The Young Justice

De Mask_of_Happiness

Perseus Jackson was many things. She had seen many things and that of course included her figuring out Batman... Mai multe

Info and Disclaimer (Edited-Read)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
How Percy Found Out She Was a Demigod
13
14
15
16
17
18

Events of the Past

592 17 9
De Mask_of_Happiness

AN: This is just a fun chapter of a few events that took place in the past. Also, like Non-chronological order, or something.

------

Wayne Manor

December 31st 2006, 19:12

"Don't worry, Dick. You'll be fine for your first gala, trust me," Percy comforted.

Dick looked at Percy as if she were crazy. "You pranked me two weeks ago with slugs in my bed. I'm never trusting you!"

Percy chuckled. "Fine, but at least believe me when I say that you'll be fine. My first gala was worse."

Dick felt himself not beleiving that at all. "What did you do?"

Percy grinned maniacally.

Wayne Manor

December 31st 2004, 17:43

Percy stared at Bruce as if he had two heads, which she wouldn't be surprised if he did because of the question he just asked.

"Let me get this straight. You want me to attend a gala because it is New Years and you think it would be fine for me to finslly try the socialite lessons Alfred has been giving me?" she asked with a flourish of her hands.

"Yes," replied Bruce.

"I declare this is stupid!" Percy exclaimed, staring at Bruce hard.

Bruce looked slightly offended. "It's my year to host the New Years party for Gotham and also there will be kids your age."

"Yes, because I am definitely a social butterfly. Fuck this shit, I'm out."

"You're nine, Percy, stop swearing," Bruce said tiredly.

"Whatever."

"Your mom is fine with it," Bruce said, giving up on reprimanding.

"Fine, I'll come to your stupid galam" Percy snapped.

That was how, an hour and a half later, Percy found herself in a simple, dark blue dress. It had a symmetrical neckline and was sleeveless, with casscading ruffles. Percy wore black ballet flats. Her wavy hair was tied back in a half-up half-down style and held back by a black claw clip.

Percy was easily fitting in with the kids her age because she was being quite and staying in the background. They talked about nothing, the latest new about Joker and some other boring things.

This is so dam boring, she sighed internally, her eyes scanning the area. She looked up to the balcony entrance on the second floor and just caught the back of someone entering.

Let's add a bit of chaos to this place.

Percy ascended the stairs, grabbing a glass of water from the table on the way. She arrived at the balcony to see Arthur Stone (some millionaire who was polluting the ocean like very other rich person) holding a glass of alcohol and looking very tipsy.

He didn't notice her, more set on looking at the Wayna manor garden.

"Good evening, Stone," she greeted.

He let out an undignified yelp and stared at her. "Hello. Who are you?"

Percy felt repulsed at the smell of wineacohol and felt like wretching, but she bit back her disgust and hid her flinch. "I'm Percy Jackson."

Stone seemed to think she was older, probably because the alcohol was messing with his mind, but he offered her some alcohol. She refused through gritted teeth and was about to run for it when Stone tried again.

"Look, Percy, just have some. You'll feel better," he pushed and Percy's patience snapped.

She turned, knowing he would not remember this, and shoved hard.

Stone fell from the balcony, only two stories high, and crashed into the fountain with an unmanly scream.

Another few hours, the party ended and Percy found Bruce as the guests left. She had put on a brilliant show of being confused as to what happened and was completely shocked by the turn of events, but the party couldn't end until after New Years.

They stood next to each other as the last car pulled out of the drive way.

"You pushed him off the balcony, didn't you?"

"And I'll do it again," Percy answered with a professional hair flip.

AN: Arthur Stone is just some random dude I made up.

Wayne Manor

December 31st 2006, 19:13

"I pushed a guy off a balcony."

Dick's jaw his the ground as she walked to her room to change.

------

Bat Cave

February 14th 2006, 16:43

Robin cackled as he jumped out the batmobile and landed lightly. Batman followed, grim and serious as ever.

They walked in unison, Robin recounting how he defeated the theif in the jewelry shop with glee.

A sudden creek of the chair by the computer stopped the duo. Robin pulled out his escrima sticks and Batman pulled out several batarangs.

The chair fully turned around with a small girl, around ten, seated in it. She had unruly messy hair, cut to her shoulder length and bright eyes that were the colour of the small water source nearby, a sparkling blue with twinges of green. She was seated, so she obviously looked shorter, but when she was standing she was taller than Robin by at least half a head. In her hands was a steaming mug of what Robin assumed to be Jasmine tea, the girl's favourite.

She rose a single eyebrow, her eyes scanning over the room and then resting on the two vigilantes with a cheshire grin. "Hello Bruce and Dick, how are you both?"

Robin sheathed his weapons first with a sigh. "How'd you know?" he asked, pulling his mask off.

Percy smirked, the crooked smirk that made her look like a troublemaker. "Well, Dick, two weeks ago you got a large gash across your right arm from 'falling' off your bike. Coincidentally, Robin got the same gash on his right arm, the exact same length and the exact same depth, which I saw in the newpaper. How weird, right? Secondly, I saw you two disappear down here four hours ago, when you two came down for patrol."

Batman had lowered his batarangs already and now he pulled down hiw cowl, his face the epitome of tired. "Hello, Percy."

"Yes, yes, let's skip the pleasentries Bruce. I want in."

Bruce's brow furrowed and he felt his fatigue growing. No, your mother will kill me. He sighed, "I can't allow that, Percy, Your mother wo-"

"Mom knows. I told her what I was doing an hour and a half earlier. If that's your only argument, you'll be pleased to know that I have parental permission, unless you need a permission slip signed. Now, I'll send you a design of what I would like my suit to look like and will be coming back tomorrow for training because, assuming you trained Dick as well, that you will have to train me before I become a vigilante," Percy rapidly said. She then stood, taking a sip from the steaming mug in her hand and sighed in content.

"Bye Bruce and Dick. Be back tomorrow with a hero name and my suit design!" She waved and then promptly exited the cave by the grandfather clock, a grin on her face.

Dick and Bruce stood there for several seconds before Dick broke the silence. "Did she just demand to be a vigilante?"

"Yes, Dick, she did," answered Bruce tiredly.

Bruce heard a snort and then full blown laughter and Dick keeled over, his entire body shaking with laughter.

------

Argo II

July 20th 2013, 02:73

Percy rose, once again unable to sleep. Nightmares plagued her at every turn. At best she got an hours rest, and even then it was all the voice of Tartarus and the cracked glass within her.

She sighed and left the room, headed to the kitchen.

She heard someone within and quientened. She sensed it was Leo and felt relief flood her. She needed to talk with him.

"Morning, Leo," she greeted.

He jumped and fell to the floor with a crash, but no one awoke. Percy quickly helped Leo up and righted the chair. She then walked to the coffee machine and made herself a coffee, ignoring Leo's burning gaze.

She made her coffee and drank the hot beverage quickly, not even scalding herself.

"What was it like meeting her?" she finally asked.

Leo once again looked extremely shocked. "How'd you know?"

"I saw your eyes, Leo."

Leo felt himself anger. What could Percy probably know when she abandoned Calypso. "Like you would understand."

"I do. I understand you're scared of your fire, that you fell in love with Calypso, and that you are sad because you had to leave her. I understand because I fear myself as well, I fell in love and went through hell, and I felt horrible for leaving her."

Leo still felt angry. Furious. How dare Percy compare herself to him. "What do you want, Jackson?"

Percy ignored the sting that was sent through her because she deserved it. "Leo, I'm sorry. The first time we met I scared you and I understand that I should have listened to your side, but I was furious."

Leo didn't understand where this was going. What was Percy doing?

"In Tar- the Pit, Annabeth and I met the Arai. The Arai were horrible monsters that held curses and"—Percy choked on her words—"Calypso cursed me to feel lonely. When I cut down one of the Arai, Annabeth couldn't see, hear or feel me. I felt so lonely, and to be honest, I felt like I deserved it."

Leo felt horrible. It had only been two days since Percy got out of Tartarus, but here she was pouring it out for Leo. "Percy, I'm sorry. It's fin-"

"I was so guilty about Calypso and I swear I tried to make the gods do something, but they didn't comply with their promise. I promise Leo, I never wanted her to hurt this much," Percy continued, iterrupting Leo.

Leo felt like a weight had been placed on his shoulders. How could he hate Percy when she had gone through this and when she had beleived that she deserved every single second? "Why'd you leave?" he managed to whisper.

"Same reason you did. The world needed to be saved."

Then it finally sunk in. He'd left her and he was hating Percy for doing the same.

Percy straightened, looking just like the graceful leader Leo had heard about. She walked to the coffee machine again and made another cup for herself. They stayed silent for some time, a peaceful and comfortable silence.

Percy broke it. "I believe in you, Leo. Release Calypso from her curse, something I never could."

She turned back around, her eyes softening to a warmth Leo didn't know she possessed. Her eyes, so much like a stormy ocean and cracked glass, finally looked like the calm and welcoming ocean.

"You said you understood my fear of my powers. How?"

Percy had a contemplative look on her face. "I'm scared because I've done things that everybody says shouldn't be possible. I was the reason Mount Saint Helens exploded and I awoke a monster the gods feared. It was my fault that some mortals died. The only interesting part of that was that I actually found out that I was mostly immune to lava."

Leo felt himself gaping. No wonder Percy's aura was far stronger than Nico's and Jason's. No wonder Annabeth had been avoiding Percy since their return. She was scared of something Percy did in Tartarus. Then her words caught up. "You're immune to lava?"

Percy shrugged nonchalantly. "In a sense. I can withstand lava for a few minutes that I only get a warm feeling, but I can get burned if exposed for too long. Maybe, one day, we can see if I can withstand your fire."

She winked and grabbed the plate Leo had been eating from. "I'll make some food. I like home cooked food best, so what do you want?"

Leo grinned. Percy wasn't a terrifying demigod, she was just another traumatized demigod. "Spaghetti?"

"Two bowls of blue spaghetti coming up!"

------

Argo II

July 22nd 2013, 12:43

Annabeth was sitting in the mess area with the rest of the seven when Percy entered.

She watched as the tall girl, obviously coming from a workout, walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water.

The rest of the seven were talking among themselves, but they too paused, noticing the tension between Annabeth and Percy ever since they returned. They quickly returned to their conversations.

Percy returned, her signature blue sports jacket on now, and sat beside Leo. He was tinkering with something and turned to her, speaking in rapid Spanish, which Percy easily returned.

Annabeth watched, shock going through her when she realised Percy knew Spanish and was good? Sinec when had she known Spanish and how?

She watched Leo and Percy talking, jealousy burning in her veins, Leo giving loud laughs and Percy's soft chuckle. How was she already fine after the Pit? How the hell was Percy okay with what happened?

Annabeth rose, about to leave when Percy spoke. "Hey Annie, can we talk?"

Annabeth froze, thousands of What ifs...? running through her head then nodded. "Sure, let's go to my room."

"Buena suerte," said Leo. Annabeth wished she knew Spanish.

"Gracias," replied Percy. Annabeth knew that meant 'thank you'.

They exited and then went to Annabeth's cabin. She closed the door behind Percy and Percy turned to face her.

"This isn't working."

Annabeth knew what she was talking about, but she tried to feign stupidity because Percy couldn't leave her. "What do you mean?"

Annabeth cursed because, of course, Percy wasn't fooled. "You know I mean us, Annie. It's not working and we're not healthy."

Annabeth felt the tears sting her eyes, but she bit them back.

"I did some questionable things down in Tartarus, but we had to survive. What if I come in contact with poison again and can't save someone because of what you asked me to do? I did everything to protect you, but Annie, you're terrified of me. That's not how a relationship works, and I'm not comfortable in this relationship if it means I have to listen to you while you're very scared of me," Percy said. "I make you uncomfortable and scared while you make me feel like I'm stupid. We're not working and we both know that."

Annabeth felt the tears falling because this was how it ended. She loved Percy, but Percy was right. They weren't working. They loved each other, but it wasn't romantic love they needed.

They were like poison. Always about to lead the other to their death.

"Are we over?"

Percy stepped forward but she stayed a few feet away. Her arms were open in the usual comforting hug that Annabeth wanted.

She surged into the comforting arms, her own arms wrapping around Percy's torso while Percy's head rested on her's. She still smelled just like the ocean, the perfect sea breeze.

"I love you, Annie, and I always will, but I can't stay in this relationship."

Annabeth, her tears wetting Percy's shirt, agreed, "You're right, Aqualady. We're still friends, right?"

"The best if you want, but Grover also holds that title."

Annabeth chuckled as they disengaged.

When they enetred the mess hall again the obvious tension was gone. Then Percy winked at her and sat next to Leo again.

This was correct. They lasted because it was a spur of the moment, but Percy had been right. She'll find her perfect soulmate and Annabeth will find hers. That was how the story should end.

------

Gotham City

September 27th 2009, 01:42

A robbery was taking place, but Joker was also attacking elsewhere. Batman had sent Fury and Robin to deal with the robbery while he went to deal with the Joker.

"Hey, Birdie, what do you sy to a competition? Whoever takes down the least loses," Fury asked with a grin.

Robin felt excitement and anticipation fuel him. "You're on."

Exactly twenty-two minutes later, Robin and Fury found themselves with an even number of goons taken down.

"Okay, since we're even, whoever takes down the most and gets to Batman first wins and gets bragging rights," Fury decides.

Robin eagerly agreed.

Seventeen minutes later, Fury won with two more criminals. They landed and watched Joker get taken away by the GCPD, then she smirked. "I won."

"You cheated!"

"Did not."

"Did."

"How the Hades did I cheat?!"

"You stole two of my takedowns!"

"All's fair in the City of Crime."

"That's not even the say—"

They both stopped and faced Batman.

"Report."

"Twelve criminals and a minor break-in. Stolen items returned and criminals tied. GCPD picked them up just as we tied them up," Fury reported smoothly.

Robin added his part, "No injuries to ourselves. The criminals may have several bruises and a few broken bones as one of them fell from the roof."

Fury and Robin then noticed the Green Lantern behind. He was watching with inetrest as the two gave their reports, amazed at the discipline and how Batman managed to get them to immediately act serious. He had already met Robin a few years ago, but he had never met Fury (odd, because she became Batman's other protégé nearly two years ago).

"So, who's this?" he asked when they finished.

The Bats turned to him, Robin grinning and the two Bats with darker clothes both looked unamused.

"My name is Fury, like a synonym of the word anger."

Hal nodded, biting back his question about whether she was a furry. It was like she had read his mind because she had shut down the question faster than it could be formed.

"So, Batman, when did this little girl join your 'Batclan'?"

Batman didn't answer while Fury stepped forward.

"I'm not a little girl, thanks. I know everything about you. Hal Jordan, aged 22 and was born in 1988. Currently a Green Lantern and became one in the year 2000, which is frankly absurd. Your abilities come from the ring on your finger and that is powered by willpower. Unfortunately, your weakness is the colour yellow," Fury stated in a bored tone, very obviously annoyed by his question.

Hal gulped, and his brief glance at Batman told him he would get no help. It was like the Bat liked to watch him suffer!

"Sorry," he said weakly. "What did you say your name was again?"

"Fury," she answered. "In Greek myths, Furies are the torturers of Hades. They like to torture and hurt souls who have annoyed their master"—she stepped forward and Hal stepped back—"and the craziest thing is that they are large, bat-like creatures with leathery wings and claws as sharp as daggers."

Hal jumped when she lunged.

She walked back to Robin and the two chuckled, exchanging a high-five and hished words in another language.

"Well, I've got to go, Batman. Great helping you with the Joker, bye!"

When he was gone, Batman turned to Fury. "Why?"

Fury turned to him, mischief rolling off her in waves. "It was funny. Even you have to admit that."

Batman sighed but his lips involuntarily tugged upwards.

------

Mount Justice

July 23rd 2014, 13:72

"What is something that every relationship requires?"

The Team and its newest members were sitting and randomly asking questions purely because they were bored, no missions and training for the day was over. Now, Zatanna had just asked Storm a question.

Storm looked at her from her place on the armrest, of the chair Nightwing sat in, and tilted her head to the side. "The mos important thing in a relatuionship is..." Storm snapped her fingers like the answer had revealed itself to her. "It's consent!"

There was a murmur of confusion from the gathered group, but Storm was looking at Zatanna with a little brightness playing in her eyes. "No matter whether you are married, dating or have been friends for years, the most important thing for you to have with your partner is consent. If I don't want to be kissed, but my partner does anyway, I will scold them to the ground. Unless you have a condition already in place, the best thing for a relation ship is consent. And, no Wing, that does not mean I am going to stop you from hugging me."

Nightwing grinned slightly at that. "Thanks the gods."

Zatanna had nodded in agreement to her wuestion, but now she was watching the Blue Duo (as people called them these days) with a smirk. I ship them and I've got a lot of money riding on them getting together. You two better get together before Nightwing turns twenty!

Multiple people's thoughts were going along a similar line, except teh bets they had made all differed. Then Storm asked M'gann a question and the questionnaire moved on.

AN: How do you think I dealed with Percabeth break up. I thought these four scenes were helpful because 1) I needed Percy to push someone off the balcony for comedic pruposes; 2) Annabeth and Percy aren't the perfect couple everyone makes them out to be so I wanted them to end, but not lose their friendship; 3) Someone wanted to know how Percy meets Hal; 4) The final one about consent and schist is necessary for future chapters, which will be revealed later.

Finally, I'm going to do more chapters like this. Also, I updated this because it is official that I will not update this book for another two weeks.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

220K 7.5K 48
It's a new day. Bruce Wayne has been living the normal life. Billionaire Playboy by day, and Batman by night. Until recently, that is. He's noticed s...
129K 3.4K 26
Persephone Jackson use to be happy before she found out she was a demigod because she had a close friend Bruce Wayne. But them she became a demigod a...
64.9K 2.7K 18
After getting captured by pirates a young Percy is brought to Themyscira where she lives with the Amazon warriors, becoming very close with a certain...
228K 9.1K 27
After the death of his parents, Dick Grayson is taken in by his Uncle and trained to be a Talon. He has been training and preparing for four years of...