Divine Retribution | Luke Cas...

By ace_asterisk

Rin Nakamura is more like her mother than she thinks. She enjoys tearing down the proud and powerful, and the... More

Prologue
Act I
1. The Olive Theory
2. Holy Mother God, You Made a Mistake: Me
3. T is for Trauma
4. You, Sir, Do Not Bring Me Joy
5. Love is Blind, but the Spectators Ain't
6. Public Transport from the Circles of Hell
7. We Survive the First Murder Attempt
8. The Infinite Present

Introduction

971 42 49
By ace_asterisk

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Synopsis

A monster is not such a terrible thing to be. From the Latin root monstrum, a divine messenger of catastrophe, then adapted by Old French to mean an animal of myriad origins: centaur, gryphon, satyr. 

To be a monster is to be a hybrid signal, a lighthouse: both shelter and warning at once.

To be a demigod is not much different. 

Rin Nakamura is more like her mother than she thinks. She enjoys tearing down the proud and powerful, and there is no one who deserves tearing down like the very goddess she descended from. They say that the children of Nemesis, even when unclaimed, are deadly when they have a grudge to settle, and no one has a greater grudge against the gods than Rin herself. When the primordial god of time extends an invitation, offering Rin the power to confront the Olympians in a war that transcends the mortal realm, she seizes the chance to finally balance the scales.

Luke Castellan is a charming visionary with something to prove. Disillusioned by the gods, whom he perceives as indifferent and ungrateful towards their demigod children, his driving force is a desire to overthrow them and create a world where demigods are free from the shackles of divine manipulation.

Ethan Nakamura is a boy who cannot stop wanting, even when the price is too high. He wants his mother's approval; he wants recognition for the minor gods; he wants victory for the Titan Army, the members of which have become his family. Most of all, he wants his sister to stop being so angry all the time, but she is all he has left and for her, he is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. 

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
And the grace of gods
is a grace that comes by violence
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Cast

Rin Nakamura

"What else can my hands do with the blood? Pray to gods who will never answer?"

Ethan Nakamura

"I was born thirsting a mouthful of ichor from any god who would oblige. Suffering follows quench."

Luke Castellan

"Take a crowbar and pry out the broken pieces of my father in me."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"To love someone is firstly to confess: I am prepared to be devastated by you."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Playlist

1. R.I.P 2 MY Youth - The Neighbourhood
2. Start a War- Klergy
3. Wires - The Neighbourhood
4. Are We The Waiting? - Green Day
5. This is Gospel - Panic! at the Disco
6. Daddy Issues - The Neighbourhood
7. Pompeii - Bastille
8. Monster - Imagine Dragons
9. Control - Halsey
10. Feel Something - Jaymes Young
11. Immortals - Fall Out Boy
12. Centuries - Fall Out Boy
13. Rescue Me - One Republic

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
I'll follow you and make a Heaven out of Hell.
And I'll die by your hand, which I love so well.
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Warnings: mentions of self-harm, mental health issues, PTSD, violence, gore, death, manipulation, toxic relationships, other pjo-universe stuff I guess. 

Tropes: 
- friends to lovers 
- grumpy x sunshine
- one-bed trope
- everyone knows it but them
- who did this to you
- bandaging each other's injuries
- "I would die for you"
- "you fool" (derogatory) to "you fool" (affectionate)

A/N: hiii, lol Percy Jackson was a huge part of my childhood, so its only fair I do a fic for this universe. As a kid, I was obvi obsessed with Percy himself and the "goos guys" but having grown up I think there's some really cool themes and nuances to explore with the Titan Army kids and their storylines/relationships with each other. I def understand the hating the olympian gods thing, they do kinda suck, and since I've never been an "I can fix him" girlie, Rin falls under the "I'll make him worse" category lol. 

This will follow major canon plot points (books+show+exploration of luke's first quest/titan army shenanigans), but uh you can probably guess the type of ending this will have lol but I do hope you enjoy my take on it. 

As usual, don't be a ghost reader. I live for yalls comments/questions/concerns/reactions, even a keyboard smash is highly appreciated and encouraged. Love yall lots <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 2.6K 30
Percy is betrayed when Nick Waters, a son of Poseidon and Percy's half brother, comes to camp. Loyalties are tested and enemies are made. Sally aband...
101K 4K 53
in which 𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯�...
45.7K 1.3K 19
Heliophile: (n). one attracted or adapted to sunlight Anastasia Griffin is the daughter of Phanes the Primordial of Creation. She's aware that she's...
33.9K 633 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...