settle down [reus]

By marcinhoe

"sometimes you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time." © marcinhoe complet... More

prologue
eins: meeting marco
zwei: froyo + papz?
drei: bvb vs mainz 05
vier: the boys of dortmund
fünf: date night
sechs: sven's party [part one]
sieben: sven's party [part two]
acht: i'm not jealous
neun: movie night
zehn: brotherly advice
elf: marcinho vs sexydurm
zwölf: diner date
dreizehn: the photo shoot
vierzehn: the park
fünfzehn: pre-match talks
sechzehn: das finale
siebzehn: sober thoughts
achtzehn: realizations
neunzehn: late night piggybacks
zwanzig: 43'
zweiundzwanzig: i'm with you
dreiundzwanzig: summer holidays
vierundzwanzig: paris
fünfundzwanzig: the contract
sechsundzwanzig: first date
siebenundzwanzig: tour?
achtundzwanzig: falling for you
neunundzwanzig: whipped
dreißig: midnight
einunddreisßig: the aftermath
zweiunddreißig: telephone calls
dreiunddreißig: the interview
vierunddreißig: wildest dreams
epilogue: love, marco
author's note!
sequel

einundzwanzig: back in dortmund

6.5K 281 126
By marcinhoe

I leaned against the trolley with all Marco's and my stuff on it as I watched Marco saying goodbye to a few of his teammates. He was sort of leaning on Bastian as everyone walked towards him to give him a brief hug.

He was discharged from the hospital a few hours after the game finished yesterday and his leg was wrapped up in a cast and he was given crutches to support him as he walked.

The media was cooking up a storm with his injury and they were adding Marco to the pile of 'failed' footballers who were missing the World Cup due to injury this year.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Mario. We spent quite a lot of time in the hospital together yesterday. When Marco was getting his leg checked and wrapped up in the medical room, Mario and I went down to the hospital cafeteria and we...basically ate everything.

(The cashier was totally judging us.)

"Hey, Mia," he said, pulling me into a tight hug. "Take care of my boo, okay?" he smirked. 

I pulled away from him and nodded, "How sweet, of course I will."

He stared at me with a stupid grin on his face for a while before bursting out into laughter. "Mia, you know I know about the deal right?" he chuckled.

I looked at him dumbfounded - he spent the entire day yesterday treating me like I was Marco's real girlfriend and now he was telling me that he knew.

"Then why the hell did you just tell me now? Do you know how exhausting it is to lie all day?" I groaned. 

He shrugged and threw his arm around me, "I just wanted to see the process behind the scenes, and you're a terrible liar. Stop stuttering and waving your arms around."

I gasped and jabbed his side, making him squeal and move away from me. "I have endorsements for this body! Endorsements! Don't hurt it." He whined jokingly, running his hand up and down his chest.

I rolled my eyes at him and jabbed him one more time. "Mia, you ready to go?" I heard Marco's strained voice call for me. I looked over at him who was now leaning on Sami instead of Bastian.

"Yeah, hold on." I said, starting to push the trolley of stuff towards Marco who was saying a few more things to Sami and Philipp.

"I'll see you around, okay? You have my number, keep me updated on everything!" Mario squealed in a girly tone, kicking his legs up. 

"Of course, Mario. Good luck in the World Cup!" I said before giving him one last hug.

I waved goodbye to all the other players who waved back cheerily at me. Marco and I were about to enter the gate when I heard Mario shouting at me, "I mean it, Mia! You do make my boo happy!"

-

"I really don't want to leave you alone by yourself, Marco. I can just stay downstairs while you nap and everything." I told Marco as he sat on his couch.

He looked up at me and raised his eyebrow, "Aren't you going to go home and illegally stream movies on your laptop instead?" he joked.

You can count on Marco to joke around when he has one and a half legs.

"Illegally streaming movies can wait, I can stay here if you want. What if you fall off the couch and can't get back on it? What if you want water and can't get it?"

He rolled his eyes, "I'll be fine, Mia. You've done enough for me already, just go home and rest."

I was hesitant to leave him alone but I knew that he needed time to himself to get adjusted to his injury.

"Alright, call me if you need anything, okay? I'll be right here." I said, grabbing my keys and phone from the table. He nodded and thanked me before pulling the blanket over himself.

-

It was around 8:30 PM when my phone vibrated madly on the table. I grabbed it to see Marco's name and face on the screen.

I panicked a little bit before quickly answering the call and pressing the phone to my ear, already grabbing my keys.

"Did you fall off? I knew this would happen!" I yelled into the phone. He just chuckled on the other end, "I actually didn't fall off but I'm hungry and I'm getting kind of bored of instant noodles. Can you come over? Bring food and movies please!"

I was about to remind him that he needed to be in full fitness when I quickly remembered...

"Yeah, sure. What do you feel like tonight?"

"Uh...Chinese."

"'Kay, I'll be there in a few."

-

Honestly, when I walked into Marco's house, I expected him to be on the floor half-dead but I actually just saw him leaning against the table in his kitchen with a glass of water in his hand.

"I brought happiness." I said, holding the plastic bag of food up. He smiled and hobbled on one foot back to the couch and collapsed on it. 

"Did you bring movies?" he asked happily. "Yes, all three of the High School Musical series." I said, holding up the movies in my hand.

His smile quickly dropped and he shot me a bored glare. He whined and grabbed chopsticks from the plastic bag, "Why?"

"Because it's fun," I grinned, opening the casing of the DVD to get the first one out, "And because Zac Efron's in it." I giggled mischievously before popping the DVD into Marco's DVD player.

He let out a soft groan when the movie started but he didn't say anything after that. I sat down next to him and grabbed my food before digging in to it.

Throughout the movie, Marco kept quiet except for the soft comments and insults here and there and whenever I turned to look at him, he looked really interested.

It's definitely the Zac Efron Effect.

After I put in the 2nd movie, Marco gave up on giving me breathing space and he was now completely leaning against me and using the injured excuse on me when I told him to 'get your ass of me'.

During Gabriella and Troy's very touching song argument (I know you know which one), Marco let out a stifled groan.

I turned to look at him to see him trying to adjust with his injured leg and everything.

"D'you mind?" he rasped out.

Was that my cue to leave?

"Oh, sorry." I said, moving to get up to leave when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down on the couch. "I didn't mean leave, Mia. Don't go." He chuckled before pointing at my lap.

I was confused to what he meant until I finally understood, "Oh, right, okay. Go ahead." I chuckled nervously, my nerves acting up as Marco laid back down, keeping his head on my lap.

I awkwardly kept my hands to my sides, not knowing what to do with them when I decided - again - to just go with it.

I wound up threading my fingers through his hair slowly and kept my other hand rested on his hip.

"You know I don't like it when people touch my hair, right?"

"Oh shit, sorry." I said, quickly pulling my hand away from his hair.

He let out a throaty laugh and turned to look at me, "It's fine, I like it when you do it."

I blushed and threaded my fingers through his blonde hair again, earning a content sigh from him, which sent me into overdrive.

So that was how I ended my night, with Marco Reus sleeping on my lap and Zac Efron singing his brains out on the TV.

//

i thought this was cute and kinda awkward but moving on

high school musical is my ultimate childhood movie i love it so much gbu zac efron and vanessa hudgens

(+) you guys can still vote for settle down for the footy awards if you like this story :) just comment #footyawardsstoryline in the comments below if you want to :)

i hope u guys liked this chapter :) comment telling me what you thought <3

happy reading lovelies!xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 849 16
COMPLETED | ❝Think about what you believe in now, am I someone you cannot live without?❞
92K 3.9K 40
dortmund, nazi germany; ww2. how did two nazi soldiers find themselves in love with a jew? (completed) (RE-EDITING, 2020)
72.3K 2.1K 15
in which marco reus falls head over heels in love with a woman whose skin is much darker than his. (completed in 2016, CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN in 2...