The Mission: The Hotel

By MonaRisaBooks

Sasuke and Sakura both shut their eyes. Only one of them had their eyes calmly closed while the flustered one... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 10

298 8 5
By MonaRisaBooks

Sakura stirred slightly in her sleep, before waking up in the bright bedroom. She sat up and rubbed her eyes before scanning the room. The window letting bright light from the sun to glow up the room, and the fancy curtains that hanged on each side of the window.

Sakura's stomach growled. She clutched onto her stomach and grunted. She was starving. She hasn't got out of the bedroom since last night. And the best solution she could think of is to stall her hunger and ignore it by napping.

She didn't feel like going out there. She was afraid Sasuke was out there. And she didn't want to see him. She just needed some time before talking to him. But he won't listen if she went out.

Sakuras eyes lowered as she thought of Sasuke. His black hair and his obsidian eyes. His thin lips and his perfect nose and his perfectly arched eyebrows too. She thought of her life with him. Her life with him as a part of team 7, when they were genin and Naruto and Sasuke would always challenge each other.

She thought of every tiny little detail of Sasuke, from his stoic expression to his pain deep inside. Her eyes started to water slightly when a thought crossed her mind of a night. A night with the moon shining above them, as Sasuke stood in front of the exit of the village.

She remembered her memory in her vision. Her vision was blurry with tears that night as she confessed her love to him. She then saw him turn, giving her a cruel smile and just calling her annoying. She remembered everything that night, especially the part where he thanked her before knocking her out from behind.

And the next morning she woke up on the bench that was beside the pavement that led to the exit of the village. She was quite astonished that day, to actually think that Sasuke was truly gone, and left the village.

Her stomach twisted at the memory. But a thought crossed her mind. She thought of Sasuke's pain, and he just needs to open up sometimes. But he never opens up, he just bottles up all of his feelings, and it makes Sakura feel bad for him.

She wants to help him but for years and years, he has never let her. So why will he now? Sakura laid back down on the bed. She thought that maybe if she could just take a nap again, she might be able to kill some time for herself.

So she let her thoughts roam as she closed her eyes and sailed away into a sea of slumbering.

—————————————————————————-
—————————————————-

Sasuke sat on the couch for three whole hours, just hoping for her to come out. He just didn't want this drama anymore. It's stupid. He just wants to apologize and just let this horrible guilt wash away already. Sasuke continued to sit, and sit, and sit.....and sit.

....and sit.

......and sit.

The clock ticked with each second. Time was passing. And he didn't want it. He's doesn't want to waste anymore time anymore.

He finally stood up and walked over to the door, sliding it open silently to get inside...

————————————————
—————————————————————————-

Sakura continued to sleep until she felt a slight push, a nudge, outside of her dreams. She was now slightly shaking and she groaned, waking up and fluttering her eyes open after she rubbed them. She saw Sasuke there standing beside her bed and he was holding her shoulder. He then pulled away.

"Hey, get ready. We're going somewhere."
Sasuke said, turning and heading out of the bedroom.

"Where are we going?"
Sakura asked, rubbing her eyes once more.

Sasuke stopped and turned his head slightly to just look at her over his shoulder on the corner of his eye.

"I want to...show you something."
He said before leaving the room.

Sakura sleepily stood up from bed and went in the bathroom to get ready. After she got herself ready from combing her hair and cleaning her face, she went into the bedroom.

She put on some clothes that weren't her regular ninja clothes. Because the way Sasuke told her that he wanted to show her something, it made her assume that her ninja clothes weren't needed. So Sakura put on a pink shirt and a black skirt.

She sighed, exiting the bedroom and entering the living room. She saw Sasuke already putting on his shoes beside the exit of the hotel room. He also wasn't dressed in his ninja clothes. He was just wearing black pants and a black T shirt, that looked a lot like the blueish black shirt he used to wear back in the genin days.

Sasuke looked up and their eyes locked. Sasuke stood up, his eyes never leaving hers until he looked down at her outfit, then back at her eyes.

"It's good you're not wearing your ninja clothes."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want this to involve anything with our lives as ninjas. I want this thing that I show you to be totally personal that involves with my personal life. No ninjas."

Sasuke answered, finishing up his last shoe and straightening up. Sakura looked at him in the eye before putting on her own shoes. After she was done, she saw Sasuke open the door for her. Sakura hesitated at first before going through the door.

"Thank you"
She whispered.

"You're welcome."
Sasuke whispered back in a soft tone, his eyes tracking her figure as she walked through the door. It caught Sakuras attention, because she would usually expect just a "Hn" or nothing from him. But he actually said "you're welcome" back.

Sasuke then followed right behind her, closing the door behind him and then walking up beside Sakura across the hallway. Sakura stole a quick glance at Sasuke, then nervously looked back.

"Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see."
He replied, causing Sakura to make a puzzled face. She had no idea where he was taking her. It piqued her interest.

After a couple of steps they arrived in the lobby but Sasuke went straight for the exit. Sakura followed him and they both now were outside, walking down the path of Konoha.

Sakura looked around to small restaurants that people have surrounded, talking and laughing together. Sakura glanced at Sasuke when she saw him continue to walk at one part of the village that she has barely even been into. There were less people there.

And the more they walked, she finally spot a compound. The Uchiha sign was on the entrance of the compound.

It was the old Uchiha compound.

Sakura saw the sign and the compound and her eyes widened. She looked at Sasuke with big eyes, her lips parted.

"Is he really going to take me in there?!"
Sakura thought, observing the silent Uchiha that stared at the entrance of the compound before walking to it.

Sakura hesitated at first before following him. Her heart slightly started to race as she put one step into the compound, then another. She started to walk beside Sasuke as they walked through the compound. Old houses and buildings stood with old dust and cobwebs on the corner of the roofs.

Sasuke jerked to a stop in front of a large building. The building had windows that led up to a big sign of a shuriken with the Uchiha sign in the center of it. It was a tall building, pretty big one. Sakura looked up at the shuriken before looking at Sasuke.

"Sasuke..."

Sasuke's bangs covered the side of his face as he silently looked up at the building. Then he began to softly speak.

"This used to be building for the police force.."

He said, causing Sakura's eyes to soften. Sasuke then hesitated at first before turning and walking down the path a little more.

Sakura met more buildings and houses that looked very old and dusty. They then both stopped at a particular house that didn't look very old in contrast to the other houses.

It actually looked slightly clean. Yes, there was a little dust here and there but it seemed like the house has been cleaned a couple of months back. Like someone came here and touched up all the dust and cobwebs that used to be there.

Sakura could see Sasuke lower his head slightly before opening the door to the house. The house had a step for you to sit on and take off your shoes before going in. And there was a door right beside stairs that led all the way up to the second floor.

When Sakura quickly glanced at the door, she saw a kitchen inside, perhaps a dining table as well. Sasuke took off his shoes when he stepped inside, then glanced at Sakura, waiting for her to do the same. The floor seemed clean, no dust or anything. I mean, it's still a house so Sakura couldn't see why not to take off her shoes.

So she did pretty quickly and stepped beside Sasuke, only to see him vanish through the door. Sakura followed him almost immediately and they were both met by a kitchen and table, a door that led to the backyard too.

Sakura looked at Sasuke again to see how he was, how he was feeling, if he was showing it at all. And it seemed to Sakura that he wasn't hiding anything. She couldn't see his eyes but the way Sasuke thinned his lips into a straight line, gave her enough picture that he was slightly struggling going back here again.

"I remember all the dinners I had with my family here. It was cheerful. For me at least."
Sasuke said quietly.

Sakura leaned forward slightly to take a glance at his full face. When she saw his eyes, she saw that they were soft, and lowered. Sakura was about to speak before she was interrupted by the sight of Sasuke leaving the kitchen immediately and going in the backyard.

Sakura catched up to him and saw him walk down a path beside the house, a tiny pathway of water was passing beautifully along the side of the old building. But Sakura immediately stopped thinking about the path of water when Sasuke froze in front of two doors.

His breath got hitched into his throat, according to Sakuras hearing, and he took a hesitant step forward, according to Sakuras vision.

He softly brushed his fingers along the surface of the door, before touching its handle with the tip of his finger. Sakura was kind of confused. Why was he so....scared? Or hesitant, at least.

"Sasuke...what is it?"
She asked, solemnly curious for the black haired Uchiha. Sasuke's body slightly jerked back before his bangs falled naturally onto the sides of his head.

"That night...I walked in and saw my parents in this room, lying dead..on the floor."
Sasuke's voice was low but shaky.

Sakuras eyes widen and she looked back at the doors, imagining the horrible view that Sasuke had to suffer that night. Sakura softly brushed her fingers inside of Sasuke's palm, urging for him to relax his hand so she can slip her hand in his.

But Sasuke just pulled back and walked away, going down the path along the house.

"Sasuke?"
She said, following him.

They both walked on a dock and stopped there. Sasuke didn't lift his gaze from the water that swayed under him, under the dock he had such memories with.

"I learned my fireball jutsu here. I failed at first and my father was disappointed. So I kept trying. I tried and tried till the corners of my lips hurt, hurt enough that my mother...had to put small bandages on my face, to heal the burnt streaks.."

Sakura listened intently on his words, looking at him the entire time.

"I finally completed the jutsu and I showed my father. He was silent at first. It made me sad. Until he showed me his approval. I was so happy. I was so..proud."

Sasuke said, a tear falling down his cheek. Sakuras eyes lowered and softened, looking at the water.

"Sasuke-Kun...Why did you bring me here?"

Sasuke was silent before he answered, but he took a breath before starting to speak.

"Because this is a huge part of my past and personal life...And I want you to know it, to see it. Because it's something that's a big part of me. And I guess...I just want you to know it because... you are also important to me, Sakura."

Sakuras eyes widened to his confession, and she took a step closer to him as he spoke.

"I want you to know this because you're a big part of me as well. And I want you to know more about me than you ever did...And this is one of the steps. I also brung you here to show you just how much I want you in my life..."

Sasuke finally lifted his gaze at her, his obsidian eyes deep and searching for understanding.

"I'm sorry, Sakura.."

Sakuras heart raced faster than ever, she has never expected in her entire life that Sasuke would confess such a deep truth about him. Her heart leapt with joy as she smiled, putting a hand on his shoulder as she swiped Sasuke's tear from his cheek, with the side of her finger.

"Sasuke-Kun...I have already forgiven you a long time ago.."

She said, smiling at him. Sasuke smiled back, giving her a full on, warm smile to her as he accepted her touch.

A slight blush appeared on Sakuras face as she stood on her tip toes to reach high enough to plant a kiss onto his cheek.

The soft lips that brushed against Sasuke's skin made his heart skip a beat, his cheeks filling up with a red color as he blushed hard, feeling her body heat against his body as she let herself press against him.

Sasuke's body's tensed but then relaxed almost after. Sakura smiled at him and then stretched out her arms to give him a big, warm hug. Sasuke slouched down only slightly to hug her back, accepting the warm embrace that Sakura has given him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 515 30
The bond between Sasuke, Naruto, and I (Hinata) is extraordinary. It's a relationship that we can't openly talk about with others. We are essentially...
136K 2.5K 29
What if Naruto turns into a girl on a mission with Sasuke and the change is permanent? Will Sasuke still choose Sakura or will he fall in love with h...
894K 19.7K 127
"Day and night you're all I think about! I don't know why but I feel so protective of you, I feel happy and giddy and comfortable around you like I c...
67K 1.6K 25
COMPLETED Naruto and sasuke basically don't like each other. But when their new assignment makes them travel further than ever before, gay panic hun...