RWBY: Remnant's Protector

By RydenZero

The World of Remnant is filled to the brim with the creatures of Grimm as well as other hidden forces bent on... More

Volume 1: Orientation Into Action; Chapter 1: Y/N And Ruby Rose
Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon
Chapter 4: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 5: Players And Pieces/Release The Kraken
Chapter 6: The Badge And The Burden

Chapter 3: The First Step

68 4 28
By RydenZero

Chapter 3: The First Step

"It is up to you to take the first step."

"Yeah, sure thing Ozpin." You talk in your sleep.

You are then awoken by overhearing a girl's voice:

"Wake up, lazy butt!"

"Ah! I'm awake! What did I miss?!" You wake up, exclaiming.

Though you weren't the only one awakened, Lie Ren gets up with a groan as Nora Valkyrie hounds him.

"It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!" The girl sings along.

---

Ren sighs again and brushes his teeth in the restroom while Nora continues to talk:

"I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full twenty-four hours! Not that I thought we'd get kicked out or anything, I mean, you're the perfect student and I'm...well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?"

---

Ren and Nora are readying themselves in the ballroom. The latter is brushing her hair and still chattering while the former is tightening the strings on his sleeping bag.

"We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not 'together-together...' Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?" Nora continues.

---

As the Ren and Nora are in the middle of eating their breakfast, the girl is having a pancake hanging from her mouth as she is muffled through her food:

"Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together!"

By the table next to them, you are trying her best to slice your pancakes with a butter square on top using a knife.

"Is that a dull knife or are the pancakes really sturdy?" Aquila asks as he sits next to you.

"Hey, Aquila." You respond with.

"Oohhhh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school." Nora continues strategizing.

Annoyed by the girl's antics, you increase your cutting speed as the pancakes start to catch fire.

"Dude, the butter will melt on its own, just give it a second." Aquila assures you.

---

Ren and Nora are readying themselves in the locker room, the former loading his weapons and the latter still talking:

"I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal!"

The girl then gasps:

"A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?"

As you try to ignore Nora's constant chattering in the same location, you then hear Ryden shouting with his face in his locker:

"Can someone please tell her to stop!"

"Nora?" Ren finally replies.

"Yes, Ren?" The girl responds.

"Thank you, Ren!" You whisper. "Because I don't think Ryden can handle more of this."

"I don't think sloths make a lot of noise." Ren sheathes his weapons in his sleeves.

"I take it back!" You whisper a bit more loudly.

"Ahh!!!" Ryden screams while banging his head at the inside of his locker.

Nora thinks about this for a moment, before answering: "That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!"

"Come on Nora, let's go." Ren smiles and shuts his locker.

"Not 'together-together'...'" The girl giggles.

The boy heads out while a skipping Nora follows, passing you taking out your weapons.

After you close your locker numbered 374, you walk to Ryden and he asks you:

"So how did your conversation with Blake go?"

"She had a misunderstanding and wants to talk with you about it."

"She does? Okay, thanks Y/N!"

Ryden closes his locker numbered 666 and walks away.

"Wow, even his locker number's a curse." Aquila notices whilst behind the locker door Ryden closed.

"Ah!" You look at him. "Aquila, where did you come from?"

"Well, my existence started when a man and a woman..."

"No! I meant..."

"Hey Y/N!" Kalmia appears behind you.

"Ah!" You look at her. "Kalmia, where did you...? You know what? I'm not even going to finish the sentence."

"Who's she?" Aquila asks.

"A friend."

For some reason, she looks a bit saddened after hearing you say that.

"Well, we gotta start somewhere, right?" You place your hand on her shoulder after noticing her expression.

"You're right, thanks." Kalmia looks at you with surprise and smiles in response.

"Then any good friend of Y/N is a friend of mine." Aquila shakes Kalmia's hand before she could even react.

Kalmia almost refuses the handshake, but you reassure her:

"Just go along with it, some people choose to make friends by taking the initiative."

"If you say so." Kalmia nods.

"Anyway, you guys get along, I need to find Ruby."

You walk away from your two friends while Kalmia reaches out her hand, calling out:

"Wait...!"

"Don't worry, he'll be back." Aquila assures her.

---

As Ruby and Yang are busy readying themselves, you walk and stand beside them in order to eavesdrop.

"So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!" The elder sister acknowledges.

"Yep! No more awkward small talk or 'getting-to-know-you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking." The younger strokes her weapon as she sighs happily.

"Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together."

"You sound like Dad!" Ruby sighs in frustration and shoves her weapon into the locker. "Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!"

"Ruby thinks drinking milk helps her grow up, check." You note down while writing your notebook.

"Y/N? Hey! Don't take notes about me!" Ruby turns around and tries to snatch your notebook from your hands.

"But what about when we form teams?" Yang brings up.

Ruby stops trying to take your notes and suddenly becomes nervous:

"Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or something..."

"Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?" Her elder sister brings her hair around her shoulder and strokes it.

"My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?"

"What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!"

"What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-"

"Ridiculous!" Says Jaune suddenly walking in between the sisters, holding a map and looking lost. "There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?"

After Jaune passes by Aquila and Kalmia as well, the girl asks her friend:

"Isn't 636 my locker number?"

"Mine's 777." Aquila recalls.

"Heh, lucky."

"I'm back." You approach the two. "Anyway, Kalmia, you should help. Jaune's a great friend to have."

"Wait, why me?" She asks.

"Now's your chance to make more friends. And don't worry, we'll watch your back."

Kalmia thinks for a moment before answering:

"Okay."

She heads to help Jaune while you and Aquila keep a closer eye from a distance.

---

Meanwhile, Ryden tries to look for Blake at her last seen location, but doesn't seem to find her at the moment.

"Damn it." He whispers and tightens his fist. "I swear I saw her a while ago."

"Maybe Y/N is right, focus on making friends rather than just not making enemies." Ryden sighs and tells himself.

"Ryden, is it?"

He turns to the voice who called him and sees Blake in front of him.

"Blake, I..." Ryden stands surprised. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but I'm willing to answer them if you'll let me."

"Yes, thank you." She agrees.

The two find a bench and sit down.

"To start off, I'm really sorry for running away and accusing you for something you're not." Blake apologizes.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you had your reasons." Ryden understands. "But I do want to know, what were the reasons?"

Blake takes a deep breath and explains:

"Your appearance and weapon reminds me of my ex-mentor."

"Quite the coincidence, huh?" Ryden sighs. "But I highly doubt that was the only reason..."

"And so does your last name."

Ryden nearly choked on his own spit upon hearing that, because the only one he remembers who shares the name Taurus is...

"Adam?" He thinks to himself. "So he mentored someone before joining...?"

"I'm really sorry." Blake starts to regret asking. "Both your name and appearance made me think that you were probably his brother."

"Even if I was, would you treat me any differently?" Ryden asks with concern.

Thinking about what he said, Blake regains her confidence and says:

"No, I wouldn't."

"Then I'm grateful, I'm just glad you don't view me as an enemy." Ryden sighs in relief.

"Yeah, thanks."

Ryden then stands up and tells Blake before leaving:

"If you want to thank someone, thank Y/N. He's the one who solved our conflict."

After leaving Blake alone, she thinks to herself:

"Adam..."

---

Jaune takes out his weapon from his locker and closes it, then he turns to the one who helped him:

"Thanks man, I'm surprised you remember my locker number."

"It's okay." Says Kalmia. "I just remember you putting your weapon in one next to mine."

"You must have a good memory then."

"Thanks, but despite that, I wish I didn't."

"What do you mean?"

Kalmia sighs and states:

"I remember everything I have done. From all of my flaws to all of my mistakes. I want to understand people and for them to understand me back, but what would happen if they know who I really am?"

Jaune sympathizes with her and tells her:

"Hey. Then you just haven't found the right people yet."

"Yeah..." Kalmia replies.

"Wait, isn't that the girl who admired my looks yesterday?" Jaune notices Weiss passing by.

"What? Oh, I highly doubt it. She was probably being sarcastic. Jaune?"

By the time Kalmia asked, Jaune was already gone to talk to the Heiress.

---

Pyrrha Nikos and Weiss ready themselves at their lockers.

"So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!" Weiss complements her.

"Hmm...I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may." Pyrrha modestly says.

"Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together."

"Well, that sounds grand!"

"Great!"

The background disappears into a thundercloud as Weiss adopts a scheming pose and manic smile in her head.

"This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! Nothing can come between us now!" She thinks out loud.

"Am I the only one seeing this?!" Aquila calls out from the background. "Like, how is this even possible?!"

"You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you." Jaune comes between them and interrupts Weiss' evil train of thought.

"You again?" Weiss questions, irritated.

"Nice to meet you, Jaune!" Pyrrha hurriedly lets herself be seen.

"Yeah, yeah." Jaune pushes Pyrrha aside.

Far from the three's location, you arrive beside Aquila and Kalmia just in time to see Jaune's actions.

"No offense Jaune, you could've found a nice, quirky girl to talk to. Yet you brush her aside without hesitation." You silently say.

As Jaune didn't hear you, he continues talking to Weiss while posing slightly:

"So, Weiss, couldn't help but overhear your fondness of me the other day."

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Weiss looks downward and sighs.

"Don't worry! No need to be embarrassed! So, been hearing rumors about teams! I was thinking you and me would make a good one! What do you say?"

"Actually, I think the teams are comprised of four students each, so-" Pyrrha points out, getting his attention.

"You don't say." Jaune then advances on his new target. "Well, hot stuff, play your cards right and maybe you could join up with the winning team."

"Jaune, is it?" Weiss separates the two. "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

"Not in the slightest, snow angel." He brushes it off, oblivious to her status.

"First hot stuff, then snow angel?" You question beside you.

"I know right? He's worse than me at nicknames." Aquila compares.

"This is Pyrrha." Weiss introduces.

"Hello again!" The girl greets.

"Pyrrha graduated top of her class at Sanctum!"

"One of the schools in Mistral? Impressive." You compliment.

"Never heard of it." Jaune answers honestly.

"She's won the Mistral Region Tournaments four years in a row! A new record!" Weiss scoffs.

"Four-year renowned champion?! I should definitely duel with her sometime!" You suggest.

"You're gonna die." Aquila jests.

"Hahaha! Wait, you're serious?"

"The what?" Jaune asks, still oblivious.

You, Aquila and Kalmia all facepalm at the same time.

Weiss, losing her patience, waves her arms rapidly in anger:

"She's on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes box!"

"That's you?!" Jaune gasps suddenly as the design of the cereal box in question is seen with Pyrrha's smiling face on it. "But they only do that for star athletes and cartoon characters!"

"That's how he figures it out?" You question.

"And how do chibis, dust clouds from fights, thunderclouds and cereal box designs keep appearing into existence?!" Aquila wonders.

"Yeah, it was pretty cool. Sadly, the cereal isn't very good for you."

"Agreed." You speak with experience.

"I couldn't even afford it." Kalmia brings up.

You and Aquila look at Kalmia, before looking back.

"Let me know if you need anything." You remind your friend.

"Thanks." The girl answers.

"So, after hearing all of this, do you really think you're in a position to ask her to be on your team?" Weiss appears as the box design crumbles behind them.

"I guess not... Sorry..." Jaune hangs his head.

"Actually, Jaune, I think you'd make a great leader!" Pyrrha cheers him up.

"D'oh, stop it!" Jaune immediately brightens back up.

"Seriously, please stop it. This kind of behaviour should not be encouraged!" Weiss disapproves.

"Wish I could be encouraged by a girl." You say.

"I'm sure you'll find the right one." Aquila reassures you.

"Sounds like Pyrrha's on board for Team Jaune. Spots are filling up quick! Now, I'm not supposed to do this, but maybe I could pull some strings, find a place for you. What do you say?" Jaune gets closer to the Heiress.

"All right, that's a bit too close! Pyrrha, a little help, please?!" Weiss asks.

Jaune looks back just in time to see a spear strike him, sending the boy flying off the screen.

"I'm sorry!" Pyrrha apologizes.

An announcement then plays on the intercom system.

"Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately." Glynda's voice calls out from the speaker.

Weiss passes Jaune as he hangs from the wall of a locker on her way out. Pyrrha follows her, grabbing her spear and dropping Jaune to the ground.

"It was nice meeting you!" Pyrrha admits.

"Likewise..." Jaune slumps against the locker.

Ruby and Yang approach him, the latter jokes:

"Having some trouble there, lady-killer?"

"I don't understand. My dad said all women look for is confidence! Where did I go wrong?" Jaune accepts Ruby's offered hand and uses her to lift himself back up.

"'Snow Angel' probably wasn't the best start."

"Come on, Jaune, let's go." Ruby helps him out.

She leads the boy out of the locker room by supporting him and his damaged self-esteem.

---

You are now in Beacon Cliff, overlooking a forest, where several students - some old, some new, and some unseen - are standing on silver tiles in front of a mug-holding Ozpin and Glynda with her tablet.

"For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." The Headmaster starts.

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of 'teams'. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates...today." The Huntress confirms.

"What? Ohhh..." Ruby begins to get worried.

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well." Ozpin continues.

Ruby continues to groan.

"That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years."

Ruby's shocked expression mirrors her world cracking like glass and falling apart, as she screams:

"Whaaaat?!"

"See? I told you-!" Nora says to Ren.

"Wait? So is no one going to ask how Ruby's background shattered like glass in order to reflect her current state?!" Aquila questions once again.

"Aquila. Please, calm down." You ask Aquila on your left.

"After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path...or you will die." Ozpin warns.

Jaune laughs nervously and then gulps loudly.

"You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

"Yeah, um, sir?" Jaune raises his hand.

"Good! Now, take your positions." The Headmaster orders, not noticing the boy's request.

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile, except for Jaune who is still raising his hand and Aquila who is frightened next to you.

"Uh, sir? I've got, um...a question." Jaune misses the tile under Weiss rising up into a springboard, rocketing into the air and over the forest, as the platforms activate down the line.

"So, this landing...strategy thing... Uh, wha-what is it? You're, like, dropping us off or something?" Jaune asks.

"No. You will be falling." Ozpin tells him.

"Oh, uh, I see... So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us?" Jaune misses more students being thrown.

Such as Ryden and Kalmia who're sent flying.

"No. You will be using your own 'landing strategy'." The Headmaster answers.

"Uh-huh... Yeah." Jaune continues standing confused, still not seeing an excited Nora and Ren getting launched.

"It's almost my turn. What do I do?!" Aquila asks you.

"Jump first. If your destination is worth the risk, you'll figure out a landing strategy by the time you hit the ground." You quote.

"Got it. Thanks!" He smiles.

At her turn, Yang winks at her younger sister, puts on a pair of aviators, and flies off with a "Woo-hoooooooo!" a second before Ruby joins her.

You and Aqulia get catapulted into the Emerald Forest

"So, what exactly is a landing strategy...!"

Jaune asks this part just when he finally has to get hurled with the cloud of students now making their way down into the forest below under the eyes of the teachers. Ozpin, for his part, simply takes a sip of his drink.

"I wonder what kind of teams we'll get this year." Glynda wonders.

"And what kind of leaders will appear, right?" A unknown voice asks from behind.

"You're late." Glynda tells the person who asked.

"Better late than never."

"Tell that to a judge."

"Professor Grimoire!" Ozpin greets her. "Glad for you to join us."

"Please Professor." The woman then tells him. "Ash is fine."

The woman named Ash has short dark hair and red eyes, as well as skin so pale like the snow in winter. Her outfit consists of a dark long coat, with a black sports top and trousers underneath, as well as black bandages wrapped around her arms, black gloves and shoes. She also has black tattoos on her neck, waist and covered arms.

She is equipped with a cane with a sharp tip on one hand and on the other, she is holding a book with a dark coloured cover and white pages. Though she puts the latter away and wraps the chains from her belt around the book to secure it tightly beside her.

"The test may become dangerous, you know." Ash advises.

"Well, there is no such thing as a safe initiation test."

"You believe that future Huntsmen and Huntresses should be able to overcome any difficulty?" She asks with a straight face. "Even a war?"

Ozpin then turns to Ash and says:

"I hope that they never have to."

---

A black bird is flying slowly and magnificently, right up to the moment it gives a final shriek and Ruby crashes through it in a burst of feathers as she plummets downward.

"Birdie, no!" She cries out.

Ruby fires off a few rounds from her weapon to slow her down, then turns it into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in her blade and fall downward at a slower pace.

Weiss, armed with her rapier, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it to the forest below.

When it's your turn, you get ready by taking out your longsword from your scabbard. And while you're nearing a tall tree, you land and stab the top of said tree, then have gravity pull you downward. As well as have your blade vertically bisect the tree cleanly in half, until you reach the ground and the halves fall to the sides.

"Sheesh, someone should've yelled: 'Timber!'." You jest.

Pulling out your dark blue revolver from your hoister, you start walking and wonder:

"Who will I encounter first?"

Ren descends with Nora briefly being seen next to him at a faster speed and he spins in the air, eventually using his blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see...

"Woo-hoo! Yeah! Alley-oop!"

Yang, soaring right over the treetops, is using her gauntlets and its fiery force to push her through the air further and further north, spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through the leaves of a tree and leaps off two trunks to tumble to the ground.

"Nailed it!" She runs off.

Nearing another tree, Ryden throws his katana and it stabs through the top. And just before he hits the ground, Ryden takes out his sheath, presses the button on it and grips onto the sheath tightly as it glows purple and gets attracted to the sword that's also glowing purple by its guard, with Ryden holding onto it.

After Ryden gets pulled to the top of the tree, he lands on one of its branches, pulls out his katana and sheathes it back. Looking upon the forest, he compliments:

"This world sure is beautiful, but the same can't be said for everyone in it."

Ryden climbs down the tree and lands on the ground.

"That's why I need to find the right people." He then whispers. "I just hope its not the Schnee girl."

Pyrrha, her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crashes through several trees and rolls on a branch, immediately shifting her blade into a rifle and looking through the scope at Jaune as he continues to scream and fall helplessly. Pyrrha coolly transforms her weapon again to its spear form, takes a moment to evaluate her throw, and rockets the javelin deep into the forest until a 'THUNK!' is heard.

"Thank you!" Jaune exclaims in the distance.

"I'm sorry!" Pyrrha waves back.

Aquila, who is free of worry and rushing through the air, chants:

"This is the greatest plan!!!"

He then grabs onto a tree branch and swings in a circle before letting go, he performs a back flip and upon landing on the ground, he does a roll before standing up.

"Welp. Now that no one's around, there's no reason to smile at the moment." Aquila sighs. "I seriously can only cheer up everyone but myself."

He shakes his head and starts to take a step.

"I'll smile again once I find..."

Someone then crashes in front of Aquila, forming smoke and a crater on the ground. Aquila coughs because of the dust and eventually sees Kalmia in a landing pose.

"Yay! Superhero landing!" Aquila claps. "Also you must be very strong in order to not have your limbs shattered."

The moment he says that, Kalmia's arm and legs start to limp and bend the wrong way. She then screams in agony due to breaking her bones upon landing, frightening Aquila as he isn't prepared.

---

Meanwhile on the cliff, Glynda heads to the headmaster with her device and informs him:

"Professor Ozpin. The girl without a last name seems to have broken most of her limbs."

"You mean Kalmia?" Ash asks.

"Yes. How did you know...?"

"Then she should be fine."

"No, she's not! Why didn't she use her Aura or a proper landing strategy?!"

"She doesn't...exactly have Aura."

Glynda stares in shock and starts tapping on her device.

"I'm calling the medical staff."

But before Glynda sends the message, Ash halts her and says:

"Pay attention to what happens next."

---

Kalmia's limbs begin glowing neon green and they start to snap and shift back into their original positions. During the entire process, she yells in pain as her appendages heal overtime.

After Kalmia slowly stands back up once the repair is done, Aquila carefully asks:

"What was that?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." Kalmia starts to walk away.

But Aquila follows her and says:

"But I should. We're partners now."

Kalmia stops as she realises:

"Damn it."

"I just want us to know each other better." Aquila then asks. "So please tell me."

After looking at her surroundings, Kalmia states:

"My Semblance is Regen. Instead of my Aura having an external overshield like everyone else, I have an internal healing factor."

"I don't fit in with anyone." She sadly claims.

Aquila then holds her shoulder and tells Kalmia:

"Of course you do, because I feel the same way."

She looks to her partner, wondering what he meant.

"I know what it's like to not belong with those around you, but if people don't accept you, then it's their problem, not yours." Aquila states his perspective.

Kalmia slowly starts to smile as Aquila takes the lead walking:

"Now c'mon, let's find the others."

---

Ozpin looks surprised after watching.

"Interesting." He says.

"But is what she said true?" Glynda asks.

"Yes and no." Ash states.

"What?!"

"But just like everyone else, her Aura can also be depleted."

"But...how do you know this?" Glynda raises the question.

Ash takes a moment to walk away before revealing:

"Because, I was the one who found her and helped her enroll here."

---

Meanwhile in the forest, Ryden continues wandering around until he hears a twig snap. So he unsheathes his katana and throws it behind him.

The sword impales a tree, nearly striking the one behind him, for that person tilts his head to the side to narrowly avoid the blade.

"Y/N." Ryden realises.

"Did you miss me?" You ask. "Because your sword certainly did."

"Hold that thought."

Ryden presses his sheath's button to attract his katana back to its wielder, nearly hitting you again as he catches his sword and sheathes it back.

"Cutting right to the chase, huh?" You jest again.

Unamused, Ryden did nothing but stare at you in response.

"But seriously though, how does your weapon do that?" You ask for real this time.

"Gravity Dust. Inspired by the Grimm Reaper." Ryden shows you the parts of his weapon glowing purple. "Genesis was a genius."

"Whoa...! And he made this for you?"

"She, actually. And Vindicta was once her weapon."

Then you get even more curious, so you ask:

"What's the story between you and Genesis?"

"She was like a mother to me, and my master." Ryden reveals.

"Sounds like a really great person."

"Yeah, she was."

You place your hand on Ryden's shoulder and tell him:

"And if there's anything else you want to talk about, just let me know."

"Right." Your partner nods. "Of course."

"Now let's go find the others."

You start walking as Ryden follows your lead. As the two of you continue searching through the forest, you wonder what the future might bring.

Just goes to show. You never know what life has in store for you. And even when you get there, you have to keep trying.

For the only thing that stops us from doing the real cool things is time.

Author's Note:

Kalmia's healing factor is similar to an idea from Chinsangan in his RWBY story: Crimson Shadow.

All references belong to their respective owners.

I made a picture book for those who have trouble visualizing the characters and weapons in this story.

My upload schedule is not short term, I take my time in order to release the content you all can enjoy. Plus I need to read your comments other than continue writing as well.

So if you have questions, comments, concerns or advice. Send me a message and I'll do my best to reply, depending on your time zone. See ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 111 49
(Volumes 1-3) You have known Ruby Rose for as long as you were both were kids and have been together since half way of your first year at Signal Acad...
886 6 7
(DISCONTINUED) What were those years you've spent in Remnant so far? What did drive you to pick up a guitar and make music? It was very easy for you...
4.6K 72 21
A 15 year old boy got accepted to Beacon Academy early by some not so normal circumstances. It was all a misunderstanding but he still got accepted t...
13.7K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...