BTS 8th member: Map of the fe...

By Charliewitha-ie

The story of Lee Na-Rae, 8th member of BTS... "Hana, Dul, set. bang!... Tan! Annyeonghaseyo! Bangtan Sonyeond... More

Hello. You.
...Introduction...
*°Facts°* (1)
*°FACTS°*(2)
Na-Rae ships
Dream Interview with BTS
Solo Ambassador of...
NEW Stylist
Heartbreaking moment.
Sick (maknaes)
Always Shine.
Bickering Time
Weverse Live: Sleep disorder
Cake disaster
Requests Page
Homework
Award Show Music Moments (x3)
Teasing moment(s) x6
You're a girl.
BTS RUN: Picnic
Don't leave me
MV: Blame's on me
Hickey Prank
BTS RUN Moments (x3)
Solo album + Interview
First time drunk
Iconic Na-Rae
Goodbye Father
A rough day at school
Happy New Year
------Ship: Yeonae
More than a crush. (1/3)
First date (2/3)
I'm taken (3/3)
------YEONAE ~drawings~
Talk to Talk
Allergic reaction
What's in my BAG?
A taste of home.
Shadows are everywhere...
The Tonight show: Jimmy Fallon
VOGUE with Yeonae

Rehearsal Incident

332 12 2
By Charliewitha-ie

A/N: Currently, not me... sipping on hot milk ☃️ and munching on a Nutella sandwich as I write this chapter. It might sound a bit weird, but hey, we all have our unique ways of writing, right?

This chapter was inspired by recent news articles highlighting the alarming number of people ending up in the hospital due to mishandling fireworks. Fireworks can be beautiful but If you ever contemplate putting on fireworks, please exercise caution. The risk of third-degree burns and other injuries is significant.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter! If you do, feel free to show some love by giving it a vote, leaving a comment, or sharing the story. Sending virtual hugs to all of you. Much love, Chalie.

⚠️ Oh, and one more thing: brace yourself for this next chapter, it's filled with intense drama again! Read at your own risk, ... 💕
——————————

The stage was buzzing with energy as Na-Rae rejoined her fellow members after a quick bathroom break. Laughter echoed through her earpiece, and she spotted the boys goofing off on the farthest stage, eagerly waiting for her to resume practice.

"Na-Rae, we're starting without you!" Taehyung's playful voice chimed in her ears, prompting a chuckle from her as she shook her head in amusement.

"I'm already on stage, Yah! I am not an ant here," she responded through her microphone, her banter adding a light-hearted touch to the atmosphere. The stage crew busily reconnected her wireless microphone system, giving her control over her audio equipment during the performance.

"Ah, there she is!" Jungkook exclaimed, waving in her direction. Na-Rae smiled and waved back, appreciating the playful camaraderie among the group. They acted as if she had been gone for hours when, in reality, it was just a brief ten-minute break.

"Let's set up the stage for 'Fire,'" Hoseok announced over the microphone, signaling the beginning of another round of practice for their upcoming concert.

"You can start already. I'll join in around the second verse, and the dance kicks in after a minute. I'll run over there," Na-Rae informed her enthusiastic bandmates, reassuring them that they could begin without her for the initial part of the song.

True to her words, the intro of "Fire" filled the air, and Na-Rae found herself fully made up and ready to perform. With eagerness, she darted toward the smaller stage where the boys were playfully goofing, making the most of their rehearsal and enjoying every moment.

While dashing across the stage, an unexpected mishap disrupted her smooth sprint. To her dismay, one of her essential items, her earpiece, unexpectedly became dislodged, tumbling through the air before landing somewhere on the stage floor. Feeling a bit flustered, she hurled herself onto the stage, desperately searching for the tiny yet vital device that linked her to the heartbeat of their music. The device itself was quite colorful, orange with a white daisy on it.

Undisturbed by the ticking clock, Na-Rae frantically searched for the piece that brought her even closer to the edge of the stage. No, it wasn't off the stage, she thought. She heard it even through the loud music, falling on the stage. So, she decided to take a step back before she could fall off. Still, it needed to be there somehow. She walked on her knees and hands on the edge of the stage.

"Dammit, where is it?" she whispered, knowing that the boys probably heard it by now because she was wearing a wireless microphone. However, they weren't really paying attention or so she thought.

Little did she know, the stage around her was transforming into a canvas of light and warmth. The pyrotechnics were having some defaults today, and the experts were testing it out because the song "Fire" featured a lot of those fireworks that shined in the air. Unexpectedly, they didn't think Na-Rae would be so close to one of them. Her leg was resting almost on one of them, and before the breathtaking display once burst into fire in the air, someone loudly yelled her name.

"Na-Rae, watch out!"

The unexpected burst of heat brought an immediate surge of warmth to her lower thigh, just above her knee, making the girl scream out in pain.

Have you ever experienced so much pain that for a moment, everything blacks out? It's like the world becomes a black canvas where you're screaming so loudly, hoping someone can pull you out and make the pain disappear. That's the experience she was having now.

Abruptly, the beats of the music ceased, and the stage fell into a hushed silence. She heard people calling her name and footsteps around her, and that was the moment her soul reconnected with her body. She gasped for air, tears welling up in her eyes—a combination of the searing physical pain and the shock of the unforeseen incident.

The stage crew, now alert to the seriousness of the situation, hurriedly surrounded her. She could hear them calling for water and medical assistance. "Na-Rae, stay down," someone urged, pushing her back as she screamed in pain, attempting to see what was happening with her leg.

The boys were clustered nearby, desperately attempting to get closer, but the crew members were holding them back. Water was being poured on the burn to ease Na-Rae's suffering, but the situation looked urgent. The need for her to be taken off the stage and rushed to a hospital was evident.

"Oppa!" Na-Rae shouted, clinging to the arm of a crew member who struggled to keep her still. The boys, witnessing her distress, pleaded with the crew to let them go near her, to let them approach and comfort her.

Jin, in particular, was insistent on being by her side, he had always promised the girl to be next to her whatever may happen. "Let us at least be with her to provide some comfort, please. Can't you see how much pain she's in? If you leave her like this, she'll black out soon. I'm not leaving her like this," Jin shouted, frustrated and desperate to reach Na-Rae.

"We are just trying to help. Let us go backstage," one of the crew members insisted, angering not only Jin but also the rest of the boys.

"What's happening here? Did I hear correctly what happened? Where is Nara-shi? Who thought it was a good idea to use those fireworks today? What were you all thinking?"One of their managers stormed onto the scene, unleashing his frustration and directing it more intensely towards the pyrotechnics team.

The two heads of the pyrotechnics team bowed their bodies, owning up to their misjudgment. "Sorry, sir. We were in the process of addressing technical issues with the fireworks system during our diagnostics. As we worked on resolving the glitches, we thought it might be an opportune moment to conduct a test given the extensive pyrotechnics involved in this specific song. Unfortunately, we didn't realize Miss Lee was close to one of the devices, leading her to burn her leg."

The manager sighed, visibly distressed. He understood that it wasn't entirely the fault of the pyrotechnics team, but the situation was serious. Na-Rae, still screaming in pain as water was poured on her leg, seemed on the verge of fainting.

Feeling the weight of responsibility, the manager swiftly made a wave with his hand, nodding to signal that the heads of the pyrotechnics team could leave the stage. It wasn't entirely their fault, but he needed to handle the situation. He frantically pulled out his phone, rapidly dialing numbers, and making urgent calls to find a solution.

As he waited for someone to answer on the other end, he tilted his head back, letting out a deep groan and rubbing his face in frustration. The pressure was on, and he needed to find a way to navigate through this unexpected crisis.

"Are you serious?" Jin exclaimed, his eyes pleading with desperation. Their manager, sensing the urgency, rushed over to where the boys stood, some on the verge of tears while others were already sobbing.

"What's going on here?" he demanded, scanning the scene.

Jin quickly filled him in, "Gojang-nim, Na-Rae is calling for us, but they won't let us through."

The manager sighed, realizing the gravity of the situation. In one of his first weeks as their new manager, he shook his head, unsure of what to say. Finally, he ordered the crew, "Let Seokjin-ssi go!" seeing the crew members not responding he added in anger "Can't you hear me? I said let Jin go to her. She's calling for them. Let at least one of them go to her."

Understanding the urgency, the crew members released Jin. He shot them a fierce look as he sprinted toward Na-Rae. The manager then directed the rest of the boys, "The others, let's go backstage. I know you want to stay by her side, but now we can't do anything. Medicals are on their way, and Jin-ssi is with her. Come on." The boys, initially resistant, nodded hesitantly. It was a mix of hyungs taking each dongsaeng with them, comforting one another as they retreated backstage.

"I'm here, Nara-ssi. It's going to be okay," Jin reassured her, sitting firmly by her side, wiping away the tears that were still streaming down her face. His attempts to comfort her collided with the harsh reality of her pain.

"It hurts so much. What's happening?" Na-Rae asked in distress, tears streaming down her face. Again Jin gently wiped away her tears, offering what solace he could.

"The medical team is here. Make space for them," one of the crew members instructed, but Jin refused to leave her side. They could try to pull him away, but he wouldn't leave her alone again.

"I know, I know. Your leg got hurt by some fireworks, and to be honest, it doesn't look like anything good." Jin said he knew the girl deserved the truth, knowing her for ages, he understood exactly what she needed to hear. "I know you're in a panic, but don't worry; everyone is here to help you, and in no time, you will be okay. I'm staying with you. Everything will be fine. I promise," he assured her. Na-Rae nodded, gripping his arm tightly as someone examined her leg. Jin winced but didn't flinch away; he was determined to be there for her, enduring any pain she was going through. His protective side shone through, refusing to leave her side.

°°°

In the emergency room, the medical team swiftly attended to Na-Rae's injuries. The initial chaos began to settle as professionals took control. Jin, deeply concerned for the girl, was allowed to stay by her side until the anesthesia took full effect, providing a semblance of comfort during the distressing situation. Unwillingly, he left the room when instructed, his eyes never leaving Na-Rae until the door closed behind him.

Outside the room, Jin anxiously waited for more updates. He decided to call Na-Rae's sister, So-Yeon, informing her about the incident and the ongoing medical attention Na-Rae was receiving. Bang Pd-nim, also deeply troubled by the situation, made his way to the hospital as Na-Rae's guardian. The impending concert seemed insignificant compared to the urgency of ensuring Na-Rae received proper care and was on the path to recovery.

So-Yeon rushed into the hospital, her worry etched on her face. "How is she? How could this happen?" she exclaimed, seeking solace in Jin, who stood up and enveloped her in a comforting hug. She never could see her sister in pain, and being in Jin's arms provided a momentary respite from the anxiety.

"It all happened so fast. We heard her cursing, and before we knew it, the fireworks exploded in the air. So-Yeon-ah, it's a good thing you weren't there. Her cries are still lingering in my ears," Jin explained, gently pulling her out of the hug, his eyes reflecting the intensity of the situation.

Covering her face with her hands, So-Yeon sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "Why is it always her?"

"So-Yeon-ah, it was an accident," Bang Pd-nim reassured her, rubbing her back in an attempt to offer comfort.

"An accident? It's always something. That kid has been through so much already. Would this be the cherry on top? Do you know what a third-degree burn takes to heal? I'm preparing you for what will happen when she wakes up."

"Nara-ssi is strong, okay? Let's not think further than we know. We cannot look into the future," Jin tried to reassure her. However, he was well aware that Na-Rae's journey through rehabilitation wouldn't be easy.

°°°

After hours of unconsciousness, Na-Rae slowly opened her eyes. The room was bathed in a soft, muted light that hinted at the evening settling in. The quiet hum of medical equipment provided a steady backdrop, and the rhythmic beeping of the heart monitor reassured her that she was in a place of care.

A comforting warmth surrounded her, and as her senses sharpened, the scent of antiseptic filled the air, a reminder of the hospital environment she found herself in. Although an IV drip was coursing through her veins, preventing dehydration, her throat felt as dry as the savannah.

She shifted slightly, mindful of the heaviness that clung to her leg. A glance downward revealed a landscape of cold patches and bandages, evidence of the medical attention her injured leg had received. It felt trapped and heavy.

The pain, though dulled by the effects of the painkillers coursing through her system, still lingered in the background. It was a persistent companion, a reminder of the fragility of her current state. As she gingerly attempted to move her leg, the weightiness became more apparent. The struggle to lift it, made her groan waking up her sister and Jin who already found their beauty rest.

"Na-Rae?" they both mumbled groggily, making the girl roll her eyes.

"It's okay, you can go back to bed," she said a bit kill, but the two didn't pay attention to her rudeness.

"Hey, sorry, we waited for hours but drifted off to sleep. We wanted to stay awake."

"It's okay," The girl turned her eyes away, not wanting to look at her sister or Jin, feeling embarrassed about what happened. As Na-Rae lay there in the hospital bed, she started to remember what had happened—the accident on stage, the intense pain, and now being in the hospital. It made her upset that she couldn't move around easily, especially considering how lively and energetic she usually is during performances. How is she going to perform this Saturday?

"Na-Rae, look at me. What's wrong?" So-Yeon said.

Tears brimmed again in her eyes as she shook her head, that So-Yeon was holding on.

"It's okay, you can tell me," So-Yeon reassured Na-Rae to open up.

"I'm sorry, Unnie. I didn't mean to make you worry or interrupt your work," Na-Rae whispered, her voice hoarse from the dryness in her throat.

So-Yeon's eyes glistened with unshed tears. "Don't you dare apologize, Nara-ssi! You're never a burden, and your safety comes first. I rushed here the moment Jin called me. Work can wait, you know that!"

Jin, who had been quietly present in the room, chimed in, "She's right. You're never a burden, Na-Rae. We're here for you."

So-Yeon reached out to gently hold Na-Rae's hand, a mix of gratitude and concern etched on her face.

In the midst of their conversation, the door to the room swung open, and a figure stepped in, looking at a medical chart. "Oh, you woke up Miss Lee, Good morning." A nurse said looking up and seeing Na-Rae wide awake in her bed. "I didn't expect you to be awake already. I'll get the doctor," she then walked out of the room, only to return minutes later with a doctor.

The doctor who was now holding her medical chart, approached her with a serious expression. He read her medical report one more time and sighed when the nurse did her work and wrote things down that she searched on a computer that sat next to Na-Rae's bed.

The doctor's voice cut through the room, the sternness in his expression reflecting the gravity of the situation. "Miss Lee, I won't sugarcoat this. Your leg has been through a serious accident," he declared, his eyes locking onto each person in the room. Known for his straightforward approach, he didn't mince words. "You've sustained a third-degree burn, and when you arrived at the hospital, your team had already taken the right steps by cooling it off with water. You may be thankful for that."

He continued, delving into the specifics with unfiltered directness. "The wound may seem small in your eyes, about the size of a teacup, but the healing process will demand time and careful monitoring. We've attempted several surgical interventions, and more may be necessary down the line. Currently, your leg is stable, but future skin grafting might be considered, depending on the healing pace. This could take a few months, and if there are no complications, we might explore skin grafting to address the burnt area. While it isn't necessary, we're offering it as an option, seeing your given public profile as an idol."

The doctor's words hung in the air, leaving Na-Rae bewildered and struggling to grasp the full extent of her condition. Rehabilitation and months were the only fragments, the two things that lingered on her mind. What did he mean by skin grafting, and why was it an option again?

"For now, we've added some more pain medication to your IV drip. If you need extra, you can always call one of the nurses by pressing this red button located above your head," the doctor explained, pointing towards a remote control. "Miss Lee, once again, you should be thankful for those who assisted you. It could have been worse, but don't underestimate the rehabilitation that awaits you. I would like to emphasize that you must rest in the coming days. Your body needs adequate rest for effective wound healing. The faster you heal, the quicker your overall progress will be. I must also add the importance of caution. Fireworks can be very dangerous, and you must exercise extreme care to prevent such accidents in the future." The doctor continued, seemingly insinuating that it was her fault she stood above the fireworks. Na-Rae was not expecting to be hit by that firework; in fact, she wasn't even aware that fireworks would be part of their rehearsal. She was always careful and knew how to position herself on stage. What was he talking about? Frustration welled up in her as she nodded in acknowledgment, trying to convey that she understood him. Deep down, she just wanted to leave the hospital bed as soon as possible. She bid her goodbyes to the departing doctor and the nurse.

So-Yeon stood by Na-Rae's bed, gently stroking her hair in an attempt to offer comfort. However, Na-Rae abruptly moved her head away, signaling that she didn't want to be touched. "Please go away," she uttered, her words barely rising above a whisper. The rejection stung So-Yeon a bit, and Na-Rae tried to shift her body, a futile attempt that only resulted in whimpers of pain. How could she be so restricted to her bed, even with the aid of painkillers?

"Na-Rae, honey, you need to focus on yourself right now. Leaving the hospital is not an option," So-Yeon intervened with a soft voice, her eyes reflecting genuine concern for her sister. Ignoring the advice, Na-Rae pushed So-Yeon's hand away, tears welling up in her eyes—tears not just from the physical pain but also from the overwhelming sense of misery.

"Leave, I just want... just leave," Na-Rae said, hoping her plea was clear. Reality hit Na-rae, and questions about why no one had mentioned the use of fireworks during the rehearsal lingered in her mind. She struggled with self-blame, pondering the decisions that led to this painful accident.

Standing now near the foot of the bed, So-Yeon furrowed her brows in confusion. Leaning forward slightly, she asked Na-Rae to repeat herself, uncertain if she had correctly heard the request. Misinterpreting the situation, So-Yeon unintentionally pushed Na-Rae to her limits. The glint in her eyes and the subtle shift in her posture reflected a plea for some privacy. An inner conflict within Na-Rae is evident in the clenching of her fists beneath the hospital sheets.

With a sudden burst of anger, she shouted through her tears, "Just leave me alone, So-Yeon! Can't you understand that I need time for myself? I need time to think, and I don't want anyone to tell me what to think or say! I'm a grown-up now, So-Yeon, stop acting like I'm your child. You're not mom, and you can't decide what is best for me!"

So-Yeon, taken aback by Na-Rae's outburst, nodded silently, trying to grasp the complexity of emotions coursing through her sister. She was trying not to take things personally; Na-Rae was angry, a side of her sister she had never seen before, and it upset her. She wanted to hug her, to reassure her that everything would be okay, but Na-Rae had made it clear—she wanted to be alone, and if that's what she needed, So-Yeon would respect it.

Na-Rae, regretting her words and sensing the hurt she caused, wanted to apologize, but the damage was done.

So-Yeon nodded again, this time with a hint of understanding. "I understand, Na-Rae. Whenever you need me, I'll wait for your call."

"Unnie..." Na-Rae called out, making So-Yeon look up, but her eyes said enough. Na-Rae had hurt her sister more than needed and couldn't force out another word. How could her sister stay so calm? Why wasn't she yelling about respect and that it was all her own fault that this happened? Why did she need to search for her stupid earpiece when she had a dozen lying backstage? How could So-Yeon not be mad?

"It's okay; you can be mad. I understand it, but I wasn't the one that hurt you," So-Yeon said, taking her bag and walking over to Jin, who was ready to leave but caught Na-Rae's eyes. Sensing the storm within her, he could see the struggle and frustration etched on her face. Knowing her well enough, he understood that any attempt to say something might trigger another emotional outburst.

Jin opted for a silent approach, giving Na-Rae a tender, heartwarming smile. His eyes conveyed a silent promise that everything would be okay, even when it felt far from it. Na-Rae, her eyes understood him very well, and tears started to brim.

So-Yeon, looking up at Jin, found a well of strength in his gaze. His simple yet meaningful gesture acknowledged the challenges they faced but also reminded her that they were all in this together. In that fleeting moment, with a shared understanding, Jin and So-Yeon exchanged silent expressions of comfort.

The two left the room, closing the door gently behind them, leaving Na-Rae alone with her thoughts, wrestling with the reality of her situation. Tears welled up as the pain radiated through her leg, a constant reminder of the rehearsal incident.

°°°

It was only her second day in the hospital, and everything felt strangely quiet. No chatter from the boys or visits from her sister, who loved to take care of her. The room became a kind of sanctuary for her to deal with the shock, frustration, and uncertainty in her mind.

Her mind often went back to the news articles on her phone, which the nurses kindly charged for her during naps. BigHit had officially acknowledged the accident, attributing her injury during the concert rehearsal. Fans sent lots of flowers and teddy bears to her room, but she kept telling the nurses to put them away, whenever she woke up and found someone staring at her. Na-rae was a bit worried, thinking there might be a hidden camera in some of them. When she shared her concerns, the nurses understood her and stopped bringing more gifts.

BigHit even placed two bodyguards outside her room for safety. When Pd-nim called her the night before to check on her, she just mentioned she was still in pain and needed rest, she even hung up before he could ask more questions, leaving the girl with tears in her eyes. Why was she so upset all the time, the only thing she wanted was a hug but on the other side she also wanted to be left alone.

With not much to do, she picked up her phone again, searching for new articles. One headline caught her eye: "BTS Member: A Self-Inflicted Burn Raises Questions?" Curious, she clicked on the tabloid, getting into the story it told.

"Shocking turn of events, BTS member Na-Rae finds herself under the spotlight for a fiery mishap during a recent concert rehearsal. Sources from within the BTS team suggest that the burn, initially presumed to be a simple accident, might have deeper roots in the idol's actions.

According to insiders, Na-Rae was allegedly careless in her surroundings to the pyrotechnics (devices that produce fireworks, creating a display of light, color, and sound), walking dangerously close to the source. Furthermore, it's being said that the insider hinted that the idol was unprepared for her upcoming concert with her fellow BTS members, leading to speculation that her actions might have been driven by recklessness or an overwhelming sense of pressure. Did Na-Rea hurt herself? A deliberate act to avoid performing and escape potential embarrassment?

While the incident was initially dismissed as an unfortunate accident, these new revelations now cast a shadow on the true nature of the event. The fandom awaits an official statement from Na-Rae and her agency to shed light on this unexpected twist in the idol's journey."

Na-Rae's heart sank as she read the tabloid article, the words like poison seeping into her mind. The headline echoed in her thoughts, "BTS Member: A Self-Inflicted Burn Raises Questions?" It felt like a betrayal, a twisting story casting her as the cause of her suffering.

Feeling a surge of frustration and sadness, she didn't think twice before grabbing her phone. With trembling fingers, she dialed a familiar number, the one she knew would always pick up, no matter what.

The phone rang a few times before a familiar voice answered, "Na-Rae-ssi, finally!"

It was Jimin, and Na-Rae's voice wavered as she tried to hold back tears. However, as soon as the words came out of her mouth, she stuttered out between cries, "Oppa... Can you come to the hospital? Please? I... I need you right now. I... I can't handle this!"

Jimin, sensing the urgency in her voice, didn't hesitate. "I'm on my way, Na-Rae. Just hold on, I'll be there soon." The fragility in Na-Rae's voice and the unsteady rhythm of her cries painted a vivid picture in his mind.

The room turned bittersweet, consumed by false accusations that continued to pile up. Na-Rae's thoughts were solely fixated on the unfounded rumors swirling around her. Who started this damaging story? It wasn't true—she hadn't intentionally hurt herself. It was all an unfortunate accident, and the weight of public perception weighed heavily on her mind.

Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing Jimin, the person she had been anxiously waiting for. His eyes widened at the sight of Na-Rae, visibly distressed, tears streaming down her face. She was hurt, and Jimin, though unsure of what to do, knew at least how to comfort her.

"Oppa, I really didn't do this with intent; I didn't do this to myself willingly; it was an accident. You need to believe me. I really didn't—"

Before she could continue, Jimin rushed towards her bed, perplexed by the sudden confession. He knew she hadn't done this intentionally; the entire group had witnessed the incident. Holding her closely in bed, Jimin stood there, doing his best to calm the distressed girl. "It's okay, we know, you didn't do anything wrong; it's just an accident," he repeated reassuringly.

As Na-Rae slowly began to calm down in his arms. Jimin, sensing her breathing steady, gently asked, "Tell me what happened. Why are you so upset?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

With a heavy sigh, Na-Rae shared the details of the hurtful article, even allowing him to read it.

Jimin's face twisted with fury. "Nana, nobody—absolutely nobody—thought you would do this to yourself. They don't know what they are talking about. If they saw your wound, they would be in shock. Whoever wrote such lies will face consequences, and if it turns out to be someone from our crew, they will be fired immediately." Jimin's anger was always a formidable force. Nobody wanted to face a furious Jimin, as it was scarier than anything else. However, Na-Rae found comfort in his protective words, nodding while still holding onto her brother.

They didn't know for how long they were hugging each other, but Na-Rae's mind suddenly shifted to thoughts about the others. "Did you come alone?" she asked.

Jimin lifted his face from the top of her head, watching her carefully. "What are you trying to ask me?" he replied, not directly addressing her question but subtly understanding its underlying meaning.

"Like, what are the others doing?" she asked, her head hanging down, slightly playing with the tip of her blanket. Making it clear that she would never change. Her fidgeting with things when she's nervous has always been a characteristic of hers. "What do you think? That they would leave me coming alone over here when we sat in the car and your voice was on speaker?" Na-Rae looked up, a slight blush playing on her cheeks—some color was needed to make her look less sick, he thought.

"Yes, they are waiting outside your room. Even Jin called Noona, and believe it or not, she was here at the same time as us. That girl needs to be an actor in Fast and the Furious," Jimin joked, eliciting a small laugh from Na-Rae. She missed everyone; that was for sure. But the day Jin and So-Yeon left, it was clear that Na-Rae went over the top and felt incredibly guilty.

"Unnie is here too?" she asked.

"Of course, I told you. Didn't you hear me saying she needs to be an actor?" Na-Rae nodded her head, not really understanding why she even asked that question. "Do you want me to bring them inside? They would love to see you. Man, Jungkook was always on the verge of crying if we talked to him—literally dying because he couldn't see you. We promised to respect your privacy, but goodness, he even locked himself up in yours and his bedroom. We thought he was sneakily messaging you, but it seems not."

Jungkook always showed this protective nature, especially when it came to the well-being of the members. However, he reserved a particular concern for Na-Rae. Despite their minimal age difference, a stronger bond formed between them when they shared their deepest secrets. They pledged to take care of each other. They often teased each other but witnessing each other in pain or distress was something neither could bear.

Na-Rae acknowledged this unspoken promise with a nod, which made Jimin encourage himself to rise from her bedside. Within seconds, the room filled with the presence of everyone, resembling a close-knit family visiting their beloved younger sister.

"Nana!" Jungkook hurried to her side, eager to embrace her, but he swiftly let go upon hearing her wince. "Did I hurt your leg?" he asked, his hands hovering cautiously.

"No, you hurt my neck," she replied, a playful tone in her voice, followed by laughter as Jungkook hugged her again, despite her protests.

Namjoon intervened, advising Jungkook to be gentle, then took his turn to embrace her. "How is it going, my cute bear?" he asked, pinching her cheek, a habitual gesture that left her wondering if she had gained extra facial fat lately. Namjoon, however, simply loved her baby cheeks and found it cute when she protested.

"Much better. It still hurts, but every two hours, they bring me cold packs and do some weird stuff on my leg, prepping it all up again. And this," she gestured towards her IV, "is like a drug. It knocks me out every two hours. You know how much I dislike sleeping, but this puts me into another world without even having dreams," she shared casually, eliciting laughter from some of the boys.

"It seems you're already in a better mood," Jin remarked from the edge of her bed. Even in her recent moments of upset, having her family around provided more comfort than she had initially thought. Finally, she had someone to talk to.

In that moment, as the room filled with the warmth of familial bonds, Na-Rae's eyes met her sister's. So-Yeon approached cautiously, mindful not to disrupt the intimate gathering with the boys. Na-Rae felt a wave of regret for the harsh words she had uttered just two days ago, seeing her sister so standoffish.

Tears welled up in Na-Rae's eyes as she shook her head, feeling the weight of her emotional turmoil. "No," she said unexpectedly, drawing puzzled looks from everyone. "You can not hate me," she added, causing So-Yeon to furrow her brow.

"Who said that I hate you?" So-Yeon came closer, taking a seat on the right side of Na-Rae's bed.

"You didn't come to me first." Na-Rae's voice took on a childlike tone, leaving everyone in the room a bit perplexed.

"You were meeting the boys," So-Yeon said, half-laughing as she fondly observed her sister. The dynamic between them reminded her of a time when Na-Rae was just nine years old, and So-Yeon had forgotten to pick her up from school due to studying for a math exam.

"But I said awful things to you," Na-Rae's lip trembled, and So-Yeon moved closer, gently stroking her sister's hair.

"Yes, you did," So-Yeon admitted, "but I didn't take anything personally. You were hurt, and I didn't get the message that you wanted to be left alone. We were both at fault there, but you know I never can stay mad at you."

As Na-Rae sat up straighter, she suddenly hugged So-Yeon, who gladly took her sister in her arms too. "You can be a brat, but you're mine, of course," So-Yeon mumbled into her hair, feeling Na-Rae tighten the hug.

"I promise I would never say anything like those words again. The moment it came out of my mouth, I already regretted it."

So-Yeon nodded, rubbing Na-Rae's back while still holding on. "I knew. I knew," she said, a shared understanding passing between them.

"You cannot leave me now, never. You didn't come for two days. Mom would be so mad about that!" Na-Rae protested, making So-Yeon push her back a little.

"Were you not just saying that you would be sweeter to me?" So-Yeon teased, half-jokingly, making Na-Rae blush.

"Yes, but this is true."

"Oh, this is true? Remember what I said to you when I left your room? Contact me whenever you want me back."

Na-Rae's cheeks flustered again, thinking back to where her sister had said that. "Maybe," she said sheepishly but groaned in pain seconds after, feeling a pinch on her forehead. "Hey, I'm the sick one here," she protested.

"You hurt your leg, not your head," So-Yeon chuckled, making Na-Rae groan.

"This isn't fair; you must take care of me."

So-Yeon laughed. "You can be such a drama queen sometimes," she said, rolling her eyes. However, the door opened again, revealing two nurses with different materials on their cart.

"Oh, you have visitors," the younger nurse said, smiling at Na-Rae. Na-Rae's favorite nurse, Min-Jae, had been her saving grace the previous night. Lost in pain, Na-Rae had talked with her for a while, and the nurse took the time for her, not speaking much but listening. Min-Jae assured her that no matter what, family always comes back, and true to her words, Na-Rae's family was here.

"Yes, Ganhosa-nim, this is my sister, and meet my brothers and fellow members of BTS," Na-Rae said, presenting everyone with a gesture.

"Oh, nice to meet you," both nurses gave the family members a little bow in greeting.

"Are we interrupting your work?" So-Yeon asked, eyeing the cart filled with supplies.

"Well, we were here to clean up her wound and bring her favorite bottle of joy," Min-Jae said, making Na-Rae groan.

"Already? But they just got here, and I don't want to sleep," Na-Rae complained.

"Well, it's an order from the doctor," Min-Jae said, already taking the other empty bottle down from its hanger.

"Nara-ssi, listen to the nurses; I'm not leaving, okay? We are going to stand outside, leaving the nurses to do their work, and then we will come back." So-Yeon said.

"I'm sorry; I don't want to disrupt your family gathering, but Na-Rae needs to sleep after cleaning up her wounds."

"No..." Na-Rae complained more, taking So-Yeon's hand.

Min-Jae let out a sigh, a tangible reflection of the challenges she had witnessed over the past two days. "Okay, I'll allow one of your siblings to stay, but you need to get some rest, alright?" she attempted to make a compromise, earning a nod from Na-Rae.

"She's usually asleep for at least half an hour; it's just that her body needs time to recover from the recent care," Min-Jae explained to the family.

"Well, we can go find something to eat. Maybe bring you something, Nara-ssi?" Jin suggested, looking up at her. Na-Rae nodded in agreement.

"Oh yes, bring my laptop, earphones and Oh my notebooks. Um, what else can I bring where I can work on?" Na-Rae pondered aloud, eliciting a collective sigh from the others.

"Yoongi mate, you're literally turning our girl into your workaholic schedule," Jin remarked, patting Yoongi's back.

"Me? She's always interrupting me and asking for more work" Yoongi defended himself, provoking laughter from the group.

"Not too much work here, okay? You may work only a few hours, but I would like to take away your devices if I see you working too much," Min-Jae warned Na-Rae, who found herself increasingly less favorable.

"You're acting like my sister now, always complaining about what I do," Na-Rae retorted, rolling her eyes and receiving another playful flick on her forehead. "Aw!"

"Didn't you say you would be nicer to me?" So-Yeon chimed in, sparking laughter from everyone.

"I do, I swear," Na-Rae defended herself, raising her hands in a gesture of innocence. "You're still my favorite sister, my number one."

So-Yeon rolled her eyes. "You have only one sister, dummy."

"See," Na-Rae quipped, bringing another round of laughter.

Despite the challenges, when the family came together, they brought out the best in each other. It was truly a blessed moment.

____________

❤️🥰❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 1.4K 38
What will happen if you were the 8th member and the only female in BTS? These are a bunch of scenarios on how I think it would go. Note: I made this...
167K 2.6K 79
Being the only girl in a whole boy group seems challenging as well as fun. So you are Anna Stanley from New York,USA. You came to Korea and joined t...
169K 3.9K 55
In which a girl joins BTS as their 8th member 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙅𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙣 𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
739K 12.6K 100
《 ᴄ ᴏ ɴ ᴛ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ 》 ⇒ You are Y/n. Y/n is the eighth member of BTS. ⇒ In this story, know the challenges, consequences, advantages, and what the result...