Blessed: The Abandoned Wife

By misttressofseas

Their arranged marriage ended six years ago.... then who is her daughter....is it her daughter or his as well... More

Characters Introduction
Slap
Reining in the Chaos
Meet-a-friend
Un-Accountable Encounter!
Time Out
Honeymoon Tours and Travels
Song of the heart
Running into you!
The Return
Growl...
What kind of marriage?
Proof
Answers and Questions
Vee and Dee
Coffee Date
Dyuti's father?
Investigation begins
Primate, horses and a bat?
Making of a Match?
Il-'logical' choice?
They tell him...
Aftermath
The March

Looking for a Frog

500 23 1
By misttressofseas

Shubhi was irritated by Daivik's behaviour and did not know who to complain to, her family was busy with the preparation of her sister's marriage. Only Soumya knew of Daivik's return, but Shubhi was not sure if she wanted to make a big deal out of these encounters. However, when she called up Anita regarding Shuchi's wedding preparation, she was surprised when Anita mentioned that Viren's brother was back in town.

Shubhi: Hi Anita, can I meet you today? Will you be picking up the kids from school?

Anita: Viren will be picking up the kids from school today.

Shubhi: Wow that is a surprise!

Anita: Yes, his younger brother is back in town, and is taking care of some of the business. So Viren has a bit more time on hand.

Shubhi: Interesting!

Anita: Your tone doesn't say so girl!

Shubhi: Let's say I am not ...ummm...happy about it

Anita: Is this one...he has one brother or two?

Shubhi: One younger brother of his own and a cousin who is settled abroad

Anita: So this one, is the father of Dyuti? The guy you were married to?

Shubhi: Yes, it is the same guy- Daivik Rawal, he is back in India.

Anita: How did you know that he is back? Did he contact you? Did he ask for Dyuti?

Shubhi: I met him by accident.

Anita: Ohh he did not look for you or Dyuti?

Shubhi: Well, he doesn't have a reason to...he doesn't even know about Dyuti...

Anita: Hmm.. maybe now that you have met him, you can inform him...

Shubhi: Let's say...he had a different opinion of me...

Anita: I smell something here girl! What did he say?

Shubhi: He thinks that I cheated on him, and some other guy is Dyuti's father...

Anita: What nonsense! Does that guy even have a brain in his head?

Shubhi: Nah ego has occupied all that space!

Anita: That man lacks logic! He knows that you were a virgin when you consummated marriage.

Shubhi: Yes, I told you about that and all that happened...

Anita: So, all he needs to do is simple math!

Shubhi: Why would he ever do that? Do you think that the great Rawal family can have a child with Shubhi Khanna!

Anita: Why would someone say or think like that!

Shubhi: That was what his mom said to me when I informed her of my pregnancy.

Anita: That is a horrible thing to say!

Shubhi: She was sure her great son would never fall for the wiles of likes me of me!

Anita: Wiles, what wiles? You are straight as an arrow girl! Not that you needed anything, you have a natural charm!

Shubhi: I might have a natural charm but not enough money or breeding for their standards...

Anita: Jeez, I never expected to hear this! Viren has never shown any such prejudice!

Shubhi: I know, sometimes I think that Daivik is adopted.

Anita: Phew! That might be the reason!

Shubhi: Neither Viren bhaiya nor Dheemant have ever been anywhere near snobbish...

Anita: I was thinking of telling Viren about the past and see if some reconciliation was possible between you two. I know that Daivik is not seeing someone and they are looking for matches for you. But I am not mentioning anything to Viren now!

Shubhi: No need Ani, I do not want anything with that man!

Anita: You sound angry. Did anything happen?

Shubhi: Nothing more than him questioning my professional capabilities

Anita: Oh God, he accused you of cheating and then doubting your professional acumen! Is anything left?

Shubhi: No, he had hit the rock bottom and has now started digging

Anita: That man needs some brains

Shubhi: I told you ego has taken up all the space, I don't think even a transplant will help!

Anita: Men are such dumbos!

Shubhi: Agreed, but I called you for something else

Anita: Yes you have better things to do than wait around for that guy to grow up!

Shubhi: True that we have a lot of work! Mom and Shuchi want you to help with the preparations. Please come a day ahead of Shuchi's wedding.

Anita: (planning to tease her friend) No, they want me to look for matches for you!

Shubhi: Arghh you too Ani

Anita: Who else is teasing you?

Shubhi: Somi was teasing me when I went to pick up the dresses last week.

Anita: Well, you both are next in line...the prediction is true for Shuchi and now we await the prince charming to turn up.

Shubhi: I have had my share of Prince who is not so charming...

Anita: You want me to interview frogs for you? Anything for you love...

Shubhi: Yes I will make a wishlist and share with you, but right now I want to make everything happy, happy for Shuchi!

Anita: How can I miss it for the world! You are my family girl! My world!

Shubhi: Then pack your bags for a week and bring Krishanu along. You know how much he enjoys with Dyuti and the other kids...

Anita: I know the way your family has accepted both of us...

Shubhi: Hey no need for all that! Just come over and do some work!! Who knows we love you for all the work you do!!

At the other end of the city, guilt was chewing at Daivik. To feel better, the next morning he requested a conference call through uncle again, perhaps to do some damage control. He realized that did not have Shubhi's phone number, and he was not sure if she would share it. 

Uncle: Hi, Shubhi beta. I also have Daivik on call, he wants to talk to you

Shubhi: Namaste uncle. Hello Mr Daivik Rawal. (She was as formal as she could be, with Daivik)

Daivik: I wanted to talk to you regarding what I said day before yesterday. I didn't mean to hurt you or judge you. I just wanted to focus on the acquisition proceedings.

Shubhi: Oh, really? What do you want to talk about now? After you questioned my capability as an accountant?

Daivik: No, no, that's not what I meant, to question your capabilities. I know you are a gold medalist. I was just worried about the deal and the timeline, that's all. I wanted to help the process, not criticize you.

Shubhi: (wanting to punch the man through the phone) Thanks for the clarification now that we all agree that I am qualified enough. I have committed to close this requirement in two weeks.

Daivik: Given the legal requirements, you can take a month...I know that your daughter is unwell.

Shubhi: (she responded in a clipped voice) My daughter is not a point of any discussion. Timeline of one month is fine. Is there anything else to discuss?

Daivik: No, not really, I just wanted to make sure that we are on the same page. And that we work collaboratively.

Shubhi: Don't worry it is not for long, just a couple of days to go.

Daivik: Yes a few more days

While uncle was surprised at Shubhi being unusually rude with Daivik, he knew their history did not bode well. Uncle decided to intervene to make the discussion better.

Uncle: But you will meet at our house.

Shubhi: Why are you saying so uncle?

Uncle: We have completed 50 years of a happy marriage and there is a Sukhmani Sahib path at our place soon.

Shubhi: Ohh congratulations uncle! This is such a pleasant surprise!

Uncle: But your mom and aunt have been planning a surprise for you beta ji for past few weeks.

Shubhi: Ohh I did not know!

Uncle suddenly remembered that Daivik was also on call and decided to remind him of the invite as well.

Uncle: Daivik, I also wanted to remind you of the , beta ji.

Daivik: Sure uncle, please send the invite to Viren bhaiya. I have informed him as well.

Uncle: And Shubhi beta, your aunt is excited to have someone special for you to meet. What do you youngsters say- block your calendar?

Uncle laughed at his own joke the other two on the call thought this was nowhere near amusing. while Shubhi was irritated a this yet another attempt at matchmaking for her, Daivik had a weird feeling about it.

Shubhi: Yes uncle, I think mom already knows the date and time.

While the reference to matchmaking bothered Daivik, Shubhi was able to push it away from her mind. She had her daughter, sister's marriage and work to occupy her time and emotions. Daivik remembered her fiery temper which was on display today as well. He knew that the usually mannered Shubhi was being pointedly rude to him. His mistrust had invited it and there was little he could do from this distance to assuage it. Last time he had managed her temper when they were together and all the things, he had done to calm her down.... he pushed all those memories away.... It was the reference to special someone that bothered him the most, was she seeing someone? Though he believed that she had cheated on him, it was tough to picture her with someone else....somehow this particular relationship had always defied logic for him....

Author's Note: 🌟 Huge thanks for all the love and support! @minnietina @SDas2001 @Stephanie28beatrix Your votes and encouragement mean the world. Excited to keep the story going! 🚀 Will be coming up with a Cast and Crew chapter soon :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291K 11.3K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
105K 4.9K 32
"All I wanted was your respect, Prem." "All I wanted was your love, Abhi." "All I wanted was your care, Rahul." "But I got not even a bit of it." The...
10.2M 567K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...
424K 25.5K 36
I took my seat in the train and took a deep breath. "Every things is ok, Adhya." I said to myself as release a deep breath. "Is it?" a cold voice ca...