Drarry - My Savior

By writer_janvi

What happens when you save your childhood enemy who was said to be dead a year back? What happens when you se... More

Writer's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 21

77 5 3
By writer_janvi

Writer's Pov.

Next day. 

Grimmauld place.

Draco opened his eyes and felt warm and content. He smiled as he knew he was in Harry's arms because only his presence could make him feel this way. He loved the warmth, the sense of security Harry could give him.

After his past, he was sure he wouldn't allow anyone near him but he was wrong. He allowed Harry and he was happy with his decision. It's been three months since he lived with Harry in his house and he loved every second of it. He was still scared of many things, he still goes through frequent breakdowns but he allowed Harry near him during those vulnerable conditions because he knew Harry would never harm him.

Draco opened his eyes and looked at the person who was the sole reason for his happiness, his savior, the reason he was still alive, who loved him and even accepted his child.

His right palm cupped his small baby bump and a smile wrapped around his face. He kissed Harry's temple, slowly entangled himself, and walked upstairs to their room. He took a quick bath and thought to do something for Harry. He walked downstairs and thought to make breakfast for them. He was not a good cook but could make some eggs, toast, and tea.

He walked into the kitchen and immediately started making eggs. He didn't want to be caught by Kreatcher because he won't let him cook. Kreatcher was very protective towards Draco even more than Harry maybe because of the baby.

He made some omelet, even scrambled eggs, toast, and tea within half an hour and smiled at his achievement.

The achievement was not to be caught by Kreatcher.

He plated out everything and turned around only to see Kreatcher looking at him suspiciously.

"You scared me, Kreatcher." Draco gasped loudly.

"Apologies Master. Is what Master doing in the kitchen?" Kreacher asked.

"I was just making some breakfast for Harry and myself. I have even made some for you, Kreatcher." Draco said with a smile.

"This my duty, Master. Why is you doing it?"

"I can cook sometimes. I am pregnant not dying." Draco said, rolling his eyes. He took the tray and walked into the Den.

He saw Harry sitting on the bed with half-closed eyes while patting the Draco's side of the bed.

"Draco?" He called out his name still patting the other side of the bed.

"Good morning, Harry." Draco wished and sat in front of him while keeping the tray aside on the bed.

"Is everything okay, love? Why are you already up?" Harry asked then looked at the clock and saw it was already 9 am. "Oh, I am late. Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Because I wanted to make breakfast for us," Draco said with a smile.

Harry smiled and looked at the tray of food.

"Sorry, I only know how to make eggs, toast, and tea. I will learn how to cook other things as well." Draco said the last line because of his insecurity as Harry was a good cook and he didn't want to let him down.

"You don't have to learn if you don't like cooking. I already know how to cook also we even have Kreatcher for help. So your work is to sit on the counter and look pretty for me." Harry said to which Draco got a little pink on his face.

A few nights back, Harry decided to cook dinner for them and had to practically fight Kreatcher out of the kitchen. Draco tried to help but he knew nothing about cooking so Harry picked him up, sat him on the counter, and asked him to look pretty for him. Draco got angry for the first few minutes at the denial of help but then he did what he was asked to do. That was to look pretty.

"Let's eat?" Harry asked and Draco nodded in yes. They ate their breakfast together with some necessary teasing and blushing.

"I loved it," Harry said. "It was tasty."

"Don't lie, it was nothing in comparison with your food."

"But who is comparing here? I loved your food. That's it, end of discussion. Also, why did you work? You are pregnant, you have to take rest...." Harry was cut inbetween by Draco.

"Potter, I am pregnant not dying," Draco said rolling his eyes.

"Healers have told you need rest." Harry tried to argue.

"And I rest almost 16-17 hours a day which is more than enough. And to be honest I am bored now. I need to go out, except Malfoy Manor. I need to do something except reading or sketching or painting."

Harry looked at him, Draco was right, anyone would get bored if they kept doing the same things for the last three months. He needed some fresh air, needed some change.

"I will talk with your healer. If she agrees, then we can increase your activity level go somewhere." Harry said.

"Really?" Draco asked excitedly.

"Only if she agrees. I can't take any risk with your health."

"Of course. Thank you so much, Harry." Draco hugged him tightly and then pecked his lips in happiness. He moved a little away and looked into Harry's eyes. He took deep breaths, closed his eyes, and kept his lips on Harry's. Harry's arms wrapped around him and he slowly pulled Draco near him as they were a little away from each other.

Draco started sucking his lips and Harry did the same. They kissed each other for a minute before breaking it and Draco kept his head on his chest while taking some deep breaths. Harry also took a deep breath and placed a kiss on his head. He opened his eyes and again felt those strings around them.

He could now feel them more intensely than last night.

"Draco?" Harry called his name to which he hummed in response. "Do you feel something different around us?"

Draco broke the hug and looked at him with questioning eyes. "What do you mean by that?"

"Can't you feel these strings?" Harry asked with a frown on his face.

Draco looked around the Den but there was nothing. No strings that Harry was talking about.

"There is nothing around us, Harry. Do..do you think we are under attack?" Draco asked with wide feared eyes. He moved near Harry and his left arm wrapped around his stomach. If they were attacked, then Draco couldn't even use his magic to protect themselves.

"No no, we are not under attack. Just let it go. I am just imagining stuff." Harry said and wrapped his arms around Draco. He didn't want to scare Draco. He still felt those strings but they didn't feel harmful maybe he needed to ask Hermione about the same.

"You scared me, idiot," Draco said angrily.

"I am sorry, love," Harry said and pecked his lips. He pecked him for the very first time by himself or else it was always initiated by Draco. Harry looked at Draco's face, trying to trace any sort of discomfort however Draco smiled and placed a kiss on his chest, in return.

Afternoon. 

Harry was helping Kreatcher in cleaning the dining table after they had their lunch. Draco entered the kitchen and informed Harry. "Hermione and Ron are on flu call, waiting for you,"

Harry nodded and both walked towards the fireplace of their living room.

"Hi Ron, Hi Hermione," Harry said to which they replied with their 'hi'.

"Harry, we just received a letter from Mum. She is organizing a dinner, this Sunday and wants you to be a part of it," said Ron

"Ron, I cannot leave Draco alone in the house. We have already talked about this."

"Yes, I know and that's why I have rejected her invitations on your behalf for the last three months but this time she is adamant that you have to join. She has threatened me in the letter that if you don't come then she will talk with Kingsley and will tie her flu network to your house and will drag you to the Borrow."

"She can't do that," Harry said with a horrified expression.

"It's Molly we are talking about," Hermione replied.

"But again, I can't leave Draco alone," Harry said with a sigh. "Let me write a letter to her."

"It won't work, trust me," Ron said.

Harry sighed in disbelief and Draco held his hand and said. "You should go."

"What? No way," Harry said.

"You once said to me that Ron's family is like a family to you so you should go and meet them. You have already rejected their invitation for the last three months because of me, but don't do it this time. They have all the right to spend some time with you, Harry. Please go," Draco said.

"I am not leaving you alone that's final," Harry said firmly.

"I am not alone. We have Kreatcher here to look after me," Draco tried to counter Harry.

"No, I am still not leaving you alone. I don't trust anyone when it comes to your and Bub's safety,"

"Then why don't you bring him along?" Ron suggested.

Draco's eyes widened in shock upon hearing this. He wasn't sure if he was ready to be in between all the red hairs but he wanted Harry to spend time with them.

"Will your family be okay with my presence?" Draco asked and Harry widened his eyes, hearing him.

"What are you doing Draco?" Harry whispered so that only Draco could hear. Draco ignored him and paid attention to Ron who said. "Yes, I will inform her that you will be present with Harry,"

"But what will you say when she asks what I am doing with Harry?" Draco asked.

"I will just say that Harry rescued you on his mission and now you are staying with him. Is this alright?" Ron asked to which Draco nodded his head in yes.

"That is fine. Please don't say anything else," Draco requested.

"Of course not, it is your and Harry's truth and only you have the right to decide how much you want to tell them," Ron said with a smile, Draco smiled back and they disconnected. Draco stood up and sat on the couch. Harry was still looking at him with a shocked expression.

"What are you doing, Draco? Do you want to go to dinner with me? Will you be able to handle it or you are just doing it for my happiness?" Harry asked while walking towards the couch and sat beside him.

"Your happiness means a lot to me, Harry. You have done so much for me so why can't I do something for you in return?"

"I don't want anything in return except your happiness and smile and maybe a few kisses here and there," Harry said to which Draco laughed and side-hugged him.

"You are such a git," Draco said.

"But you like this git,"

"Yes, a lot. More than anyone can even imagine," Draco replied and placed a kiss on Harry's right cheek. They stayed in each other's arms for a few minutes before Harry said. "There is no need for us to go, Draco. I know you are not comfortable around people,"

"I know there is no need to go but you should go and since you won't leave me alone so we should go. You will be with me so I don't have to worry about those redheads."

"I don't know Draco. I don't like this idea a lot. I don't want to risk your and Bub's health,"

Draco caressed his small baby bump and murmured. "I know you will protect me and Bub,"

Harry still frowned as he was not happy about this dinner. He knew that most of the Weasely family would not make a fuss with Draco's presence. They would be civil with him but he was worried about Ginny. She had turned quite nasty towards him since their break up. This was the reason why he mostly ignored dinner invitations even before Draco came back into his life. However, he did attend a few when Ginny was out of town for Quidditch practice. Whenever he attended the dinner when Ginny was present he had to bear her cold behavior and taunts here and there.

He didn't want to even imagine how she would behave with Draco once she got to know that Harry and Draco were together. She would turn nasty towards Draco as well. Also, the fact that she always doubted Harry having feelings for Draco would not work in his favor.

"What's bothering you, Harry?" Draco asked as he looked at Harry's worried expression.

"Ginny," Harry murmured and Draco's heart skipped a beat.

How could he forget that Harry's ex-girlfriend Ginny was a Weasely and would be present at the dinner?

'Was he still affected by Ginny? Does Harry not want to introduce me as his boyfriend because Ginny will be present there? Does he still see a future with Ginny?' Such questions started to roam in Draco's head as he felt the fear of losing Harry.

"You can just introduce me as your friend," Draco said in a low tone feeling pain all over his chest.

Harry didn't reply, he was still thinking about how she would behave with Draco. He didn't want anyone to insult Draco in any way. He couldn't afford Draco to get a breakdown due to Ginny. He couldn't risk Draco's health. Draco was still mentally vulnerable so he had to make sure that this dinner didn't cost him.

"Harry?" Draco shook Harry's hand to bring him out of his trance. Harry looked at Draco immediately and apologized. "I am sorry, Draco, I just zoned out. What were you saying?"

"Just introduce me as your friend," Draco said in a low tone.

"You sure you want to come with me?"

Draco suddenly felt rage erupting inside him at the question and he said angrily. "I think you don't want me there. So it's okay, let it be,"

"Draco don't get me wrong, please. I just don't want you to do anything that you are not comfortable with. I am sorry if my words made you feel like that," Harry said softly and held his hand in his.

"No, I am sorry for thinking that you will have no problem if I join your family dinner. My mistake." Saying this Draco tried to take his hand out of Harry's hold however Harry didn't let him go.

"Leave my hand," Draco almost shouted.

Harry said Ginny's name and then zoned out was enough for Draco to feel insecure and jealous and his jealousy was coming out in the form of anger.

Harry's hold tightened as he didn't want an argument between them due to this dinner. He was also shocked at the sudden anger that Draco was showing. He was not understanding the reason behind it.

"Draco what's wrong with you? I was just making sure that you are okay with this dinner. You are still not comfortable around people so I was just making sure you want to go. Why are you angry?"

"I already told you that I wanted to go but you are still asking me again and again. This only means that you don't want me in your family dinner and that's okay, I understand. Maybe It is embarrassing for you to introduce me, a former death eater, as your partner, isn't it? Or maybe you don't want them to know about us because that might ruin your plans with Ginny." Draco shouted the last line angrily and jerked his hands away.

He stood up and started walking up the stairs towards their bedroom.

"Yes, that's true. I have plans with Ginny. I still like her and I don't want to introduce you as my partner to her or her family. Happy? Is this what you wanted to hear?" Harry said, his voice was normal but filled with anger and sarcasm.

"Thanks for letting me know," Draco said his lips trembling and tears rolling down his cheeks.

To be continued...

BY J. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 35 15
After months of abuse from his friends, and Years of abuse from his muggle family, Harry Potter finds himself in the arms of Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. S...
702K 18K 25
Harry is abused by the Dursleys, so Sirius and Remus come to stay with him in Hogwarts to make sure he's okay. He starts a secret friendship with Dr...
427K 15K 45
READ THIS!!! [completed] *currently re writing and fixing mistakes that my 11 year old self made* This is a cuteness over load of a baby Draco story...
30.8K 1K 27
All work and no play have made Harry a very dull boy. To shake things up a bit, the Weasley brothers give him a gag gift for Christmas: a dozen sessi...