His Highness Of Hell

By Wandering_Alma5

Going through life without a lover, Aubrey gets to the end of her life...with nothing. Frustrated and alone... More

ð– ‹Aesthetics + Tattoosð– ‹
🛑WARNING🛑
PLAYLIST!!!
♡PROLOGUE♡
Chapter 1: Where am I?
Chapter 2: Abby
Chaper 3: Aspen Tree
Chapter 4: Ivan
Chapter 5: Orchids
Chapter 6: Goodbye
Chaptwr 7: Castle
Chapter 8: Wake Up
Chapter 9: Devils Of Sin
Chapter 10: Balance
Chapter 11: Turn Around
Chapter 12: Unknown
Chapter 13: Ferb
Chapter 14: â™›
Chapter 15: Her Laugh
Chapter 16: Across The Gate
Chapter 17: Love Nothing More

Chapter 6: Home

11 0 11
By Wandering_Alma5

Aubrey's POV-

After I had talked to God I walked the distance back to Marabella's house to tell her of what we discussed, which she found sad for me.

The rest of that long day I was sad, moping around while picking oranges from trees as my mind was sluggish.

All I could think about was my parents and what they were thinking.

Did they missing me? Did they know I was dead? Did they catch the guy that killed me? Are they happy? Are they ok?

I also spent a while wondering if Layla was ok also.

Was she dead too? If she was she would be here, right? She must had survived. I hope she's ok.

When the sun started to set I began to  break. I was alone in my house again, all alone, and everything felt so wrong.

I wanted to feel less lonely but Marabella has already went to sleep at her own house and I didn't wish to disturb her.

So I did what came to my mind.

I was a very impulsive person. If I thought a thought and it seemed fitting I did it without much thought. I did not dwell on overthinking my actions, as now I was dead and it couldn't get any worse.

So I threw on some baggy cloths that consisted of a green hoodie and tight black sweat pants. Green was my favorite color, it was just so tranquil.

With nothing left to do I left my house and walked my way to the field all the way to the big aspen tree, but when I got there it felt as if I was stumbling. The ground was nothing but smooth grass; I was stumbling from the sobs I held in my chest.

The burden of death weighed in my chest as if a rock sunken to the bottom of a cup of water.

Tears in my throat I walked to the silver gate and crossed without a thought.

I never thought of anything while I crossed. I was just thinking of one destination, or rather one person.

I didn't know why I wanted to see him. Maybe because he was the only one that wasn't fake. Everything in heaven seemed to happy, to care free. There was no hunger or death, nothing to worry of. It all felt to made up, like a doll house.

He was the only one that felt like like I was still living.

Carefully I made myself at home infront of the dead tree again, and stood still there.

The air was crisp in my lungs as if shards of hot glass. Something about hell was dangerous, it lurked in the mist, but I danced along the line between danger and safety as if I owned the world.

For some odd reason I never felt in danger there, when he was present. Which I knew at the time that he was right behind me than as I faced the dead tree.

I never knew when he was behind me, but this time was different. I wanted him to be there.

I felt safe with him there, with me.

"I'm assuming you came for a reason?" His voice as I expected touched my skin like a tingle through out my heart and I couldn't help but let a smell smile lay on my lips.

He always made me smile.

"Just thought I'd pop in to say hello" I answered, not yet turned around as I stared at the roots of the tree bellow my shoes.

I heard him hum.

I couldn't tell if he was close or far away. No matter where he was his voice carried through out the air like it had been amplified by a microphone.

"Why do you come here? What is the point in coming here where you do not belong?" He asked incredulously but there was an under tone under his voice.

"Don't you mean, why aren't I running away from you?" I asked back as I finally turned around to have my breath taken away at his form.

He wore black slacked pants like always but the difference with this outfit with this encounter was he wore a tight fitting black shirt. It clung to every single muscle on his body like a rubber band on a wrist.

My throat became dry and I could not lay a single word into the air, simple from what he wore.

He always had that effect on me.

How can he look so handsome without even trying?

"My eyes are on my head not on my chest darling" I heard him chuckle out but I did not react to the sound, still shocked.

I said nothing as I turned around again, ignoring him and trying my hardest to rid the nasty thoughts that were spread through out my mind.

What dose he look like without a shirt?

I waved the thoughts away as if batting away an annoying fly.

"Have you ever tried crossing the gate?" I changed the subject to pass the time, I felt his body heat against my back as he came closer.

He was always either deathly cold or summer hot, there was never any inbewteen.

"Once" he mumbled in reply.

Suddenly everything crashed into me at that very moment and as if it was always there tears welled into my eyes again.

I tried to distract my mind by coming here but it seemed like that was a useless effort.

"Have...have you ever missed your parents?" I knew it was a stupid question. As he was the devil and his parents were god and goddess themself. I knew nothing of the Bible, only the basic or Adam and Eve, the devil and the original gods. I knew about the devil use to be an angel but got casted out and condemned to serve hell, it was all limited information.

Though I asked the question despite everything.

"I think you know of the stories" his voice than held no emotion, as if he tried to hide his true ones.

I couldn't have ever imagined not having a good relationship with your parents. They were the ones that loved you unconditionally, they raised you. The least you could do was love them back.

I never said I love you back to my parents. I never got to say goodbye.

Gentle tears trained down my cheeks as silence grew.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder as he walked around me to stand a little bit infront of me.

He looked down at me with furrowed brow and a glare.

"Why are you crying?" He asked aggressively which caused me to sniffle.

Quickly his emotions changed to sympathy.

He said nothing as I began to crumble infront of him, and as the first sob broke my lips I was enfolded into a hug from him.

Immediately with overwhelming intensity a feeling warmed throughly my body.

Home.

I was home.

I know this is pretty fast paced but that's how this story is meant to be cause I never wanted to spend months on this book. Just a small side story for my own personal enjoyment and for I guess other people as well😅

Also I put the quotes in the chapter instead of above it because for a brief period Wattpad decided to screw with me 🙄 and someone (aka badass @sadiekane4life) couldn't see the quotes so I'm just not gonna take the risk.
So if you can't see the quotes please tell me so I can fix the issue immediately because the quotes really give the story a soft lovers dynamic I'm going for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mad Temptation By KalyxIole

Mystery / Thriller

186 28 36
For years, Aubrey Evergreen. Wants to investigate who killed her parents. But years after, she believed that they were killed in a car accident. Now...
634K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
103K 4.2K 38
"Mama!" I cried. "Akira, my sweet Akira." Her blood soaked hand seeped across my cheek. "Zero!" My friend, my closest friend, Zero the demon hound...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...