Everything is Awesome Oneshot...

By Otaku_Lover21

Cover photo is credited to: thedarklego02 on Tumblr More

'Tis the Season 1/2

Shine

132 1 1
By Otaku_Lover21

Emily is feeling a bit insecure about her body figure, Rex reassures her that's she's beautiful the way she is.
___________________________________

Emily Brickowski was having a bad day, a horrible day to say the least.

It was just another day at work in Bricksburg. Sun shining, birds singing, another day at her work. Until some co-worker made a rude comment about her at work about her...Figure.

"Who her? I mean, She's cute and all I guess, but she's a little on the 'plus side' if you know what I mean." The jerk laughed, nudging his friend beside him.

And frankly, It wasn't the first time that happened to her. Mostly all of her life. Emily was subjected to negative body comments her whole life growing up, either she was too thin or too big, too quiet or too loud, her hair was too long or too short.

The construction worker tugged on to her shirt, grimacing at the shape of her body in her mirror. She saw herself just bloated, taking almost the entire mirror to see her body entirely. Covered head to toe with nothing but chubbiness.

'Am I really that...fat?' She thought in her head.

"Emmy!" A male voice called out to her outside, snapping her out of her thoughts. She looks out her window to see the incredible, cool ship: Rex-celcior, which belongs to her friend, Rex Dangervest.

"Guess who's back!"

Emily gasped as she saw Rex's ship land in front of him, her eyes lit up with excitement.

"REXY!" Emily exclaimed happily, The door of his ship opened and Rex walked out with his trademark grin. "Hey, Em-bear! Ya Miss me?"

Emily ran to him and hugged him tightly and Rex laughed as he picked her up and twirled her around. The two laughed as they spun before Rex gently put her back down again.

"I'm so so happy to see you, Rex!" The brunette beamed, barely containing herself. It's been days since they last saw each other. Well, I mean he did tried to turn back time and almost ended the world.

But hey, people change.

"Yeah, Sorry about that. Had some trouble on a a planet at a nearby galaxy." Rex apologized as he scratched the back of his head.

"Really?" Emily asked with a look of awe as she stared at the time traveler. "What happened?!"

"Well it's a pretty long story...."

"Well I—" Emily started before being interrupted by Rex.

"There I was, fighting these giant tree monsters, probably one of the toughest ones I've ever encountered, of course there weren't tougher than me." Rex said with his trademark grin.

'Alien...trees?' Emily thought with a look on confusion and amusement. Even though she never understands his adventures she enjoys listening to them.

"So anyway, after all that harsh enduring of those rabid alien raccoons and escaping from green skinned amazon warriors babes. Nothing could stop me from completing my mission." He stated dramatically before pulling a bouquet of blue flowers from behind his back.

Emily then noticed he was hiding something behind his back. "What's behind your back?" She asked.

He pulled a bouquet of blue flowers from behind his back, "Here, these are for you." The construction worker's eyes sparkled as she was dazzled by the blue exotic flowers, she took them in her arms and sniffed them.

"Oh Rex, they're beautiful, thank you~" She cooed, making Rex's heart skipped a beat.

"Thank you~" The flowers then echoed what she had said and was even more amazed by them.

"Yeah! There called Echo Flowers, I-I figured a sweet girl like you would enjoy them~" Rex spoke softly as he followed the brunette inside her home. By now here they were on his ship watching movies. as the two sat on the couch watching their flick the self proclaimed galaxy defender noticed that his sweet bubbly girl was acting weird and quiet, which was very unlike her.

"Hey, what's wrong, you've been awfully quiet lately?" Rex questioned.

"Oh, um, yeah I'm fine...just awesome." She lied as she glued her eyes back on the screen hugging her pillow.

This left the raptor trainer concerned but left it alone for now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, something is really wrong here. Like really wrong.

Emily has been totally weird these past couple of days. She wasn't eating for one thing, always looking at herself in the mirror, always on the treadmill.

Rex even asked Lucy what was up with her lately. Unfortunately all she told him was, 'Not my place to tell.' And 'She'll tell you when she's ready'

Okay, that didn't work. New plan!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Next Day~

"Hey, Rex?"

Rex was in the middle of tuning his ship up as he looked up at Emily, "Hey Em, What's up?"

"Uh, D-Do you think I'm...fat?" Emily asked, feeling embarrassed already. The raptor trainer dropped a wrench he was holding, which landed on one of the raptor's foot.

"Ow!" Conner the raptor screeched in pain, runs off crying.

"Sorry Conner!" He felt taken aback at her question. "Say What!? No, no of course I don't." Rex asked in shock, thinking he must of misheard her. "Why would you ask that?"

"Well it's just..." The brunette stumbled on her words, looking away with a blush on her face, putting a hand on her face, "I've been...I mean, I-I..." She sighed and stopped her rambling. "It's just, a few days ago some jerk at work made a very rude comment about my...weight." She confessed. "And I guess it kinda, got to me."

"What..." He said coldly, his fists clenching to the brink of whiteness.

Rex felt his blood boiling in a burning rage, so that's the reason of her strange behavior? Some punk dares to upset the cutest and most sweetest person he knows.

"Look it's no big deal, I'm used to this kinda thing, been dealing with it my whole life." She frowned and hugged herself, Rex frowned and then hugged Emily.

No one should have to feel like that, he honestly didn't understand it himself but still.

"Oh, Emmy-bear, I'm sorry you feel like that. You shouldn't let those pricks talk down to you like that. I can assure you that you're as beautiful as the day I met you." He said.

Emily fell silent, looking down to her feet. "You're just saying that to make me feel better." He turned her around and tilted her chin up to look him in the eyes.

"No, I'm not," He stared at her intensely. "Emily Jane Brickowski. You. Are. Beautiful, and if you don't believe me when I say that, then I'll call you pretty, cute, stunning, sexy, and any other cheesy romantic movie quotes to make you believe me."

"Rex..." Emily looked at the older male, a small, weak, but warm smile forming on her lips, her face now a deep red blush.

"I think you're beautiful just the way you are, and I would never change it for the better." He cupped her cheek, which she leaned against his touch. "You're too sweet for this world, and that's sweetness of yours is why I...like you."

"Aww, I like you too Rex." She smiled brightly.

Oh, that smile, that beautiful smile that he loves seeing so much. It was the very reason he had feelings for her.

Rex drew in a deep nervous breath, little beads of sweat began to drip and his heart racing. "Uh, Em?"

"Yeah Rex?"

'C'mon man! Just do it, what's the worse can happen!?' He leans in closer, glancing at her luscious lips.

"Uh...I was...wondering...Um...?" The both of them were so close that their lips were only centimeters away. However, the duo was cut short when the song 'Can't Help Falling In Love With You' resounded over the loudspeakers of his ship.

"What the?"

Rex went outside and saw his fellow raptors watching him from the main hanger. The little dinosaurs made kissing gesture with their snouts.

"Thought we set the mood!"

"Go boss!"

"Did you tell her how you feel yet?"

Rex scowled In anger, his face flushed with red from anger and embarrassment. "Thank you for nothing, you useless reptiles!"

Emily promptly burst out laughing. She had no clue to what there saying but judging on the shocked expression on the raptor trainer's face it must be something hilarious! But then, as the shock faded, Rex looked ready to burst into tears.

Emily immediately softened. "Thanks Rex, I needed that." She leaned forward and kissed his cheek before heading back inside. Rex touched his cheek and smiled, feeling his heart racing again.

"Man I'm good.."

"She kissed you!"

"Go boss!"

"Is she gonna be our new mommy?"

Rex just groaned and facepalmed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day At the construction site, the same jerk from work was in the middle of talking to another co-worker. "So then I told her, "Girl if you're not going to change then—" Suddenly, one of the construction worker felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Ahem, Excuse me?"

"Yeah?" Asked the young man as he turned and before his eyes could register what they were seeing, a fist came flying to his face.

BLAM!!!

The guy was punched so hard he was sent flying, Rex who was lurking over the guy, an angry look on his face and cracking his fists. "So...you're the punk who made my girl cry, huh?"

A/N: "Everything is Awesome" might be a bit off schedule due to me being a lazy-ass, and other stories that I need to finish.

So enjoy these in the meanwhile until I update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 248 14
Rex Dangervest was a villain set on the destruction of the universe he once saved. His timeline was thought to have vanished along with him, but tha...
260K 6K 30
She was abandoned.....betrayed, and hurt by the one she thought she loved Well Harley isn't mr.j's girl anymore After she left the clown prince of...
229K 3.7K 19
Long after Fang was rejected by Tigress, he became China's greatest assassin. As an assassin, they are known to be sneaky troublemakers. But him, he...