Monster Marks

By inspired2fly

I was taken away from the only place I called home. I was used as a blood-bag to those filthy creatures with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 20

7.6K 371 33
By inspired2fly

Song= This time Around: Tove Lo

"Are you crying?" He asked gently, moving closer to the bed.

I felt another pull on my heart.

Once we left the basement he guided me to the bedroom ignoring guards that would come up to him and try to talk with him, after a couple more stairs he yelled at all of them to leave him alone for the day. He told them he just wanted some alone time with me. He shouldn't have been nice to me! I shouldn't be nice to him. I should hate him! But I couldn't, I just couldn't.

I wiped my face with the back of my hand and replied, "Nope."

Unexpectedly he appeared in front of me and picked me up in his arms, sat on the bed, plopped me on top of his lap, and cradled me in his arms. I was content, and I hated it--I wanted to hate it, but I didn't.

I was fighting with myself.

I excused myself to the bathroom to freshen up, telling him I needed to clean myself up, which wasn't a complete lie, but I also just needed to get away. I needed to breathe without him in my personal space. I stared at my hands seeing the blood fresh from my tears. The feeling of disgust started to build up in my gut. This was all because of Trent, he turned me this way. The day starting to feel longer being in the bathroom, and scrubbing at my face with a towel to try and get the blood off from my face wasn't helping it go by faster.

"Are you okay, Chloe?" Trent gave me a hesitant look as I came out from the bathroom. A constant battle was going on in my head. Trent had just killed those girls, and he had killed more people when I was gone, yet somehow I wasn't screaming at him and trying to fight my way to the exit.

It only took a day for me to feel free, than one more to feel like I was locked up again. It was already feeling like a non winning battle of ever leaving this place.

"Yeah," I said. One word; a start to build his trust.

That's why I am here. I have to keep reminding myself why I'm here.

He walked around me slowly examining every part of my body head to toes. "They don't seem to have hurt you badly; I think it's mostly that I just don't see them because of the vampire healing. You would tell me if they hurt you any way, right?" he hissed through his teeth.

I gave him a questioning look thinking he was talking about when his guards dragged me here, but he was talking about my "kidnappers."

I nodded my head and he sighed in what seemed as relief. He walked up to me and embraced me again, letting my nostrils fill with his spearmint scent and some faint smell of blood that I also enjoyed, which made me disgusted with myself. "They could have done so much worse to you."

I stared at him quizzically. "How would you know—"

He changed the topic. "I should take a shower now; it feels like forever since I have. Would you like to join me?"

"No!" I replied instantly.

"That was a really quick response. Don't you think?" He gave a small chuckle as all I wanted to do was chuck a refrigerator at his head. My feelings did a quick 180 degree turn.

"Finally you two are finally getting along." Kally walked into the bedroom lazily, clearly not applying to Trent's demand about leaving him alone today. "Now you can go take your shower, Trent, while I have some time with this little girly right here. "

I really don't want her to be here. When I was with Jen at dinner I overheard some bad stories about her killing flocks of people with her husband, they saw it as a game. One Man lost his son because of her. I couldn't stand to be around her.

Trent gave one look in her direction and ran into the bathroom to start the shower after confirming with me that I wouldn't go anywhere.

The first works that came out of her mouth when she looked me up and down, "Chloe, you are acting strange. Are you—"

"I'm fine! Just leave me alone." I buried my head into my hands. I wanted to look back up from my hand and for her to just disappear, hoping that was enough for her to leave the room. My wish didn't come true.

"No. You are not fine! Neither is my brother, no matter what he tells you. You left him, and broke his heart." She wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"I broke his heart! He turned me into this!" I gestured to myself as I did a quick turn around so she could see from all angles the disaster I turned into. "I never wanted to be this. I don't want to be you!"

I expected her to yell at me--I wanted her to yell at me, but she just gave a smile. "Don't you feel better now?"

She did that on purpose, riled my emotions up. Just like a game.

"Get out," I whispered.

"But—"

"Kally, she told you to get out. She shouldn't have to repeat herself." Trent stood at the door with just a towel wrapped around his waist. His eyes slowly being taken over by red. He looked at me, ran into the closet to change into some clothes, and instantly had me placed on his lap.

Kally was no longer in the room when I blinked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Why...?" His words trailed off.

"Why. Me?" Kally's appearance in the room didn't put me in a good mood. I stared up at the ceiling. The boring white ceiling, no more skies filled with stars: Trapped. I could feel my fists start to clench.

Memories started to flash in my head. If I wouldn't have befriended Jen, If I would have fought harder to escape the smelly man with blood on his mustache, if I paid more attention to the news and the sirens. They were all the signs that vampires were on the loose and were on their way to my neighborhood. If I just would have ended dinner sooner and would have ran to the car so my family and I would have drove away; far away. Then maybe when the door got knocked down, there would have been an empty house. Not the way it did, with a family sitting at a table oblivious to the people with fangs, and the girl that got pushed out the door crying.

"You are my beloved." He said.

That was all it took for two sharp objects to jam into my lips. My fangs had come out.

"I know! But why? Who picked me for you! Why me!" I hissed through my words.

"I don't know how it works, but it's a miracle it happened. Not every vampire gets what we have." I hadn't realized that my body was shaking till he wrapped me up in his arms, and petted my hair.

My fangs were so close to his neck. If I just took all his blood he could pass out and I could take him back to Jen and everything will be done. She can do whatever she wants to him and my job would be done. Trent told the guards not to bother him, so they won't even be around here, but I hesitated. I looked over his shoulder at the mirror behind him, staring at a thing with fangs, red eyes, and the same color hair as me; it was me.

A silent battle was going on in my head. All I had to do was bite. Why couldn't I just bite?

The pounding built in my head.

Why did I have to be the one involved, but there was no turning back now, I was already involved. And the worst part was the person I wanted to hate the most pulled my heart strings the most, and he was still wrapped up in my arms.

Trent killed so many people, he killed the innocent, he killed Jen's family.

I was wasting time.

"Vampires are heading straight for town, they might turn and go the other way, but please everyone lock up all your doors. It will be a long night," the news caster said. I turned off the TV. There was no way that was going to happen. We are well guarded.

I lean in more.

"Honey, what was that noise?" My mom glanced at the door the same time my dad did. I took a sip of water.

I could feel his muscles relax under my touch.

"You have to go now! Chloe, we love you, but you need to run! Just run!" The door broke into millions of pieces

I kissed around his neck.

Red eyes and fangs.

He looked up at me in a haze and stepped back.

A family covered in blood.

I lunged. He is the monster. He needs to die.

Okay, this is slightly rushed!!

But I needed to give you something since I have not posted in so long! (So sorry about that) but I'm back and it's summer! So more updates!

Also I'm going to enter this book in the wattys 2015 this year, so if you really love this story you can go to twitter and take this stories IRL and than put #mywattyschoice.

Oh you can follow me on Twitter too (I got one, but forgot to tell you guys!) Its: inspired2fly

Thank you so much for all your support. I can't believe you read all the way up to chapter 20!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 962 31
My name is Grace Shield and my life is not normal. Vampire's have been taking over the city. They murdered and drained my family's blood in front of...
13.7K 682 32
I couldn't have another person make me a promise they couldn't keep. I didn't want to do this anymore, this endless game of circling confusion. My m...
27.7K 1.4K 68
The night life has always appealed to me. Drinking partying the entire thing or so I thought. One night on my way home I was grabbed the rest of that...
619 1 43
Things changed. It happened slow....Then, it suddenly picked up. It took on a life of it's own. SHIT! The weaker are on top. They seem to have...