๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„

By -kkate

"There's more to life then what they're showing you Dai, just get out and explore" More

๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„
๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐„๐
๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐‹๐•๐„
๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐ˆ๐…๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐ˆ๐—๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐๐“๐„๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐„๐
๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐“๐„๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜-๐๐ˆ๐๐„

๐…๐ˆ๐๐€๐‹ ๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘: ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐˜

14.6K 923 329
By -kkate

-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

"Hi ma! I missed you sooo much," Daila exclaimed when she walked inside Ezrah's mother's home.

"Hi Daila, I missed you too girl. How are you? And the baby?" Taraji asked as she turned her burner on low before facing the pregnant woman.

"We're good, I think he's missing his dad though, he's been kicking all day long,"

"You haven't seen him today?"

"Not really, he said it was an emergency at the label so he left out early this morning, haven't seen him since," Daila replied as she sat down in a barstool, now that she was 7-months pregnant with her and Ezrah's first child, she couldn't stand as long as she used to.

"Oh wow, oh! I forgot to tell you, happy anniversary! That's today right?" Tariji said causing Daila to smile.

"Thank you, and yes it is today. Four years together is sooo crazy to me,"

"You guys doing anything today?"

"Honestly, I don't even think he remembers. It's just been so much going on lately with the baby, with the label, and my salon, we probably won't do anything," Daila said, a little sad.

The couple usually took turns planning their anniversary celebration, so one year Daila would on plan and the next Ezrah would.

Although Ezrah still ended up outdoing Daila on her years. 

This year was Ezrah's year but Daila was probably guessing that there would be no celebration, which made her a little sad but it was okay.

"Well don't doubt it yet, it's only...five, you never know," Taraji said but Daila just shrugged, frowning when she felt her son kick her again.

"This damn boy,"

"Ezrah, where are we?" Daila asked her boyfriend who was guiding her somewhere as she had a blindfold over her eyes.

"Chill mama, just hold on," Ezrah said as he walked her into a venue.

"Don't let me fall Tremani, and hurry please because my ankles hurt so bad," Daila said causing him to shake his head.

"I'm not gon' let you fall, can't have you crushing my lil nigga in there,"

"boy stop calling my baby that!" She fussed causing him to laugh.

"Ight, stay right here," He instructed after letting her hand go.

"Take the blindfold off mama,"

She huffed before taking the blindfold off, her eyes widened at what she saw.

They were in some type of venue, the lighting was dim.

All of their friends and family were there, watching the beautiful moment take place. Even her father was there, whom she now had a better relationship with.

She and Ezrah were standing on a platform that was elevated a bit, the floor was covered with roses and candles and in front of her was Ezrah, who was down on one knee.

"Tremani, stop playing with me," She frowned causing him to shake his head, she always thought someone was playing with her.

"Tremani.." She said, her eyes watering as she watched him go in his pocket, pulling out a velvet ring box.

He opened the box, revealing a beautiful iced-out ring, one that was perfect for her. She immediately fell in love with it.

"Oh my God..." She said when he grabbed her trembling hand, kissing it lightly.

She couldn't help herself, she leaned down and placed a small kiss on his lips, she truly loved this man.

"I ain't even said nothing, why you crying mama?" He asked her, not even being able the smile he had on his face.

"Because this is so beautiful! And your son is doing cartwheels in my stomach," She frowned causing him and their family to laugh.

"Hurry Uncle E! We hungry!" Kafeya's daughter, Milan, fussed causing everyone to laugh.

"Ight, Ight...damn, ion even know where to start, uh, I remember when I first saw you, that shit was ghetto as hell. I almost shot yo' driver and shit, then I was mean as hell to you. But you was still so damn nice to me, which was crazy to me but that's just how you are,"

"You so kind, and caring regardless of what the situation was, and I think that's one of the main reasons why I fell in love with you. That's when you was tryna' act all innocent and shit, I know you far from that shit though. Shit, that's why you pregnant now, when we was on that boat and you-

"Tremani!" She exclaimed, cutting him off before he got deep into reminiscing.

"Lord," She heard his mother say as the rest of the family laugh.

"My bad, but on some real shit, you the love on my life Daila. I know we done had our times where shit wasn't the best, but the love I got for you ain't never going. It's so much shit that I love about you, but I'd need all the time in the world to finish even a third of that list. It be the little shit, like how you make sure to kiss me every time you see me, it don't matter if I was at work or if i just went to go to the bathroom in the middle of our movie, you still do it. You so attentive, and considerate. And you beautiful as hell on top of that, like that shit so crazy ta' me. Ion know what I did to deserve you, but I thank God for you everyday. You changed my life baby,"

"We was gon' be together forever regardless of what happened, but I'm tryna' make that shit more official. Like I want you to be the person to decide if I needa' get open-heart surgery or not, type shit,"

"So, Daila Imani Perkins, will you marry me?" He finished, and by that time Daila was a sobbing mess.

Kafeya, Blossom, and a few other people in the room were crying as well. It was such a beautiful moment to witness.

"Yes!" She exclaimed trying to pull herself together but it was no help. The family immediately clapped and cheered.

She watched him slide the ring on her hand which was shaking like crazy.

"You like it ma?"

"I love it so much! Get up so that I can kiss you!" She told him causing him to laugh, he placed a kiss on her belly before standing up and placing a kiss on her lips, keeping it family friendly, of course.

"I love you Tremani,"

"I love yo' pretty ass so much more,"

The End

NOTE FROM KATE: Hi everyone! I just want to thank everyone for supporting me on this journey of creating this book for y'all to enjoy, and I hope that y'all did.

Thank you for all your votes, comments, criticisms, and ghost readers, thanks for y'all invisible support, I love y'all too.

But that's all, again, thank you for all the love and support on this book, and lmk what yall think of it.

I love you all, and I'm forever grateful for y'all.  Hopefully I see y'all again in my next work!

- 𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚎 ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 119K 61
๐šˆ๐™พ๐š„'๐š๐™ด ๐™ผ๐šˆ ๐š‚๐™ฐ๐™ป๐š…๐™ฐ๐™ถ๐™ด, ๐šˆ๐™พ๐š„'๐š๐™ด ๐™ผ๐šˆ ๐™ฑ๐™ฐ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ฒ๐™ด
927K 38.6K 53
|๐˜๐˜„๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ณ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ| /๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป/ ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ...
30.4K 1.4K 13
โThis is just my truth,โž
448K 23.8K 31
"๐–บ๐—…๐—… ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž ๐—€๐—ˆ๐—๐—๐–บ' ๐–ฝ๐—ˆ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—Œ๐–บ๐—’ ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ"