timeless, spencer reid [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ criminal minds -- seasons 3-9 ] Bedelia Davis Series: Timeless I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show... More

cast
001. new members
002. how a team works
003. chili
004. penelope
005. birthright
006. 3rd life
007. damaged
008. elephant's memory
009. in heat
010. lo-fi
011. mayhem
012. the angel maker
013. minimal loss
014. paradise
015. catching out
016. the instincts
017. memoriam
018. masterpiece
019. 52 pickup
020. normal
021. bloodline
022. pleasure is my business
023. demonology
024. omnivore
025. house on fire
026. conflicted
027. a shade of gray
028. amplification
029. to hell... and back
030. nameless, faceless
031. haunted
032. reckoner
034. cradle to grave
035. the performer
036. 100
037. the slave of duty
038. the uncanny valley
039. risky business
040. mosley lane
041. solitary man
042. a rite of passage
043. ... a thousand words
044. exit wounds
045. the internet is forever
046. our darkest hour
047. the longest night
048. jj
049. remembrance of things past
050. compromising positions
051. devil's night
052. middle man
053. reflection of desire
054. what happens at home...
055. 25 to life
056. corazon
057. sense memory
058. today i do
059. coda
060. valhalla
061. lauren
062. with friends like these...
063. hanley waters
064. the stranger
065. supply and demand
066. it takes a village
067. proof
068. dorado falls
069. painless
070. from childhood's hour
071. epilogue
072. there's no place like home
073. hope
074. self-fulfilling prophecy
075. true genius
076. snake eyes
077. bedelia
078. a family affair
079. i love you, tommy brown
080. foundation
081. heathridge manor
082. the company
083. hit and run
084. the silencer
085. the pact
086. through the looking glass
087. god complex
088. the good earth
089. the apprenticeship
090. the wheels on the bus
091. the lesson
092. perennials
093. zugzwang
094. time off
095. all that remains
096. carbon copy
097. the gathering
098. restoration
099. #6
100. brothers hotchner
101. the replicator
102. the inspiration
103. the inspired
104. final shot
105. to bear witness
106. route 66
107. in the blood
108. gatekeeper
109. the return
110. the caller
111. baby
112. maternity leave
113. bully
114. the black queen
115. the road home
116. 200
117. mr. & mrs. anderson
118. gabby
119. persuasion
120. rabid
121. blood relations
122. angels
123. demons
124. wedding
book two

033. hopeless

447 16 2
By maybankwalker

"Detective Andrews? Hi. Jennifer Jareau. These are Agents Rossi, Morgan, Hotchner, Prentiss, Davis, and Dr. Reid." JJ introduces.

"Thanks for getting here so fast." Andrews says.

"What can you tell us?" Rossi asks.

"Looks like one of the victims was attacked when he got out of his car. Meaning whoever did this probably used his keys to get inside and surprise the other victims." Andrews informs.

"Who found the bodies?" Derek asks.

"The cleaning woman. She's giving her statement." Andrews points her out.

"Dave, would you, Morgan, and Prentiss go inside. We'll cover out here." Hotch says. The three go for the house.

"I know you're all used to this, but, uh... it's a hell of a sight in there." Andrews warns.

~ ~ ~

"The neighbors see anything?" JJ asks.

"Oh, you know, the patrol cars are even doubled in this area because of the  vandalism -- nothing." Andrews says.

"The unsubs would have to be extremely fast and efficient." Spencer says.

"Look at this, there's a pool of  blood here and then drops as the victim moves toward the door." Hotch says. "How big was the victim?"

"6'1", 6'2". Why?" Andrews asks.

"Well, if he was strong enough to move under his own power, you'd expect signs of a struggle." Hotch says. "And if not, there's most likely be drag marks."

"He was carried." Bedelia says.

"That's a lot of dead weight for one person to move alone." Hotch says.

"There's no pool of blood on the porch which means they didn't have to set him down to open the door." Spencer says.

+++

"September 3rd, 15 luxury cars had their windows smashed. September 14th, a new upscale clothing boutique was vandalized. September 24th, two different restaurants, both catering to a wealthy clientele, had their front windows smashed and their interiors torn apart and finally, October 1st, a newly renovated townhome was ransacked before the family could move in." JJ says.

"So they went from attacking public property to a private residence, but no victim." Emily says.

"The question is, what makes them move from that... to this?" Hotch inquires.

"The vandalism targets were all symbols of the neighborhood's changing makeup and economy. Maybe there's something specific about these victims that set the unsubs off." Derek says.

"I've spoken to the victims' family members. They've agreed to come in and help however they can." JJ says.

"Garcia, check social networking sites. See if these unsubs have coordinated these attacks online." Hotch instructs.

"If they dare tweet, I shall flush them out like a bird dog, sir." Penelope says.

"We need to be asking how these unsubs manage to not stand out in this neighborhood." Rossi says.

"Each of these crime scene locations are a representation of new wealth and status, but the area surrounding the crime scenes are still populated by long time residents who are slowly being pushed out." Spencer says.

"That's a lot of disenfranchised people who are all part of the neighborhood makeup. Most likely these unsubs don't stand out because they're probably local themselves." Derek says.

"I don't know. I'm with Rossi. I mean, anger, I get, but this much violence? We're looking at at least 3 men with an incredible amount of rage. Where do you hide that?" Emily questions.

+++

They get to the latest crime scene and get out of the car, the two bodies covered up and empty beer cans on the ground.

"Did anybody see anything?" Hotch asks.

"No, no, it's in the middle of the damn parking lot." Andrews says.

"What about the security cam?" JJ asks.

"It's only on the door." Andrews says.

"Who's the lady over there?" Derek points to the sobbing woman that's being comforted by a police officer.

"Manager. She discovered the bodies when she came by to open up for the breakfast crowd." Andrews explains.

"I'll go talk to her." JJ says, walking over to the woman.

"Any idea who the victims are?" Spencer asks.

"Judging by the driver's license, one of them's a waitress here. It says Jessica Miller and the other one's probably Doug Taylor."

"You can't tell for sure?" Derek asks.

"Honestly, you-- you can't make an I.D. by looking at them." Andrews says.

Derek crouches down and uncovers the sheet covering Jessica a bit. Bedelia immediately grimaces, looking away from the graphic sight as Derek covers her body back up.

"Hotch." Derek mutters.

Hotch goes over to Doug's body and uncovers the sheet a bit, soon putting it back down.

"They're definitely getting bolder. These kills were in public." Spencer says.

"If this is supposed to be about symbolism, it's not anymore." Derek says. "This is a blue collar restaurant, the victim is a waitress."

"There's no ideology behind this. It's about violence and power." Hotch says.

"They actually sat here and drank beer after the murder." Andrews says in disgust.

"They're telling us that they don't care." Bedelia says.

"They're like those outlaws that ride into town and let you know the only way to stop them is by killing them." Spencer says.

"If that's what they want, I know plenty of cops who'd be happy to oblige." Andrews sneers.

"Detective, we need to keep our heads." Hotch says.

"Meaning what?" Andrews asks.

"Meaning that this level of nihilism, this randomness, it can have a mirror impact." Hotch says.

"Are you warning me not to go after some kind of revenge?" Andrews questions.

"All I'm saying is this level of brutality is almost like a challenge from the unsubs trying to drag everyone down to their level. And it's a natural reaction." Hotch says.

"I'm just doing my job."

"Let's head back. We've got our profile."

+++

"I talked to the beat cops. They're getting word out to local businesses to keep an eye out for anyone who seems agitated by the news of last night's riot." JJ informs.

"By now, Andrews has to know that none of those kids are the unsubs." Rossi says.

"Then he's bound to beef up police presence in the southeast. We should be there, too." Hotch says. "The faster we can react, the more we can help."

"Do you think the unsubs know about the riot?" Penelope asks.

"Front page news. I don't know how they can't." Rossi says.

"And if the profile's right?" Penelope asks.

"Their reactions gonna be quick and it's gonna be brutal." Spencer says.

"Basically, it's like knowing that lightening is gonna strike but not being able to pinpoint where." Emily states.

+++

They finished the case and Spencer is at Bedelia's apartment. Bedelia got out of the shower a few minutes ago, just in time for the pizza to get there.

Spencer is sitting on the couch, his injured leg propped up by a couple of pillows. He opens the pizza box, setting the two plates down. He looks at the door, watching Bedelia quadruple check the door's locked.

"I don't think anybody's getting in." Spencer speaks up.

"We just worked the same case, right? We have the same job?" Bedelia questions.

"Yes. I'm just saying I-I think we're okay." Spencer tries to assure.

"Right." She mumbles.

"It's not like you have a stalker or anything. Nothing's happened so far, right?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah, so far." Bedelia grumbles.

"Delia." Spencer calls, the woman not moving away from the door. "Just... come eat, please. We didn't have time for lunch so I know you haven't had anything except that tiny protein bar you had at 4 AM."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." She sighs, walking over to the couch. She plops down by his feet, grabbing a couple slices and putting them on her plate. She frowns when she notices the mug.

"You're drinking coffee right now?" She questions.

"I didn't want water." Spencer shrugs.

"All you live off of is coffee. It's no wonder you're so skinny." She mutters.

"Ugh. Now you sound like my mom." Spencer grimaces.

"Well, maybe she knows what she's talking about." Bedelia remarks.

"I'm happy with my life, thank you." Spencer says.

"Hydration wouldn't kill you. It'd actually do the exact opposite." Bedelia says.

"Whatever." Spencer grumbles, pouting as if he's a toddler. Bedelia rolls her eyes, shaking her head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5.1K 95
[ criminal minds -- seasons 6-10 ] Madelyn Banks Series: How to Save a Life Surrender Start a Riot I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's cha...
197K 2.5K 13
(THESE ONESHOTS ARE STILL BY ME, MY ACCOUNT NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED SINCE I MADE THE COVER) So umm if you don't love criminal minds then you're just wr...
16.8K 245 22
When JJ is kidnapped and Emily comes back to help, and unbreakable bond forms. Will they get their happily ever after or will they fall apart? TW: ra...
393K 10.1K 89
[ criminal minds -- seasons 1-5 ] Madelyn Banks Series: How to Save a Life Surrender I DO NOT own Criminal Minds, any of the show's characters or sto...