timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... More

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
011. mayhem
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
033. hopeless
034. cradle to grave
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
073. hope
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
075. true genius
076. snake eyes
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
092. perennials
093. zugzwang
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

035. the performer

427 16 4
By maybankwalker

"The latest victim is Tara Farris, 20. She's the third victim in two weeks. All found on freeway off ramps by commuters." JJ says while she hands out the files.

"Well, he's not hiding them." Hotch says.

"An L.A. freeway during morning rush hour? He wants them found." Rossi says.

"Quickly." Derek adds.

"Well, they're still dressed. That minimizes the shock value." Emily says.

"Maybe he's concerned for them." Spencer says. "Think he wants them taken care of?"

"No signs of sexual assault on any of the victims." JJ says.

"Look how pale she is." Rossi says.

"All of them were severely hypovolemic. Tara had less than a pint of blood in her." JJ says.

"Look at this. The first two had more than three pints each." Spencer says. "If exsanguination is the goal, the unsub is definitely becoming more proficient."

"This is new. Tara's the only victim to have a written message." JJ says, showing the photo of Tara's arm.

""The liar."" Hotch reds.

""The" liar. That's strange, isn't it? Not a liar or just liar." Emily says.

"So what did you lie about, Tara?" Derek wonders.

All of the victims appear to have been strangled and then bled out through identical wounds in the throat." JJ says.

"Wait-- seriously, are those supposed to be fang marks?" Emily asks.

"All of the wounds on the victims were covered in saliva. Human saliva, as though--" JJ says.

"Someone drank their blood." Spencer says and JJ nods.

+++

They're on the jet and Rossi and JJ are sitting next to each other with Emily and Hotch across from them. Spencer and Bedelia are on the couch and Derek sits on the other side of Bedelia after getting a cup of coffee.

"So they've already set up a task force in Los Angeles." JJ says.

"This isn't their first serial case." Rossi says.

"You remember Detective Owen Kim?" JJ asks everybody but Rossi, Bedelia, and Emily.

"From the stalker case." Hotch says.

"You remember that case, don't you, Spence?" JJ teases.

"I do remember that case." Spencer says, awkwardly nodding.

"Yeah, you ever talk to, um, what, Lila anymore?" JJ asks.

"You know, I think we should probably focus on this case right now. It's a little more pertinent." Spencer says.

"Who?" Bedelia asks.

"No-nobody." Spencer stammers, gulping. "Morgan?"

"All right, tell us about blood drinkers, Reid." Derek says, hiding his amused smile.

"Yeah. Yep." Spencer nods. "Human blood consumption, or clinical vampirism, is known as Renfield's Syndrome. Named after the insect eating character in Bram Stoker's novel "Dracula."" He smiles.

"Are they sadists?" Emily asks.

"Not necessarily. Pain to the victim is usually only a byproduct. Blood is the focus." Spencer says. "Renfield's Syndrome is usually accompanied by varying levels of schizophrenia and occasionally more classic cannibalism if the condition evolves."

"Classic cannibalism." Rossi says. "Lovely job we have."

"I will say this -- true cases are exceedingly rare." Spencer says.

"That's comforting. Sort of." JJ says.

"Renfield's may be rare, but vampires are anything but." Penelope says. "And there's a huge subculture in Los Angeles of the red drinking undead."

"Why is that not a surprise?" Rossi questions. Penelope shows them pictures of different people.

"Garcia, all these people drink blood?" Derek asks.

"Au contraire. They mostly just dress up like Prentiss did in high school and they make believe. It's all kind of delicious." Penelope says and Bedelia snorts at the high school comment.

"It's not the same thing at all. As a matter of fact, we should refer to this unsub as a vampirist, not a vampire. And they would be attracted to the subculture merely for its professed worship of blood." Spencer says.

"Okay, I'm going to continue spelunking through the various online sites, see if anything jumps up and bites me." Penelope says.

"Thanks, baby g--" Derek stops himself, sighing. "Thanks, Penelope. Stay close."

"Yes, sir. Garcia out." She hangs up.

"You guys, one more thing -- vampirists are coveters. They most generally always have some sort of relationship with the victim, even if it's tangential. And they're likely to become obsessed. They've almost certainly crossed paths in some way."

+++

"Hi, Lieutenant Kim. Agent Jareau." She greets.

"JJ, of course. I remember most of you." Owen says. "Agent Hotchner. Reid. Morgan." He shakes each of their hands. "Welcome back to the left coast."

"These are agents Prentiss, Davis, and Rossi. I believe they're new to you." Hotch says.

"Hi." He shakes Emily's hand. "Pleasure." He shakes Rossi's hand and then Bedelia's. "We already have a room set up full of glass boards, case files, and extremely bad coffee." He says, leading them to a room.

"We've worked with a lot less." Emily says.

"Agent Morgan's in charge now. It's his show." Hotch informs. Owen looks between the two. "Long story."

"I know you like to start with the freshest information and work your way back. So Tara's apartment has been processed and sealed in case you want to go there. And her body, along with that of the first two girls, is at the morgue with an M.E. waiting there for your call."

"All right. JJ, Davis, get set up here, and then hook up with Garcia. Send her the witness information so she can start cross-referencing with the first two victims. Reid, I want you to go through all the case files, set up a preliminary profile based on what you already know about the psychopathology. And the rest of us, let's find out what we can on Tara."

+++

"So we're looking for a connection between the witnesses." JJ says.

"When vampirists become obsessed, they aren't likely to find a random victim. If we can find a cross relationship, someone in all the victims' lives, that'll be incredible helpful." Spencer says.

"Gina King knew Tara the longest. They apparently had some classes together." JJ says.

"Let's get all the information we can on that relationship. As a matter of fact, get me everything you can on all of Tara's friends." Spencer says.

"All right. In the morning I'll track them down and do some follow-up." JJ says.

"That's fine." Spencer says.

+++

Spencer goes over to the door when there's a knock on it. He opens it, eyes widening at Bedelia standing there with a copy of the magazine that has him and Lila on the cover.

"Spencer Reid and Lila Archer. Opposites really do attract, huh?" Bedelia remarks, a small smirk on her face.

"Wh-- ho-how'd you find that?" Spencer asks.

"You're both super easy to Google." Bedelia states.

"You Googled me?" Spencer's eyebrows furrow.

"And her." Bedelia nods. "So... you still talk to her?"

"No. No, I haven't talked to her since... since then, actually." Spencer says.

"Really?" Bedelia asks.

"Yeah. It just... it was a fleeting moment relationship." Spencer says.

"So, uh... you don't have anything of hers or anything? Any unresolved feelings?"

"No." Spencer shakes his head. "I, uh... I did use to have a copy of the magazine, but... but I threw it out a while ago."

"Why?" Bedelia asks.

"I, uh... I don't know." Spencer shrugs, giving her his usual smile. "Just... got over it, I guess."

"Got it." Bedelia nods. "Well, questions are answered. See you in the morning." She retreats back to her room.

+++

It's the next day and Bedelia, JJ, and Spencer are at the station and working. The news is on, reporting about the bodies.

"So much for keeping it out of the media." JJ remarks. "Penelope?"

"Are we in yet?" She asks.

"All yours." JJ says.

"I always feel skeevy going through someone's life like this." Penelope says.

"Okay, so everything looks like it's password protected, so you might not even be able to... you're in already, aren't you?"

"The password was Cullen." Penelope says.

"Of course." JJ mutters.

"Colon?" Spencer asks.

"Cullen." JJ corrects. "The vampire family from Twilight."

"What's Twilight?" Spencer asks.

"Do you ever read anything other than technical books?" JJ asks.

"Not much in English." Both Spencer and Bedelia answer. JJ raises her eyebrows at the two, smirking.

"And, uh... you know what he reads?" JJ questions her friend.

"Yeah. What, am I the only one listening to his rambles that make zero sense?" Bedelia wonders.

"Wh-- you said you listened." Spencer frowns.

"I do. That's why I know they make zero sense to me." Bedelia says.

"Okay, I'll see what I can dredge." Penelope says, sharing a look with JJ. "My love is strong."

"Okay, thanks." JJ says, hanging up. "How's the profile coming?"

"I don't know. I never really feel ready, you know?" Spencer says.

"It'll be fine." JJ assures.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go talk to Tara's BFF." Bedelia says, getting up.

"Before media goes crazy. Smart." JJ comments. "Want me to come with?"

"No, I'm good." Bedelia tells her and the blonde nods.

"What's a BFF?" Spencer asks. JJ looks at Bedelia who hides her small smile.

"Best friend forever." JJ says.

"Should I go with you?" Spencer asks the brunette.

"No. You have to deliver the profile." Bedelia says.

"I should really work on it a little more." Spencer says.

"Spencer." Bedelia gives him a look and grabs his phone.

"What-- what are you doing with my phone?" Spencer asks, watching her click a button. "Delia?" His voice is meek as she puts the phone to her ear.

"Derek, hey, um," Spencer motions for her to stop, "Spencer's ready for the profile." Bedelia states. "Why, yes, he is right here." She grins as she hands Spencer the phone, the man reluctantly taking it.

"Thanks." He whispers.

"I'll be back in a bit." Bedelia says.

+++

Bedelia gets outside of Gina's house and gets out of the car, taking her phone out when it rings and she answers it.

"Hey. What's going on?" She asks.

"The possible suspect's some sort of rock and roll star." Spencer says.

"Seriously?" Bedelia asks.

"Yeah. A lot of it doesn't fit the profile, though." Spencer says.

"Okay, uh... well, I'm here at Gina's house, so I'll get some info and then be back." Bedelia says.

"Great. Thank you so much." Spencer hangs up.

Bedelia knocks on the door and Gina answers it.

"Don't do that. Grandma's asleep. She's gonna wake up." Gina says. "So you have to stop it. I need to go to the yard." She walks off.

"Gina." Bedelia calls, going inside and she shuts the door. Gina mutters to herself as she walks through the house. "Gina. Gina. I'm with the--" She loses her in the house full of stuff. "FBI." She looks around at everything. "Should be on an episode of Hoarders." She mumbles.

Bedelia gets outside to the yard.

"Gina." She calls. "Gina. Gina. My name is Bedelia Davis. Gina, where'd you go?" She asks as she walks through the yard. She walks up to a part of the yard where glass windows are the walls. Gina is inside and putting containers of blood into coolers.

"Gina." Bedelia calls, getting her gun out. "Gina, put the blood down." She orders, starting to raise her gun. Before she gets too far, she feels a sharp pain in the back of her head, and then darkness as she crashes to the ground.

Bedelia starts to wake up, her head pounding and everything seeming much louder than usual, it all echoing in her skull. Her vision is blurry as she tries to make out Gina and a guy by the coolers and the guy is talking to Gina. She hears something and sees her phone ringing making her head hurt even more.

She slowly manages to get up and grabs her gun. She stays low as she does her best to move around before Gina and the guy notice.

"Just one..." Gina asks.

"Just one more. And then yourself. Just like he promised."

"Just one... okay." Gina says. The guy grabs the small object that has the small blade at the end.

"Just one. Last one. Take it. Go on. Take it, take it, take it." Gina takes the pick. "Beautiful." He looks over at where Bedelia was, but finds the spot empty. "Where'd she--" Bedelia hits him in the back of the head making him fall to the ground.

"Don't move." Bedelia orders, hunched over as she aims her gun at Gina. "Hey!" She calls as Gina kneels next to the guy and laughs.

"Bedelia!" Derek calls.

"Bedelia! Davis!" Hotch yells.

"In the back!" Bedelia calls back, wincing at the pain in her head.

"Mine. This is mine. It's mine. You can't have it. Go away. Just go away." Gina tells her, throwing wood chips at her.

Rossi and Derek stay out of the area, aiming their guns at Gina. Emily and Rossi rush over to Bedelia.

"B." Emily helps her up, leading her away while Rossi aims his gun at Gina. "You okay?" She quietly asks.

"Why are you still yelling?" Bedelia whispers.

"That answers that." Emily mutters under her breath.

"Show me your hands! Don't move! Let me see your hands!" Rossi yells.

"No, it's okay. It's okay." Gina says.

"Get your hands clear!" Rossi orders as Hotch walks in. He nods at Hotch who grabs Gina.

"No, no, no, no, no, no. No, the blood is going bad. No, please don't. No!" She cries as Hotch drags her off.

"Are you armed?" Derek asks.

"No, no, no." The manager answers.

"Go, go." Derek says and Owen lifts the manager to his feet, dragging him out.

"Hey, I got nothing to do with this. Hey, it's not me. It's the chick." He says.

+++

They're on the jet on the way back home and Bedelia is curled up on the couch, holding an ice pack to her head.

"Hey, do you guys think Davies will continue to perform as Dante?" Spencer asks as he picks out a blanket for the concussed brunette.

"The character's probably responsible for the murder of four women." Emily says, giving Bedelia a water bottle. "If he has any conscience at all, Dante died with them." Hotch hands Bedelia a bottle of pills.

"Thanks." Bedelia mumbles.

"Are you okay?" Emily asks, giving the woman a concerned look.

"I'm fine. You guys just seem... a lot louder than usual." Bedelia says, wincing.

"I feel so bad I didn't go with you to interview Gina." Spencer says, draping the blanket over Bedelia's lap.

"Yeah, well, don't." Bedelia tells him. "We had no way of knowing that she was gonna be dangerous. She was just the friend of a victim." She says while Spencer sits by her feet.

"Granted, a schizophrenic friend with a sociopathic partner." JJ adds.

"And a shovel." Emily adds, smiling a little.

"Shovels should go extinct." Bedelia grumbles making Emily smirk.

"Seriously, Reid, we had no way of knowing that Gina had that type of anger inside of her." Derek says.

"Yeah, but she was obsessed with Dante. I should have known that that level of fixation can lead to manipulation." Spencer says.

Bedelia gently nudges Spencer's hip with her foot making him look at her. She ignores the pain as she slightly shakes her head, silently telling him to not obsess over it.

"But only when the fixation's coupled with schizophrenia, which we had no way of knowing." Hotch says.

"Still it never ceases to amaze me how dark obsession can get." Emily says.

"And with a pop star? I mean, I was obsessed with the Rat Pack, but I wouldn't have killed for Frank or Dean." Rossi says.

"No, you just drank whiskey and smoked cigars." Hotch remarks.

"Oh, and this from the man who's favorite record is The Beatles' White Album." Rossi retorts.

"Just because Manson hijacked it doesn't have to ruin it for the rest of us." Hotch says.

Bedelia smiles in amusement at the two.

"That's why I stick to Beethoven. There's no chance of guilt by association." Spencer says. The group share looks.

"Well, yeah. Have you--" Emily chuckles. "Have you ever seen a movie called A Clockwork Orange?" She asks.

Spencer thinks for a moment before shaking his head. The others all laugh a bit.

+++

"Reid, I'm serious, I'm fine." Bedelia groans as he follows her into her apartment.

"Sleeping with concussions can be dangerous." Spencer states.

"The doctor cleared me." Bedelia says.

"Still." Spencer says.

"So, what? Are you gonna stay up all night and stare at me?" Bedelia questions, turning to him.

"If it keeps you alive, yeah." Spencer whispers and nods.

"That's super creepy." Bedelia whispers back.

"Won't be creepy when it saves your life." Spencer points out.

"Spencer, I am fine." Bedelia promises, the two keeping their voices in whispers.

"I'm not leaving." Spencer declares. "You didn't leave me alone the first three months of my knee injury, I'm not leaving you alone until you're completely healed. So, about two weeks, probably."

"Am I this annoying?" Bedelia questions.

"Annoying's a rude way to put it. I'd say, uh... caring. Attentive." Spencer says.

"Why are we whispering?" She asks.

"Because I know your head really hurts." Spencer whispers back.

Bedelia ignores the quick warmth in her heart, quickly masking any emotion.

"Thank you." She whispers and Spencer nods. "Anyways, whatever. Do what you want. I'm taking a shower."

"Yell if you fall." Spencer says.

"I'm fine." Bedelia repeats, going to her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 69 23
-Sometimes the odds just aren't in your favour- *I don't own any of the criminal minds character* *will and JJ aren't together and henry is nonexiste...
284K 5.7K 38
Spencer is missing and it's up to the BAU to get him back. But when her and the team digs up information on him they weren't meant to see, it turns h...
25.3K 736 30
[ criminal minds -- seasons 12-15 ] Molly Wheeler Series: Willow I DO NOT own Criminal minds, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY own...
747K 19.7K 41
━━━━ 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑 〝 you know, your brain actually begins to deteriorate by age twenty-seven. 〞 〝 you must be...