The Wedding | 18+

By habroman1a

Two completely different people meet at a wedding. Before the wedding, actually. Their worlds cross. "I ca... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 17

102 3 0
By habroman1a

Cora

"Look, Adam, this has been wonderful. It always is when we are together." I can feel my smile fading.

Sooner or later, we have to get the this goddamn cat out of this goddamn bag. I think I deserve at least an answer.

"But?" Adam's voice is low, he's looking outside of the window.

Blonde waiter comes with our drinks. Adam coughs.

"I think you should tell me what's really going on. Because I know that you like me, it is obvious."

"Cora, it will be difficult for you to understand." He sighs.

"At least let me try. Give me something! Anything! Otherwise you left me feeling like one of your one night stands."

"Cora, I have never met anyone like you in my life." He slightly touches my palm that is resting on the table.

"And believe me, I want to do better, to be better for you, but there are still so many things I need to deal with before I can even start thinking of making a relationship work."

"So you are breaking up with me? Again?" I chuckle, but I am not smiling.

"I just.." His phone starts ringing.

"Speaking of the things I need to deal with." He  groans once he checks who is calling.

"Sorry, I have to take this." He squeezes my hand a little and starts to get up, but I stop him.

"No, just talk here, it's okay."

I want him to think that he can include me in his life, but most importantly he is so full of secrets that it would be nice for me to know at least one of them.

"Shouldn't be long." He assures and puts his phone to his ear.

Immediately I can hear a woman screaming on the phone. Adam's face darkens.

"Mom, calm down!" He quietly says and my heart sinks.

"No, mom, Luke is gone. You need to go back to sleep."

But the women does not stop yelling.

"I'll be there."

In three seconds he is already standing up, holding my coat and his jacket in one hand and taking my hand in his other.

"Sorry, but this can't wait." He says abruptly and we start walking out. He is not looking at me.

Once we are in his car, I don't know what to think.

Is his mom okay? Is she sick? Who is Luke?

I look at Adam and he is not in a state where I could ask him any of those questions.

"I need to go and see her, she is going absolutely crazy." He says to me, but he is still not looking in my direction.

"Fuck, what about Vincent?" He is talking to himself.

"Fuck!" He suddenly raises his voice.

"Fuck!" He yells out and hits his steering wheel.

I immediately take his hand and hold it between mine.

I am not scared of him, I am scared of what could be so bad that it is making him lose his cool like this.

"Oh my god, Cora, I am so sorry."

"Hey, look, I don't have to do anything tomorrow, I can stay up late, so how about I deal with Vincent while you are dealing with your mom?" I can't believe what I am saying. For all I know, Vincent could be his son.

"No, I can't ask that of you." He is shaking his head.

"You should be more concerned about the fact that I could rob your place."

He gives me a little smile.

"Cora, this is absurd."

"I asked you, not the other way around. Let me just help you."

"Why would you even want to help me after what I just said to you?"

"Well, no one is ever that broken, that he can't love." I smile.

I think that was convincing enough, because he starts driving.

He is an excellent driver, I don't even feel the bumps. What can't he do?

We pull up in his driveway.

I don't know why I am surprised to see that he lives in a house. Maybe because the house looks even better than what I had imagined.

"Take the keys. Vincent is usually very friendly, he has never bitten anyone before. Just say "eat" and he will show you where his food is. And could you please let him out in the backyard on the other side of the house, it has a fence and nothing bad should happen." Adam looks so stressed.

"Oh, Vincent is a dog!" I laugh.

"Of course, he is a dog, silly!"

"When will you be back?" I am just now starting to realise that Adam is actually letting me inside his home. While he is not even there. And it is late.

"Two hours in total on the road. I should be able to come back once she has taken her pills and is fallen back asleep, because then my father comes home from his work."

"Okay, don't worry about us, we'll be fine." I give him a quick smile and open the car door.

"Cora, you don't need to stay up waiting, you can just sleep in my bed."

I close the door, so I wouldn't have to answer nor look at him. My cheeks are burning.

What the actual fuck? How is this actually happening?

I hear barking.

Of course, I start to think that I could be the first one whom Vincent bites.

I slowly unlock the door and peek inside of the house. The lights turn on automatically.

Vincent is sitting in the middle of the room and he is very much aggressively barking at me.

I inhale and exhale and try to stay calm. I don't know if it's true what they say about the fact that dogs can smell fear, but I don't want to find out tonight.

I walk in and close the door, I can hear him getting up.

I slowly turn around to face him.

"Hi, Vincent!" I say cheerfully.

He is a black labrador.

"Oh, you are just such a beautiful boy!" I gasp and put my hand to my mouth.

His tail is wagging but he looks confused.

I take off my boots and put down my coat, then I sit on the floor.

When I try to pat him, he barks at me and I jump.

"I am Adam's friend, Adam is busy right now, so I will be taking care of you." I try to explain to him, since he looks really well trained.

But Vincent just tilts his head to the left side, looking even more confused, I let out a chuckle.

"I am dad's friend!" I try it this way.

Vincent's tail starts wagging crazy fast and he starts stomping his legs from excitement.

I smile, because Adam calls himself dad to his dog.

"Dad will be home later, okay?" I ask slowly.

Vincent barks one time.

"You are so smart, aren't you?"

He barks again.

"Let's eat, Vincent!" I get up, not knowing what to do now.

He gets up too and starts walking further into the house, showing me where to go. He looks more calm, but he is still looking back at me, staring into my soul.

I notice that Adam doesn't have any decorations, not even picture frames.

Vincent then shows me the exact cabinet where his food is placed and together we get to know how many cups does he eat. After that I let him out, and he acts just like the best dog. He even cleans his paws on the carpet after he comes back in.

I can't stop thinking about Adam. I am in his house and he is everywhere. His smell, his dirty plate in the sink, his beer bottle on the table, his towels in the bathroom, his bedsheets on his bed.

I feel like my head will explode.

I have never wanted him more than right this second.

I want to make sure that he is okay. I want him to tell me everything about his life. I want him to trust me, to let me in.

I want to touch him all over his body. I want him to be mine. I want to spend every minute of every day with him.

I need to show him how much I need him. And I need him to need me back.

Oh my..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

866 5 29
*Warning explicit sexual content and vulgar language. Reader discretion is advised, 18+* **Disclaimer: This is a FICTIONAL story! If a woman says no...
5.8K 104 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
2.5K 142 73
"You have no idea how badly I want to make love to you," he responds with a shake of his head. "I love you so much," he continues and my heart melts...
2.8M 86.7K 54
[COMPLETE] They say weddings are eventful, to say the least. Anything could happen. What I didn't expect however, was him. My mistake. It's been...