Because You Love Me

By thegirlwhowrites11

Alaina Evans was considered dangerous and locked away...until the Death Eaters came for her. She was saved b... More

1. There's Something Wrong
2. Welcome Home
3. Meeting Harry
4. The Last Stand
5. Dead and Gone
6. A Night at Spinner's End
7. The Boy Who Lived
8. Arrangements
9. Number 4 Privet Drive
10. The Funeral
11. Sirius Justice
12. Finally Eleven
13. An Old Friend
14. Muggle Studies
15. Welcome to Hogwarts
16. The Hogwarts Express
17. Sorted
18. First Classes
19. A Lesson in Flying
20. Potions
21. Late Night Talks
22. Suspicious Minds
23. Midnight Adventure
24. Halloween Blues
25. Troll in the Dungeon
26. Jinxing the Broom
27. See Me After Class
28. The Mirror of Erised
29. Christmas
30. Their Deepest and Most Desperate Desires
31. The Sorcerer's Stone
32. Detention With Hagrid
33. Something Wicked
34. Fluffy's Secret
35. The Trap Door
36. Two-Faced Villian
38. Points for Gryffindor
39. Going Home
40. Blissful Summer
41. Dobby
42. Meeting Malfoy
43. Another Year Begins
44. The Elf's Warning
45. Second Year Classes
46. Mudblood
47. Enemies of the Heir
48. What Lies Within
49. Rogue
50. Dobby Returns
51. Moaning Myrtle
52. Parselmouth
53. Petrified
54. Christmas Revelations
55. The Diary
56. Wrong Place, Wrong Time
57. Into the Chamber
58. Tom Marvolo Riddle
59. Reborn
60. Voldemort Has Returned
61. Dead or Alive
62. A Marked Man
63. Free
64. Escape
65. Big Black Dog
66. There's Something Out There
67. Out in the Open
68. Everything's Changed
69. Outcast
70. Lupin's Request
71. Buckbeak and Malfoy
72. Sighted
73. Severus and the Boggart
74. A Shocking Revelation
75. Trouble in Hogsmeade
76. The Doctor and Sirius Black
77. The Fat Lady
78. Freefall
79. The Marauder's Map
80. The Firebolt
81. Return of the Black Dog
82. Seeing the Impossible
83. A Rat Among Them
84. The Whomping Willow
85. The Truth About Scabbers
86. Attack of the Wolf
87. The Stag
88. Cleared
89. Preparations
90. Nightmares
91. Haunted
92. A Wedding at Hogwarts
93. The Message
94. Seven
95. Burning at Both Ends
96. The Exchange
97. The Death of Harry
98. Shattered
99. Reunited
100. New Beginnings

37. Hospitalized

8.9K 344 35
By thegirlwhowrites11

 "Just relax," Severus commanded. His tone was firm, but he knew that if they didn't relax, they would both be squeezed to death by the Devil's Snare plant they had just fallen on.

"Relax?" Alaina repeated. "I have a plant trying it's best to squeeze the life out of me and you want me to relax?"

"Yes," he said calmly. "If you don't it will kill you."

Her whole body was shaking. Despite the fact that she wanted to wriggle, she decided to take Severus's advice. He fell through the plant to the floor below and she followed soon after, hitting the floor with a thud.

"Ow," she complained. Severus helped her up off the floor. "Who's big bright idea was that?"

Severus smiled. "Professor Sprout no doubt. Come on. We have lots more to go through." He took her hand and led her to the next room.

He and Alaina went through it with no problem. It was Severus's enchantment after all. He knew just what potions to drink and which ones to leave alone. They were about to go through the door to the next one when the door burst open, nearly knocking the both of them over. Alaina gasped and so did Hermione. She was dragging Ron through the door. Alaina moved to help her.

"Quickly!" Hermoione said. "The keys!"

Alaina pulled Ron in and Hermione shut the door just before the keys attacked it on the other side. Alaina's eyes widened.

"Where is Mr. Potter?" Severus asked.

Alaina was wondering the exact same thing. She studied Hermione anxiously. She seemed a little nervous.

"Er, Harry went on."

"What do you mean?" Severus demanded.

"H-He went on to try and get the stone."

"What?" Alaina said in disbelief. "Why would he even be down here?"

"McGonagall wouldn't listen to us," Hermione said. She kneeled down on the floor beside of Ron. "We knew someone was going to try and steal it."

"You could have come to me, Hermione. I can't believe that Harry wouldn't come to me."

"I don't think he thought of it actually."

Severus stayed silent. He bent down and examined Ron, then woke him up with the same spell that he used on Alaina. Hermione hugged him the moment he rose upright.

"Thank you, Professor Snape!" Hermione exclaimed.

"You need to get him to the Hospital Wing. Do you think you can manage that, Ms. Granger?" Severus asked rudely.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Get Weasley checked out and then go back to your dormitory. Professor Evans and I are going to go on and make sure Potter is okay."

She nodded. Alaina smiled at her and Ron.

"Take care of each other," she whispered.

"We will," Hermione promised.

Ron asked her what happened on the way out, but Alaina didn't get to hear her answer. She turned to Severus, who was strangely silent. He glanced up at her.

"You're worried, aren't you?" Alaina asked.

Severus sighed. "He should have come to you. Or...me. He should have-"

She smiled. "Harry is very curious and head strong. He's got a lot of pride. I'd say that's why he didn't come to either of us. I just hope nothing awful has happened to him."

"As do I." He moved forward. "I shudder to think what will happen if he gets in between Quirrell and that stone."

Alaina swallowed hard. She did too.

They went through the next door to the keys. It didn't take them long to get through that room. Alaina was a fair flyer. The next room was the chess set. Severus groaned the moment he saw it.

"I was never any good at this," he admitted.

Alaina smiled slyly. "I was."

"I assume we will have to play our way across the room."

She nodded. "I would say. Just leave it to me."

Alaina had played chess to pass the time at St. Mungo's a lot. The Auror's that taught her magic also played the game with her as well. She had gotten quite good by the time she was allowed to leave. She instructed all the moves on the board. Severus was quite impressed with her skill. She managed to beat the game in just a few moves. She made Severus the one to check the king and he caught the sword as it came down. He busted the king into bits and then threw the sword to the floor. Alaina grinned as she rushed over to him.

"You showed him who was boss, didn't you?" Alaina asked with a grin.

Severus nodded. "Yes. I'm so glad you were with me or I might have never defeated that test."

She took a deep breath. "I wonder what's next."

He already knew. "Only one more. This is probably where we'll find Harry. Next is the Mirror of Erised."

At the mention of the mirror, Alaina stiffened. She remembered what she had seen inside of it. Her, Severus, Harry, Sirius, and Remus with family surrounding them. Plus Lily and James too. The part that really stuck out in her mind though was the fact that Severus had been wearing a wedding ring. She shook her head to clear it. She didn't need to be thinking of that right now. She gulped as he opened the door.

The room before them was lit. Severus went in first, but Alaina didn't let him out of her sight. She was a little apprehensive about what she was about to face. He started down the staircase. They had gone down two flights of stairs before he stopped abruptly.

"What is it?" Alaina questioned.

Severus swallowed. There in front of him was Harry. He was sprawled out on the stairs and the Sorcerer's Stone was laying safely in his hand. Next to him were Quirrell's ashes. He had no idea what had happened, but Harry was laying at an odd angle. Alaina moved from behind him before he could stop her and her hands flew to her mouth. She gasped loudly, tears coming to her eyes.

"Harry," she whispered.

"It may not be as bad as it looks," he told her.

Her feet felt like lead for a moment. "I don't think I can go to him, Severus. If he's-"

"He's not dead, Alaina. He can't be." He stared at the small body of the boy he had grown closer to over the past year. He slowly walked down to him.

Alaina watched as Severus felt for a pulse, her heart in her throat. He looked up at her after a few agonizing seconds had gone by.

"He's breathing," Severus announced.

Alaina sighed in relief. She rushed down to him. She gathered Harry in her arms. Severus picked up the stone and slipped it into his pocket so it wouldn't get lost. He had to get it to Dumbledore as quickly as possible.

"Oh, Harry," Alaina whispered. "Why did it have to be you?" She glanced at Severus. "I'm just glad he's okay."

"We need to get him to the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey will be able to look at him and give us a report on the extent of his injuries."

"Can't you try to wake him with the same spell you used on Ron?"

Severus frowned. "I could." He pointed his wand at Harry and muttered the Awakening Spell. Curiously, Harry was unaffected.

Alaina looked worried. "Why didn't it work?"

He shrugged. "Sometimes it doesn't. He may have a bad concussion or something. Let's just get him to Madame Pomfrey."

She nodded, biting her lip nervously. Tears formed in her eyes. "I-I don't know if I can carry him."

Severus extended his arms. "Give him to me," he said reluctantly.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. She handed Harry over to him. Severus stared down at the boy, a surge of warmth shooting through him. He really hoped he was alright. Alaina watched him, seeing something different in his eyes. She smiled.

"Let's go," she told him.

Severus nodded in agreement and then started up the stairs. Harry didn't weigh anything hardly. He was as scrawny as he could be. He held him close to him. It killed him to see Harry like that, but he kept his expression blank. The simple truth was that the Awakening Spell should of worked. It worried him, but he didn't want to worry Alaina.

It didn't take them nearly as long to get back through all the doors as it had to come in. Severus and Alaina were at the doors of the Hospital Wing with Harry before they knew it. He rushed him in to the nearest bed. He was surprised to find Dumbledore and Poppy waiting for them, both standing in the middle of the room. Poppy rushed over to Harry the moment Severus got him laid down. Alaina stayed right by his side, but Severus walked over to Dumbledore.

"How did you know to come back here?" Severus asked.

Dumbledore smiled with that familiar twinkle in his light blue eyes. "Ms. Granger sent me an owl. She said that someone had tried to steal the stone and that Harry had gone after it. I left right away and I've been waiting here. She said you and Alaina had gone after Harry." He glanced over at him. "He seems to have been through a lot. Any idea what happened?"

He shook his head. "Not the slightest." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the stone. He handed it to Dumbledore. "But he did save it. Quirrell was turned to ash. I don't know how Potter done it, but he's dead."

Dumbledore rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "My guess is that he tried to touch Harry. And since we know that Voldemort was probably using him, he couldn't bear to have someone whose soul is so pure touch him after what he'd become."

"You're probably right." Severus glanced over at Alaina. She was petting Harry as Poppy was checking him out.

"You should go be with her, Severus," Albus told him. "She needs you right now more than I do. Go."

He nodded and went over to stand beside her.

"He seems to be just fine," Poppy assessed. "He's got a few cuts and bruises and his pulse is weak, but that's nothing to worry about. I'll give him a healing potion and he should wake up in a few hours. It's already late though. I would at least give him till morning."

Alaina smiled. "Thank you so much."

Poppy nodded.

Severus put his hand on her shoulder. "Alaina, you should get some rest."

"I know, but I'm not leaving him," she said firmly. "I'm staying right here."

Dumbledore slowly slipped out of the Hospital Wing. He didn't want to intrude on their conversation, plus he had a lot of studying to do. He had to get a hold of Nicholas Flamel. The stone was too dangerous and the matter had to be dealt with.

"That's fine," Severus told her, "but I'm staying with you."

"You don't have to."

"I want to. I want to make sure the two of you are okay."

She smiled at him again. "Thank you."

 Severus leaned down and kissed her lightly on the lips, then wrapped his arms protectively around her. As long as she stayed there with Harry, he was going to be there right by her side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1K 46
After the war, everything changed. Not everything that Dumbledore tried to make happen happened. Wrong people died, wrong people lived. Dumbledore hi...
39.4K 1.2K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
70.4K 2.1K 14
Severus missed his friend when she left Hogwarts some six year ago. He'd tried to push his feelings for her to the back of his mind but when she ret...
15.3K 391 24
Severus is good friends with your father so you've known him almost your whole life. You're 18 and entering your last year at Hogwarts. But what happ...