Iris D̶w̶y̶e̶r̶ BENNETT | Cul...

By yayo_atwow23

Sequel to Iris Dwyer. In the past book, Izzy has been through quite a lot. In this one, there will questions... More

NEW MOON
PROLOGUE
01 | VISITING MUM
03 | POWER
04 | SKILL
05 | SPECIAL
06 | NEW FRIENDS
07 | BACK HOME
08 | VISITING EMBRY
09 | LAURENT
10 | "WOLF'S OUTTA THE BAG"
11 | VOLTERRA
ECLIPSE
12 | RILEY
13 | THOUGHTS
14 | GRADUATION PARTY
15 | LOOOOOOOOOOOVE
16 | LAUREN
17 | BREE
18 | WELCOME HOME
End of Book 2

02 | FAE

557 24 5
By yayo_atwow23

I turn to see a woman. The same hat from my graduation was covering her face.

"I've missed you honey" she removes her hat and smiles at me.

"Mom?" I shudder. "Bu- b-b-b-ut you were d-dead. H-how is this possible?" I stammer.

"I had to leave, you had changed. Your mindset wasn't safe. Then your visions started, I knew it was only a matter of time before I had my daughter back" She walks towards me and cups my cheeks.

"It's... it's you. After all this time" Tears  begin to form. "Oh baby" she whispers and brings me into her arms as I begin to sob.

When I finished, I looked to her. "So you never died?" I ask. "No, faes have quicker healing" she replies. "Oh"

"Why didn't you come back? It could've been our little secret" I say.

"You would've had questions, lots of them that I wouldn't be allowed to answer" she replies.

"But I'm here now and I'll never leave your side again Iris, I promise" she whispers.

I bring her into a hug, a long one at that, feeling comfort in my mother's arms.

"But I have a human life. I have friends, my daughter, Roxie, Nova, Uncle Charlie and.. my mates" I state, breaking the hug.

"And you will see them all again, but you must train" Mom tells me.

"Train?" I ask. "You must get used to your fae body, truly become one of us and stand up to your role" Aunt Deena tells me.

"My role?" I ask.

"You are royalty, Iris" Mom states.

"Royalty? Me?" I question. "A princess" Gia nods with a smile. "So am I" she adds.

"Wow" I gasp.

"Have you been watching over me?" I ask her and she nods sheepishly. "Yeah, I so knew that" I nod.

"It's nice to meet you Diane from my graduation ceremony" I hold out my hand as she chuckles before taking my hand and pulling me into another hug.

"About your human life, Nova and Uncle Charlie think you're in Chicago with Gia and I" Aunt Deena says.

"And your friends will probably get that information from them also. As for your mates, we encountered them while trying to fly you up. They put up quite the fight" Gia says.

"And Faye... she's here. And she's safe. And she's going to be one of us too" Mom says.

Before I can reply she cuts me off.

"Faye's magic came first, her appearance after. For you it was the opposite"

"Magic?" I ask around.

"Your grandmother is the reincarnation of the great Phoenix" She says.

"Your grandfather is the leader of all faes which granted him a load of power. That passed down to us, their children and to you guys, their grandchildren" Aunt Deena adds.

"Wait, I have grandparents?" I raise a brow. "And a great-grandmother" Gia adds. "Wow" My eyes widen.

"With a fae's magic it's not like a specific power. It's really complicated. Your magic, like your wings, does what you want it to do" Mom tells me.

"Like Faye's did when she used her electricity. Her spirit awoke us all that night. It was beautiful" Aunt Deena smiles.

"Great name too by the way. Faye is a fae" Gia giggles and I smile in response.

"Later on, once you're used to the fae body and have met your family, then we'll awaken your spiritual magic" Mom states.

I take a breath before nodding.

"Okay now, Gia will help you get dressed and used to our style and we will see you in a bit" Aunt Deena says.

Mum kisses my forehead before flying out with Aunt Deena. I turned to Gia with a raised brow.

She smirks at me before pushing me towards a chair by my shoulder. I sit down.

I feel her undoing my hair. "You know, we decorated this room together. You were four, loved flowers and were full of giggles" She states.

I smile at her through the mirror and she smiles back.

"Do you think I'll fit in here? I mean, I lived as a human my whole life" I ask her.

"I think you'll do just fine, everyone is dying to see their princess again anyways. Our parents were meant to take the role as leader but didn't so.. it falls down to us. Unless we have kids" she chuckles.

"I'm mated to vampires" I state. "That I am aware of" she nods. "They're immortal" I state.

"So are you" She nods.

"What?" I furrow my brows in confusion. "Fae magic doesn't just die, it lives on. Forever" She responds.

"Cool" I shrug. She chuckles in response.

✯✯✯

G

ia got me dressed in a spiritual white dress that was like a wrap-around. It was backless so that my wings could roam free.

I was barefoot, it was common for people to be around here but most of the woman wore heels or flat boots.

She put a charm on my horns and I finger jewellery on. Actually looked so cute.

Gia stepped out for a bit but came back in with Faye.

"Faye" I immediately jog up to my baby. She had little horns and tiny wings on her back.

She looked so cute.

I bring her into my arms and she smiles at me. I look down to her chest to see an orange amulet.

"Orange? The colours define?" I ask. "Yes, mine is pink cause of my pink magic. Yours is green, so is your mother's and our grandmother's" she smiles at me.

"There are different kinds of dark fae-"

"Dark? Are we like evil?" I quickly ask. "No, we're nice. That's just our species's name" she replies.

She then continues. "As I was saying, there are different kinds of dark fae. Those with dark black wings, such as you and I, are forest. Colourful, rainbow wings are jungle. Dusty brown wings are desert and those with white, icy wings are tundra" she states.

"Forest" I smile to myself. Gia smiles back at me.

She then lets out a yippy war-like cry.

I raise a brow at her. "Our native call, you'll get used to it" she assures me. Mom and Aunt Deena then fly into the room.

"Ready to meet the others?" Aunt Deena asks me as she swipes Faye away from me.

"Remember what I taught you, steady breaths, relaxed mind and the wings will do what you want them to" Gia nods.

"And if you need help, grab onto my ankle" She tells me before both mothers fly out.

I do as taught and next thing you know I'm flying out too. I follow Gia and we make it to open air.

I look in awe at all the fae flying around, their unique homes and the beauty of it all was just... fascinating.

"Great isn't it?" Gia asks me. "I know about the vision you had, of being here... as a kid? I was the one with you, you enjoyed life here. This is your home" she tells me while holding my arm.

"The others are in the main village, come with us to meet your family dear" Mom holds out her hand to me.

I take it and she leads me to the main village.

We get there and it seemed as if people were having a meeting.

(Where all the fae were is the main village. Not really a village more like a meeting point and this is the movie crossover btw. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil)

"Father!" Mom shouts, letting go of my hand. "The change has occured. She is one of us now"

"Bring her to us" A woman says. Mom takes my hand again and we fly towards the centre of the inner-mountain like area.

I look around at the people around me. I feel so nervous.

"Don't be nervous" Mom whispers to me, squeezing my hand.

Two figures step forward.

Chiwetel Ejiofor
as
Conall

AND

Angelina Jolie
as
Maleficent

✯✯✯

"She resembles you greatly" The woman smiles warmheartedly. "It's beautiful"

"Iris" The man says causing me to fix my gaze on him. "These are your people, you are royalty of this den" He states.

"Who are you?" I ask no more than a whisper, trying not to be disrespectful or whatever.

"We are your grandparents, the leaders of all fae" The woman says, stepping forward and taking my hands.

"I am Maleficent, this is my husband, Conall. I've missed you dearly" she cups my cheeks before bringing me into a hug.

I hug her back before my grandfather joins in. The people let out yips of joy.

We then break from the hug and they both put a hand on my shoulder.

"Our people, today our heiress, Iris Ophelia of the fae kingdom, has returned to claim her role as princess of our den" Conall states.

They all let out yips and fly about. "Let us show you our home" Maleficent holds out her hand to me.

I take her hand and she leads me into one of the holes. We fly out into open air again and I gasp at the sight.

This side of the den will never seem to amaze me.

We begin to fly around.

"On your left you will see the home to the desert fae" she states.

"They like in sandy and dusty caves to maintain their wings's dusty style. It's their way of living. Loving all things hot and dry" Maleficent tells me.

I look over and see a desert fae girl wave at me. I wave back with a smile before we continue our tour.

"On your right, you'll see the jungle fae homes"

"Their homes are like cacoons, keeps them warm at night. Plants and other natural things surrounding them"

I look over and see a woman and man in their home with a baby and an older child, causing me to smile as they smile back.

"Lastly, on your upcoming left, you will see the Tundra Fae homes"

"They live for all things cold, hating the heat with the passion"

"Their icy cheekbones says it all" I say as she snickers at my comment.

She then takes me to a huge tree and we stop, standing on the branches.

"This is HomeTree. We take refuge here, your room is where you change or get things that you need. Underneath the branches, you can see a cacoon like bed. You fall into it and close the opening" she shows me.

"Behind it is where we wash up" she points towards the waterfall source. "Giana will show you tomorrow"

"Let me show you what the outer den looks like" She smiles at me before shooting up into the clouds.

There were a bunch of spikes. "Don't be afraid, it can't hurt you" she states.

We avoid the spikes as we fly about. She then stops and I look towards what she was looking at.

"Your home" she tells me. "My home" I repeat.

She takes my hand in hers. "I've missed you" she whispers. I waste no time and bring her into a hug.

"Are you ready to meet your family?" she whispers. "Yes" I reply.

She smiles before we fly back into the den and back into the main meeting point.

Time to meet my family, it's no big deal right? Just a bunch of fae that I haven't seen for about 12 years. Everything will go great.

✩✩✩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.1K 38
teleporting to twighlight may be the best thing ever will y/n love bella as a sister or will she find bella to be a basic bitch and as her enemy you...
413K 7.5K 23
Emmett finally meets his mate and coincidently she is Edward's mates older sister. Emmett absolutely loves Spencer, and so do the rest of the Cullens...
78.9K 2.4K 26
In which Bella's younger twin sister learns about the supernatural world after returning home.
3.7K 171 15
The third and final book in the Iris ___ franchise. So excited to end off this story. Keep on reading to find out the third and final chapter of Iris...