Legacies || Lorenzo Berkshire

By chisvrsx

Money. Power. Ambition. Fame. Legacies. It all comes down to purity. But a white flower has no colors. And a... More

Characters
The House of Emrys
Unbending
A Figure in the Books
Famed
Gossip
Boyfriend.
Crazy
Emrys...
Who...?
Drunk
Sober
Don't Go.
How...?
Catch Me
Got you
Pretty Girl
Fine
Stolen Secrets

Burn

104 1 0
By chisvrsx

Burn my Black and White World down to the Ground

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 1:07

Bloom • Aidan Bisset

Evangeline Emrys

The fire was crackling and burning in heat. Everyone was engulfed in conversation.

I excused myself, saying I was tired. In reality, I just couldn't understand anything they were saying. Seeing my cousin make out with a guy I just met didn't really help.

I felt a towering presence behind me and looked back to see Theo.

"Hey, you okay? You looked quite uncomfortable out there."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just shocked with the revelation. It didn't exactly help that I had no idea what you were talking about either."

"Come on, you know boys."

"Theo, aren't you forgetting? You're a guy too."

"See Emrys, this is how I know it wasn't that you couldn't understand. You just weren't listening." He paused and looked at me before smiling.

"I said 'boys' and you said 'guy'. Those things are different." He continued, that made me giggle a bit.

"Okay, Theodore Nott. How exactly are you different from the 'boys' over there."

"Well, for one, I'm literally escorting you to your dorm. Second, isn't it my jacket that you're wearing 'cause you got cold. And also, am I not the one paying attention to you enough to pinpoint you were uncomfy?" He grinned.

"Fine. Then, I guess you are different by just a little."

"Come on, Emrys. Just a little? Really? Who adjusted the fire when the ash was bothering your eyes?"

"Fine, by a loooot then." I replied sarcastically and he gave me a smug smile in return.

"What, Emrys? Don't believe me?"

"No" I shook my head giggling.

"I'm serious. See..." He opened the door for me. "Goodnight, mademoiselle." He sent me a wink.

I went in the door and sprawled myself on my bed. The other girls were fast asleep and Nea was no where to be found in the room. Though I payed no mind to it. Thinking she'll come back later to sleep.

I blew the burner on my side table that was the only sole source of light illuminating the room and got under the covers.

——————————

Evangeline Emrys

I got up at exactly 3:47 only to find my roommates fast asleep. I tried sleeping again but I kept tossing and turning. Nothing was helping.

I just decided to get dressed. I tried being very quiet in gathering my makeup. I knew I'd be noisy in the room, so I just did my make-up in the bathroom and curled my hair a bit.

I went out to the common room, grabbing my book. I didn't dare go out without anyone, I felt like I'd be lost in such a massive castle. 

I eventually grew bored of reading. Finding the map I tucked within the pages of my book, I tried my very best to follow the map. Although, I do admit that my navigation skills are poor. 13 years stuck inside a house does that to you, I guess.

Eventually, I reached the Grand Hall, Great Hall or whatever they call it. I arrived at about 4-ish something.

I remember this place. Where I was sorted and first met the girls.

I smell something... burning? It was soon followed by a series of panicked screams.

I followed where the voice was coming from. As I opened the door, I saw a pot engulfed in flames. I quickly cast a spell on it to stop.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. We elves are so grateful." An elf said before turning to me. And when he did, his smile dropped. Anyone could've guessed the reason. Seeing a pure-blood Slytherin isn't exactly the best thing to happen for people who haven't met you yet.

I smiled as I slid my wand back to my pocket and turned to make my way out of the kitchen.

"Thank you." another elf said which made me turn back. Soon the other elves came and said thank you. They carefully took the lid of the pot and tried it. I'm assuming it was no longer edible.

"What are you guys making?" I asked taking a step forward.

"Well, sine the porridge is no longer edible. We will have to make do with pancakes and eggs for now. But thank you, indeed for you help, Miss..."

"Emrys." I replied and maybe it was just me but his eyes shone. 

"Oh my, Miss Emrys. I remember a few years ago, one of your elders perhaps. He helped us at times and even protected us when a fellow Slytherin was making a mess at the kitchen."

"Do you remember his name?"

He went silent, thinking for a moment before answering "Mercilus Emrys"

Ah, great grandfather Mercil. I loved him. He passed just when he was aged 127. He was always lucky, easy-going and friendly. Everyone loved him. Even great grandmother Celia. Even at his old age he found time to get her flowers. Not bought. He grew them himself in the garden. Now there were peonies in the mansion garden. It was the ones he planted for my great grandmother.

I smiled at the thought. "He was my great grandfather" I told the elves. "He kept me company at home before he passed when I was 8. I'm sure he's happy of your memory of him."

"Miss Emrys" the same elf started. 

"Eva."

"Miss Emrys?" he looked at me with questioning eyes.

"I'm Evangeline. You may call me Eva." I smiled and outreached my hand. He took it as well, introducing himself as Skreach.

"Miss Em- Eva, please head out. If you're caught in the kitchen after a fire, you may be punished." I didn't mind really. I wanted to help them. And Skreach seemed to understand the meaning of me being rooted in my postion.

"Eva, if they find you here, we will also be likely to be under more pressure because of your presence. Please go."

I sighed and gave them all a goodbye, telling them that I'd come by some other time. In the mean while, I didn't dare stray away too far from the Great Hall, Grand Hall or whatever. 

I wandered around and found myself in a room with barrels. Just as I was about to leave, the barrels moved and two identicsal men in red robes came out. He must be a Gryffindor.

They had ginger hair, a pale complexion and was tall as hell.

Shit. I was caught red-handed in here.

"Hey" one said said and I quickly turned around, hoping he wouldn't realize I was intruding. I vaguely remember Daphne telling me that each common room is concealed to ward off people who weren't from the same house. It was only ever welcome to outsiders when there was a party or they were invited.

"Hey" the voice called again, this time closer. I couldn't make out which one of them were talking. I didn't move. I guess they didn't get the memo because I heard his footsteps coming closer.

Fuck, Slytherins are the most hated house. What do I do? We literally have a Slytherin-Gryffindor rivalry.

I was expecting a threat, or maybe telling me to get out. But instead I saw two faces, grinning widely.

"Hey, there!" they said at the same time and then continued one sentence.

"What are you"
"doing here"

"I was, um... "

"You're that newbie from yesterday, aren't you?" One of them asked, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"Evangeline Emrys, pleasure to make your acquaintance." I outstretched my hand. They laughed. Oh my gosh, did they just fucking laugh at me?

"What world are we in? The medieval ages?" The one that had his arm around me took it off and bowed at his twin.

Well, I'm sorry. I was locked up in a mansion since birth. I only read stories. And in the stories they either curtsy when the meet someone or shake hands. You wouldn't prefer me curtsying now, would you?

"I'm pretty sure that if we were in the medieval times, this is the part where you shake my hand." I retorted

"ooh, I think I like this one, Fred." the one on the left said.

"I think I do too, George." the guy on my right agreed.

"Hey you're new, right?"
"Of course you are"
"We saw you yesterday"
"How about a tour?"
"Yep yep, I think she wants a tour." 

They already decided for me? The fuck? 

They slinked an arm each on mine and lifted me off the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 47 29
"Even a white rose has a black shadow" ∞ Harry Potter x reader. ∞ Goblet of Fire. ∞ book one.
3.3M 139K 48
my dearest darling love,
71.8K 1.2K 21
After getting sent flowers from an anonymous person, and the only note left is a phone number, Lorelei Nott is determined to find out who this myster...
371K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...