little voice.)

Gabriel: Sure, it is a very nice attention. Alaric, let's go the Asian Market! (The driver nodded.) You will find everything you need there.

When the driver parked near the market that looked very traditional, everyone stared at the group. They were not the type of persons that usually came to that place. They were wearing suits, were tall and frankly not with a friendly aura around them. Suki, even if she was Asian, attracted the people's attention with her specific eyes' color. Gabriel took her hand, and she looked up at him surprised.

Gabriel: There is a lot of people. (She smiled.)

Suki: (They stopped at a stall.) Hello Madam, can I have this please. (She pointed at some vegetables.)

Old woman: Sure... such a cute little girl... (She put everything in a bag.)... do you want something else?

Suki: No, thank you Madam. How much is it?

Old woman: 20$.

Suki wanted to let go of Gabriel's hand to take her money form her bag, but he didn't let her do. He nodded and the bodyguard that was accompanying them took out some cash and paid the old lady.

Suki: Onii-san, I have money...

Gabriel: So do I!

Old woman: Miss, that handsome man is your brother? (She nodded.) Ohh... you have to let your brother spoils you... you're so cute! (Suki blushed, embarrassed.)

Gabriel: You heard the lady? (Hesmiled to the old woman.)

Suki thanked the old lady, and the bodyguard took the bag of food.

They continued to explore the alleys of the market and Suki bought all the things that she needed. At every stall that they visited; people were intrigued by the duo. The old ladies found Suki cute. One of them even gave her mochis as a gift.

Gabriel was admirative when Suki talked in Japanese with some of them. She was still timid but more at ease with those old women than with everyone she had interacted with since he knew her.

Before leaving the market, the siblings stopped at a bubble tea stall and after ordering two drinks, they sat a moment.

Gabriel: That thing is... different... (He tasted his drink and was looking at the little bubbles inside.)... Not bad but different...

Suki: We liked to drink bubble teas... with Mom...

Gabriel: We can come back anytime you want... in fact, it's the first time that we do something like this and, personally, I really appreciate that time with you.

Suki: Me too!

Gabriel chuckled at Suki's eagerness to say that she liked it too.

Gabriel: You're cute... (She blushed and took a sip or her drink.) You...

Bodyguard: Excuse me Sir... (He interrupted them and murmured to Gabriel.) Our men spotted someone taking photos...

Gabriel: Do the necessary... Discreetly. (His tone was cold, and his eyes became a bit darker.)

Bodyguard: Yes Sir. (He left.)

Suki: Onii-san... (She was wondering what was going on.)

Gabriel: It's nothing. Do you need something else around here?

Suki: No, we can leave if you need to work...

Gabriel: We can maybe go somewhere else. What do you think about the mall to find a nice gift for you? (His tone softened.)

Suki: A gift? I don't need anything...

Gabriel: Didn't you remember that old lady's words? An older brother should be able to spoil his little sister... and nothing that you bought in that market is for you. (He saw her hesitated.) Let's go!

Suki: Really??

Gabriel smiled with a small nod, and he stood up. She stood up too and he put his hand on Suki's back to guide her to the car.

The young man was in alert, not knowing if the guy spotted taking photos was a paparazzi looking for a scoop about the Smith family or someone working for another mafia clan, investigating his. 

Suki: Your bodyguard left? (She looked around and didn't see him.)

Gabriel: I sent him to do an errand for me, he will join us at the car.

Suki: Ah... okay...

Gabriel: There is more people now, be careful.

Gabriel and Suki walked between people pretty easily thanks to the imposing stature of the young man.

But after few meters, a crowd movement happened. 3 men wearing black suits were running after one also wearing full black clothes.

Gabriel was quick to react. He grabbed the little girl by her waist and entered one of the small side alleys of the market. He protected her in his embrace. Suki didn't understand what was happening. She didn't see anything because of her height, but Gabriel did, and his facial expression was reflecting his state of mind. He was angry. He asked his men to deal with that guy discreetly, but they provoked that crowd movement by chasing after him in the alleys of the market.   

Suki: Onii-san...what... what's going on?

Gabriel: It's nothing serious, probably a thief and people are trying to catch him, let's wait here a minute.

Quickly, the crowd calmed and comments about those "gangsters" were heard from the vendors. The bodyguard came back with a closed face. The man with the camera left before they could catch him. He shook his head and the dark glare that his boss gave him was clear; Gabriel will not let that mistake pass without consequence.

Gabriel: Suki, let's go. (They left the market, and he opened the door of the car.) Get inside, I need to exchange few words with him. (She smiled and entered the car.) What the fu** did you do?

Bodyguard: (He was looking down.) Sorry Sir, the man saw us coming and started the run...

Gabriel: You caught him? (His tone was glacial.)

Bodyguard: No, Sir... he ran away...

Gabriel: (He passed his hand in his hair, annoyed.) You're kidding me... ask our men to investigate to know who he is and find him! 

The bodyguard nodded and left to join his colleagues. Gabriel didn't need someone not able to do his work correctly around him.

Gabriel: Alaric, we are going to Winchester Mall please.

Alaric: Yes, Sir. (He started the car.)

Suki: The bodyguard is not coming with us?

Gabriel: No, he had something important to do.

Suki: More important than protecting you?

Gabriel: Yes... (He looked at her few seconds.)... definitively...

After 15 minutes, Gabriel received a call, so Suki tried to give him some privacy by looking outside. The young man talked in Italian to not alert his little sister and he tried his best to stay calm.

The bodyguard was updating his boss, and the news were not good. They couldn't find the man who took photos. Gabriel ended the call quickly, then they soon arrived at the mall.

This time, Alaric didn't stay in the car, but he followed Gabriel and Suki to assure their safety. He was not a simple driver but also an excellent bodyguard.

Their first stop was at a fancy Italian restaurant where they received a VIP welcome. And for good reason, the Smith were the owner of the place. The manager took them to the best table.

Gabriel: What would you like to eat? Our Chef is really good.

Suki: Your Chef?

Gabriel: This restaurant belongs to our family. If you want something specific, he will prepare it for you.

Suki: What are you going to take?

Gabriel smiled and made a hand sign. Immediately, a waitress came to take his order.

Waitress: Yes, Mr Smith, what can we serve you today?

Gabriel: This, this, this... and this too. Bring a sweet drink for her and sparkling water. 

The waitress noted everything and quickly left to gave the order. Suki noticed that her brother was giving orders and hadn't thanked the waitress. She also noticed that the manager was in a waiting posture few meters away, staring at them every 20 seconds. Gabriel was definitively not an ordinary man and people seemed to respect him as much as fear him. 

The food was served pretty quickly. Gabriel had ordered pizzas, pastas and salads; two different types of each.

Suki: Onii-san... they must have made a mistake, there is too much food just for the two of us...

Gabriel: There is no mistakes. You didn't know what to choose, but you can have everything that you want. Even if it is just to taste it. (He served her a piece of pizza.) Those dishes are my favorites.

Suki: Thank you... 

The siblings had a nice meal and even if they didn't eat everything, it was delicious. The little girl had eaten much more than usual, and she didn't have space to have dessert. Suki proposed to take the rest of the food as take-out, but Gabriel chuckled. 

They left the restaurant and roamed around the mall. Suki looked everywhere with shining eyes. It was a luxurious mall and nice just to see. She didn't want to buy anything, but it was not Gabriel's case. So, he dragged her in a clothes shop to the teenagers' corner.

And it was not any shop but one of the numerous ones that his family owned, once again. So, as soon as Gabriel entered, a female vendor came to greet him.

Suki stared at the woman who was showing her biggest smile to Gabriel and looking at her brother with a lot of interest.

Vendor: Mr Smith, can I help you to make your shopping?

Gabriel: Show me your best outfits for teenage girl.

Vendor: Sure, please follow me. (They went to the young corner.) Those clothes are trendy amongst young girls nowadays. With some nice accessories, everyone will have their eyes on her.

Gabriel: (His expression darkened.) Do you think that this... is the type of clothes I want to buy for my baby sister? Are you that bad at your work?! 

The woman didn't lose her smile even if Gabriel was badly glaring at her. Suki was near her brother, and she was surprised by his change of attitude. He was so different with her and other people.

Vendor: I am sorry if those clothes are not of your taste. (She stared at Suki few seconds then smiled.) Miss Smith, you can maybe help me to find clothes suitable for you?

Suki: Ah... I prefer something simple...

Vendor: Sure, ... what about this? (She showed her a black dress with colorful strass on the front.) Do you like it? (Suki shyly smiled.)

Gabriel: Suki, if you don't like it, just say it. Don't say yes just to please her.

Suki: I can maybe look around by myself to find something?

Gabriel: Yes, of course, and take whatever you like. (He smiled.)

The little girl sincerely smiled at her older brother. She lightly nodded to the woman and started to look at the different clothes. She had in mind to only pick one outfit, and only, to fulfill Gabriel's request to buy something. 

Vendor: Your little sister is very cute.

Gabriel: And even seeing that by yourself, you chose to propose outfits that bit** wear to go clubbing? (His tone and gaze were cold.)

The shop manager had arrived, and he was standing behind Gabriel and the female vendor. She quickly understood that the shop owner was not satisfied by that employee. She intervened.

Manager: Mr Smith...

Gabriel: Miss Parker... you should pay more attention to your employees' training.

Vendor: I am sorry, but you asked me nice clothes for teenage girls, and I proposed you our best sales.

Gabriel: (He made a step ahead.) And with one look at your client, you should have guessed what type of clothes she wanted! (He looked at the manager.) Miss Parker, you know that our brand doesn't need unqualified employees, right?

Manager: Yes, Sir. You can consider that employee fired.

Vendor: What? You can't do that! (She grabbed Gabriel's forearm.) Please Mr Smith... I can do whatever it takes to keep my job!

Gabriel: Pff... you are worst than I thought...

Gabriel made that woman let go of his forearm. He despised that kind of women the most. Clingy, thinking that they could have any man only thanks to their appearance. He had his eyes locked on his little sister and ignored the woman pleading him.

The manager dragged her to the back of the shop, and she sent a male vendor to accompany Gabriel in his shopping.

Gabriel: Suki... are you finding something interesting?

Suki: Hum... this... what do you think? (She showed an oversize sweatshirt that she found on the boys' section.)

Gabriel: (He smiled.) Isn't it for boys?

Suki: Yes... It is good to wear with a legging or a pair of jeans. You don't like it?

Gabriel: No, I'm pretty sure that it's going to suit you very well. Is it okay if I choose some more clothes for you?

Suki: Only one!

Gabriel: Why only one?

Suki: (She asked him to bend down.)That shop is a bit expensive.

Gabriel: This shop belongs to our family too... so don't mind the prices. (She looked at him with pinky cheeks.) So, can I? (She nodded, not knowing how to answer.) Great.

Gabriel was quick to choose every clothes that he thought would be good on his little sister. Colorful and black simply designed outfits but also more cute dresses and even shoes.

The male vendor was following Gabriel with attention. He picked on every clothe that the young man was pointing. Suki tried to stop her brother, but he didn't listen. The vendor prepared the bags with all the clothes and Alaric held its.

It was already the middle of the afternoon and Gabriel noticed that Suki seemed tired.

Gabriel: Are you ready to go home?

Suki: Yes... and thank you... for today.

Gabriel: I hope that you had fun. (She nodded.) That's good. It's been a while since I had a quiet day like that. It's really appreciable.

Alaric drove them back home and, in the way, the little girl felt asleep against her brother's arm. Gabriel looked at her with tenderness. That was a new experience to go shopping like they did, and he enjoyed it. He never did things like that with his brothers after their mother death... well step-mother but he always considered her as his true mother. He barely crossed his birth mother's path once a year and it was more than enough for him.

When the car parked in front of the house, Gabriel woke up his little sister. At home, Salvatore, and his sons were in the living room, talking about something. Enzo was holding his tablet.

Gabriel: We are back. Something happened? You seem concerned.

Enzo: A gossip youtuber post a video online... about Suki.

Gabriel: (He grabbed the tablet from Enzo's hand.) It's that guy doing? Can you identify him? Can you delete that video?

Salvatore: We are trying to find him; he is the only able to delete it.

Suki didn't understand what was going on. Why would a man post a video about her? Why her father and brothers seemed so annoyed about that?

Dante: Enzo, take the kid to her room. (He nodded and left with Suki.) You saw the guy who filmed you?

Gabriel: Briefly, but our men couldn't catch him. Those useless jerks!

Gianni: That guy is tailing our family since days, and no one never noticed it! How could he have taken photos in front of the school or my club without anyone saw him.

The video posted showed photos of Suki with her eldest brothers when they picked up her from school or when she went with Gianni at his MMA club. There was also all her personnel information, regarding her age, her school grade, even her mother's story. The last seconds were showing a short video from today of Suki and Gabriel at the market. The eldest son was fuming, just like Salvatore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 7.1K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
6.3M 164K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

80.8K 2.9K 65
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...