INVISIBLE STRING ― mark sloan

By -bejeweled-

you dream of my mouth before it called you a lying traitor. ― mark sloan x oc (endgame) ― season 2 through 9 ... More

❝ πˆππ•πˆπ’πˆππ‹π„ π’π“π‘πˆππ† ❞
π–‘‘ new york, new york
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐨
chapter one , throwing punches
chapter two , that funny feeling

chapter three , flatline

883 64 6
By -bejeweled-

CHAPTER THREE
"deterioration of the fight or flight response"
season two episode twenty-six

IF YOU ASKED Allison where she'd thought she'd be in this moment twenty-four hours ago, being shot in the stomach outside of the hospital on the cement ground would not be her answer.

But there she was. She lied there motionless and she wasn't sure what was happening. She didn't remember anything. She tried to call out for someone. Derek, Burke (who she was just with, but seemingly could not find), she even tried to call out Mark.

Bailey. Miranda Bailey was there, the girl saw her, even with her blurred vision. Her lips were moving, but she couldn't hear anything. Fading in and out of consciousness, other faces passed through her peripheral. She felt her body being loaded onto the gurney until it all faded to black.

MIRANDA BAILEY wheeled the unconscious woman into the E.R. "Allison Shepherd, 26, pregnant. G.S.W. to the abdomen. Page Addison Shepherd immediately!" She demanded. "She lost a lot of blood and lost consciousness."

"Get her to trauma two," Richard directed. "Burke's in trauma one."

She began to regain consciousness as they started to examine her. "Mark," she muttered, stirring around. "Mark?" She forced herself up, glancing rapidly around the room for him.

"Allison, lay down. You've lost a lot of blood," Bailey told her, pushing her body back down. "Where is Addison?"

She pushed Bailey's hand away. "We have to go check on him. We have to go check on him," she repeated, referring to Denny.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Allison. Lay down," she said sharply.

The blonde laid back down. "Where's Mark?" she asked. Where was she? She felt dizzy.

"Page the other Shepherd, too! She must've hit her head," the resident ordered.

The two married Shepherds entered the room."What the hell happened to her?" Derek asked, his mouth dropping when he saw his sister lying there.

"G.S.W. to the abdomen. She hit her head, too, and on the ultrasound, the baby is having some signs of fetal distress," Bailey informed.

"I'll check it out," Addison said, rushing to the blonde's side, a terrified expression plastered on her face.

Derek took a flashlight to his sister's eyes. "Let's get her in for a C.T. too," he requested.

IZZIE WAS FREAKING OUT. She cut the wire and was waiting for Burke, manually pumping Denny's heart. Denny was essentially dead. "Burke is going to be here and everything is going to be fine!" She shouted at Cristina.

The curly haired woman tried to say, "About Burke―"

"When Burke gets here, everything will be fine. He will know what to do," the model stated.

"About Burke―"

"What?" George snapped.

Tears had formed in her black eyes. "He's been shot. So has Alli―They both lost a lot of blood." The intern's heads whipped toward her with that news.

"Alli's been shot. . ." Meredith whispered under her breath, her anxiety intensifying over her pregnant best friend.

The entire room was in shambles now. Izzie was having a panic attack on the floor, George wanted to be anywhere but here, Meredith was trying to mediate the situation, and Cristina was going to leave. "Shut up!" Meredith snapped, their voices silencing. "Nobody is leaving and nobody is dying!"

"Thank you. It was kinda getting on my nerves, all this dying talk―" Denny panted.

ALLISON STARTED TO BREATHE RAPIDLY and then her heart began to flatline. "She's coding!" Bailey shouted. "Code blue!"

"She's starting to have contractions," Addison said.

"Paddles!" Bailey yelled. "Charging to 300. Clear." They shocked the girl, the line still ran flat.

"You do not get to die on me, Alli!" Bailey said, her brown eyes glassy. "Charge to 360. Clear." They shocked her again. Nothing.

"Come on, Allison!" Addison begged for her sister in law to come back, a few tears rolling slowly. Despite what Addison had done to her, the redhead still loved the girl, even though she didn't show it well.

Miranda stared down hopelessly at the Shepherd girl's still body. "Keep charging!" Derek screamed. He had to hold himself together, he still had to perform surgery on Burke.

"Charging to 400. Clear." Bailey stated, for one last time. If she wouldn't come back after this, they were going to remove her baby and lose Alli.

Bailey prayed. She prayed for everything to turn out all right. She shut her eyes and prayed under her breath. She thanked God when Allison's heart started to beat again.

"She has a minor bleed in her brain I'll need to repair. Let's get her prepped for surgery," the black haired man stated.

       "YOU HAVE TO CALL HIM," the neurosurgeon told his wife. "He needs to know."

She let out a long sigh. "I know. But right now, let's focus on saving your sister," the redhead said, scrubbing in.

"Don't kill my sister, Addie."

"Don't kill her, either. This baby needs her. He needs her."

MEANWHILE IN BURKE'S ROOM. "Where are my interns?" Bailey asked Burke suspiciously. "Where are my ass-kissin', surgery hungry, competitive suck ups, where are they? Why aren't they here trying to get in on Allison's surgery, why aren't they here getting you ice chips and morphine? Why aren't they here sucking up? You know something, Preston."

"I am a patient," he stated.

"Preston Xavier Burke. . . what have you done with my suck ups?" she exclaimed.

AND DENNY WAS FLATLINING. "He's not gonna die, right?" Izzie asked. They waited for him to come back, staring at the monitor.

It began to beep steadily and the patient began to breathe rapidly. "You fools better have a good explanation for this," their resident said in a threatening tone as she caught them in the act.

"I'M GOING TO REPAIR this bleed and then Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd will perform the c-section," he announced to the O.R.

But that's when everything for Allison began to go wrong. "Pressure's dropping," a scrub nurse declared.

Her heart rate slowed, dangerously slow. She began to flatline again. "She's flatlining!"

"Get me the paddles! Charge to 200. Clear," Addison said, shocking the young girl's heart again. Nothing. "Charge to 300. Clear." Nothing.

"Dr. Shepherd. . ."

"No! Charge to 360. Clear." She shocked the girl one last time and finally, there was heart rhythm. "Thank god," she mumbled. "Thank god."

HER BABY GIRL was healthy and in the NICU. Allison was still asleep post surgery, her abdomen and head bandaged up.

A few hours later, her eyes opened and Addison was there. "What happened?" she mumbled, trying to recollect the events of the past few hours.

"You scared me today, Alli. You crashed twice. But now, do you want to see your baby?" the neonatal surgeon asked. The girl nodded happily, tears brimming her eyes. Her baby was finally here.

The redhead left momentarily and came back with a baby in her arms. "It's a girl," Addison told her, placing the baby into her arms.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. She's beautiful. . ." the new mother murmured. "She's perfect." She rocked the baby back and forth, but stopped when she felt a shooting pain.

Her sister in law nodded. "She really is. What were you planning on naming her?"

She thought for a moment. "Mila. Mila Shepherd-Sloan. She's got his eyes, you know. The ocean blue eyes," she stated, staring down at her beautiful daughter.

"WE CUT HIS LVAD WIRE. Well, Izzie did. Did you know that she was going to do that?" Meredith asked. She was holding her friend's baby.

"I knew she was going to do something. Do you think the chief is going to make me talk?" the blonde parted her lips, sighing.

"Maybe. I'm not supposed to be here right now, we're all on timeout, or whatever. Bailey caught us," Meredith told her. "But I had to see you. I was so worried about you when Cristina told us."

"Aw, Mer. Speaking of Cristina, where is she? And where is my brother?"

"He's doing Burke's surgery and Cristina is supposed to be in there, too," Meredith said. Her pager began to beep. "Oh, it's the Chief."

"Get me a wheelchair, I'm going too," the blonde demanded.

author's note

unedited!
this is so bad but i had to figure out
how i was going to have her give birth

― bejeweled

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
776K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.8M 58.9K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
369K 22.1K 79
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...