LIFELINE | 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙮 𝙒𝙚𝙖īŋŊ...

Oleh NivenArchel

"Oh my God, I fell in love with a nerd," Percy Weasley was a rule follower. Prim, proper and perfect, he hate... Lebih Banyak

L I F E L I N E
- PART I
â–Ēī¸Ž 01.
â–Ēī¸Ž 02.
â–Ēī¸Ž 03.
â–Ēī¸Ž 05.
â–Ēī¸Ž 06.
â–Ēī¸Ž 07.
â–Ēī¸Ž 08.
â–Ēī¸Ž 09.
â–Ēī¸Ž 10.
â–Ēī¸Ž 11.
â–Ēī¸Ž 12.
â–Ēī¸Ž 13.
â–Ēī¸Ž 14.
â–Ēī¸Ž 15.
â–Ēī¸Ž 16.
â–Ēī¸Ž 17.
â–Ēī¸Ž 18.
â–Ēī¸Ž 19.
â–Ēī¸Ž 20.
â–Ēī¸Ž 21.
â–Ēī¸Ž 22.
â–Ēī¸Ž 23.
â–Ēī¸Ž 24.
â–Ēī¸Ž 25.
â–Ēī¸Ž 26.
â–Ēī¸Ž 27.
â–Ēī¸Ž 28.
â–Ēī¸Ž 29.
â–Ēī¸Ž 30.
â–Ēī¸Ž 31.
â–Ēī¸Ž 32.
â–Ēī¸Ž 33.
â–Ēī¸Ž 34.
â–Ēī¸Ž 35.
â–Ēī¸Ž 36.
â–Ēī¸Ž 37.
â–Ēī¸Ž 38.

â–Ēī¸Ž 04.

1.6K 48 14
Oleh NivenArchel

"Come on! We're going to be late for the History of Magic." Eliza said, dragging Claire and James with her. They had not stopped bickering, and Rehan was nowhere in sight, making Eliza go crazy over their arguments.

Everyone had settled, except for those three. Rehan had managed to give his books back and make in time as he waved a hand towards all three of them, only Eliza waving back, James and Claire too busy glaring at each other.

Seeing their usual places gone, but the only place left was a single empty bench and a side on the bench in front of the empty one.

"Listen here, you two, I don't care what you do. You both better make up by the end of this class, and you're sitting together." Eliza said sternly.

Admittedly, it wasn't an ideal place to sit, but it was better than sitting beside a brooding James and a complaining Claire. She marched forward and took up her place beside Percy.

Eliza was not surprised to find Percy already a fourth into the textbook, not even noticing her presence.

The class was noisy, seeing that Professor Binns was not here yet. There were still a few minutes left for the class to begin, and Professor Binns came on time.

Professor Binns floated into the classroom, a droning voice resonating around. "Good morning, Professor."

Only then Percy looked around, standing immediately and sitting down, noticing Eliza. He raised his brows in surprise.

Eliza smirked, "It's only for today, Weasley. Don't flatter yourself." She said.

Percy stuttered, turning pink. He had to take a minute before he straightened himself and was able to reply, "I was just merely surprised. You never took a seat beside me."

"Settle down class, today we will be going through the topics that come in your O.W.L.s. So I suggest to listen than engage in useless activities." Professor Binns said.

The entire class managed to listen to him for a maximum of five minutes. Then almost everyone's eyes became glossy and bored, except for Percy, who listened with rapt attention, writing down everything useful.

Ten minutes into the class, everyone was drowsy. They were either doodling on spare parchment or focused on some other work to not fall asleep.

A half eyes open Eliza glanced at Percy. It seemed as though Professor Binns' sleepy voice had no effect on him whatsoever, as he scribbled down notes, dipping his quill into his ink bottle.

Behing her, James and Claire were whispering. Whether their argument extinguished or not, Eliza had no idea, but in front of the class, Rehan stacked his books and kept his head on them, trying hard not to shut his eyes.

After an hour of struggle, the bell finally rang. The entire class shuffled out lazily, their sleepiness washing away with each footstep.

Percy, however, walked on, reading his freshly written notes.

"How come you don't get sleep during Professor Binns class?" Eliza asked, falling in step beside him.

"Because I'm a Prefect. I should not be feeling sleepy during a class." Percy replied as if that had explained everything.

"Holly is a Prefect, and she still gets sleepy." Eliza said.

"I don't know about her, but I'm not supposed to be feeling sleepy." Percy said sternly and waking away.

Eliza shook her head. No sooner than a few steps, someone else fell into step beside her.

"That class was awful. If that's the first class of this year, I don't even want to imagine the rest." Rehan said, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, well, Percy over there would disagree." Eliza said. "He kept writing in Binns' class, and I didn't even take out my quill. Looking at him is making me feel like I'll fail my O.W.L.s."

"Percy's—" Rehan started only for James to bump into him, not even looking back because of a serious discussion he was having with Claire.

"Oh God," Eliza said, hiding half her face with her hand.

"What's up with those two?" Rehan asked, frowning at them.

Eliza sighed. "They fought. Over his girlfriend. Leave it. You can't say anything to them."

"It looks like—"

"—Claire's jealous, yes."

***

The rest of the day flew by without any great incident. The only thing that was worth mentioning was the look on Filch's face after Fred, George, and Lee Jordan threw three Dungbombs consecutively and earned themselves detention.

Percy was telling a first year with bushy hair about Fred and George's behavior. She seemed to be like Percy, agreeing with every word he said.

Meanwhile, Claire and James were perfectly fine with each other. If not, they were more formal, but otherwise, they were fine and not shouting.

With a full stomach, all four of them walked into the Gryffindor Portrait. Eliza telling the password, and climbing inside.

"I'm full and sleepy. I'm going to bed." Clarie said, climbing up the girls' dormitory.

"Yeah, me too." James said, following suit.

Rehan looked from James to Eliza. She shrugged, either it was a coincidence or they were up to something. Considering going to bed and reading, Rehan too left.

Stretching herself, Eliza finally found peace throughout the day. Deciding that it was better to tackle her most boring homework – History of Magic – she went and sat beside Percy, knowing he was the only one who had jotted anything.

Percy was scribbling furiously on his parchment. He seemed to have dropped talking to the first year and thought dealing with his homework was a better use of time.

"Oh, it's you. What do you want?" Percy snapped at the interruption of his work.

Eliza smirked. "Can I have a kiss?" She asked. It was truly enjoyable, messing with Percy.

"Excuse me?" Percy asked hotly, but his cheeks turned red nevertheless.

"A kiss, Weasley, ever heard of one?" Eliza asked sarcastically, taking up a chair beside him.

Percy pushed up his glasses. He had no idea what to reply to that. What was she playing at? Percy thought.

"Can you lend me your History of Magic notes? For now?" Eliza asked.

Percy turned to her sharply. So this was what she wanted. He didn't like it when others didn't write their own notes but asked him for his. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"Why?" He simply said, putting his quill down neatly beside his books.

Eliza noticed that he stacked his books according to height wise and width wise. In the room of messy things, it was the only thing that was in order.

"You are the only one who wrote anything." Eliza said.

Percy huffed. His pride didn't want to give her anything, but at the same time, he couldn't deny her.

He stood up and looked down at Eliza, who was looking up at him with a questioning glance. He readjusted his glasses. "I need to go to the library. My notes are there, the one with a red ribbon."

"Library?" Eliza voiced. "Can you get me the stories of Beedle the Bard while you're at it? I forgot mine." She asked sheepishly.

Percy sighed. "Alright." And walked out of the portrait hole.

Taking the red ribboned scroll, she opened it, finding notes written in impressive cursive.

"Wow." Eliza breathed out. "If I wrote like this, I'd also be invested in studies."

Silently reading them, Eliza copied down the important points onto her parchment.

No sooner than later, James came down from the boys' dormitory. He looked like he sulked the entire day and was forced to go out. It was past curfew, however.

"Where are you going?" Eliza asked. "It's past curfew."

"For a walk. I need some fresh air." James said, lying.

"It's over nine—" Eliza said, looking at her watch, but James left already.

Not even five minutes later, Claire came down the stairs. Eliza made her mind that something was definitely up.

"Oh great, Eliza. Come one, we've got to go!" Claire said, taking hold of Eliza's arm and pulling her.

"Where do we have to go?" Eliza asked, staying put.

"I'll tell you on the way! Come on! He's going to get farther away if we sit here and chat!" Claire said desperately.

"Who?" Eliza asked suspiciously.

"James!" Claire said, dragging Eliza out of the portrait.

"What is this about? You guys still haven't solved your fight?" Eliza asked.

"Shh! Filch might be around!" Claire whispered and followed the path ahead.

"Look, he's meeting up with his girlfriend," Claire said with an eye-roll. "I just want to know how she looks."

Eliza laughed. "Claire, are you jealous?" She asked.

Claire scoffed and pretended to gag, "Elizabeth, please."

Claire stopped and checked the sides. She saw a cloak whip past the left turn, waited a few seconds, and followed James again with Eliza.

With every step, Eliza was reminded of Percy. She had asked him to get a book for her, and what was she doing now?

Her guilty conscience was telling her to go back and wait instead of adventuring in the corridors.

Taking another left, Eliza and Claire came face to face with Percy. Wide-eyed, Eliza tried to hide herself but obviously to no avail.

"What are you both doing after hours?" Percy hissed furiously.

Claire was looking over his shoulder, trying to spot James. "Shut it for once, Weasley!"

"I'm a Prefect! You very well know that I could put you in detention, Calliope!" Percy said indignantly.

Claire rounded on Percy, "What are you doing at this time then?"

Percy stood to his highest. "Well, if it wasn't for your friend, I wouldn't be this late!"

Eliza scoffed. "You could've said no, Percy. I didn't force you to get me my book." She said scathingly.

Percy held eye contact with Eliza for a second. "I'm reporting this to Professor McGonagall."

"Oh great! Just what I wanted on the first day! Trouble! Thanks a lot, Weasley!" Claire shouted, stomping back to the Fat Lady.

Eliza glared at Percy, not because he wasn't letting her break a school rule but that he outed her without hesitation. It didn't matter much because it was Claire, but it didn't mean she appreciated it.

So following suit, she walked away haughtily.

"Take your book!" Percy called.

Eliza, stopping herself, walked around and turned towards Percy. But before he would give it back to her, he started speaking.

"Is this what you wanted to do?" Percy asked, his eyes narrowing through his spectacles. "Ask me to do something you didn't even want and sneak out?"

Eliza stood on her tip toes and snatched the book.

"I wouldn't have come back if I didn't want the book." Eliza said. "And for the record, I didn't want to sneak out, Claire insisted on taking me with her."

Flipping her hair so that it would brush against Percy's face, she walked away.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

85.4K 2.6K 21
A/N: Honestly Percy Weasley is a highly underrated character and this is just fuelled by my never ending Harry Potter obsession. Also, all concepts a...
54.2K 612 68
Mallorie Valentine and Fred Weasley had been best friends their whole lives. Their parents gone to school together so they had spent a lot of their c...
14.2K 288 37
You have always had a crush on the red headed goofy boy, but were always too stubborn to admit it. He starts to reciprocate feelings, but relationshi...