Saiki and Teruhashi's Final S...

By RidTwo

THIS IS PART 2 OF MY SAIKI AND TERUHASHI FANFICTION LINK TO PART 1 https://www.wattpad.com/story/322005886?ut... More

A Welcome and Return
A Christmas Surprise
The Unstoppable Tennis Duo
Girls' Tea Time (With An Exception)
Time Travel Reflection
Our Warmth in the Cold
Snowball Fun
Rifuta Imu
Prove Yourself
A Private Cruise
A Totally Surprising Reveal
A Gal's Acceptance
In Sickness and In Health
The Saiki Family
A Love Letter?!
A Too Perfect Boyfriend
Love Score Contest
Pyschic da Vinci
Akechi Touma
Preparations
The Process
Romeo Kusuo and Juliet Kokomi
King of the School
Valentine Wingmen
The Wingmen Couple
Secrets and Futures
Teruhashi Kanade
Father and Daughter Talk
The Goddess vs The Psychic
The White Dove can Finally Fly Free
A Disastrous Graduation
One Step Forward

Birthday Brother Bonding

328 12 4
By RidTwo

POV: Saiki Kusuo

I knock at the front door and I'm greeted by Kokomi's brother, Makoto Teruhashi. 

M: You're here Gla-, Saiki-san. Come in.

Didn't think he actually remembers my name.

When I entered the house he began talking to me. 

M: That was weirdly the first time I see you enter the house through the front door.

If I suddenly teleported behind Makoto he probably would've reported me to the police. I'm still surprised that he called me here himself.

M: Saiki-san, do you know what today is?

S:...Kokomi's birthday?

And yes, I'm talking to him verbally.

M:...So you remember.

He wanted me to not remember?

M: And do you remember Kokomi's favourite animal and hobby?

S: Dogs and cooking?

M:......So you remember.

He wanted me to not remember.

M: If that's the case, this might help you understand my genius plan to celebrater her birthday using her two favourite things.

Since he called me here, I'm sure his idea won't be crazy-

M: I WIILL WEAR NOTHING BUT AN APRON AND COOK A MEAL IN FRONT OF HER WHILE WEARING A DOG COLLAR AS HER PERSONAL CHEF DOG-ACK!

I slapped him before he finished his sentence.

M: What was that for Glasses?!

I just looked at him while expressing as much disgust as possible. I wouldn't be taking action this severe if I wasn't her boyfriend.

M: Why are you looking at me like that?!

I then realised that since he invited me here, he also intended to make me do the same which made me angrier, leading to me also giving him a threatening glare. That was enough to give him the hint.

M:...fine, but that's the only idea I have.

That's the only thing he thought up?

M: I even brought these dog ears.

I took the pink ear dogs from him and wore them. Maybe wearing these without taking off our clothes can be nice.

M: Good idea, Saiki-san! Just wearing these can be a good theme! I also have these collar-

S: no.

M:................that can be discussed later, but at least we settled on the theme.

Cannot understand why he's that adamant about it.

M: Now that that's resolved, the cooking,

The sentence ended with an awkward long silence, to the point that I had to respond.

S: What about the cooking?

M: That's your job.

Should've told me about it earlier but I complied. I look at the kitchen and fridge and looked up a  chicken dish using Makoto's phone . While checking the ingredients, I asked him,

S: Are you going to help me?

M: Of course, I can't let you take all the credit for the meal. Also, I want to make sure that her boyfriend isn't a slouch that'll only depend on Kokomi's heavenly cooking.

Sounds like he hopefully wants me to fail, but that won't be happening today.

 I preheated the oven to 375 degrees and prepared an oven-safe skillet.

S: So we start with heating one tablespoon of oil. 

M: Got it.

He poured oil over a ladle and almost splashed it to the skillet but I stopped him.

S: What are you doing?

M: Pouring a tablespoon of oil.

S:...Do you know what a tablespoon is?

M: No, but since a table is big, I think it's fair to assume that I use the biggest spoon available.

S:...............Do you cook?

M: Once, but the kitchen caught on fire but the staff did not say it was my fault. You don't know the luxury of frequently eating Kokomi's meals.

Staff probably would not want to tell celebrity Makoto Teruhasi that he has terrible culinary skills. This is going to be difficult.

We continue with generously season the chicken with salt and pepper.

M: I dont think we have enough salt and pepper.

S: Generous does not mean coating the chicken with salt and pepper like it's another layer.

Sear the chicken until golden 5 minutes on each side.

M: If it's for Kokomi then I have no choice-

S: Put the gold bars down.

After putting the seared chicken on a plate, I start making a cream sauce by returning a skillet to medium heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. I stir in garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes, and cook until fragrant.

S: You don't put a whole garlic here it's supposed to be minced.

M: What's minced garlic?

I stir in broth, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan and season with more salt. I bring it to a simmer, then return the chicken to skillet.

I look to him walking to the door with an armful of tomatoes.

S: What are you doing?

M: Drying the tomatoes to the sun.

S: That's not the only way to make sun-dried tomatoes.

I transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through for 10 to 12 minutes. When I pulled out the chicken from the oven, the door opened to hear a greeting Kokomi.

T: I'm home!

Characteristically perfect timing.

T: What's that smell? It's so good. Did you buy lunch already, Oni-chan?

Kokomi walked past the kitchen to see me holding a skillet of freshly baked chicken with kitchen mittens, an apron and dog ears.

T: KUSUO?!

M: Welcome back Kokomi, I'm here too.

T: Hold on!

Kokomi immediately took a selfie with me while I'm still holding the chicken.

S: You could've just waited for me to put it down.

T: I can't resist seeing you so homely. Who planned this whole thing anyway?

I look to her brother keeping quiet because Kokomi's focused on me. I know her happiness is his life purpose, but its not normal to see him this passive. I looked to him, indicating that he should be the one to take credit for this.

M: I invited him here and planned the whole thing. Thought it'd be nice for both of us to celebrate your birthday together.

We both looked at him in surprise, Kokomi's was understandable, but I didn't expect him to have an actual sincere reason for involving me. Kokomi returned his effort in kindness by hugging him. 

T: Thank you so much for this, Oni-chan, I love you.

M: Lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-

He can barely accept that information and blood spurted from his nose in the overload.

S: Don't kill him.

Kokomi walked to me and the chicken dish.

T: This does look amazing.

S: I am the one who cooked it at the end.

T: I believe you, Oni-chan isn't the best.

S: Learned it the hard way.

After Kokomi chuckled and I smiled from the conversation, I continued.

S: You should sit down and let us serve you, your the birthday girl after all.

Before she did, she puts her hand on mine and responded.

T: Thank you so much for doing this. And for dealing with my brother.

S: It wasn't as bad as I thought. 

T: Love you.

S: Love you too.

After she sat down, I prepared the food and was about to bring the food to the dining table but I was stopped.

M: Saiki.

I especially paid attention because that was the first time he dropped the formality, and turned my head to him.

M:..............I'm sorry for treating you badly before.

S: Oh, it's okay.

M: I still believe that Kokomi is too good for you,

He does think that I'm a normal person.

M: But I think that you're....an acceptable boyfriend to Kokomi at least.

That's more than enough from him.

He extended a fist and ended his apology by saying,

M: But if you treat Kokomi badly, I will kill you with my bare hands. You got that...Kusuo.

I smiled from seeing him still being protective.

S: I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for accepting me, Makoto.

And I return Makoto's fistbump.

POV: Teruhashi Kokomi

I sat down and saw Oni-chan's phone still open with a food recipe. Is this the one Kusuo used? Maybe I can learn it as well.

I scrolled up to the name of the dish,

"Marry Me Chicken." 

And I quickly turned the phone off in a panic.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 89 36
When love blooms unexpectedly between a junior girl (Y/n) when falls for a silent ,non social yet charming senior boy with pink hair and glasses °~° ...
120K 4.4K 24
♡ COMPLETE ♡ ➩ i'm not a psychic, not new to pk academy, not some sort of god sent girl that everyone is obsessed with. i'm an average person. so how...
204K 7.3K 38
{FINISHED} Y/n is invisible. Yes, she is solid and physically there. For her whole life, she's been the quiet girl in the shadows. She has to distan...
13.2K 818 7
kokomi thought that it's about time that she finally get herself a lover. it's getting exhausting having to entertain men who only likes for her look...