linger | quinn hughes

By blond43d

。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she w... More

𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿
𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲
𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝗲𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

2.9K 78 33
By blond43d

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿
trauma responses !

( tw! sort of panic attack. if u don't feel comfortable feel free to skip it and dm me for a summary. love u all<3 )

her birthday had passed abnormally fast, thank god, and the couple, plus jule, spent the whole day hanging out and watching movies, literally every girls dream.

unfortunately quinn was leaving the same day devon could not skip training. she had a big presentation that she hadn't told anyone about coming up. so as much as she wanted to skip it to spend those few hours with her boyfriend, she couldn't. quinn understood, kinda, since he didn't know why she was adamant, but he insisted on going to pick her up when she was finished so they could go eat dinner and then take him to the airport.

as she landed perfectly on her two feet after tumbling, she took a deep breath and with a smile turned around, ready to go to the locker rooms and change.

"dev" she heard, prompting her to turn around and smile upon seeing quinn standing there with keys in hand.

"quinn! you're early"

"you're late" he chuckled, kissing her cheek.

"oh, i'm sorry. just let me go grab my bag" devon chuckled, pointing back to the locker room. quinn smiled and nodded as she quickly kissed him on the cheek and sprint away.

the atmosphere seemed eerie, for some unknown reason. she supposed it was just a quiet day but she was deeply mistaken.

just as she stepped out from the room she heard a loud noise, something mimicking a firework. she furrowed her brows, standing completely still.

suddenly three more shots were heard loudly across the building, followed by screams. she jumped in her place with wide eyes, only then realizing they were gunshots.

people started to run, everyone trying to find a place to hide but she was frozen, she couldn't move. suddenly, someone grabbed her completely freaking her out, she desperately tried to break free until she realized it was quinn who was in front of her.

"devon. dev!" she heard him say. at her unresponsive form he placed his hands over her cheeks "dev, we have to hide" he said, quickly wrapping his arms around her and rushing them to the locker rooms, hiding somewhere between the wall and the lockers.

quinn brought them to the floor, devon unknowingly leaning on his chest as she hugged her legs to her chest. quinn quickly wrapped his arms and legs around her as best as he could, trying to protect her however he could.

he knew the shooting was outside, since he was at the entrance when it started, but nothing could guarantee that crazy people like them wouldn't hesitate to enter the first building they saw, that being the gym.

quinn had sworn when they first dated that he wouldn't allow anything to hurt her. he had already broken that once, he wouldn't allow for it to happen again.

"dev, you're okay, we're okay" he whispered in her ear, hoping that his touch would bring her out from her frozen state.

tears were silently coating her cheeks, still frozen in shock and fear. all she could do was grip quinn's hand tightly on hers, not even able to mutter a word.

she wasn't even aware quinn had quietly dialed the emergency hotline, explaining their situation and location. not even aware that he was desperately trying to make her snap back while whispering things into her ear.

after what seemed like decades, but was actually an hour, the silence became deafening. quinn didn't know what to do, he had a shivering devon in his arms and the grip she had on his hand prohibited him from moving at all.

after a while, someone's hesitant footsteps alerted quinn. he tried to stay calm, holding her tightly and putting a hand over her mouth in precaution.

"is anyone here?" he heard someone ask quietly. devon's eyes widened considerably, shakily removing his hand from her mouth.

"kevin. it's kevin" she shakily said with a sore throat, pointing in the direction of the voice. quinn was confused as fuck but the steps coming closer were scaring him.

"dev? are you okay?" a male voice asked, rounding the corner and finally catching sight of the couple huddled up together on the floor.

quinn's chest was erratically moving up and down, confused at the whole thing. for all he knew, this guy could be one of the shooters and he seemed to know devon.

"quinn" she whispered, looking at him hopefully.

for some reason, in her shocked state, she still managed to fill quinn with calmness, making him bedgruginly look at the guy standing in front of them "who are you?"

"i'm the manager of the place, the police are outside. the place is clear, i'm sorry if i scared you" the guy said sheepishly, nodding at them once and walking away, leaving quinn to breath deeply and lean back on the wall.

quinn somehow managed to stand up without letting go of her hand, leaning down to grab her waist and carefully getting her up.

he gently hoisted her up, supporting her weight by putting one arm underneath her and the other cradling her head to his chest as she wrapped her arms around his neck and legs around his waist for support "i'm sorry" she whispered shakily, leaning her head on his shoulder as he cautiously started to walk out of their hiding place.

"why are you apologizing?" he quietly asked, threading his hand through her hair softly.

"i don't know"

quinn just kissed the side of her face gently, completely ignoring the cops surrounding the place and walking to his car with devon on his arms.

he quickly drove them home, carrying her up to her apartment silently as she clinged into him. the couple eerily walked into the apartment, ignoring jule's calls for them and locking themselves in the room. laying awake for hours just clinging into each other's hands. in complete, and utter, silence.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

devon felt like she was dead.

it felt like she was floating around in the middle of an ocean, completely in the dark in utter and complete silence.

she wasn't sure she was still breathing. her body was too still for it to be alive, too unresponsive.

she slowly opened her eyes, finding herself alone in her bedroom. she thought she would've panicked but her body was too drained from energy she couldn't even do that.

it wasn't until she felt someone lay down next to her that she realized she was alive and that she could, in fact, speak "quinn?" she quietly asked, clearing her throat afterwards.

"he went to the living room a while ago and fell asleep on the couch. he told me what happened" the person mumbled, looking at her in concern "talk to me dev"

"i- i can't"

jule sighed quietly, hating how lifeless his sister looked. it made him want to curl up in a ball and die "come on, you have to eat something" he said, frowning when she quietly refused.

"you have to eat" he said pointedly, furrowing his brows in total concern.

"i'm not hungry" she whispered, not looking away from the certain spot in the ceiling she was hyperfixated in.

"you haven't eaten since yesterday" jule explained, worried.

"i'm not hungry"

"come on devy" he said lowly, grabbing her by the waist and hauling her up, holding her hand as they walked to the living room.

she frowned when she saw quinn asleep on the couch, looking widly uncomfortable. she followed jule to the kitchen, hugging herself as she sat down on the stool.

"i was scared" she whispered after a while as she watched her best friend grab things from the fridge. she talked so quietly that jule almost didn't hear her "i was so scared and all i could do was shake in quinn's arms, i couldn't even speak or blink or move. i'm so pathetic"

"devon, you're not pathetic. never. everyone has different responses to traumas and yours was perfectly reasonable" he said as he walked around the bar separating them, standing in front of her "i'm pretty sure i honestly would've cried or something, you were brave, even if you were crying, you were brave. that's all that matters"

"i'm sorry"

"you really need to work on your apology thing" he mused, looking at her pointedly "now, go cuddle your boyfriend while i make food. you need to eat and i'm starving" he chuckled, gently shooing her from the kitchen.

━ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

as much as he didn't want to, luke saw devon as his older sister. he always had since the moment he met her and he was pretty sure that would never change.

with that feeling towards her came the unexplainable urge to protect her like any sibling would, like he knows his own brothers do. he swore he would protect her no matter what, as much as he could.

which is why the first thing he did once he heard of the shooting was drive all the way to new york. he didn't care that he literally ran out of practice, he couldn't even care about the consequences he might have once he got back. all he cared about right now was to see if devon and quinn were okay.

after his conversation with quinn, luke quickly texted jule for updates, finding out that his brother and practically sister were really shaken up, which just prompted him to drive faster.

by the time he got to their apartment, he found jule sitting on the bar while watching tiktok quietly on his phone "hey man"

"hey? how are they?" luke asked with a quirked brow, walking quietly to jule.

"asleep, on the couch. i made them food but i felt like a dick trying to wake them up" jule mumbled distractedly causing luke to chuckle briefly.

"how bad was it?"

"quinn was picking up dev at the gym when it happened. he told me they hid in the locker rooms and stayed there for like a hour. dev was completely unresponsive the whole time, still is" jule sighed, running his hands through his face in stress.

"why do you look exhausted?" luke questioned, looking at julien funnily.

"cause i'm exhausted. i only slept for eight hours"

"you're ridiculous" luke laughed, standing up and walking to the couch, kneeling in front of the couple while silently debating what to do. nervertheless, he quickly settled for trying to wake up quinn, not having the heart to wake devon up.

after little struggle, quinn finally managed to open his eyes, tightening his grip on his girlfriend's waist.

"hey, huggybear"

"moosey. what are you doing here?" he mumbled sleepily, looking a his brother through squinted eyes.

"came to see you" luke shrugged, looking at them through concerned eyes.

quinn stayed silent, not knowing what else to say. what could he say? 'hey, we  got stuck in the middle of a shooting and i couldn't break down cause dev was on the verge of breaking and i'm a man, it would've been embarrassing to cry' yeah, he couldn't say that "she's in bad shape"

luke, unbelieving, just stared at him, narrowing his eyes slightly "how are you?"

"i'm fine" he insisted, avoiding his little brother's stare "just help me get her back, i need to leave tonight" quinn said regretfully, hating that he had to leave but he couldn't postpone it. as much as he hated it, he had responsibilities to fulfill.

"i'll stay here with her. i'm a rookie, i'm not important" luke shrugged, completely glossing over the fact that he would get in trouble.

"you're important to me moosey" dev mumbled, surprising both hughes', since they both thought she was asleep

"hey devy. don't you wanna get away from my annoying brother, maybe go eat something?" luke suggested gently, grabbing her hand supportively.

"i'm not hungry" dev said quietly, feeling quinn leave a lingering kiss on her head.

"okay. still, let's get away from him" luke said chuckling, using the grip on her hand to urge her up. quinn left a kiss on her cheek, hoping it would maybe make her feel better as she walked away.

luke smiled as he pulled devon with him, to the kitchen to at least eat a banana while quinn stayed laying down for a minute.

"please eat the banana" luke said as he handed her the food, watching her as she ate little bites here and there "how are-"

"how's hockey?" devon asked, deliberately interrupting him.

"it's okay, i fell on my ass yesterday" luke laughed, his eyes sparkling when he saw her lips curl up a little.

"that's normal for you hughes' though"

"so mean"

𝗯𝘆 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗱𝟰𝟯𝗱
😇😇
her reaction kind of reminds me of wiress from hunger games dhmu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 666 31
to him, she was always his heaven.
142K 2.7K 43
❝ it's hard because i think i love him. and i'm not a home wrecker, I refuse! so i'll stick this out and get over it. ❞ . . ⋆。˚ 🧸 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 ━...
53.7K 405 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?
141K 1.4K 63
I love the Hughes brothers, you love the Hughes brothers, we all love the Hughes brothers. (all imagines will be female pov.)