The Shelby Princess

By gracielois1

"Don't take advantage of Tommy's composure, if you so much lay a finger on her, he'll burn this place to the... More

1918
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Act II
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

5

6K 148 6
By gracielois1

Charlotte and Tommy still hadn't uttered a word to each other, the pair were both as stubborn as each other meaning the likelihood of the other one apologising was very low. However tommy knew he had been the one in the wrong, he knew he was to blame therefore he knew he had to apologise, in due time.

It had been two days since the dispute and quite frankly the Shelby's knew better then to speak more then a sentence to tommy due to the foul mood that had plagued him since he returned home that night.
"What's been bloody up with him?" Arthur retorted pouring a glass of whiskey. "I think i might have an idea" his aunt replied glancing over to his office door "i've put two and two together, think about it Arthur we haven't seen Lottie for two days ave we?" john added "Oh he hasn't fucked it has he, she was the only good thing for him" earning a scowl from polly "Arthur i doubt it's that extreme, they've probably just had a row but you know how stubborn they both are"
"Go talk to him would ya, pol?" Arthur spoke downing yet another glass of whiskey. "yeah go on, can't stand another day with him like this" john sighed lighting up a cigarette.

"Thomas" polly spoke shutting his office door behind her. "Yes" he bluntly replied not lifting his head from the paperwork in-front of him "Where is she?" he only sighed knowing exactly where the conversation was going."Dunno pol, that all?" frowning she took a seat in-front of him "What do you mean you "dunno", from what i know you wouldn't let her out your sight without knowing where she was, what's up with you?" groaning he hung his head back in frustration,before meeting her gaze once again.
"I ave men watching the house, she's fine" "i don't want to say i told you so Thomas, but here we are. I warned you not to get caught up with that barmaid"
"I haven't got caught up with her pol, business s'all it is" he watched her as she let a scoff leave her mouth "Yeah? and when have you ever put business before Charlotte" growing agitated he rose from his seat "Im not putting anything before her, you know where she stands with me"
"Does she?" she questioned "I might know your still head over heels for her, but from her perspective business and that barmaid are your priorities"
excepting defeat he sat back down,sighing "i love her, it's been two days and i'm going bloody insane with out her" he spoke just above a whisper as he ran his hand over his face in a stressed manner.
" I know, but you need to get your act in order, she loves you just as much, hell anyone can see that, but she's also just a girl who's afraid of getting her heartbroken." she calmly spoke,standing from her seat "She'll become accustomed to it put up a wall, and you'll be the one who suffers. Her and that bloody barmaid aren't even comparable, open your eyes Thomas" she protested slamming the door. "Fuck!" he exclaimed kicking the chair in-front of him purely out of frustration.

Returning home that night, charlotte cried and cried and cried and cried. Although what had happened between her and Tommy had definitely got to her, it wasn't all that had led her to this breakdown. She felt lonely and she missed her mother more then words could describe, she put on a brave face because she was well aware that nothing could bring her back and her mother wouldn't want her moping around. However nethertheless she couldn't fight it all the time, some mornings when sat on her own she'd think of her letting a few tears slip, although this time it all came to a head and all she could do was cry. Charlotte never actually let herself mourn after the death of her mother, she powered through unable to spend a minute alone because she'd break, it was only polly who became aware of this letting her know it was okay to be hurting, letting her sob in her arms, but that was once and once only. She felt herself  slipping recently, not seeing her boyfriend as often as-well as his family that had became her own and of course to make matters worse her brother had disappeared to London,rarely visiting his Birmingham home. Charlotte was absolutely and undeniably heartbroken at how her life had drastically plummeted.

The next morning, she didn't feel much better a pounding headache accompanied her and her eyes still held a tint of red from her breakdown.
Although she had no plans to leave her house at all that day she still made herself presentable, as she always was.
Placing one of her many dresses over her petite frame before descending down the stairs, a white envelope caught her eye as she was about to walk into her kitchen before swiftly turning around to pick up the letter she assumed was from her brother.

51 CherryLane Drive
The Yorkshire Dales

Charlotte frowned at the unfamiliar address before curiously tearing open the envelope.
Hiya Lottie,
I'm so sorry for not writing to you for so long, you must be undoubtedly annoyed. My mother was not very well, and a few months ago we lost her, my aunt and uncle have been keeping me company but i miss you so much. I hope you know that i was facing awful events and was not ignoring you maliciously, your still my best friend and i still love my lotts very much! I hope you've been keeping well and the Shelby's are not driving you to mad! I was wondering if you'd like to come down maybe stay a few nights, we could possibly get the train into London i've heard there's wonderful clubs there. I hope to hear back from you, my address is on this letter please feel welcome to come round anytime.
I love and miss you sister.
Yours sincerely,Millie.

A smile graced Charlottes face as she closed the letter placing it on the side, she had missed her best-friend crazy amounts and her invitation couldn't of been timed more perfectly. So without a second thought she ran upstairs to pack her bag for the nights away.
On the off chance that the best-friends would choose to go down to London that night, charlotte dolled herself up placing on one of her best dresses, leaving her long hair to fall down her back before doing the final touches of her makeup, placing a pink tainted gloss over her plump lips. Her burst of excitement however was shortly interrupted by a firm knock on the door, sighing she brought her bag down to the kitchen preparing to leave soon after she had addressed whoever was at her door.
Opening the door of course she was faced with Thomas Shelby himself.
Tommy was taken aback by his girl, her beauty still left him speechless after all these years,however dread soon flooded through him as he contemplated where she might be going looking so beautiful.
"Where are you going?" he questioned her before lighting up a cigarette.
"Does it matter?" she scoffed at his bluntness
"Well yes it does because your my girlfriend and i still bloody worry about you."
"Well I'm going out, s'all that all?" sighing he stepped closer, the distance between the pair now very little. "Don't be like this Lottie" his voiced cracked as if he couldn't deal with this between them a minute longer. He didn't have to say it, lottie knew he was sorry she could just tell and she so badly wanted to run into his arms and never let go. However all she did was sigh meeting his eyes "Look tommy I'm going away for a few nights, we'll speak when i get back i promise"
One thing about charlotte was she never, and i mean never broke a promise tommy would often laugh about how sacred a promise was to her. He knew she would and they would most likely settle it when she returned home, although he still couldn't shake the worry of not knowing where she was going. It was written all over his face earning a slight laugh from Charlotte.
"Don't worry Tommy, i'm not running off with another man i'm going to see millie and i'll return in a few days, like i promised" this however didn't put him completely at ease but he knew better then to keep questioning her.
"Okay, be careful yeah?" a slight smile graced her face before she grabbed her bag and locked her door, tommy watched her not taking his eyes off her for a second as she turnt around, leaning on her tiptoes to reach and give him a gentle kiss on the lips she let her hand travel down his chest as she pulled away. "I promise" she repeated again knowing exactly what was swirling round his mind, before turning around and descending towards the train station.

Stepping off of the train, Charlotte took a deep breath appreciating the lack of smoke and pollution in the air. Her hair lightly blew in the wind as she began the short walk to her best-friends house, approaching the house she took notice of the smell leaving the kitchen window, blueberry muffins, her favourite. Millie's house was a cobbled stone cottage that had ivy running down the front full of red roses, it really was millie all over. Lottie smiled before lighting knocking on the cherry red door, before it slightly opened revealing a petite blonde girl who had looked like she seen a ghost. "Omg Lottie" the girl widely smiled taking charlotte in her arms "Hello mills" lottie laughed at the girls shocked reaction. "I'm so glad you came,come in!" millie smiled excitement evident in her voice.

The pair had their reunion catching up on everything that they had missed the past year or two. "I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother, mills" to which millie appreciatively smiled "Thank you Lottie, but you've been through the same. We've got each-other back now haven't we?" "That we have" charlotte widely smiled "So what do you say, let's go London town babyy" Lottie said in a sing-song voice earning even more of a laugh from millie. "Let's do it!"
"Well come on then, let's get you dolled up"

The blonde and brunette walked through the streets of London, looking quite literally a million dollars. They were both beautiful, Millie had significantly fairer skin then Lottie who held a golden tan, she had blue eyes and light hair, a sight for sore eyes to say the least. Although Millie was single, the pair scoffed and laughed at the failed flattery from men as they descended towards the club. "If only they knew who your boyfriend was lottie, they wouldn't be saying a bloody word" the pair giggled as they imagined tommy's reaction if he was with them right now. "No Shelby talk tonight mill, it's us against the worlddd" she jokingly remarked sending millie into fits of laughter. "Might find meself a london boyfriend, you never know" millie added"course you will,look at ya!" she spoke before lighting up a smoke and offering it to millie.

Walking into the club, the girls never faltered under the amount of looks they were receiving from men all through out the club. "What you drinking tonight mill?" the brunette questioned as they reached the bar. "Gin and Tonic please." she replied but was directing it towards the waiter "Make that two" lottie smiled taking in the ambience of the lively club. "Fancy in here ain't it?" she joked of course being used to the garrison, this was quite the change. Before millie could reply, charlotte noticed her eyes fall behind her a slight mischievous look in them. "Incoming" was all she said before Charlotte was lightly tapped on the shoulder,turning around to face a handsome man who clearly had money dripping off him. "Could i buy such a pretty lady a drink?" he spoke in a posh accent the girls had to bite back a laugh to.
"I've got a boyfriend" was all she said before turning back around to face the blonde. "Wouldn't hurt would it?, i mean i can't see him" a scoff left her mouth "Can you please take a hint, M'not interested." earning a laugh from her best friend. "Come on"-
"Didn't you hear her?" a strong cockney accent cut him off, charlotte didn't fail to notice the amount of people cower and rush off as they saw him. "She said no mate, on you go." charlotte glanced up at him before appreciatively smiling "Thankyou"
"Fuck me you've got green eyes, ain't ya" a small laugh left her mouth "That i have" she said before turning to grab her drink, taking a well needed sip.

Tommy was sat at his desk before Scudboat came in rather abruptly, causing a frown to take over his face.
"Tom i've heard word from one of Charlotte's brothers mates, that she's in London conversing with an Alfie Solomons" Tommy's face dropped, concern and anger consuming him.
"Get the car ready, M'going to London"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 143 18
"They think I am a bad guy" "Your my bad guy Shelby"
650 37 10
"One minute. The solider's minute." Gwendolyn Stuart and Thomas Shelby. Two people who are opposites yet one in the same. Will Thomas save Gwendolyn...
434K 9.6K 23
he would never expect an ally to come in the form of an enemy. tommy shelby complete
2.7M 37.5K 115
*UNDER EDITING* Imagines for your favourite Shelby family (and Alfie!)