Home is a feeling

By IntrovertedSquirrel

Hey! This is 'Home is a feeling' . This book showcases a mental journey that we have all been through at some... More

Chapter 1 Zeus
Chapter 3 Andrew Moore
Chapter 4 Zeus
Chapter 5 Andrew Moore
Chapter 6 Zeus
Chapter 7 Andrew Moore
Chapter 8 Zeus
Chapter 9 Andrew Moore
Chapter 10 Zeus
Chapter 11 Andrew Moore
Chapter 12 Zeus
Chapter 13 Andrew Moore
Chapter 14 Zeus
Chapter 15 Andrew Moore
Chapter 16 Zeus
Chapter 17 Andrew Moore
Chapter 18 Zeus
Ch 19 Andy
Chapter 20 Zeus
Chapter 21 Andy
Epilogue

Chapter 2 Zeus

4 0 0
By IntrovertedSquirrel

Once the rain had died down I continued my search fora place to stay.All of a sudden my nose was filled with the mostdelicious of smells : freshly baked bread and biscuits . A bakery, with tons of bread and biscuits . I could notbuy things but I knew that the dumpsters nearby musthave food . I could sleep under the giant umbrella orvehicles if it rained during the night .It may not be a permanent solution but it would begood enough for now. I walked toward the back of theshop , looking for their dumpster.I follow the smell and find the big blue dumpster witha half pack of cookies in it. The cookies lookeddelicious. My mouth filled with water as I jumped tograb them . 

All of a sudden , I feel a sharp tugfollowed by blinding pain on my back . I look backand see that apparently I was not here alone .I found myself cornered, surrounded and outnumberedwith nowhere to run or hide but I wasn't going to letmy fear show . I held my head high and let out a lowgrowl.

"This is our spot, our food" the obvious leader said'I was here first' I bit out."Well, we're here now , you can leave or you can fightall of us"I found 3 pairs of vicious eyes staring at me . I knew Icould never fight them off on my own but I wasn'tgonna just leave.'We don't have to be enemies here , we can share. Icould join you guys'A part of me wished they'd say yes. I couldn't help buthope that I'd find a new family in them. We'd have towork more to find food for all of us but we could do ittogether. They attacked me because they thought I wasa threat , maybe if they realized I wasn't one..." We're not here to negotiate, leave while you can oryou won't live to regret your choice"

 My back and leg were already wounded and bleedingfrom their earlier attack. I couldn't fathom the idea offighting one of them in my current state , let alone allthree. I scowled at them but they knew that I was muchweaker than them. I was still resistant to leave. Thiswas good food and shelter that I didn't know if I wouldfind again. The leader took a step forward threateningto attack me and the other two followed. Any resistanceI had crumpled like a sand castle.

I left. I was trying to survive and I knew that thingswould be different. I wanted to hate them but I knewthe ways of the wild were Kill or be Killed. I looked atthem grudgingly as they ate the pack of cookiesthemselves. The 'leader' taking majority of the lootwith the others snatching tiny morsels.

 I spare the gorgeous bakery one last glance beforeleaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 4.9K 41
"No! Please don't hurt me. I will be good and won't try to run away again." I yelled backing against the wall then curled in a ball. He kicked my si...
205 2 2
The leaving. It was hard, tragic , painful, yet it had to be done, I needed to save my life. I didn't want to start again, this would be the story of...
38 13 13
So life is not always fair and we don't always get it easy, it can knock you down and you can loose all that is important, but then life gives again...
23.9K 2.3K 37
*PUBLISHED as 'Tired of Being Tired, Sick of Being Sad' by Azia To *now on amazon* This is the book I wish I had when I was 12, 13, 14 and growing up...