The Monster Hero

Av KyleBayan

In the land of Melromarc, the four cardinal heroes were summoned, each wielding a single weapon spear, bow, s... Mer

Character Bio
Ch 1: Summoned
Ch 2: Gearing Up
Ch 3: Monster
Ch 4: Lute Village
Ch 5: Preparations
NOTICE
Bonus Chapter: Comin' Through
Ch 7: Duel of Heroes
Ch 8: Choice to stay
Ch 9: Gratitude and Race
Ch 10: Journey
Ch 11: Mysterious Overgrowth
Bonus Chapter: Bird Hunt
Ch 12: Curse
Ch 13: Back in The Capital
Ch 14: Trust Issues
Ch 15: Concequences of a Hero
Ch 16: A Challenger Approaches
Ch 17: Power
Ch 18: Conspiracy
Ch: 19 On The Run
Ch 20: Evil in The Kingdom
Ch 21: Filolial Queen
Ch 22: Filo's Coronation
Ch 23: Team Battle
Ch 24: The Church Attacks
Ch 25: Light and Darkness
NOTICE

Ch 6: The Wave

959 23 1
Av KyleBayan

RYUJI POV

We woke up early in the morning where many adventurers and Knights were preparing themselves for the harsh battle known as the wave of calamity.

Ryuji: the wave is about to start. I hope we're strong enough to handle it

Naofumi: .....

Ryuji: (still upset about what happened yesterday huh?)

Raphtalia approached Naofumi who was in a foul mood.

Raphtalia: master Naofumi

Naofumi didn't face Raphtalia.

Naofumi: what? 

Raphtalia: well i... I wanna say that I'm truly grateful and... and honored to have met you. you gave me medicine and allowed me to eat warm meals... and most importantly, you taught me how to live and gave me a reason to survive and to fight the waves

I got to admit that I got a little inspired by Raphtalia's speech to Naofumi but I am confused by the things she said.

Raphtalia: I swear to be your sword. wherever you go I will be there with you

Naofumi looked at Raphtalia and thought that he didn't care.

Naofumi: ...whatever. good luck with that

As the countdown reached zero the sky turned into an eerie red and all three of us were engulfed in a golden light and teleported to another location.

We were confused about what happened and looked around.

Naofumi: where are we!? 

Ryuji: up there!!

I pointed at the sky as swirling portals began to form and hordes of monsters came pouring out from the portals. 

Naofumi: It is the wave of catastrophe

We watch as the monsters came raining down and notice that the other heroes and their party are running into the woods.

Ryuji: where are they going?

Naofumi: probably to look for a boss monster

Raphtalia: look over there! 

Naofumi and I looked at the direction Raphtalia was pointing at and saw a familiar-looking village.

Raphtalia: It's Lute Village!

Naofumi: was everyone evacuated?

Ryuji: we came here so suddenly. I doubt that the villagers have time to evacuate

A flare suddenly came out of the forest.

Raphtalia: do you think it's enough to let the knights know where they are?

Ryuji: I don't see any knights or adventurers. they probably didn't get teleported

Naofumi: the castle isn't that far. but by the time reinforcements arrive the village could be wiped out

Ryuji: let's go!

Naofumi: Ryuuji summon some monsters we'll need backup

Ryuji: *nod* right! "Summon" Bulldrome! Mernos! Velocidrome! Kestodon! 

I raised his weapon and summoned four monsters Inosuke the Bulldrome, Arrowhead the Mernos, a Kestodon I named Headsmash, and a Velocidrome I named Torrent.

[Note: I played Monster Hunter Stories 2 and used a Velocidrome named Torrent who I used against the final boss and decided to give this monster the same name]

Ryuji: Arrowhead, scout out the area and let us know if the knights and adventurers are here!

Arrowhead squawked to acknowledge my order and flew off.

Ryuji then hopped onto the Velocidrome's back.

Ryuji: okay guys got on Inosuke and Headsmash

Raphtalia got on Inosuke while Naofumi rode Headsmash and ran to the village.

Ryuji: okay Torrent lets go!

Torrent: *roar*

Torrent ran as fast as he could to Lute village.

3RD PERSON POV

Lute village is in panic as interdimensional zombies and interdimensional wasps swarm the town, killing many civilians while a handful of armed villagers and passing adventurers struggle to fight off the monsters.

As a man with a pitchfork was about to be killed by a zombie a magic shield suddenly appeared and protected him.

Man: w-what!?

Naofumi: charge it Headsmash!

Headsmash: *snort*

Headsmash smashed into the zombie like a runaway horse as the zombie was splattered into chunks.

Man: the shield hero!?

Naofumi: go, get out of here

Man: R-right!

The man got up and ran off Headsmash kept running, knocking down every undead along the way while Naofumi used "Airstrike shield" to protect a merchant and "Shield prison" to protect a mother and her children.

Meanwhile, Raphtalia was slicing the wasps while Inosuke bulldozed through hordes, as Ryuji was shooting down the airborne threats and Torrent kept moving.

Many of the villagers and adventurers were surprised as the three and the monsters were easily thinning out the horde with little issue.

Ryuji and Raphtalia stopped in front of the group of civilians.

Ryuji: "Summon" Aptonoth! Kulu-Ya-Ku!

Ryuji Summoned two more monsters, an Apnotnoth named Note, and a Kulu-Ya-Ku named Grif.

[Note: The Kulu-Ya-Ku is named after the one I used in Monster Hunter Stories 2]

Raphtalia: everyone come this way!! We'll keep you safe!!

Ryuji: okay you three, help Raphtalia

Inosuke/Note/Grif: *agreeing snort*

Raphtalia along with the three monsters began guiding and protecting the villagers on the way to the mines.

As Ryuji was shooting down the giant wasps, he noticed Arrowhead flying towards him.

Ryuji: Arrowhead has backup arrived?

Arrowhead hovered in place, squawking to confirm Ryuji's question.

Ryuji: okay, go look around and see if any villagers need help

Arrowhead squawked and flew off.

Elsewhere Naofumi and Headsmash were running around the village, gathering the attention of the wave monsters.

Naofumi: (why am I risking my life for total strangers?) 

Headsmash killed a swarm of wasps in front of them while Naofumi grabbed a burning piece of wood to help gather attention.

Naofumi: (I'm such a fool)

As the two kept running Naofumi noticed that Headsmash was getting tired and that more buildings were getting destroyed.

Naofumi: (There are too many of them. I need to find a way to minimize the damage)

As Naofumi rode past a few adventurers struggling with the monsters, he suddenly got an idea.

Naofumi: I don't know if you'll listen or if you understand but I have a plan. so get ready

Headsmash: *grunt*

Naofumi guided Headsmash and started running towards a watchtower.

Headsmash ran past the tower and Naofumi jumped off.

Naofumi began climbing up a watchtower and started ringing the bell.

The monsters began gathering and climbing up the tower when Naofumi realized that the wave was still active.

Naofumi: (damn! It's showing no sign of slowing down. What are those three doing!?)

After the horde had gathered in a small group, Naofumi trapped a wasp in a "Shield prison" which plummeted to the ground.

He then casted "Airstrike shield" on the opposite side of the horde.

Naofumi: strike the "Shield prison"!!

Headsmash dug his feet down and charged at the ball of magic and sent it crashing into the horde and tower, like a bowling ball.

Naofumi jumped off the collapsing tower.

Using the Rope shield, he attached the rope to the tower and swung down, landing on the back of Headsmash.

Headsmash stopped to catch his breath a villager called out to Naofumi.

Man: Sir hero!

Naofumi looked at the man and saw that there were a lot of villagers fighting the monsters.

Naofumi: what are you guys doing!? get out of here!

Man: we all came back after we saw how courageously you and your party are fighting. Lute is our home, it's all we have. we can't just run away and abandon it. We decided to stay and help

Naofumi saw the determination in the man's eyes and nodded.

Naofumi: alright. then help us keep the enemy busy while the evacuations are still going

As the man was about to leave a giant zombie suddenly appeared.

It swung its axe to kill the villager but Naofumi blocked it.

The force of the swing was so strong that Naofumi and the villager were knocked into a tree.

When the zombie approached the downed hero, another villager attacked the monster with a pitchfork to help.

The zombie was unfazed and focused its attention on the villager and attacked.

Naofumi quickly got up and saved the villager.

Naofumi: You guys fall back, you can't deal with this one!

As the villagers watched as Naofumi was struggling against the zombie.

???: "Pierce shot"!

Suddenly a glowing arrow suddenly flew through the air and hit the zombie in the eye.

Naofumi looked at where the arrow came from and saw Ryuji.

Ryuji: out of the way!!

The villagers looked behind them and saw Ryuji charging in on Torrent's back.

Ryuuji: "Switch"!

Torrent leaped over the villagers and Ryuji leaped into the air, switching his bow for a greatsword.

Torrent pounced on the large zombie, knocking it to the ground, and leaped away.

As the zombie slowly got up Ryuji fell from above with his sword overhead.

Ryuji: "Crush Slash"!!

Ryuji activated his skill which empowered his blade, causing it to glow blue.

Ryuji swung his sword onto the zombie's head and pulverized the monster in an explosion.

With the zombie dead, the party gained exp and both Torrent and Headsmash leveled up.

Ryuji: get out of here it's too dangerous!

Torrent: *Roar*

The villagers were startled by Torrent's roar.

Ryuji: don't worry, we can handle this

Villager: alright but be careful

The villagers left with the evacuees.

Naofumi: thanks for the assist

Ryuji rested the greatsword on his shoulder.

Ryuji: don't mention it

Raphtalia: Master Naofumi! Mr Ryuji!

The two heroes looked at Raphtalia who came running towards them.

Naofumi: good timing 

Ryuji: what about the evacuees?

Raphtalia: don't worry, I left them in the protection of your monsters

Ryuji: that's good

Naofumi: but there's still...

The group looked at the horde of monsters in front of them.

Raphtalia: ...a lot of monsters to deal with

Ryuji: Arrowhead notified me that backup is almost here, so things should get easier

Suddenly a volley of flames came falling from the sky.

Naofumi: look out!!

Naofumi pulled Raphtalia closer to him and protected her with a small barrier while Ryuji used his great sword as a shield.

The three braced for the impact as the rain of fire scorched the ground and burned the monsters.

Torrent used his speed and agility to evade all incoming fire, Headsmash on the other hand, isn't as nimble as the Velocidrome was caught in an explosion which sent it crashing into an unstable building.

Ryuji: HEADSMASH!!

After a few moments, the flames have stopped.

Naofumi: what the hell was that!?

Ryuji: an attack?

???: hahaha we burned them all to death in a single strike

The three looked at the source of the voice and saw knights marching into the scorched town.

Ryuji noticed the proud expression on the face of the knight captain.

He realized what happened and got furious.

Ryuji: WHY THE HELL WE'RE YOU GUYS USING FIRE MAGIC TO BURN THE TOWN?!! YOU COULD'VE KILLED SOMEONE!!

Many of the younger knights were startled by Ryuji's sudden shout.

The knight captain looked at the two heroes, surprised that they survived the assault.

Captain: the shield hero and the vassal hero?

Raphtalia saw the knight captain's disappointed expression and got furious.

She charged to attack the captain but the vice-captain intercepted the strike.

Many of the knights drew their swords but Ake who was following his superior along with many of the younger knights hesitantly did the same.

Raphtalia: did you know that Master Naofumi and Mr Ryuuji were here!? answer me or I'll have your head!

Captain: the monsters were gathering in one spot and it's our chance to wipe them all out. that's all...

The knight captain made a sinister grin.

Captain: besides you three came out of it just fine, so what's the problem?

Ryuji rushed toward the knight captain then punched him in the face and knocked him to the ground.

Ryuji: YOU DICK!!

The knight captain stood up and glared at Ryuuji.

Captain: how dare you attack the royal knights!?

Raphtalia backed off from the vice-captain and pointed her sword at the knights.

Ryuji held his greatsword with both hands in a battle stance.

Raphtalia: *angry* what kind of knight uses a dangerous attack with the probability it could harm their allies!? 

Naofumi: that's enough you two. let it go

Raphtalia looked at Naofumi in surprise while Ryuji held his sword tighter.

Captain: that's right, follow the shield's words and stay out of our way. That way we won't make any mistakes

Ryuji: *glare* you already did

The knights looked at Ryuji in confusion.

Naofumi: *sinister grin* you guys let your guard down. And now you're fodder for the monsters

The knights turned around and saw a horde of monsters behind them.

Ryuji got between the knights and the monsters and made a horizontal swing, slicing multiple enemies.

Naofumi then rushed in and protected some knights with his shield.

Another zombie showed up behind the knight captain.

Ryuuji stuck two of his fingers in his mouth and whistled.

As a large zombie was about to kill the captain Torrent pounced on the zombie and started ripping it to shreds.

The knight captain fell on his butt in shock.

Naofumi: Raphtalia!!

Raphtalia: right!

Raphtalia rushed in to fight the monsters.

Naofumi: listen up! we're gonna buy you time. use it to get into formation!

Naofumi, Ryuji, Raphtalia, and Torrent fought the monsters killing each one with ease.

Many of the young knights were in awe but the knight captain got up and started walking away.

Captain: let the shield and vassal heroes deal with them. we'll offer support to the three heroes!

Many of the knights followed the captain but the vice-captain noticed the younger knights were hesitant to leave.

The vice-captain looked at the three and raised his sword.

Vice-captain: phalanx formation! Support the shield and vassal heroes!

Many of the young knights quickly got into a phalanx formation.

Vice-captain: to battle! 

The knights who decided to stay, charged in to help Naofumi and the others to clear out the monster.

 A wasp attacked Ryuji from behind when he was busy fighting a zombie.

Ake: watch out!

Ake managed to warn Ryuji about the wasp, giving him time to dodge and kill the monster.

The two then had their backs to each other.

Ryuji: thanks for the heads-up Ake

Ake: don't mention it

The vice-captain was commanding his troops while fighting monsters when he suddenly noticed a large zombie behind him.

He blocked the attack with his shield but, his shield was knocked off his hands.

When the zombie was about to swing its weapon again Headsmash crashed into the zombie and then pulverized its head with a headbutt.

Headsmash gasped for breath as it was still injured but continued to mow down the wave monsters.

The vice-captain looked at the Kestodon in surprise then looked at Torrent who was killing monsters left and right with the same surprised look.

Vice-captain: what kinds of monsters are those?

Raphtalia: Don't worry about those two! they're on our side

The vice-captain looked at the two monsters that were helping both knights and the hero party against the wave monsters.

The fight raged on until there were no more wave monsters.

Ryuji: is that all of them?

Naofumi: seems like it

Vice-captain: rest up but be on your guard, there might be more monsters nearby

As Ryuji was catching his breath, he along with his teammates and monsters suddenly received a large amount of exp and leveled up.

Naofumi: *surprised* Where did this exp come from!?

While the two heroes are surprised and confused, Raphtalia notices something is happening to the sky.

Raphtalia: look at the sky!

Everyone looked up and saw that the sky turned back to normal.

Ryuji rested on his greatsword and made a sigh of relief.

Ryuji: thank god it's over

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

34.4K 661 54
Khiry Cleveland is a University student. He is Naofumi Iwatani pen pal from USA. During that time, Khiry & Naofumi send items from their side to each...
2.8K 117 30
A Rising of the Shield Hero fanfic. When two gamers were chosen to change the course of different worlds to escape the boredom of reality, they go on...
13.5K 317 17
The four cardinal heroes turn up, you've heard it before right? But what you didn't know was that one extra hero turned up , the staff hero, who spec...