Fire Emblem Oneshots

By LogicalLillian379

Requests: CLOSED! Hello, and welcome to my one-shot book! Have you ever wondered what would happen if you wer... More

Requests! [CLOSED]
Alfonse x Fem! Reader || If Wishing Was Enough
Jean x Childhood Friend! Reader || Choices
Lucina x Injured! Reader || Identity Revealed
Alcryst x Reader || Cuddles and Comfort
Fem! Byleth x Male! Reader || Destiny Is out of Reach
Sylvain x Reader || Sleepless Nights
Fem! Alear x Reader || Recollections
Linhardt x Reader || Love is Blindfolded
Veyle x Reader || You're Not Afraid?
Awakening! Tiki x Male! Reader || Happily Ever After
Diamant x Dancer! Reader || We Meet Again
Lapis x Reader || The Potato Goddess
Plumeria x Reader || Will You..?
Marth x Reader || A Fated Conversation
Seiðr x Summoner! Reader || Picnics and Promises
Alfonse x Reader || Path in Life
Lysithea x Reader || A Haunted House Date
Rosado x Reader || Reunited
Dimitri x Reader || Beloved from a Different World
Dorothea x Reader || Will You Fall for Me?
Linhardt x Reader || Homework and I Love You
Chrom x Fem! Reader || Who's the Mother?
Dimitri x Reader || You're the Only One for Me
Timerra x Reader || Far from Home
Xander x Reader || I'm Fine, It's Fine, Nohr's Fine
Hilda x Reader || More Than a Trophy
Hubert x Reader || I Missed You
Fjorm x Reader || The Real You
Dimitri x Reader || An Invitation
Loki x Reader || Summoning a Goddess
Diamant x Fem! Reader || Our Promise
Hiatus!

Lara x Summoner! Reader || Realizations Under the Moonlight

209 6 1
By LogicalLillian379

———

Dancing had been my hobby for years, ever since my parents put me in numerous extracurricular activities, from tap dancing clubs to traditional ballroom dancing lessons to even ballet classes and everything in between. I even had a handful of friends who shared my interest. When I was sucked into a different world with a kingdom called Askr and was forced into the pivotal role of their legendary Summoner from the storybooks, I hadn't gotten much time between wars and wars to practice.

Often more than not, back in my home world, I turned to pouring my energy into dancing over anything else back in my own world. But here in this unfamiliar universe of all-powerful gods, rising heroes, and devastating brushes of death, it was anything but.

After our most recent conflict was resolved, I finally felt like I had a precious moment of breathing room, regardless of how fleeting it would likely turn out to be. I quickly resolved to use the time to refresh my memory on some of my favorites. To do so, I'd have to sneak away from the Order of Heroes' headquarters for just a little bit.

Leaving wasn't too hard once I was sure Prince Alfonse and Princess Sharena were occupied and I'd bribed Commander Anna to let me go free. In addition to that, it was late in the evening, so many of the heroes were already fast asleep.

With my path clear, I escaped outside the stone walls and immediately let out a relieved breath to find a clearing very close to the castle where I could think in peace. It was large enough to host a small ball between a handful of couples if wished for, but I relished the space for myself. Along with the walls of trees as my audience and the moon overhead as my spotlight, I let out a curt breath and prepared my first moves.

I had no real plan, or specific dance, or anything of the sort. I freestyled, simply going with whatever felt right while weaving moves with a soccer ball I had on hand in the mix.

"Step forward... Spin..." A grin was slowly making itself across my face as the time carried on and I really got into the patterns and movements I had greatly missed.

When I was in the middle of a more complicated series of steps and turns, a voice calling my name interrupted my deliberate thought process. "(Y/N)?"

My shoe catches on a rock that I had failed to notice before and I begin to teeter. Just as the ground rushed up to meet me, a petite girl with long, long brown hair came into sight. The next thing I knew, my face was shoved into a patch of moss.

Sluggishly, I sit up and try my best to dust the dirt off my treasured, bright white Summoner's coat.

"I-I'm so, so sorry, (Y/N)!" The girl whose voice tripped me up prior ran to my side, worry and guilt shimmering in her warm brown eyes. "I didn't mean to interrupt you, I promise! I just thought I'd tell you that your dancing was positively stunning."

She extends a hand, offering me a bright smile. "Ah, thanks. Lara, right?" I asked, accepting her hand. She pulled me up with surprising strength.

"Right! You just summoned me earlier this week, so I may have gotten a bit lost out here." She admits sheepishly, still beaming earnestly. "But you truly have an outstanding dancing style, (Y/N)! You must tell me where you learned it!"

Her genuine enthusiasm was too contagious, and I found myself grinning right back at her. "With the soccer ball? Some of my friends back home and I always played it at the beach. I've been into dancing for years though. I'm assuming you also dance?" Her attire was light-weight and made entirely of shimmering, eye-catching colors, something that many other dancers I'd summoned frequently preferred.

"Yes, um, I was a dancer in a traveling entertainment troupe until recently." Lara's smile froze a bit, and the light in her eyes seemed to falter for a split second as a flash of emotion passed over her face. "They, uh... They treated me horribly..."

Immediately, I regretted asking as her cheery and upbeat attitude seemed to flicker away. It was back quickly though, but Lara seemed to force the happy demeanor.

"Lara, I..." I didn't know what to say. At last, I settled with a word of comfort. "Do you want to talk about it? Of course, you don't have to, but I thought I'd offer."

She perks up very subtly, but after she appears to debate with herself internally, she hesitantly continues her tale. "It wasn't my choice to dance. When I was a small child, my parents sold me off, so I had nowhere to return to if I ever did dare to leave the journeying caravan."

I nodded and decided to stay silent but as supportive as possible. Her pinched expression told me that this was a painful topic, and I could tell that her previously eager smile was likely a facade to cover her past experiences.

"I was finally freed by a thief — um, I mean a chivalrous thief — named Perne. After that, I discarded my dancer title and became a thief alongside him. I know people don't have many nice things to say about Perne, but he's a true hero to me." Her smile returns, softer but still sincere.

"I believe I just summoned Perne the other day, actually." I put a finger to my chin. "He's the blue-haired chap, yeah?"

Lara's face lights up, gaze reflecting the stars overhead, and she nods vigorously. "Yep, that's him alright! And after that, I was summoned here. Oh, you've both been so kind to me. I hope I can repay that kindness one day!"

"Ah, there's no need. It's really no problem at all." I assure her, smiling at her renewed energy.

"No, no, that won't do! (Y/N), there must be something I can do for you! Anything at all!" Her tone is firm, and it's more than obvious that she's set on thanking me. "Quite frankly, there aren't many whom I've told my... my life story, I suppose. You know, you're a very easy person to talk to."

"There's one thing you could do, I guess. I understand if you don't want to, Lara, but... Would you like to dance with me?" I take a breath, smile softly, and lift my hand towards her.

For a brief moment, I doubted everything and felt the increasing urge to take back every word or play it off like a joke. I couldn't think anything past my hammering heart and her wide, glittering eyes. However, before I could retract my hand, she took it with her delicate one. "I'd love to, (Y/N)." And even though my hands were likely sweating bullets from the stress, I found the guts to pull her closer and begin a slow dance.

Since Lara wasn't familiar with the dance in particular, as it wasn't from this world, I took the lead and spun her into a simple and somewhat plain dance. Despite that she stumbled to keep up with this style at first, Lara was still blissfully grinning ear to ear in the moonlight regardless.

Not a word passed between us, other than the continuously flushed faces, shy glances, and sparkling gazes. After a mere few minutes, a revelation struck me. In my arms was the prettiest, purest, smilingest girl in the entire Order of Heroes and likely every world I could possibly summon from. Lara, twirling and matching pace with me, was the love of my life.

Lara seemed to come to the same conclusion, and we continued to dance under the brilliant glow of the moonlight for hours, smiling and basking in the serenity.

Extra:

"So, word has it that you asked lil' Lara out."

Perne's impressive stature loomed over mine, and his once amiable grin was replaced by a deepening scowl. The gallant idol of Lara's, this apparently goody two-shoes pickpocket, invited me for what he called a 'friendly' talk. But, in the end, he only wanted to make one point clear.

"Let me tell you something, pal." The blue-haired thief growls, arms crossed firmly over his chest.

"Yes, yeah. Um, what's up?" I sputtered, trying to keep my cool even under his intense gaze.

His blazing eyes burned holes into me. "If you dare break Lara's heart..." He drags his thumb across his neck, a motion stereotypically signaling that he'd end me.

Quick to shake my head and give him a wobbly smile, I reply, "I understand, I won't. I, uh, promise."

Perne's gaze sharpens even more. "Am I perfectly clear, Summoner?"

"Yes, yes!" I shrink in on myself, grimacing slightly.

His pressure was nearly unbearable, but I knew that I'd never hurt Lara, and Perne likely knew too. We'd only been officially dating for a short period of time so far, but I was certain that our realizations under the moonlight were fate.

———

Author's Note:

Hiya! This was a request for Cucho099 once again!

Today's question: Who is your favorite dancer class unit? I know that in FE3H, anyone can be a dancer, but still. My favorites are both Ninian, who is my main dancer in FEH, and Flayn who I usually enter in the dancing contest in FE3H.

See you,
Lillian

Word count: 1590 words

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 412 39
A series of Fire Emblem Awakening one-shots! I do not own Fire Emblem or the characters! All rights for the game go to Nintendo! I'm simply writing t...
7.3K 97 19
This fic of oneshots has been posted on Wattpad under the username: justamethyst3 That is the only place it should be ~ * ~ Current Status: Completed...
25.3K 346 24
A collection of one-shots pertaining to FE3H. They don't always have something to do with romance, just FYI. ~•~ I tend to make a few grammatical err...
139K 8.4K 62
"My kingdom was razed and my family was slain, but no matter what is done to me I will ALWAYS be Princess Y/N." . . . [Yandere Prince x Enemy Female...