I Corrupted The Good Male Pro...

By mysticalmerries

I possessed the friend of the male protagonist who suffers from an incurable disease. I just wanted to play a... More

A Fatal Flag as Soon as it Starts
A Fatal Flag as Soon as It Starts (2)
The Fatal Flag as Soon as it Starts (3)
A Fatal Flag as Soon as it Starts (5)

A Fatal Flag as Soon as it Starts (4)

6 0 0
By mysticalmerries

Irina followed me with a wide smile.

"Thank goodness. I'm glad to see my lady smiling. Now, it's time to take your medicine."

"Urk."

I suddenly felt nauseated. Instead of putting on my pajamas, I ran into the bedroom that was connected to the dressing room.

"Running away is useless, my lady!"

I unintentionally played tag with Irina. In the end, Irina was the winner.

I drank a tonic full of all kinds of sour, bad tasting, and bitter ingredients, and then fell on my bed. Afterwards, I lay around while eating a ton of chocolate.

Irina suggested that I should try embroidering if I was bored, but I cut her off and shook my head. I was the type of person who couldn't even thread a needle.

That night I had a strange dream. In my dream, I was with Adele against a backdrop of bright yellow rocks, a ravine with flowing, silvery streams, and a flowerbed of alluring pink hydrangeas in full bloom.

Adele wore a slightly clingy, white shirt and navy pants and his firm, sleek contours made me nervous. It seemed like he had been exercising regularly.

His hair, which looked like poured sunlight, appeared incredibly soft and the refreshing smile on his picturesque face struck my heart.

Adele lifted his hand up and carefully cupped my cheek. I watched Adele's mouth closely as it moved while forming words.

[Anastasia, shall we kiss?]

His voice was exceedingly sweet.

It was filled with undisguised affection.

[Actually, I can't bear it anymore because you're so lovely.]

S-stop!

I struggled to wake up from my dream.

I do not know if tightly closing my eyes and biting my tongue was effective, but, fortunately, I succeeded in waking up before Adele's lips touched mine. I got up and gasped.

"Huk... hah... What kind of a crazy dream was that?!"

My face was burning. What the heck, am I frustrated or something? Is it because the dream was too vivid?!

I sat on the bed while biting my nails. It almost seemed like I had unresolved feelings for him.

No! I'm ready to hand Adele to Olga at any time!

"... Seriously?"

The light of the dawn gently illuminated my bedroom. Of course, it would be impossible to fall asleep again.

"How annoying..."

Who cares about a relationship that begins with my death anyway?

I muttered under my breath in a sullen voice.

"Did you wake up, my lady? The master sent a letter."

Irina came in with a letter almost an hour after I had woken up, grabbed a random book, and started looking at it to avoid unnecessary thoughts.

Anastasia's family was now my family too, so I quickly grabbed the letter. The envelope was rather crumpled, as if it had crossed the sea.

I smiled. The time I have spent with this family has been short, but they've loved me generously.

Count Sinclair was a playful man to his children and the Countess, who became my mother, seemed strict, but was actually clumsy. My brother always made fun of me and was often scolded by our parents.

Anastasia's family was decidedly ordinary, unlike other aristocratic families that placed a high value on their public image.

It was such a pity that the original Anastasia maintained a consistently cold attitude.

I wanted to lessen my family's lingering regrets, even if only by a little, and it was my first time receiving such affection, so I made an effort to act as friendly as possible.

I carefully opened the envelope and unfolded the letter.

The content was relatively short.

[To my rival-like younger sister who is the prettiest and cutest in the world,

I have been hearing news of you through the butler. You must be in a lot of pain, but thank you for enduring it well.

I'm in northern Martinez now. Father and Mother went to the west and we decided to meet up after 15 days. I promise to return with good news.

P.S. I know that Lord Magnus is a person of impeccable character, but isn't he sticking to you too much?]

I was surprised that Adele was mentioned in the postscript.

Suddenly, the voice I heard in my dream came to mind.

"Anastasia, shall we kiss?"

Wait a minute, why am I feeling irritated like this?!

He is unaffected no matter what I do. Why is it just me?

It was totally unfair to just let it pass. It's like I have an unrequited crush on Adele. Even though that's completely wrong!

I just think Adele is handsome! His inflexible and stiff personality is a bit stifling and can be extremely frustrating, but I also can't help but think of him as cute...

That's why I want to tease him more...

"Why is your expression like that, miss?"

Irina gave me a very concerned look. I decided to take revenge on Adele for a second time.

For some reason it seemed completely unfair. I felt like I had become a bad person who covets someone else's man. I mean, let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

"Irina, can you put some makeup on me?"

My maid opened her eyes wide.

"You already have such heavenly beauty, is it necessary?"

You really know your stuff.

"I'm only asking for a little."

I smiled gently at Irina. Irina fell for my smile and began to decorate me, starting, as usual, by grooming my eyebrows.

The process of curling my eyelashes and painting my lips took longer than I expected.

While Irina was doing my makeup, Marin gathered my hair to the side and secured it with a large hair ornament that looked like a seashell.

My hair is extremely wavy, so Marine finished styling it in no time.

I put on a fluttery indoor dress and waited for Adele. It was a perfect outfit to enjoy tea time in.

Although the orange chiffon dress did not have any pattern or decoration on it, every time I moved, ruches formed that looked like flower petals.

Adele visited at the same time as yesterday. I called Adele to the terrace.

"Welcome, Adele."

For a moment he stood in front of the terrace, stuck like a fixture, but then he greeted me with a smile that was refreshing like a small bit of shade from a cloud on a sweltering July day.

"Good afternoon, Anastasia."

I liked Adele gazing at me. It wasn't completely obvious, but he was definitely looking at me longer than usual.

I spoke to Adele excitedly.

"I asked the chef to make the ginger cookies that you like. I'd be delighted if you enjoyed them."

Adele answered me in a polite tone.

"You didn't have to do that. Just seeing Anastasia's lively face is enough for me. But I'll gratefully accept the kindness you've given me today."

Adele sat across from me. The tea table wasn't big, so we could keep a reasonable distance apart.

I waited until Adele was about to pick up the cookie, then I stretched out my hand naturally while looking in another direction. My fingers brushed lightly against Adele's fingertips.

"Ah!"

When I pretended to be surprised, Adele hurriedly withdrew his hand.

"That was rude of me. Please have some first."

"No. You eat first."

I laughed softly. Anyone else would have immediately noticed my mischievousness, but I was sure that he would remain oblivious.

As my confidence grew, I decided to be a bit more aggressive.

"Adele's hands are incredibly pretty. Can I hold them?"

"My hands are hard and rough, but if that's what you want."

Adele innocently stretched his hand out. I put my palm in his hand.

I obviously acted due to my ulterior motives, but, for some reason, I started to feel flustered.

I had wanted to make Adele uncomfortable and embarrassed. Instead, it seemed like I was the one who became enthusiastically caught up in all of this.

"Your fingers are really long... straight and smooth."

I spoke honestly, without thinking. Adele smiled cautiously.

"I'm a bit embarrassed. Because I haven't been training enough, I get calluses, but they disappear quickly."

He was being humble when, in fact, he was actually a genius swordsman. I looked sideways at him.

"What about my hand?"

Adele thought for a moment before he spoke.

"It's very smooth. It feels small and delicate. I feel anxious because it seems like it would break with just a little force."

I laughed.

"I walked with you hand in hand yesterday, but you're anxious now?"

"I acted impulsively. I'm reflecting on it. Even though Anastasia is my friend, I shouldn't have thoughtlessly touched you if it made you even a little uncomfortable. I think Anastasia only took my hand because I reached out first. You probably regret it."

I tilted my head. Do you think holding hands will wear them out?

"Regret? No, I actually liked it."

Adele's jewel-like, red eyes shone with a mysterious glow.

"Really?"

"That's right."

Adele paused and then confessed, "I... I also liked it... because Anastasia was angry with me."

"Huh?"

"Other people are tolerant whenever I make mistakes. Maybe that's why I've become more arrogant. But you tried to correct my mistakes. I am deeply grateful for that."

His remark immediately dampened my spirits.

Adele wasn't even a little conscious of me.

There was no point in putting on makeup, wearing a bright dress, or even making light physical contact. It was all useless.

He wasn't looking at me as a woman. He was treating me like a human, like himself.

Suddenly, I felt like I was doused with cold water, so I pulled my hand back. I glared at Adele.

"Adele."

"Yes, Anastasia."

Without mincing words, I snapped at the uncomprehending Adele.

"You're annoying."

Adele apologized, not knowing what he had done wrong.

"I'm sorry. Did I say something wrong again?"

"Hmph!"

You're such a bad guy.

If this was what was going to happen, I shouldn't have said that I liked holding hands with you! I was hoping for something else!

Adele Magnus was thinking of Anastasia Sinclair of the past.

"Adele, you're a nice person. But you're making things difficult for me."

A month ago she had spoken to him with a weary face.

Anastasia cried often. While being pessimistic, she had declared that she knew she was going to die.

Adele, as an intellectual, tried to instill hope in her. However, her response was cold.

Anastasia took Adele's comfort as mockery.

Adele searched for the reason why he could not truly understand her by analyzing every word that she had hurled at him. However, it was too late.

"I wish you were mute! Don't say anything in front of me! You have everything, so you can't understand how I feel! How miserable and desperate I am now... You don't know anything!!"

Anastasia threw a flower vase at Adele. The vase that shattered against the wall seemed to represent Anastasia's broken heart.

"I'm sorry, Anastasia."

Those were the only words that came out of his mouth. Adele apologized until Anastasia got sick of it.

Translator: aurellicLady
Editor and PR: CAT & kino

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 237K 98
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
956K 86.3K 39
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 π‘πšπ­π‘π¨π«πž π†πžπ§'𝐬 π‹π¨π―πž π’πšπ πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
1M 91.8K 143
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.
769K 38.9K 35
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...