LIFELINE | 𝙋𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙮 𝙒𝙚𝙖�...

By NivenArchel

"Oh my God, I fell in love with a nerd," Percy Weasley was a rule follower. Prim, proper and perfect, he hate... More

L I F E L I N E
- PART I
▪︎ 01.
▪︎ 03.
▪︎ 04.
▪︎ 05.
▪︎ 06.
▪︎ 07.
▪︎ 08.
▪︎ 09.
▪︎ 10.
▪︎ 11.
▪︎ 12.
▪︎ 13.
▪︎ 14.
▪︎ 15.
▪︎ 16.
▪︎ 17.
▪︎ 18.
▪︎ 19.
▪︎ 20.
▪︎ 21.
▪︎ 22.
▪︎ 23.
▪︎ 24.
▪︎ 25.
▪︎ 26.
▪︎ 27.
▪︎ 28.
▪︎ 29.
▪︎ 30.
▪︎ 31.
▪︎ 32.
▪︎ 33.
▪︎ 34.
▪︎ 35.
▪︎ 36.
▪︎ 37.
▪︎ 38.
▪︎ 39.
▪︎ 40.
▪︎ 41.
▪︎ 42.
▪︎ 43.
▪︎ 44.
▪︎ 45.
▪︎ 46.
▪︎ 47.
▪︎ 48.
▪︎ 49.
▪︎ 50.
▪︎ 51.
▪︎ 52.

▪︎ 02.

6.1K 165 43
By NivenArchel

Once the first years had gotten down, the rest of the school had gotten down too from the train. Upon the masses of the crowd, all four decided to meet in the Great Hall, thus taking separate carriages.

Eliza had managed to find a carriage for one more person and climbed it. It was an odd pairing, for there was a third year Hufflepuff, a sixth year Ravenclaw, second year Gryffindor, and Percy Weasley.

The sixth year had given a nod of acknowledgment towards Eliza, helping her up the carriage, but Percy stuck his nose in indifference in his book that he was buried deep in. Eliza huffed out, she atleast expected a hi.

Throughout the entire way up the castle, there was silence. Eliza and the sixth year had a decent conversation before that fell flat.

As soon as they arrived at the castle, Eliza jumped down first and walked towards the Gryffindor table, waving the sixth year. Percy and the second year followed suit, walking towards the Gryffindor table.

A great number of people entered and took their respective place.

Soon, Eliza spotted Rehan and James together. "Rehan! James! Here!" Eliza called out as they stood waiting for Claire.

Once all four of them reunited again, they went and sat off the high-end of the table, closer to the High Table.

Claire and Eliza sat beside each other. Eliza, immediately next to Percy and Rehan and James sat to their opposite.

"What a carriage. Packed with Slytherins! Any minute more, I could've sworn they were ready to throw me off!" Claire said furiously.

"We luckily got a carriage together." James said, indicating him and Rehan. "Plus a two other Hufflepuffs."

Eliza glanced sideways. "Mine was alright. Met that sixth year, Ravenclaw. Adrian, his name is, I think." She said, purposely leaving out Percy's name.

"You shared a carriage with me." Percy said, looking through his glasses, his voice dignified.

"Oh, you noticed? I didn't think you did." Eliza said, surprised at his attempt at conversation. Percy usually kept to himself.

He pushed up his glasses.

Claire interrupted, "Weasley, how many siblings do you have?" She asked, bending forward to look at his face.

Percy looked taken aback. "I have six siblings." He said nevertheless.

"Wait, six? One is starting this year and the other one?" James asked curiously.

"She'll start next year." Percy replied.

"A she?" Claire questioned. "You have a sister?"

"Yes. Only one." Percy said. "Now, if you don't mind, I think the first years are going to come through any second."

The conversation with Percy died. Six siblings, Eliza thought in amazement.

"He was the one who started the talk." Claire whispered.

But true to his word, the door opened. The first years came through, huddled and scared, reminding Eliza of the time James told her that the sorting was fighting a dragon. She smiled at the memory.

The sorting hat burst into a song,

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats are sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat, and I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffis are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

if you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The entire Great Hall clapped. It wasn't the same song it sung for Eliza. It changed every year, and this year was for sure a new one.

Just after the song was finished, Professor McGonagall walked forward, holding the scroll to the new names everyone was excited to see sorted.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said. "Abbott, Hannah!"

A small girl with pigtails came forward and sat. It didn't take much time for the sorting hat to place her.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Everyone from the Hufflepuff table clapped, and soon, one by one, a student came forward, the sorting hat sorting their house.

Eliza and Claire didn't pay much attention. But, one name had caught thie attention, both of them looking at each other in surprise.

"Potter, Harry!"

"No freaking way!" Claire whispered, "I didn't think he was in for this year!"

"Shh!" Percy said, "He's with my brother."

Claire rolled her eyes. The Great Hall waited for Harry Potter's sorting, and Eliza knew whichever house he was placed into, they would be cheering the loudest. She silently hoped he would be in Gryffindor.

It took a good minute for the hat to consider him. It also felt like the longest minute of anyone's life.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Everyone from the Gryffindor table clapped the loudest. Claire whistled, causing McGonagall to throw a sharp glare at her, to which Claire laughed it off.

Percy got up immediately and shook Harry's hand. Further down the table, Percy's brothers were shouting, 'We got Potter! We got Potter!'

Eliza and Rehan were laughing at Fred and George while James and Claire were too busy clapping loudly.

A name or two later, Percy started tapping his foot under the table. It was the turn for W, and Eliza had guessed accurately that his brother's name was going to come up.

"Percy," Eliza called out, and he jerked towards her.

"What?" He snapped.

"He's going to be in Gryffindor, don't worry." Eliza reassured him.

"You don't know that." Percy said.

Eliza gave him a look, "With your family history, it's kind of hard not to predict you know."

"Still, it can vary. There are countless examples of one sibling not being with the rest—" Percy broke off.

"Weasley, Ronald!"

Percy took in a sharp breath. Just a second on his head, and the hat shouted.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Percy exhaled, relived.

As Eliza clapped, she grinned, "See? I told you." She said to Percy, who gave a small smile and nodded, going to congratulate his brother, with an expression that read that he was going to be as professional as he could be with the first years.

"He's an item." Claire noted, suppressing a laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.7K 2.4K 23
This story is a slow burn between you and Remus Lupin. It takes place during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Y/N's second year out of Hogwarts...
2.9K 224 20
the story of how ron weasley and kates kinley survived their years at hogwarts...and managed to fall in love in the process
23.7K 513 24
You are a slytherin...well for your first 5 years at Hogwarts at least...a love story between you and Ron Weasley! Some drama goes down between you...
92.9K 2.7K 21
A/N: Honestly Percy Weasley is a highly underrated character and this is just fuelled by my never ending Harry Potter obsession. Also, all concepts a...