A Little Death

By fulldaywritersblock

'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' I get down on one knee. 'Wil... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII

VI

23 1 9
By fulldaywritersblock

Skyler's POV

My head is throbbing and my vision is blurry. I feel like someone just hit me in the stomach with a standing lamp. 

I wake up to myself hanging upside down with some rope in a dark room. Oh, great.

I guess I kind of deserve this.

'You're awake.' A deep voice speaks from the darkness.

'Batman?'

'Close, but no. It's me, Joshua.'

'LET ME DOWN.'

'What are you gonna do if I don't?'

Touché.

'All right,' he says, after a while, 'I'm gonna let you down now, you've been hanging upside down for an unhealthy amount of time and I don't want another case pressed on me. You wanna know what it was about? OH WAIT, YOU PROBABLY ALREADY DO.'

He gets mad like a fucking toddler.

He stands up and walks towards me, with a hacksaw blade. But instead of me, he cuts the rope I was hanging from.

'Thanks.' I mumble.

'Oh, no need to thank me.' He says, as he leaves the room. Leaving me on the floor. Still tied. With a rope. My whole body.

'OH COME ON, JUST GIVE ME A LITTLE HELP.' I didn't really get trained for this.

I was trained to not pass out. I wouldn't, if I had dodged the punch he had thrown which by the way, still hurt like hell. But I didn't dodge, thanks brain. Now I was lying on the floor, wrapped neck-to-toe in rope. I couldn't do anything. But then I saw the hacksaw on the floor. Perfect. I walk- no, rolled over to it. I reach it. But if I cut a millimeter in the wrong place, it's gonna add to the punch sensation.

Perfect, the ideal way to spend my Friday evening. I struggled but cut the rope a little eventually, creating an opening for my hand to slip through, I grab the blade and cut open the rest of my rope. It's sad, so much good rope going to waste.

With my newly untied body, I walk over to the door, barely able to see in the darkness and open it. I open the door to the living room of his house again.

'So you ARE a mafia boss's daughter.'

'Wha-'

'I wouldn't believe it, passing out after just one punch, you couldn't even dodge!'

'It was a moment of weakness.'

'Nah, I'd say it was your incompetence.'

I decide not to argue further. 

'Joshua, I'm sorry.'

'Should've said that before I tied you up and hung you upside down.'

'Nah, it was like a skill-building exercise. So, how did you know? Some sort of application that triggers an alarm when you open a file? A hidden virus?'

'Know what?'

'What?'

'What? OH, THAT, I didn't know.'

'Then how did you-'

'You looked nervous so I used some logic, you idiot.'

'I looked nervous?'

'You were sweating and shit.'

'Well, that punch hurt like hell.'

'I know.' he says, with a smile.

'So you just happen to have a shitload of rope enough to wrap a fully grown human?'

'I have enough to wrap 10.'

Yeah, definitely deranged. 

'So, you're not upset?'

'Nah, it was fun to torture someone after a long time.'

'How long?'

'Uh, when did we last meet? Right, about 2 days.'

'Fuck you.'

'So why did you call me then anyway?'

'Oh, uh I needed a favour.'

'What?'

'So there's this party...'

'SURE I'LL BE YOUR DATE'

'You dumbfuck, it's a mission.'

'What?'

'My dad's hosting a party and I need to be there.'

'Well, duh, but how is it a mission?'

I sigh.

'Ok, since I know about your past, you might as well know about mine. See, my dad, he's uh... well, I kind of ran away from home.'

'Oh. So what's the mission?'

'Uh, I just wanna be there, see how he's doing.'

'Sure you do.'

'Fine, I wanna kill someone there.'

'Why?'

'He's the chief general of the mafia's fighters and my dad wouldn't mind if he was gone, he doesn't like him anyway.'

'So, why did you run away from your dad?'

'Look, he did something questionable, ok.'

'What did he do?'

I guess I owe him the truth. 'He killed my boyfriend.'

'He WHAT?'

'Yeah, he cheated on me and my dad found out, so he got the man executed.'

'And you're mad about it?'

'I was gonna break with him because he was an annoying little shit and I hated him but my dad should've asked me before killing him. It's not about my boyfriend, it's about my dad interfering too much in things related to my life without even telling me about it.'

'You're crazy.'

'Anyways, there's something else to the man I wanna kill. He was the reason we were attacked that day. He plans all the attacks.'

'I see. I'm coming then.'

'Great! You're free tomorrow?'

'It- uh- yeah, I guess.'

'What about your job?'

'I resigned.'

'Oh. Okay, meet me at the Blue Liquor club tomorrow, 8 PM.'

'What's the dress code?'

'Just wear a suit.'

'Bold of you to assume I have one.'

I sigh.

'Fine, we'll meet here again tomorrow, 6:30 PM.'

'Done.'

Joshua's POV

How could she just go behind my back and do that? I mean, she apologized, but that doesn't make it better. I'll just let it be for now, but if she does something like that again. 

She's gonna regret it.

Equal rights, equal fights.

At least I get a chance to fight again. 

I walk out of my living room and go the park outside my house. It's about 5 PM right now. I don't wanna be at home. I also need to get a new job. 

I just need something to occupy myself. When I had decided to take the job at my old office, I'd been trying to help people, but it wasn't really my thing. I guess I have to put it on hold for now.

I walk over to an empty bench in the park and watch the children play, run around. I had wished so hard to be able to play like that as a child, freely, happily. But I had to worry about my mom. And my brother.

I hadn't thought about Jordan for a long time. I miss him. Sure, he was only an hour-long drive away, but I didn't miss his presence. I missed that bond we used to have. I still loved him, and I'm sure he loved me too. But slowly, we'd started to drift apart after I moved away from Bridstoke, trying to get rid of my childhood memories. 

Of course, it hadn't worked, I hadn't gotten rid of them. But the trauma, it was almost gone. It had taken a shitload of therapy and a lot of patience, but it was almost gone. I was distracted too. I'd tried to convince my brother to move away. But he was pretty okay there. He had friends, he'd gotten a job he enjoyed. He was living a better life than me. And I was happy for him. I just wished we hadn't grown apart. 

--------------------------------------

Author's note: This ended on a sad note so I don't wanna shove my advertisement in your face, but-

I gotta do what I gotta do-

Vote and comment pookie <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.8K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
758K 22K 65
He was her rock, her best friend, her first love. He became her worst nightmare, her tormentor, her captor She was his everything. His obsession. Th...
438K 13.2K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
7.3K 658 22
NOTE: This is completed but unedited. It will be going through major changes soon including with plot and character changes. Once it is all changed...