Harry Potter: Heart Of A Myst...

By WinterWolf-99

Sirius Black is the father of all godfathers and he will do anything to prove it. He knows that his godson ne... More

Chapter One: The Nature Mage
Chapter Two: Some Sirius Thoughts
Chapter Three: Crashing An Order Meeting
Chapter Four: Picking Up Harry
Chapter Five: Harry Arrives
Chapter Six: Forming A Plan
Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding
Chapter Eight: Heart Of... No... Flower Of Gold
Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion
Chapter Ten: I Hate Politics
Chapter Eleven: Olivia Showing Who Is Boss
Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers
Chapter Thirteen: Change Of Weather
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up
Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend
Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave
Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson On Mystic Souls
Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty-One: Mystic Souls Aplenty
Chapter Twenty-Two: New School New Houses
Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter Twenty-Four: Do Not Mess With A Rose
Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unblocking The Block
Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block
Chapter Thirty-One: The Start of Something New
Chapter Thirty-Two: What Else Can I Do
Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: First Real Day As Crystal Rose Students
Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate
Chapter Thirty-Six: How A Mystic Fights
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Olivia Is The Best Lawyer Ever
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dealing With The Bumblebee
Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion
Chapter Forty-One: Cutting The Strings
Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies
Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature
Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend
Chapter Forty-Six: Mystic Spark
Chapter Forty-Seven: Might Of A Hurricane
Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Hallows' Eve Introduction
Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat
Chapter Fifty-One: Reunion
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Attack
Chapter Fifty-Three: Never Mess With Crystal Rose
Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Sirius Confrontation

Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm

2.5K 111 28
By WinterWolf-99

There were not many things that could make Harry optimistic. After everything he has been through, he was not the type of person to look on the bright side of things nor have hope that things will work out in the end. But, for once, he could focus on things that were not the next attempt on his life.

After Umbridge was sent to prison, it was like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. While she couldn't do much to him while at Crystal Rose, seeing as she had no power while in the school, it didn't stop him from worrying about her. Especially since after seeing her at his hearing, then seeing that she was the new DADA professor, and finally seeing how much of a blood purist she is, he was not surprised at all to know that she had sent the dementors after him the past summer.

He was a little worried about the potential of Umbridge getting broken out of jail by Fudge's minions, but his worries were put to rest when Krinos and Melody explained the Greek magical jails to him. In magical Greece, there were four main prisons. The first two were known as Styx and Acheron, named after two of the rivers in the Underworld. Styx is the river of hatred that the gods are known to make oaths and vows over. Acheron is the river of misery where all hopelessness is found. They were the lower-level prisons, the Styx for women prisoners, and Acheron for male prisoners. They were meant to hold those arrested for small things like theft, breaking and entering, shoplifting, and accidental manslaughter.

The next prison was Asphodel, named after the Asphodel Medows of the Underworld. In the Underworld, it's the place where souls go when they have not committed any crimes bad enough for the Fields of Punishment but also did not do anything great enough to go to the Elysian Fields. But for the prison, it is where criminals guilty of medium crimes go. Like assault, kidnapping, abduction, arson, or assisted suicide.

The worst is Tartarus Prison, the place named after the worst part of the Underworld. Where the most evil of monsters and titans were kept, including Kronos. The prison relates to that since it is where the badest of the bad are kept. Almost all prisoners there are there for life sentences, really long sentences, or were to stay for a short time before they were executed. Their crimes ranged from murder, mass murder, rape, or even treason, use of black magic, and attempting to break the stature of secrecy. It had been used for thousands of years since it was established, and no one could break out. Krinos and Melody even admitted to him that was the prison where their older brothers were sent after the two murdered their parents.

So, he had nothing to worry about regarding Umbridge ever leaving the prison. Fudge's minions would never stand a chance of ever even getting near the prison, let alone passing the guards, to her cell, and then getting out with her. It was more likely for a unicorn to give birth to a dragon than it was for a wand-user to escape a mystic soul prison.

Everything was, for once, looking up. Sirius, Olivia, and Remus were looking up ways to defeat Voldemort. Dumbledore was too busy dealing with Headmistress Jiwe, who was delaying him as much as she could about "potential mystic soul allies for the Order of the Phoenix," to annoy him. Krinos and Melody were so terrifying that they were keeping away Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Snape had not approached him since he had turned the adult bully into a toad. Harry was finally having a good year in the magical world, for once.

His luck also seemed to have been increasing as well. Such as how the trial took place on a Friday, so they all had the weekend to relax after Umbridge was sent to jail. And they all really needed that.

Harry had chosen to sleep in since he had been incredibly tired after everything that happened at the trial. When he had woken up, he was one of the few still in Winter Wolf. Most of his other housemates were gone. He figured not all of them would have slept in as late as he had. So, he chose to go out and look for his friends after he got dressed and ready for the day.

After he left Winter Wolf, he found many of his friends were nowhere in sight. He looked in the library, the greenhouse, and the Main Gallery. They were nowhere to be found. It was strange given the fact that they were usually in at least one of those places. Especially given that Krinos practically lived in the greenhouse.

As he continued to search, he saw a small group of students racing down a corridor. They all looked excited about something. Curious, Harry followed them. As he followed them, he could hear music starting to build. 

Following the group, they led him into an area of the school he had never been to before. And to a room he had not seen before. It was a stage. Not just a stage, but an entire concert hall inside the school. It looked big and grand enough to host Broadway plays. It was made of golden brown wood with carpet on the stairs as well as the rest of the floor. Not only were there rows of normal padded seats on the floor, but there was also a second floor of even more seats along with some balconies with a few more seats.

The stage itself was made of the same wood but with two columns on either side of it. The curtains were a very expensive-looking red silk that went along with the golden ropes used to control them. Above the stage were magically powered lights that were used to light up the stage.

Then, much to the shock of Harry, Krinos was on the stage with a bunch of their friends nearby. They were sitting either on the stage, on the edge of the stage, or in the front row of the seats. There were also a lot of other students that were sitting in the other seats. Melody, of course, was the one creating the music. After having been through some of his musical moments, Harry knew exactly what Krinos was going to do.

Sure enough, the nature mage started singing. 

"Sunshine, sunshine, raining sunshine."

"When you think all hope is gone
There's a place somewhere beyond
Take a chance and realize
It's right before your very eyes
."

Harry was not at all shocked by the choice of song. Krinos was anything but a "glass half empty" kind of guy. And it was quite easy to see why. He was always surrounded by so much life because of his powers, not to mention always being able to sense those closest to him through nature. So, he always knew how his loved ones were doing. 

Plus, what only made it all make more sense was that Krinos was a being of nature. So, a song all about sunshine fit him really well. Both for his personality and his powers.

"Leave the dark clouds far behind
And step outside, the weather's fine
."

"It's raining sunshine
It's raining sunshine
All over mankind
It's raining sunshine
."

As he sang, his powers and the stage were affected by his emotions. The lights all turned brighter as they lit up the stage. And not just with regular light. It was an entire rainbow of colors. Which helped to further illuminate all of the plants that were growing around the stage because of Krinos.

Vines slithered up the columns as if they were incredibly long snakes. After they stopped, a rainbow of flowers bloomed on each one. More vines spread around the concert hall while other plants also grew on the ground. It was as if Krinos's song was summoning a garden. And all the students looked to be enjoying themselves.

"As real as it can be
Believe in what you see
It's not just in your mind
It's raining sunshine
."

Harry smiled as he walked down the steps toward the stage. Krinos was certainly having the time of his life. He found it both ironic and fun that despite their magic, Krinos was the one who loved to sing while Melody provided the music. The two of them balanced each other out perfectly. He knew they were twins, but they were completely different Fred and George. While they had their differences, Fred and George liked to pretend they were the same person. Krinos and Melody, on the other hand, fully embraced being different.

"Sunshine, sunshine, raining sunshine
Sunshine, sunshine, raining sunshine.
"

The others were either dancing or taping to the beat. They all looked to be having the time of their lives.

Harry had to hand it to them. Despite the dementors, the trial, and all the annoyance from the still-prejudice Hogwarts students, the Crystal Rose students were still as carefree as the day he met them. None of them were letting all the disasters get to them. Though given everything he had heard about in terms of them having to deal with demons all the time, it made sense to him how they so easily could handle other disasters. They dealt with disasters on an almost daily basis. So, they have all adapted for them to still be able to live their lives without becoming paranoid about the next potential enemy.

"Something's in the atmosphere
Don't be scared of what you fear
Look around the storm has passed
Just hurricanes of happiness
."

"Raise up your umbrellas high
And stand beneath, the clear blue sky
."

The stage then lit up with even brighter rainbows of colors. It was a magnificent sight to behold. Between the magical lights, Krinos's plants, and the music, it was better than the Frog Choir at Hogwarts could ever even dream of being. No disrespect to Flitwick, since he ran the choir, but it was quite obvious how mystic souls knew how to put on a great show.

"It's raining sunshine
It's raining sunshine
All over mankind
It's raining sunshine
."

"As real as it can be
Believe in what you see
It's not just in your mind
It's raining sunshine
."

"Too many wonders to explain
Rays of sunlight, drops of rain
Coming down from up above
Cloudy with a chance of love
."

"Can't you feel it in the air?
Sweet sensations everywhere
Whatever weather is in store
Bring it on, 'cause I want more
."

Harry had never seen such an overjoyed group of people. The way they danced, sang along with Krinos, and used their magic to create more of a beautiful display. There has never been a sight brighter than the one in front of him.

"Sunshine, sunshine, raining sunshine."

"It's raining sunshine
It's raining sunshine
All over mankind
It's raining sunshine
."

"As real as it can be
Believe in what you see
It's not just in your mind
It's raining sunshine
."

The song ended and everyone cheered as Krinos playfully took a bow. But, it was obvious he was only doing it playfully. He would only sing to make his friends happy, not for the praise. This was the fourth time that Harry had heard him sing and he got more impressed by his talent every time he did.

"Oh, hey, Harry," Krinos smiled as he noticed the former wand-user. "I hope you enjoyed my little show."

"If that's what you consider 'little' then I am not sure I want to see how bright of a show you would put on for a 'big' show," Harry chuckled.

"None of us ever do things halfway," Melody giggled. "What would the point be in doing anything less than that? It's not as fun."

"Do you sing often, Krinos," Harry asked the nature mage.

"Every chance he gets," Hawk stated.

"More like every time Melody plays music and forces me," Krinos scoffed.

"Huh," Harry was confused.

"Krinos tends to burst into song whenever Melody plays the right music," White said. "If he knows the words, he will sing."

"It's more of a curse," Krinos grumbled.

"You love performing and you know it," Melody giggled.

"When I want to, not because you play music," Krinos argued.

The two of them instantly started to playfully argue with each other. It reminded Harry of whenever Fred and George would get into one of their "who is the more handsome brother" arguments. Meaning that it was not a real argument, but just them being playful with each other. 

Harry was about to ask the others how often the two would act like that, but they were interrupted. Harry sighed as he knew the peace and his lack of annoyance wouldn't last. As the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end." Most of the joyous talking and feelings stopped as the Crystal Rose students looked at Hermione, Ron, and Ginny entering the room. Krinos and Melody had also stopped their playful argument.

All of those who knew Harry personally were all ready to defend him against the three. But, only if Harry could not defend himself. They were hoping to see more of Harry's sassy side since it was always a fun sight to see.

"Yes," Harry looked at them, crossing his arms. "Can I help you?"

Given that Harry was usually one of the most cheerful and friendly people they could meet, it was easy to see how he felt about others. Whenever he wasn't being friendly and cheerful, it meant he really did not like someone. And given how they trusted Harry's judgment since he knew the Hogwarts students better than them.

Hermione was obviously already irritated by Harry's tone.

"I have had it with your attitude, Harry James Potter," she was already yelling.

"My ears hurt," White complained, holding his sensitive ears. "Any type of animal magic and a girl who loves yelling is not a good combination."

"What attitude," Harry raised his eyebrow. "Is it wrong to ignore those that do nothing but cause problems for me?"

That only served to get under Hermione's skin even more.

"That attitude," Hermione glared at him. "You have been incredibly disrespectful toward us and Headmaster Dumbledore."

"As I said, what is wrong with ignoring those that only cause me problems," Harry asked the same question.

"You are the one always causing problems, Potter," Ron yelled at him. "If it wasn't for us, you would have died back in our first year."

"I was the one always telling you two that we needed to get teachers," Harry argued. "Ron, you were the one that decided to get that idiot, Lockhart, when we were heading to the Chamber of Secrets. I wanted to get literally any other teacher. Both of you denied going to get any other teacher after McGonagall ignored us about the Sorcerer's Stone. For all you talk about me being the reason we got into danger, you ignore the truth."

"His life is so crazy that it would make a great book," Charlotte could not help but comment.

"Charlotte, now is most definitely NOT the time," T'challa slaps her on the back of her head.

"As if," Ron scoffed. "You always want all the glory for yourself. Just like last year."

"Here we go again," Harry pinched the bridge of his nose. "You know, Ron, you are the biggest hypocrite on the face of the earth."

"Hey," Ron instantly protested.

"Don't insult my brother," Ginny screamed at Harry.

"As the saying goes, the truth is out there and it hurts," Harry glared at the three of them.  "In fact, all of you are hypocrites."

"How dare you, Harry James Potter," Hermione yelled at him again.

"Does she think she's his mother or something," Abby raised an eyebrow.

"From what Harry has said, she's so focused on everyone doing whatever she wants that she fully believes she has the right to scold them like a parent," Vallia said.

"I feel sorry for any kids she does end up having in the future," Mason stated. "My family might be full of hot-heads and psychos, but not even we would be such horrible parents."

"You ARE hypocrites," Harry was not going to hold back. "You never see anything wrong with your actions while getting angry if you don't like does the same thing. You go after me for my fame, my money, the attention I get. But, you three are the greediest most fame-hungry people I have ever met."

"Harry, you don't really think that," Ginny said. "These monsters are just corrupting you."

"More proof that you are hypocrites," Harry nearly snarled. "You say that the Light is all about being good and spreading equality. But, in the end, you're even more prejudiced and biased than Voldemort."

"WE ARE NOTHING LIKE HIM," all three of them yelled at Harry.

"Your views are the same as his, only set in reverse," Harry glared at them. "You spread hate against Slytherins, dark wizards, creatures, mystic souls, and anything that isn't on Dumbledore's approved list. Where are your dark marks? Hasn't Dumbledore started branding his loyal followers?"

"Don't you dare call Dumbledore a dark lord," Hermione screamed. "He's the greatest wizard since Merlin! Maybe even better than him!"

"Wow, talk about an ego," Krinos rolled his eyes. "Saying they are better than Merlin. He is respected even among mystic souls."

"He is a manipulative old man who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children," Harry shouted. "He doesn't care about anyone or anything other than himself."

"He's done more for magical Britain than you could ever hope to," Ron looked ready to start throwing punches or curses.

"Why should I care about magical Britain," Harry's eyes burned with hatred. "No one in that country ever bothered to help me. Sirius and Remus were the first and both of them have given up on Britain the same as me."

"You can't give up on Britain," Hermione yelled at him some more. "It's your home."

Thunder could be heard from outside. All the Crystal Rose students who were aware of Harry's powers knew that the black-haired boy was really getting pissed. The more angry he got, the less control he had over his magic. He had made plenty of progress when it came to controlling his abilities. But, emotions supercharged their powers, which made them harder to control.

"It stopped being my home the second I was abandoned at the Dursleys to ten years of abuse," Harry stated. "The second Dumbledore allowed Sirius to be sent to jail without a trial. The second the so-called 'Light' allowed Remus and everyone like him to be treated as a second-class citizen."

More thunder could be heard.

"Uh oh," Melody could not help but gulp.

But, rather than getting worse, the thunder soon calmed down. Looking at Harry, they could see he was calming himself down. Unknown to them, it was because of the time Harry spent with his parents.

Harry remembered what his parents had told him on All Hallows' Eve. They had both said that one thing they were proud of was how he never gave in to hatred. He moved on and let go of those who hurt him. He was not going to disrespect his parents by giving in to hatred now. He was angry and he did hate them, but he was not going to let it rule his life.

"You can yell, scream, and shout all you want, but I no longer care," Harry tells the three annoyances. "None of you have any place in any heart or my life anymore."

Harry walked away, not letting the annoyances get another word in. If one thing was made clear at that moment, it was that Harry had truly grown. He had the heart of a storm inside of him. And when it comes to any storm, it does not able to be controlled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

861K 23.7K 34
It's post war and Harrison 'Harry' James potter is depressed. He's depressed that all these people gave up their lives for him. So in his sleep he ju...
1.1M 44.6K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
448K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
3.9K 79 15
Prologue "Hagrid give him with me." Sirius begged the big hairy man. "I'm sorry, I can't give him with yeh. Dumbledore asked me to bring him." Hagrid...