๐’๐€๐‹๐•๐€๐“๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐’๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„...

By thatweirdokhai

โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐’๐€๐‹๐•๐€๐“๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐’๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„๐‘ ใ€Ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ž ใ€ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰, over a hundred years after the d... More

เชœโ€โžด ๐’๐€๐‹๐•๐€๐“๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐’๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„๐‘โ‚Š โŠน
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†
00: ๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’š ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’๐’”
01: ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐๐›๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ
02: ๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’Ž๐’š๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’„ ๐’‰๐’†๐’๐’
03: ๐’‰๐’Š๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’š ๐’“๐’†๐’‘๐’†๐’‚๐’•๐’” ๐’Š๐’•๐’”๐’†๐’๐’‡
04: ๐’”๐’„๐’๐’๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’…๐’๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ
05: ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’” ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’…
06: ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’•๐’‚๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’„๐’‚๐’“
07: ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’Ž๐’† (๐’ƒ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’†๐’”๐’”)
08: ๐’๐’๐’•๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’๐’–๐’” ๐’”๐’‚๐’๐’—๐’‚๐’•๐’๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’”
09: ๐’•๐’ ๐’„๐’“๐’š ๐’๐’“ ๐’•๐’ ๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’
10: ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’‚๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’“'๐’” ๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’Ž๐’Š๐’”๐’†
11: ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’๐’†๐’”๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’•
12: ๐’†๐’•๐’†๐’“๐’๐’‚๐’ ๐’‡๐’๐’‚๐’Ž๐’†๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’
13: ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’„๐’‚๐’•๐’” ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ˆ
14: ๐’‚ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’Ž๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’„๐’‚๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’Ž๐’๐’–๐’”๐’†
14.2: ๐’˜๐’“๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’†, ๐’˜๐’“๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†
15: ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’๐’'๐’” ๐’”๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’‚๐’๐’•๐’”
15.2: ๐’‚ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’Ž๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’„๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’‚๐’…๐’†๐’”
16: ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’Ž๐’†๐’“๐’ˆ๐’†
17: ๐ฆ๐š๐ฌ๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ซ๐๐ž๐ซ
18: ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’†๐’ˆ๐’†๐’๐’… ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’๐’๐’š
19: ๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’–๐’“๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’˜๐’๐’Ž๐’‚๐’ ๐’”๐’„๐’๐’“๐’๐’†๐’…
20: ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’—๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’ ๐’„๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐’˜๐’๐’๐’‡
21: ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’” ๐’๐’‡ ๐’๐’๐’…
22: ๐’…๐’‚๐’๐’„๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’…๐’†๐’„๐’‚๐’…๐’†๐’”
23: ๐’”๐’‚๐’„๐’“๐’Š๐’‡๐’Š๐’„๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’š ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’–๐’๐’ ๐’Ž๐’๐’๐’
24: ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’†๐’‚๐’ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’…๐’†๐’—๐’Š๐’
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
25: ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐๐ž๐ง
26: ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ž๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐œ๐ค๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž
27: ๐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง
28: ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ
29: ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ซ
31: ๐๐š๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐š๐ฅ
32: ๐๐ž๐œ๐š๐๐ž ๐๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“
33: ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž
34: ๐œ๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง
35: ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฌ๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ž
๐ฌ๐ง๐ž๐š๐ค ๐ฉ๐ž๐ž๐ค - ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฆ๐ข๐ค๐š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง
SEQUEL OUT NOW

30: ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ

891 32 4
By thatweirdokhai

┏━━━ ————————━━━┓

𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐂𝐡. 30
"I'm on my own side.
as a Mikaelson and a Salvatore."

┗━━━————————━━━┛

— "IT WAS THEIR MOTHER, Esther who was sealed in the coffin." Elena told the Salvatore siblings as they all stood around her kitchen.

"As in the original witch?" Stefan asked.

"No, as in the original wackadoodle." Skyler rolled her eyes as she sat comfortably on top of the counter.

"How is she even alive?" Damon questioned, "Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community." Elena explained, "Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan pointed out with a frown.

"Well not anymore..." she responded, "at least not according to Elijah."

Skyler hopped off the counter and pointed an accusing finger at both brothers, "This is why I said don't trust the Mikaelsons. Did you listen? Nooo."

"Okay, you never said those exact words." He pointed out defensively, she glared at him.

"Okay enough." Stefan told his siblings, "That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us apart."

Damon looked around, "Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Skyler raised a hand. What? She had to play her part and acting like she hated the Mikaelsons was far too easy when it didn't include her husband.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena told them in what Skyler guessed was supposed to be a reassuring tone but a glance at her brothers told her they didn't really feel reassured. The doorbell rang as if on cue as the doppelgänger said, "I believe him."

She turned around, going to the door. She picked something up before she turned around to find the Salvatore siblings behind her, watching curiously. "What is it?" Skyler asked knowingly. She had received her invitation to the Mikaelson ball early this morning paired with a dress hand-picked by Kol (with help from Rebekah, she was sure.)

Elena opened the envelope, removing a card, "It's an invitation," she told them, reading aloud, "Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails, and celebration."

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan questioned confused.

Elena turned to them with wide eyes, "The Original Family."

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon asked.

She turned the card over, seeing something else written in the blank space, "Wait, there's a note on the back." She told them, and read the note aloud, "Elena, I think it's time that we finally met, Esther."

ೃ⁀➷

"IF Esther wants to talk to me, maybe I should find out why." Elena told the brothers.

"Well, that's a dumb idea." Skyler scoffed, Damon agreed, "Yeah, she already tried to kill you once."

"No, Elena is right. Bonnie was led to open that coffin for a reason." Stefan said, disagreeing with his siblings like always. "I think there is more to this than just some family reunion."

He rolled his eyes, "Can we go back in time where the old Stefan cared if Elena lived or died?"

"What for? It's your job now." He responded, his eyes narrowed.

"Okay and on that lovely note," Skyler started as she hopped off the counter, grabbing her small black purse from the island, "I have a ball to get ready for."

Damon gave a halfhearted smile and wave as the others watched her walk out. "Stefan has a point." Elena was saying as Skyler left, "I should find out what she wants."

The front door closed behind Skyler, leaving whatever happened next in the Gilbert home a mystery.

ೃ⁀➷

"REBEKAH?" Kol called out, "Tell me how handsome I am." He looked in the mirror while a tailor adjusted his suit, a black evening suit.

Rebekah was having her nails polished, preparing for the ball, while Finn and Elijah are also in the room nearby doing the same. "Ah, Kol you know I'm not Skyler." She responded, not looking up from her nails.

Finn grinned just as the door opened and Skyler walked in, "Did someone summon me?" She grinned, walking over to Kol. He bent down for her as she pressed a kiss to his cheek before she sat down beside Rebekah.

"Ah yes, I 'm afraid your husband's ego is getting too big for his head." She told Skyler who only grinned in response.

The door opened again, this time Klaus came in, walking right up to Rebekah with an angry expression, "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!"

"Nik..." Skyler called in a calm warning to tell him to calm down. He ignored her.

"Here we go." Rebekah said, rolling her eyes. "Do you want another dagger in your heart?" He fumed.

Kol groaned, "Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?"

"Oh go back to staring at yourself." He snapped.

"And who are you, my father?" Kol questioned, narrowing his eyes at his brother in the mirror.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house." He responded with a glare.

He spun around with a dangerous smirk, "Then perhaps we should go outside."

Rebekah and Skyler glanced at each other in exasperation as the boys began to have a staring competition, sizing each other up for a fight, "Enough!" Esther shouted as she entered the room, her eyes narrowed in a way only a mother could. Then her eyes found Skyler and softened, "Ah Skyler, good. I wanted to discuss something with you."

Kol's eyes narrowed, and found his mother as he looked away from his brother, "What is that exactly mother?" He asked, stepping in front of his wife.

"It's time your dear wife stops hiding who she is," she looked past Kol to Skyler with a smile that dripped with invisible poison, kind and cruel, "Tonight at the ball all will be revealed. Make sure to be dressed in your best." Skyler, not knowing what to say or do, simply nodded. "Niklaus, come." She commanded before she walked out. Klaus followed her to another room without a word.

After a moment, Kol relaxed and looked at his wife with a smirk, he reached for her hand and asked, "Does this mean I finally get that dance?"

ೃ⁀➷

"HELLO, Carol." Damon greeted when he and Skyler, who was on his arm, walked into Klaus's mansion. It was evening now and cars were pulling up in the driveway out front while people talked conversationally inside.

He handed Carol a glass of champagne he had just taken from Skyler with the reminder that she was underage, or she was supposed to be anyway. "Hello." She smiled politely as they clinked glasses together, "Beautiful dress, Skyler." She commented after taking notice of Skyler's elegant dark green silk dress that flowed down to her feet, almost hitting the floor but not quite, it hid her sparkling silver shoes she wore to match unless she moved just so.

The dress was paired with simple gold earrings and a ring the people of Mystic Falls hadn't seen before, if they only looked closer they'd realize it was on her ring finger while the usual Salvatore ring all the Salvatores were seen sporting every day was missing. "Thank you." She smiled.

"Hanging out with your new besties?" Damon asked teasingly.

"I'm the mayor, Damon. When the oldest, deadliest, family of vampires move into your town, you welcome them with a smile." She told him, her eyes narrowed.

"Hmm well, at least you know who you're borrowing that cup of sugar from." He responded.

Carol sighed in exasperation, "I'm trying to protect this town. They've assured me they want peace and I've assured them that I'd enforce it." Just then, Kol approached, dressed in his elegant — though simple compared to other outfits Skyler had seen him wear — black suit that fit him perfectly thanks to the compelled tailor.

He smirked at the Salvatores, sending a wink to Skyler as he kissed Carol's hand. "Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met." He greeted her with a polite smile, "Kol Mikaelson. I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it."

Damon held out his hand to shake Kol's, "Damon Salvatore and my sister, Skyler. Have we met?"

He doesn't shake his hand and eyed Skyler instead in what Damon would assume was lust but was in fact love, "I've met a lot of people. You don't particularly stand out and your sister... I'd never forget a face like that if I had." Damon scoffed as the Mikaelson walked away without another word.

Before Damon could dwell too much on the moment, Elena walked in wearing a rather exquisite ball gown, Skyler was almost impressed. "Excuse me, Carol." Damon said, walking away without his sister.

Skyler chose to stay behind and watch the scene play out as both brothers walked up to Elena. "What are you doing here?" She asked Stefan, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"I could ask you the same thing." He responded, averting the question.

"Surprise surprise. Nice tux." Damon commented, his eyes narrowed at the doppelgänger, "You're not supposed to be here."

"Well, I am." She responded sternly, "And I'm not leaving until I find out what Esther wants." She forced a tense smile, "So shall we?"

Behind them, Skyler slipped away into the shadows before anyone could catch her watching.

ೃ⁀➷

"IF everyone could gather, please." Elijah called from the stairs.

Skyler glanced up from her drink and made her way over to the stairs along with the crowd however while the crowd stopped to hear what Elijah had to say, she joined them on the stairs and stood beside Kol, her head held high while a smirk played on her face. "Welcome, thank you for joining us." He announced as the entirety of the Mikaelson family stood on the staircase. Esther walked down the stairs just as he began to speak, "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance."

Damon and Stefan, previously too enraptured by Elena, seem to only just notice their sister standing on the stairs alongside the Mikaelsons. "Is that....?" Stefan asked, staring at his twin in surprise and confusion.

"What is she doing up there with them?" Damon questioned, he stared at his sister with rage in his eyes as he could only hope she would catch his eye and see it in them.

She did catch his eye if only for a moment however she only winked with a smile before she looked away as Elijah continued, "Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner in the ballroom." He announced to the room.

Esther retreated back up the stairs without a word while the rest of the Mikaelsons made their way down the stairs and to the ballroom. When Kol and Skyler reached the bottom of the stairs, he paused and outstretched his hand to her, "May I have this dance?"

His eyes sparkled brightly in a way Skyler hadn't seen in far too long as a fond smile graced her lips, "Why of course, mi amor." She responded and took his hand without hesitance.

ೃ⁀➷

"WHERE'S your date?" Kol asked Rebekah in the foyer with Skyler at his side, their hands intertwined and proudly showcasing their rings.

"Flirting with his ex." She responded sharply.

"You've changed, Bekah." He commented, "You know settling for mortals is the first sign of weakness."

"I'm not settling. I brought him here to kill him." She corrected sternly, "He's Elena's friend. If he dies, she suffers. But I've already been scolded once so I was hoping you'd help your baby sister out if you're not too busy locking lips with your wife."

"And spit right in the face of mother's rules?" He grinned mischievously, "I'm in." He then looked to his darling wife who he always shared his plans with, "What do you say gem?"

"Get me a drink and we'll see." She told him, he grinned in response.

ೃ⁀➷

"I'M itching to kill something." Kol spoke as he walked with his sister and his wife. "What are we waiting for?"

"The mayor cornered me. Give me fifteen minutes to lure Matt outside." Rebekah told him.

"Outside? What's wrong with right here on the stairs? Make a spectacle of it." He responded. "And you'd be the star of the show." Skyler grinned, an evil gleam in her eyes.

"You sound like an idiot, Kol. And you..." she shook her head at Skyler, "I thought you were better." She teased before she became more serious, "Mother would kill you both if you ruined her party. See you outside."

ೃ⁀➷

"GOOD evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass." Esther called as she stood on the staircase with a champagne in hand. Skyler stood in the crowd beside Kol, each holding a glass of champagne. They watched as his mother addressed the crowd, "It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back along with a new addition to the family," She smiled at Skyler before she continued, "together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone responded, raising their glasses in the air before drinking from them.

Skyler and Kol clinked their glasses together as they smiled at each other lovingly. "Cheers gem." He said, sipping his champagne, she did the same with a smile on both their faces.

They had no clue they'd just sealed their fate.

ೃ⁀➷

"WHERE is she?" Kol questioned as he walked inside with Skyler after they had waited outside for his sister for over ten minutes. He was many things, patient was not one of them.

She scanned the area and she nudged her husband, nodding to the stairs where his sister hid. He approached her alongside his wife, "There you are, we were waiting outside for you." He told her, "Where's Matt?"

"About that I, uh... I changed my mind." Rebekah told him nervously, she knew how her brothers were when it came to her love life, "I don't want to ruin mother's night."

"Don't tell me you like this boy." He grinned mockingly, "What did he do? He gave you five seconds of his attention?"

"Kol..." Skyler called in warning. He sighed, shaking his head, "Don't be predictable, Rebekah."

"You don't have to be rude about it." She glared, "Just leave him be, okay?"

Skyler nodded without hesitation. She loved chaos as much as her husband, however, no matter the reason, Rebekah was clearly attached to this one. "Of course, I'll keep him on a leash." Rebekah only nodded, walking away swiftly.

"As you wish, sister." He called to her back as she kept walking. Skyler elbowed him harshly, "Ow," He looked at her in fake offense, "What was that for?"

"You need to be nicer to her." She scolded, "I know you mean well but your mocking doesn't always help, Kol."

"Whatever you say, gem." He responded easily. He bent down to press a kiss to her lips.

She smiled, kissing back before she pulled away and whispered quietly, her hand on his chest, "I'm going to get a drink."

"Should I be worried you're developing a drinking problem being in this town, darling?" He asked teasingly. She shoved him away with a small laugh and headed for the drinks. He noted an intervention may be needed in the future.

ೃ⁀➷

SKYLER was getting a new drink for herself when she heard a commotion with her husband and brother at the center of it.

She set her drink down, swiftly finding her way to the commotion she heard to find Kol standing above Matt as Damon stood behind him on the balcony, "Easy on the hand. Guy's a quarterback." He called to Kol as she approached. Suddenly, Damon rushed at him, pushing him off the balcony before he jumped after him.

Skyler let out a gasp of surprise but didn't let it stop her from jumping into motion. She ran after them and jumped off the balcony, getting in front of Damon just as he was about to snap Kol's neck. She threw her brother off of him and stood in front of Kol protectively as he stood with a smirk on his face. "Are you crazy? What do you think you're doing?!" She questioned, anger dripping off every word like never before.

"What do you think you're doing?" Damon questioned incredulously in response, "He's an original!"

"No, Damon, he's my husband." She snapped coldly. Wordlessly; Kol intertwined their right hands. Finally, her brother seemed to take notice of the matching rings the pair wore.

Behind Damon, the rest of the Mikaelsons, Elena, and Stefan come out to see what happened. "Damon! Are you crazy?" Stefan called.

"Not as crazy as our sister." He scoffed and gestured to her as he continued, "She thinks she's married to a Mikaelson! She's the one you should be worried about."

Stefan glanced at Skyler, noticing her interlocked hands with Kol. He furrowed his brows in confusion while the Mikaelsons silently gathered around the pair, ready to jump into action if need be.

Skyler shook her head, "I'm not crazy, Damon. On the contrary, I think I'm finally sane." She told him firmly and stepped forward, still blocking Kol, "I'm a Mikaelson whether you like it or not, I've been one far longer than you know. And that will never change." And, with the whole Mikaelson family backing her up, that was kind of hard to deny even with how crazy it seemed.

"Fine." He replied, looking at her incredulously before his eyes found Elena, "Far be it for me to cause a problem." He turned his back and walked away without another word. Skyler's eyes softened, some of her tension fell as she turned back to Kol once she was certain Stefan and Elena wouldn't do anything.

He smiled at her, taking her other hand into his as he pulled her close, "So a Mikaelson, huh?"

"Mhm." She hummed, looking into his eyes fondly, "Always and forever."

ೃ⁀➷

"YOU." Damon called as Skyler closed the door behind her.

She turned around anxiously. She didn't show it, her head held high, "Me." She responded with a smirk.

"You married a Mikaelson." Stefan stated, looking at his sister in disbelief, "Why? When?"

"1922," She admitted causing both her brothers' eyes to widen, "I met him in 1914, fifty years after we were turned. I was... I was a ripper at the time, he thought it'd be a fun time to follow me around, kill some people and then leave once he got bored but..."

"But what?" He questioned, "What made him stay? W-What made you love a Mikaelson?"

"In 1917, I turned my switch back on after seeing you," She looked at Stefan as his eyes widened, "Kol had disappeared for a few days, and when he came back to me with my emotions back... We found out that we have a bond. A soulmate bond."

"Soulmates?" Damon repeated in disbelief, "You believe in that crap?"

"Anytime we get hurt or feel something intensely, we both feel it. If he dies, so do I." She told him sternly, she lifted her chin up as she continued, "So yeah, Damon, I believe in that 'crap.'"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Stefan asked, his brows furrowed and his voice seeping with betrayal. And here Skyler thought he didn't care about anything anymore.

"What would have you done?" She responded. She shook her head when they didn't respond, didn't know, "You would've thought I was the enemy or some sort of weapon against them the second Klaus threatened poor Elena." She mocked, and shook her head once more, "I didn't want to be pinned against my family, my husband just because you two are too obsessed with Elena to see anything else."

"We wouldn't have used you..." Damon said trailing off before he even finished speaking because he knew they would have if it was necessary. For Elena, they would have. "We would have protected you."

"And killed them." Skyler responded knowingly, "You would have used me to kill them, but what you don't get is if Kol dies so do I. And I don't mean metaphorically, the second he dies, I do too." Her eyes narrowed further, her frown deepened, "So no, I didn't tell you about me knowing them. I didn't even tell you I was married because I couldn't." She shook her head, "Not while Elena's around."

She looked at them knowingly, tired and solemn, resigned to her fate, "It's always gonna be her over everyone else, just like Katherine."

While her brothers were stunned into silence, she walked past them, climbed the stairs and went to her room so she could grab her things because she knew they wouldn't be okay for a long time, if ever.

ೃ⁀➷

"THEY won't listen to me you know." Skyler told Elijah as they exited the Mikaelson home.

"You are their sister, they'll listen to you more than me." He responded.

She shook her head, "No. Not right now, not after..."

He raised a brow, "After they found out you're a  Mikaelson?" He continued, "Do not be ashamed and do not doubt how much they care for you. They are your brothers, no matter what your last name may be." Skyler sighed, not quite believing him however she couldn't find it in herself to argue anymore.

She followed him which is how she ended up back at the Salvatore boarding house in the living room, sitting by the fireplace with Elijah as he talked to Damon. Abruptly, Stefan came in, "I couldn't find her anywhere." He said clearly not expecting to find Elijah and Skyler here, he paused as his eyes caught sight of them.

"Hello, Stefan." Elijah greeted, she stole a glance at her brother but didn't say anything.

Damon looked over at his brother, "He has Elena."

"Actually, she's with Rebekah." He corrected, "As you can imagine, my sister is just dying to tear her throat out. So... if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help us stop my mother."

"Us?" Stefan asked, glancing at his twin, "So she's on your side now?"

She shook her head and stood, "I'm on my own side, Stefan. As a Mikaelson, and a Salvatore." She smiled half-heartedly as Stefan openly stared at her, "I will stand by my husband's side, by my family's side, and I will protect you as much as I can but I will not protect her."

Both Salvatore brothers stood unsure of what to say, finally, Damon cleared his throat and cut through the silence, "Well, I'm a little embarrassed to admit but when it comes to killing thousand-year-old resurrected witches, I'm a little rusty." He commented sarcastically, bringing the conversation back to Esther.

"Yes, unfortunately, even when killed my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead." Elijah told them, "Not with the spirits of nature at her side."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Stefan questioned, glancing at Skyler uncertainly.

"The witches that released my mother, she's drawing her power from their bloodline, that line needs to be broken." He explained.

"Broken?" Stefan asked, "Yeah, he means." Damon said, slicing his forefinger across his neck while he released exaggerated sounds.

"You want us to kill them." Stefan realized looking at Elijah.

"You know I'd do it myself,  but I have absolutely no idea where they are." He responded with pursed lips, "Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent. They won't expect to be harmed by the likes of you." He paused for a moment before he added, "In any case, you have until six minutes after nine to find them."

"Oh how super-specific of you." Damon responded sarcastically.

Elijah's eyes narrowed sternly, "By 9:07, the moon will be full, my mother will have the power she needs to kill me and my family, including your sister." He glanced at Skyler whose jaw clenched, "If you do not stop her before then, Rebekah will kill Elena." He looked back at them, "So we all have our timeline? I suggest you get started."

ೃ⁀➷

THE bell above the Mystic Grill door chimed as Skyler Mikaelson walked in, her eyes scanned the room as she paused at the door. Alaric was on the phone near the pool table, listening in she could hear her brother's voice on the other end, "Yeah, no, they're still here and Skyler just walked in." Alaric's eyes glanced at the door before they settled on the bar where Klaus and Kol are drinking, "Yeah, they've drank their way through half the grill's liquor supply." Skyler drowned Alaric out, she did not want to know what her brother had planned.

She walked up to the bar and sat down next to Kol. He smiled at her, pulling her closer, "Well hello there gem." He leaned over, pressing a quick peck to her plump lips, "Has my brother released you from his schemes now?" He teased.

"Thankfully." She pursed her lips as she looked forward, "I need a drink."

"Coming right up." He said with a smile, motioning the bartender over, he ordered favorite. Behind them, the door opened once more, this time Caroline walked in, he glanced back, "I remember her from last night. She's a pretty little thing." Kol commented, pointing to the blonde, "Just your type, brother."

"Say another word and I'll tear out your liver." Klaus threatened, Skyler stifled her laughter as she took a sip of her drink, "Caroline!" He called, waving her over.

She does not look happy to see him, "Oh it's you." She said in lieu of a greeting, she sounded disappointed.

Klaus wasn't phased and pushed on, "Join us for a drink?" He was used to rejection, Skyler mused and took a sip of her drink as she met Caroline's eyes.

"Mmm, I'd rather die of thirst. But thanks." She responded and promptly walked away.

"Isn't she stunning?" He asked with a devious smirk.

"She certainly looks good walking away from you." Kol deadpanned, Skyler to let out a laugh as she set her drink down.

He glared at them both halfheartedly, "I'll take that as a challenge."

He set his drink down and stood, she let out a groan, "Oh that poor girl." She joked as he walked after Caroline.

"Looks like she can handle her own." Kol commented, the pair watched the scene play out, their hands intertwined on her lap.

"Looks like Klaus is up for a challenge if he wants to win her affection." She responded.

He hummed, looking at his wife, "So how are your brothers?" Skyler let out a loud groan and grabbed her drink, downing the rest of it before she immediately motioned for another from the bartender. He chuckled lightly, "That bad?"

She narrowed her eyes and responded, "Worse."

ೃ⁀➷

A few moments later, Kol and Skyler were chatting softly while they waited for Klaus to come back inside when Kol's eyes widened suddenly and his hand flew to his chest, right over his heart. "Skyler." He called shocking her as he didn't usually call her by her name, mainly using pet names, "Skyler, what's happening?"

She shook her head, her brows furrowed in worry, "I don't-" Her eyes scanned the crowd and she found Bonnie standing nearby, staring at Kol. Her eyes narrowed, she moved to stand when she let out a gasp as a wave of overwhelming pain hit her, her hand flew to her heart, copying Kol's previous motions as she gasped again. It felt like she was being stabbed. She looked at him in fear, "Kol..."

"Come with me." He told her, he grabbed her hand and quickly moved away from the crowd however they didn't get far before he was knocked down by a stake, the couple's hands forced apart as Alaric stalked over to them. Skyler's skin began to gray as she reached her hand out for Kol, he stretched his as far as it would go before his eyes fell closed just a second before hers did.

The last thing she saw was her husband lying on the ground beside her skin grayed and body breathless as Alaric stood over them.

ೃ⁀➷

"MY sons, come forward." Esther called with a deceiving smile as Elijah, Klaus, and Kol with Skyler approached.

"Stay beside me mother." Finn told his mother as she walked into the pentagram.

"It's okay. They can't enter." She responded reassuringly.

As if challenging this, Kol approached the pentagram which caused the torches surrounding it to flare up bright as he's driven back, "That's lovely. We're stuck out here while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb." He shook his head, glaring at Finn, "How pathetic you are Finn."

"Be quiet, Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine." Esther scolded.

"Well, she's not getting mother of the year award." Skyler commented sarcastically as she joined her husband's side.

"Whatever you think of, killing your own children will be an atrocity." Elijah told his mother, trying to reason with an insane woman. Skyler scoffed.

"She's not gonna listen." She muttered and shook her head, "She's clearly already lost her marbles."

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago." Esther told him.

"Oh look at that." She spoke sarcastically.

"Keep your wife on a leash, Kol." Finn snapped and took a step forward threateningly.

Kol shot his eldest brother a death glare as he took a step forward, getting in front of his wife, he blocked her from his view, "Keep your mouth shut about my wife."

"Enough." Klaus called, his eyes narrowed, "All this talk is boring me. End this now, mother, or I'll send you back to hell."

"For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you. Felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood." Esther began, her eyes flicking between her children, "Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better. All of you. You're a curse on this Earth. Stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time."

"You know here's an idea." Skyler started, stepping forward so she was stood beside her husband once more, "If you turned your children into 'monsters' maybe you're to blame for what they've done. Genius, I know. "

Esther scowled however before she could respond, she seemed to sense something. Her eyes widened and she called out, "No sisters! Do not abandon me!"

"Mother!" Finn called as the torches flared up, he grabbed hold of his mother as Kol grabbed hold of Skyler and pulled her back, hiding from the flames alongside his brothers.

After a moment, the torches died out and they are all left standing around in shock. Finn and Esther are gone without a trace. It seemed as though they had disappeared out of thin air.

ೃ⁀➷

"KOL, Kol," Skyler called out lightly as her husband paced around their bedroom, "Kol," She called once more and grabbed his hand. He finally stopped and turned to look at her, "it's over, okay? It's over. We're okay."

"She almost killed us, almost killed you." He responded, staring into her eyes.

"She didn't." She reassured softly.

"But she almost did." He replied sternly, his eyes filled with tears "I was naive to think my mother actually cared, actually wanted us to be a family."

"You aren't naive, Kol. She's your mother, you wanted to believe her — of course you did." She told him softly, "I would have too if it was my mother."

He shook his head, his tears brimmed in his eyes, "I- we need to go." He reached for her other hand, holding both he looked at her.

"Go?" She asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Get away for a while." He shook his head again, "I can't... I can't be here right now, gem."

She nodded softly, "Okay, mi amor." She agreed softly, "Where should we go?"

He sighed in relief, "Anywhere. Anywhere but here."

ೃ⁀➷
𝟓,𝟒𝟎𝟎 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

notes !

— I know Bonnie was probably somewhere else during the Mystic Grill seen however for the sake of not having Kol flirt with another woman while married, we'll say she briefly went to the Grill to help Alaric knock Kol out.
— five (5) more chapters left, let's goooo!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 2.9K 40
First book. Vanessa Salvatore, 164 year old vampire. Twin sister of Stefan and younger sister of Damon. Through the first 64 years of her vampire l...
167K 3K 19
Kol Mikaelson, an original vampire, has been daggered, and has remained that way for centuries. His brother Klaus Mikaelson, is an original vampire-h...
389K 7.7K 70
NEW VERSION OUT ON (thatweirdokhai) - ๐™Š๐™‘๐™€๐™ ๐˜ผ ๐™ƒ๐™๐™‰๐˜ฟ๐™๐™€๐˜ฟ ๐™”๐™€๐˜ผ๐™๐™Ž ๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ, ๐™Ž๐™†๐™”๐™‡๐™€๐™ ๐™Ž๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™‘๐˜ผ๐™๐™Š๐™๐™€ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๏ฟฝ...
60.8K 872 11
Klaus has been married even before he was turned she is also her mother was a witch and her father was a wolf so when they were turned by his mother...