Blind In Love (Jensoo)

By NainaZara

Inspired by an Indian movie: Jennie is an eye doctor living in South Korea who grew up in Jeju Island. She do... More

Cover
Teaser
PART I: A LOVE STORY
Life Gave me Bullets, But I Picked You
Why?
Save My Number?
Hahaha....I'm Just Whipped
Get Ready To Say...
I Do
I'm Married But Not Tame
I'm Here For You
At The Drop Of A Hat
Short and Sweet
I Know You
Trust Fall
My Weird Feeling
A Jealousy Battle
A Distraction
Confessions
My Priority & True Feelings
My Perfect Life Isn't Complete Without You Pt. 1
My Perfect Life Isn't Complete Without You Pt. 2
Sweet & Sexy
I'm Sorry
PART II: REVENGE
My Shattered Life Without You
My Partner
Without You
The Tragic Reveal
PART III: HAPPILY EVER AFTER
A Crack Splinters
No
My Anchor
Epilogue
Sequel

Frustration

810 78 28
By NainaZara

|Jennie|

Jisoo isn't there when I wake up which makes me a bit disappointed but I guess I'm still okay.

Wait. Pause?

I widen my eyes. Then I yell, "Fuck!"

I scramble out of the bed and gasp, "I fell asleep in Jisoo's bed?! Fuck!"

I rub my forehead because of my conflicting emotions.

I seriously woke up so naturally in her bed. There wasn't even a single thought except that Jisoo isn't here.

Am I happy? Sad? Frustrated?

Confused and Sexually Frustrated, says a voice at the back of my head and I groan.

Confused I understand because I like her but sexually frustrated is another level. I've gone by months without sex before. And it's only been 4 months since I met Jisoo. It's not like I'm going to find everything she does sexy from now on right?

I mean she was already sexy so it would just be an increased level of sexy.

How many times have I said sexy?

I cover my face in my hands.

I'm doomed.

••••••••••
|Jisoo|

You know what the best part of my job used to be?

Getting to meet beautiful women.

But now that I'm in love with Jennie.

I can't even interrogate the women in the office properly without wondering, how the hell did I find anyone beautiful before her?

"Can you stop thinking about your wife for a solid second and focus on the 2nd person coming in?" Lisa says angrily.

I frown at Lisa. "How did you know?"

"You had a goofy smile and that interrogation of Mina was actually ass. I don't know the stuff you know! So use your eyes and figure out if they're lying or not!" She shouts.

I nod and both of us watch as Jihyo Park walks in and bows once to me and once to Lisa before sitting across from us.

Immediately I notice that she's wearing a heavy set coat when it's warm today for once. She has slight bags under her eyes and her hair isn't combed neatly.

Lisa asks, "Where were you the night of the bombing yesterday?"

"At home with my daughter."

I nod and ask, "How old is your daughter?"

"5."

"How old are you?"

"35."

"Ha! I'm 36!" I say, trying to gauge her reaction to my childish behavior.

She blinks and asks, "I....didn't know age was a competition."

I turn to Lisa who is looking at me as if I lost my mind.

I shake my head. "Do you have an alibi besides your daughter?"

She shakes her head. "I usually talk to Nayeon or Mina before I leave work but they're suspects."

"And did you speak with Mina yesterday after you left work?"

She nods. "Yeah. We were discussing her girlfriend I think."

I nod. "Your story checks out with Mina's. Both of you can go."

She nods and leaves with another bow.

Nayeon Im came in next and bowed before sitting down.

"Where were you the night of the bombing yesterday?" Lisa asks.

"Is there a reason you're interviewing only the female staff?" She asks with concern.

I shake my head. "We're just following a lead."

She frowns. "You think that one of us did it?"

I lean forward. "Look. I found out from the hospital that a woman from our company came in when I was supposed to be notified about a suspect getting discharged. Yesterday, that suspect bombed a place that nearly killed me, my wife, her friend and Lisa. So, do you have an alibi or not?"

She bites her lip nervously. "I....I don't."

"Why not?" I ask.

She rubs the back of her neck. "I went home early without telling anyone because I was exhausted and I just slept at home. I don't know if anybody caught anything."

I nod. "We'll check. When did you leave early."

"At um....2."

I raise an eyebrow. "That's early."

She looks down. "I'm sorry. I promise I won't do that again."

I sigh. "Next time, if you really aren't feeling well, please put the day off and tell me. This case is stressful and I understand so tell me okay?"

She looks up with a grateful smile. "Thank you."

I nod. "You may leave."

She stands up, bows and goes out the door.

As much as my gut is telling me that it isn't Nayeon, I don't know who to trust.

I write her name down.

Next Irene Bae comes in, bows and takes a seat with perfect posture.

Lisa asks, "Where were you the night of the bombing yesterday?"

"I was having dinner out by myself," she replies with no hesitation.

Interesting.

"Why?" I ask.

Her gaze lands on me. "I was thinking about something."

"Okay. Care to share what you're thinking about?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "No."

I lean forward. "You do realize that this could put you as a suspect?"

"Yes. But my thoughts aren't a part of this investigation. My actions are. And I'm telling you that I was eating dinner alone from 8 to 9 at a small restaurant outside of the city. I live alone and I don't know what else you want me to say. I didn't realize I would need an alibi."

I tighten my jaw and nod. "Fine you may leave."

She stands up, bows and leaves.

She was hiding something but she's right. I can only interrogate people about their actions. Their thoughts are a completely different field.

I write her name down regardless.

Next comes in Joy Park. Her interview was more casual and easy going. She had an alibi in the form of one the male employees she's dating and they both went on a date during the time of the bomb.

Lastly, we have Seulgi Kang.

She strolls in casually and sits down in front of us.

I raise an eyebrow but she gives me a smile and Lisa asks her, "Where were you the night of—"

"I was at home for the most part. But I went out to get some things for dinner and I saw Irene in a restaurant at around 6:30ish. It's a really good restaurant. And I thought that I should visit it some time but I don't have time. I bought the groceries and came back and then I make food. Watched Inkigayo and then slept."

"Ummm....what?" I say.

"I heard you all were interrogating female staff members so the whole time I was waiting I spent thinking about what I did so that I could tell you."

I think over what she said and I ask, "You saw Irene at the restaurant at 6:30?"

She nods quickly. "Yup!"

She lied. And I didn't catch it.

"But you have no alibis," I say.

She drops her face. "What? But I told you about Irene! She's my—" she stops talking and covers her face in her hands. "She lied didn't she?"

I nod. "We'll cross reference you too. We're doing that for 2 other people so don't worry."

She nods. "Okay. Can I leave then?"

I nod and she stands up, bows and leaves.

"Do we have any more leads to follow?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "We just had that son in the military that works with weapons but he only worked on it a short time. It didn't make sense for this attack especially."

"How is the bomb squad doing on the test analysis?"

She sighs heavily. "Still nothing but they did find the bomb."

I nod and look at my notebook again. "How....How many casualties?"

"10. And 14 injured," she replies quietly.

I nod. "Their families?"

"Are suing the bowling place and the police."

I shake my head in regret. "We were there Lisa. We were right there. We were so caught up in our own thing that we didn't seem him."

"Jisoo....it's not our fault. We were off duty. We should be happy that...."

I look at her and she's playing with her fingers. Not meeting my gaze and her face is tense.

"Yeah," I say quietly. "Rosie and Jennie are okay."

She shakes her head. "What should we do now?"

"I'm giving everyone the rest of the day off. I....We can't even do anything until the bomb analysis comes back," I say definitively.

I stand up to leave and Lisa grabs my shoulder. "Jisoo.....don't do this."

I frown. "Don't do what?"

"You think it's your fault and then you're going to go home and work out or something to punish yourself."

I move out of her arms. "Just leave me alone Lisa."

••••••••••
|Jennie|

Today is Saturday so I'm not really doing anything.

I'm mostly just sitting and reading. I made a small breakfast for myself.

I walked around the penthouse and found the balcony but it's a bit cold.

I hear the door open and my heart races as I run back in to see Jisoo taking off her shoes.

I close the balcony door behind me and smile. "Hey....how was work? You rushed out this morning."

She meets my gaze and shakes her head.

I drop my smile and follow her but she says, "Jennie I just....I need some space."

She goes up the stairs and I stay at the bottom of them, pausing.

Yeah. I'm going to be a bitch for ignoring her.

I run up the stairs and I see the workout room open.

Shit! My weakness!

I still go forward and go in to see Jisoo with her back to me in jeans and a blue sports bra.

She looks at me over her shoulder and doesn't say anything.

"What happened Jisoo?" I ask quietly.

She turns away and goes to the side and gets in a position to do pushups.

I swallow hard and gaze at her. Her muscles are bunched up and the muscles in her shoulders are actually sending me into haywire.

"Care to tell me why you didn't listen to me and followed me?" She asks and easily does a push up.

I cross my arms and watch as she continues to do pushups . "I just.....you seemed upset but you were fine last night after we talked. Maybe you can talk to me again. And....feel better."

"People can't always be happy Jennie," she says seriously.

"We were happy these four months. I....you can depend on me Jisoo," I say.

She stops and pushes herself to a standing position, her abs flexing. "I can?" She questions.

I nod and she walks closer to me. "Can I depend on you never getting hurt? Can I depend on you being safe? Can I?!"

I shake my head. "No. Because the world is cruel and someone will always get hurt."

She covers her face in her hands. "Tell that to the 10 people that died because I was distracted."

I shake my head. "Jisoo. You couldn't have known—"

She rips her hands away and glares at me. "I would have! I would have if I wasn't so distracted by you!"

I frown as I feel anger rising in me. "What do you mean 'by me' ?! I didn't do anything!"

"The date Jennie! I was supposed to only go with Rosie! But you came anyway! Why?! You ruined everything! I could've managed everything on my own but you came!"

"Then why the fuck did you marry me?!" I shout and step towards her. "If I'm such a distraction to you, why the fuck would you marry me?! I didn't want to marry you but you insisted and that's why we're here!"

She tightens her jaw. "I didn't think you would be such a weakness to me!"

I step closer to her and look up. "Why do you care so much?! We were supposed to be friends. Friends don't act like this." and now I have feelings for you and you seem to be doing everything possible to kill them.

She turns away from me and punches a hanging punching bag really hard and it swings into the wall, creating a dent there.

She pants heavily and rakes both of her hands in her hair. "You're right Jennie. I don't know why I care so much. I shouldn't. We're friends." She looks at me. "And the next time I say I want to be alone....leave me the fuck alone Jennie."

She walks out of the room and I just stand there with clenched fists and my brain scrambled in confusion.

What's going on with her?!

••••••••••
To be continued 😉

This story got to #1 in kimjisoo! So exciting! And usually when I do that I release an extra chapter but I don't have any extra chapters prewritten! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 140 8
Gripping his forearm tightly, the brunette gave a tight smile. "Sorry, didn't mean to bump into you." The ginger nodded, eyes glancing to the brunet...
19.9K 1K 16
Kim Jisoo is not an ordinary highschool heartthrobs. She smart, pretty, athlete, dork, could be a brat sometime but also has a very kind personality...
291K 10.5K 52
BEFORE YOU READ - ⚠️ I wrote some weird stuff in here so be prepared. You've been warned :) May god bless your eyes if read this book They're in col...
3.6M 287K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...