Not Completely Alone (male re...

Par Cobaltblue1117

(y/n) was a rookie member of alpha-nine. an ODST squad tasked with aiding soldiers on earth during the Covena... Plus

Introduction
Strong And Silent Type
Real G's Move In Silence
Imp Running With Demons
Strange Habits
Hell's Guide

Psych Evaluation

748 8 7
Par Cobaltblue1117

(y/n) was in his barracks. He was lying on his bed listening to his music. Tapping his foot to the rhythm. Suddenly his friend Annie walked into his room. He paused his music and looked at his friend.

Annie: Hey (y/n). Time for your psych eval.

He gave her a thumbs up and got off his bed.

Annie: Say what were you listening too?

(y/n): Everlong.

Annie: Nice.

The two walked to the psychiatrist's office. The entire time, Annie was talking to (y/n) about her evaluation.

Annie: She said I had sociopathic tendencies. I mean she isn't wrong. Remember when we were kids and I... I'm sorry. I think I'm boring you.

He put a hand on her shoulder and signed her "it's fine".

Annie: Alright. You know what I like about you?

(y/n) shrugged his shoulders.

Annie: You always listen. Anyway, she said that even with those tendencies, I still passed. I think the UNSC is desperate for people.

They stopped at the office and put a hand on his shoulder.

Annie: Do you have your paper?

He took out a notepad and a pen.

Annie: Good. Don't be afraid to speak to her okay? I know you hate being forced to talk but it might help her.

(y/n) shook his head yes.

Annie: Good. We'll meet at the bar after you're done. Me and Devin will be waiting for you at the usual spot.

She walked away and (y/n) walked into the office.

Psychiatrist: Hello. Are you (y/n) (l/n)?

He shook his head yes.

Psychiatrist: Good. Have a seat.

He sat down across from her.

Psychiatrist: First, tell me your age.

He took out the notepad and uncapped the pen before he began to write.

(y/n): 26.

Psychiatrist: Do you know why you're here?

(y/n): I need to pass a psychological evaluation in order to become an official ODST.

Psychiatrist: Good. Now let's get started.

She looked at the clipboard.

Psychiatrist: First question, how did you enjoy school?

(y/n) began to write on a new page.

(y/n): It was fine. The best part was my friends. It was the few good parts of my day.

The psychiatrist began to write down his response.

Psychiatrist: Okay. Next question, how do you feel about being away from home?

He began to write quickly. Almost enthusiastic.

(y/n): It's the best. I feel free finally now that I'm away from my family.

She wrote down his response.

Psychiatrist: Most people are glad that they are independent but not like that. The next question might help you understand you more. How well do you get along with your family?

He began to write again.

(y/n): I have cut contact with them.

Psychiatrist: I see. Why?

(y/n): I had a very difficult childhood.

Psychiatrist: Describe it to me.

He didn't want to write but reluctantly continued to write.

(y/n): I had a single mother. She would bring other men home but none of them would stay for long maybe a few weeks. She would blame me for losing them. She would hit me and yell at me.

Psychiatrist: What were these boyfriends like?

(y/n): They were all strangers to me. They would try to get me to talk to them or treat them like a dad but I wouldn't break. I was both scared of them and of my mom as I didn't want to ruin anything for her.

Psychiatrist: I see.

She wrote down his response to her question.

Psychiatrist: You're really easy to write down. Is there a reason why you don't speak? Your friends explained to me that you've been having speech problems since childhood.

(y/n): selective mutism.

Psychiatrist: Selective mutism. When do you speak?

(y/n): When I'm alone or with friends in private places.

Psychiatrist: What kind of private places?

(y/n): Like our barracks or just the three of us alone.

Timeskip

After about an hour of questioning. It was finally close to being over.

Psychiatrist: Okay the last question, how do you feel about isolation?

(y/n): I don't mind it.

Psychiatrist: And that's all the questions we have for you. Overall you did well. The only thing of note is the selective mutism. Other than that, you passed.

He stood up and shook her hand. He went to the door and left the room.

Timeskip

(y/n) made his way to the bar while wearing his new armor. It was shiny and was painted almost completely black save for a few (f/c) highlights on the chest and helmet.

(y/n): I'm liking the helmet. With this on, I don't need a reason for people to speak to me. Oh it has a built-in mp3 player.

He put it on and walked inside the bar. The place was packed with people. People he didn't know. That's when he saw his friends sitting at a table near the wall. He quickly walked towards them and sat down.

Devin: How did your evaluation go?

He gave a thumbs up.

Annie: Can't you tell it went well? He's wearing him new armor for God's sake.

Devin: Maybe he stole it.

(y/n) immediately began to shake his head and hands trying to say no.

Devin: Just messing with you.

Annie: So an ODST? Your grandfather was one right?

He shook his head yes.

Annie: I remember you showing us a picture of him. What would say if he saw you now?

(y/n): He would be proud.

Annie: Good. Hey do you want a drink?

He shook his head yes.

Annie: I'll be right back.

She got up and walked towards the bar.

Devin: So what did you hear about your job?

(y/n): I'm going on my first mission tomorrow morning.

Devin: Shit man. What time?

(y/n): Tomorrow afternoon.

Devin: I hope we'll be fine. Everyone's been on high alert from the invasion. Do you know where you're going to be attacking?

He shook his head no.

Devin: To tell you the truth man, I'm scared. I heard the Covenant aren't some piss in the wind army. A lot of people died on Reach because of them. Speaking of Reach, did you hear that Noble 4 and 6 are getting married?

Suddenly they heard the sound of Annie arguing with another woman.

Devin: Damnit Annie. I'll handle this.

He stops him and makes a gesture saying that he got it.

Devin: If you say so.

(y/n) left the table and began to walk towards Annie. That's when he saw she was arguing with a spartan in cyan armor.

Annie: Get out of my way spartan or else!

Female Spartan: Or else what?

Next to her were 2 male spartans. One in black armor with yellow accents while the other was large and wore white EVA armor with red accents.

Male Spartan: Don't make a scene Carolina.

Carolina: Don't lecture me Wash.

Wash: Maine, break up the fight when it happens.

The one in white nodded his head.

Annie: Take off that helmet and I'll show you!

She took off her helmet and sat it down on the bar. (y/n) was paralyzed by her looks. He began to feel something he never had before. Annie took out a knife and pointed it at the spartan's face.

Annie: Or I'll cut that pretty face of yours.

(y/n) broke out of the trance and stopped his friend. He lowered her arm and took the knife from her hand.

(y/n): so-sorry...for...m-my...f-f-friend.

Carolina: An ODST.

She looked at him up and down before looking him in the eyes.

Carolina: Keep her on a leash.

(y/n): yes ma'am.

He quickly escorted Annie back to their table. The Spartan turned around and (y/n) over heard them talking.

Carolina: He's a rookie.

Wash: How can you tell?

Carolina: Two things. His armor is still new and he didn't let his friend continue the fight.

Annie sat down next to (y/n).

Annie: That bitch. Why did you stop me?!

(y/n): I didn't want you to get in trouble

Annie: At least you were looking out for me. Say I'm surprised you actually spoke.

Devin: Shut up.

Annie: Yes. He stuttered a bit but he got it out.

Devin: Good job man.

(y/n): Thank you.

Devin: Say it's getting late, how about we start heading back?

Annie: Fine. It will help me cool off a bit.

(y/n): I have my mission tomorrow. It would be good to get some sleep in before it happens.

Devin: I forgot about your mission.

Annie: We're all getting deployed tomorrow. Sending us to New Mombasa.

Devin: We're going on the front lines?!

Annie: Yeah. Maybe we'll see (y/n).

Devin: C'mon. Let's get going.

Annie: It's on my tab. Don't worry about me paying.

Devin: We might die.

Annie: I'll pay it in the morning before we go.

They all stood up and left the bar.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

84.9K 643 10
I legit don't remember the description here. Just be warned, mature content ahead. Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY. All characters from RWBY are own...
247 24 22
just another day in the life of an odst.and the death of a fireteam
2K 24 20
Cpl. Jaxson Kimball was born on Chorus, where he was raised and later enlisted in the UNSC, where he fought on Reach. A year later he was recruited b...
2.9K 93 12
Y/N an ODST with good skills and a good heart was supposed to be part of a huge mission to recover an artifact from the Covenant, but Fate has other...