Arthur Hood: the Heir of Robi...

By matthewchimneysweeps

The legends of King Arthur and Robin Hood meet in this thrilling adventure. After finding out the secret of w... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Six

4 2 0
By matthewchimneysweeps

'What do we do?' yelled Little Johnny.

'I don't know,' answered Arthur, as he saw all of Robin Wood's children and creatures drawing back around him, the Shadow too strong and endless. Then taking a swipe at an ogre that had stomped onto the train from a tree and gave out the loudest roar, he had an idea. 'We need to come together. To fight shoulder to shoulder. To concentrate our strength. We need to make a last stand.'

'But where?' Merlynna huffed. 'Not on the train. I don't think it will be able to take many more ogres.'

'She's right,' Esme cried.

Indeed she was. The train had started to sway and shift. More weight and it would crash to the forest floor.

'That's why we need another bastion,' puffed Arthur.

'But there's no other place for us to go,' Esme screamed.

'Oh, yes there is,' said Arthur. 'And let's hope it works.'

'What are you talking about?' Little Johnny screeched before running off to save a young girl from the hands of Yeti and coming back.

'Just watch.' Arthur rushed over to the side of the train car, stared down at the lake and saw many of the ground-dwelling creatures backed up against its shore. Then with a deep breath, he spun around and around and tossed Pridwen down.

The shield dazzled and whirred as it fell through the air. And the very moment it splashed into the water, masts soared into the air and puffed out their sails.

'All aboard,' Arthur said, as Little Johnny and Merlynna rushed to his side.

Esme shook away the shock at what she was seeing and pulled out Robin's horn. She gave it a loud blare before yelling, 'EVERYONE RETREAT TO THE SHIP!'

As all the children and the creatures of Robin's Wood did just that, Arthur, Little Johnny and Merlynna did so too. With Esme, the three each grabbed a rope that dangled from above and leapt off the train.

Together, they swung through the trees, through branches, and all the while fighting off monsters that met them on their way.

Arthur sliced and swiped the Sword in the Stone at who-knows-how many monsters before landing on the deck of the ship with a thud and a skid. Then as he watched Nessie help unicorns and gnomes get on board, fairies and Sheriff's Men, who were led by the princess and the Deputy, made their appearance.

'ALL BOWS ON THEM!' bellowed Esme, pointing to the duo, who were now standing on the top most train car.

And as children sent tangled ropes, bees and apples at them, Arthur, Little Johnny, Merlynna, Esme and the other creatures of Robin's Wood dealt with all the other beasts who were scrambling everywhere.

Arthur felt like he was a pirate battling on the open seas as he took out an ogre, a dragon, a werewolf and a minotaur all in a matter of seconds. He heaved and ducked, thrust and clashed.

Wave after wave of monsters came and all kept at bay, but that was until the fairies and the Sheriff's Men descended on them, easily getting past the barrage thrown at them.

With a stomp and whoosh, the Deputy crashed onto the deck and the fairy princess swooped down like a bird of prey.

'GIVE US THE CROWN,' the Deputy growled.

'NOT A CHANCE!' Arthur shouted back.

'SO BE IT!' the fairy princess hissed before sending spell after spell shooting towards him.

Without the shield, Arthur was defenseless, but the fairy's magic was met with another's. The opposing spells clashed with intensity, imploding until there was nothing left.

'YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!' shouted Merlynna.

The fairy princess opened her mouth, stretching it until it was beyond double and exposing her teeth of daggers, and gave out a raging shriek.

'YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T DO THAT!' Melynna continued. 'YOU'LL CATCH SPELLS!'

And with a jab of her finger, the young witch shot over a bubbling spell. It was so fast, the fairy princess had no time to react. The enchantment zipped into her mouth and fizzed and popped until a loud sneeze sent the winged beast zooming off like a burst balloon.

Meanwhile, and as Arthur continued to battle, Little Johnny had met the Deputy.

'Even with your shoes, you have no chance to defeat me,' the Deputy snarled at him.

Sadly, the man was right.

Little Johnny zipped around him, trying desperately to find a way through, to send him over the side of the ship and into the water, but the man's blade was always there to greet his staff.

'This is too easy,' the Deputy laughed.

Little Johnny tried again and again until the man slashed down with a thwack, breaking the staff in two.

'HA! Your weapon is no more.' The Deputy gleamed like his badge. 'You have been defeated.'

Little Johnny dropped his gaze in sadness but quickly realized something, a smile soon growing from ear to ear. 'Well now I have two staffs.'

He also had an idea.

With a wink, Little Johnny took off and began circling the Deputy. Around and around he went, not stopping until the man grew so dizzy that he started to stumble. And as his eyes rolled back into his head, the boy sent him packing over the side of the ship, where Nessie gobbled him up with the biggest of belches.

'It looks like you're the one defeated,' Little Johnny burst out before joining Arthur and Merlynna, who were about ready to engage a stampede of Sheriff's Men bounding from the bow.

Suddenly, the wooden board's below them began to shake. In fact, the whole ship was shaking. The water too. Then with a boom, sending almost all the water out of the lake with a churning surge, the giant serpent that was the leviathan appeared. And it had grown since the last time the children had seen it, easily clearing Nessie's height.

'What in the conjuror's tricks?' swore Merlynna.

'How–how–how did that get in?' stammered Little Johnny.

'It must have smashed through the well,' Arthur yelled.

Though such a deadly danger the giant serpent was, its tail whipping around like some mad enormous worm on a hook, the water creatures did not hesitate to confront the beast. But sadly, its distraction gave way for more and more of the Shadow to get onto the ship.

Soon, everywhere became one enormous skirmish. And all Arthur could see as he slashed and chopped were a jumble of fluttering wings, fur, glinting blades, flashing spells and apples that turned to applesauce.

'I can't keep this up,' Little Johnny wheezed next to Arthur. 'We can't keep this up. More are coming too.'

'But we have to try,' puffed Merlynna.

'Little Johnny's right,' said Arthur. So much for the prophecy, he thought. 'It looks like the battle is lost.'

If that wasn't bad enough, a swath of forest beyond the train in the trees crashed to the ground as if they were made of dust. And in the destruction's wake came Morgana and the Sheriff, who sat in their troll-carried carriage.

'Not them too,' howled Little Johnny as Morgana's unearthly cackle echoed off the sails. 'Now what?'

'I need to do something,' Arthur answered before sending a minotaur into the water.

'But what?' asked Merlynna.

'I need to try to lure as many of the Shadow as I can away. Being that I have the crown–'

'You won't be able to get out of this,' snapped Little Johnny.

'Unless we fly,' came Merlynna. She then took the broomstick from her back and mounted it. 'That's if I can get this thing up.'

'Well I'm coming,' said Little Johnny and climbed on too.

Arthur nodded. 'What other option do we have?' And before he jumped on, he took the crown from his backpack and put it on his head, replacing Robin's cap. He then yelled, 'DO YOU WANT THIS? THEN COME AND GET IT!'

'On the count of three,' shouted Merlynna, 'push up as hard as you can.'

'Got it,' answered Arthur and Little Johnny.

'ONE. . . TWO . . .THREE–'

With an unpleasant lurch, the broomstick swayed and shimmied as if it was a jackhammer. But as the three looked down, they saw the deck start to drop below them.

'You're doing it, Merlynna,' shouted Arthur.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 341 35
"It takes a village to raise a child." And when the village turns its back on said child, the child will raze it. Morgana Pendragon, Camelot's belo...
18.3K 913 19
Prince Merlin au. Very angsty but has a very fluffy ending! disclaimer i do not own any of these characters
21K 713 20
The last Queen of Magic was evil.. hated all of her peers, yelled at everyone who helped her, and even ended up killing her allies. But another Mage...
33.9K 1.2K 40
Merlin waited for almost a thousand years for Arthur. One day, he sees two old faces from the past. But when will Arthur return? Completely compliant...