A missing piece... The other...

By 3HaNaNa3

Salvatore Smith meets a woman with whom he shared few nights after loosing his wife. It was 12 years ago, sh... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - Fumiko Tanaka...
Chapter 2 - Make a choice...
Chapter 3 - I am your father...
Chapter 4 - Strangers...
Chapter 5 - Give me a chance...
Chapter 6 - She was murdered...
Chapter 7 - Time to say Goodbye...
Chapter 8 - Make your choice...
Chapter 9 - One day after another...
Chapter 10 - New School...
Chapter 11 - New friend...
Chapter 12 - Where is Suki???
Chapter 13 - Onii-san...
Chapter 14 - School bully...
Chapter 15 - Otรด-san...
Chapter 17 - A day with you...
Chapter 18 - Paparazzi...
Chapter 19 - Takeshiro Tanaka...
Chapter 20 - Happy birthday Mom...
Chapter 21 - Unexpected visit...
Chapter 22 - Gianni's training...
Chapter 23 - Weird...
Chapter 24 - Fight at school...
Chapter 25 - Valentina...
Chapter 26 - Uncle's attack...
Chapter 27 - Feelings...
Chapter 28 - Long night...
Chapter 29 - Mr Rossi...
Chapter 30 - The package...
Chapter 31 - Back to school...
Chapter 32 - School Festival?

Chapter 16 - Normal days...

2.3K 104 20
By 3HaNaNa3

The next day passed quickly. Suki was taken back home by one of the bodyguard and when she entered the living room, she found books and a note from her father on the table. It was kids' books to learn Italian. She smiled and took the books to her room before texting her father to thank him.

He replied one hour later when his meeting ended and informed her that he would probably come back home too late but will come to say goodnight to her, if possible, when coming back.

Suki had dinner with the three younger brothers before Davide and Enzo left to join Davide's friends and Vito his new girlfriend.

Suki went to rest in her bedroom, and she comfortably installed herself in her bed with one of the book. She felt asleep around 10.00pm with the night-stand light on and the book opened on her.

Salvatore arrived at 10.30pm and found her in the middle of her plushies. He found her very cute and smiled, happy to have her in his life. He took the book and readjusted the blanket.

Salvatore: My dear little girl... have a good night full of beautiful dreams. 

On Saturday morning, Suki was taking her breakfast alone when Gabriel and Dante arrived. They flighted back with the first flight in the morning, but they weren't showing any traces of tiredness.

Gabriel: Good morning, Suki... how was the end of your week at school? (He served himself a cup of coffee and sat.)

Dante: (He took a glass of fresh juice.) No asses to beat up?

Gabriel glared at Dante for his choice of words, but the young man shrugged with a smirk. Suki was surprised by his interest on her.

Suki: Good morning to you too. It was normal. Did you just come back from your business trip?

Gabriel: Yes. There is an event tonight for Gianni's new business opening and our family has to be present.

Suki: For his fighting club?

Gabriel: Exactly. MMA is a very popular sports lately, so a lot of people had interest in it. It's a good opportunity to make new contacts.

Dante: You don't plan to take that kid with us tonight, right? I don't want to have to babysit her all night long!

Gabriel: Dante, please... (He looked at Suki.)... As I said, our family is going to show support to Gianni tonight, but you have no obligation to come. And frankly speaking, I don't think that it is a good place for you to go. Even if MMA is a sport, it is not something a little girl like you should watch.

Suki: I can stay here alone, it's not the first time.

Gabriel: There will be guards to keep you safe and we will be available on the phone if necessary. I can ask Maria to stay with you too if you prefer.

Suki: You don't need to bother Mrs Maria, I'm fine by myself.

Gabriel: (He smiled and patted her head.) I'm sure of this.

Dante grabbed an apple and took a big bite on it. He noticed that the little girl blushed when Gabriel patted her head. He saw them becoming closer and closer as time passed. Even if Gabriel was intimidating for most people, it didn't seem the case for Suki.

She had acknowledged Gabriel's strong aura from the first time she saw him but at the same time, that strong aura was reassuring for her. His calm tone when he spoke to her and his attention to her were recomforting after her mother's death. Thanks to Gabriel, Suki was slowly adapting to her new life with her newfound family.

And even if he didn't want to accept it, Dante was slowly becoming used to her presence in his life. She was not a bitchy teenage girl but a polite and discreet little girl.

The young man was taken aback from his thoughts by the arrival of a young woman around 20, very lightly dressed. She was only wearing a night gown, very short and tighten. He was not the only was surprised by that unexpected visitor. Dante smiled because the view was interesting for him, but Gabriel was pissed off and Suki, a bit shocked.

Dante: Nice outfit...

Girl: Thank you honey...

Gabriel: (He asked with a cold tone.) Who the hell are you?!

Girl: I spent the night with Gianni... I'm starving so I'm looking for something to eat... that man has endurance...

Dante: It's a family thing...

Gabriel was fuming and it was difficult for him to stay calm. He didn't like at all the way that woman was talking in front of his little sister. The way she was dressed, her attitude, her words, everything was disrespectful in his point of view.

Gabriel: Dante shut up! And you, get out of here! You should know how to behave in someone else house and wear something more decent!

Girl: Chill dude... you should have a girl taking care of you, you need to relax... I have a friend that is good at...

BAM! Gabriel had hit the table, making Suki startled and the woman shut up. At the same time, Gianni entered the kitchen, only wearing a short, his hair in a total mess, half asleep. He felt the tension and after a second of attention, he understood. The dark gaze that Gabriel was giving him was enough to wake him up totally. He grabbed the girl's arm.

Gianni: What the fu** did you do?

Girl: Gianni... I was just looking for food, but that guy treats me like shit!

Gabriel: Make her leave our house now and we will have a talk later. (He looked at Suki with a softer gaze.) Suki, let's go if you're done with your breakfast.

Suki nodded and stood up too. She quickly put her plate in the sink, Gabriel was waiting for her. She tried to not look at the girl nor Gianni who was also angry now.

Girl: What's wrong with him?!

Dante: He doesn't like bit** like you... but I'm not against meeting that friend that you mentioned... (He smirked.) I'm never against a good job...

Gianni: Come with me! (He dragged her upstairs.)

Suki had followed Gabriel as he requested, but not sure of the reason.

Suki: Onii-san...

Gabriel: (He stopped walking and looked at her.) Hum?

Suki: Are you alright? Are you angry because of Gianni's girlfriend?

Gabriel: (He bent down at her eyes level.) Sorry if I startled you. It's just that your brother doesn't like that type of woman. And I don't want my sweet baby sister to witness such behavior, even more in her own house.

Suki didn't know what to say to her brother, but she was touched that he was thinking about her wellbeing once again.

Suki: (In Italian.) Thank you, big brother...

Gabriel: I see that a smart little girl is learning Italian...

Suki: (She shyly smiled.) Father... he bought me books after we talked about that...

Gabriel: I'm glad to finally hear you calling him Father. And know that Father can do anything to make you smile, just like me.

Suki: I'm going to do my homework... see you later...

Gabriel: Sure, I will see you before leaving.

Suki walked toward the stairs and after a last wave of the hand for Gabriel, she disappeared upstairs. The eldest son of the family smiled at the little girl cuteness. He went to his office in the garden house to check on some documents.

On Gianni's side, things were less adorable. The young man had grabbed the girl's clothes from the floor and threw it to her face.

Girl: What's wrong with you this morning?

Gianni: Nothing, we are done, we slept together, end of the story!

Girl: Are you pissed off because of that guy?

Gianni: That guy is my eldest brother. And you just pissed him off! What did you think about to walk in that outfit in my house? What if my father saw you? You should have left as soon as you woke up, just like any bit** that I usually fu**!!!

Girl: (She finished to dress.) Fu** you Gianni Smith! (She left, embarrassed and angry, slamming the door.)

Dante saw that girl leaving their house and chuckled. Salvatore arrived at the same time and asked his son who was that girl and why did she seem so angry. Dante made fun of his younger brother, saying that the lady was probably not satisfied of his performance. Salvatore didn't want to hear more.

After a quick shower, Gianni went to see Gabriel in his office. He was not in the mood to be scold like a kid, but he knew that he couldn't avoid the talk coming. He was sure that his eldest brother was more pissed off than usually to have one of their girls in the house because of Suki. He knocked at the door and entered when Gabriel answered to him.

Gianni: Gabriel, I know what you will say, so sorry for this morning, I only needed to relax a bit after working so much for the club.

Gabriel: Gianni, you are an adult, I won't dictate you how to live your life. But as an adult, I expect from you exemplarity in our house when our little sister is around. I don't want to see a bit** half naked saying nasty things in front of Suki, understood?

Gianni: Crystal clear.

Gabriel: Nothing to report before the opening tonight?

Gianni: Some Russians guys tried to make a deal in my back, but we took care of them, and I contacted Vladimir. He understood that his interest was not to go against our family. Nothing more.

Gabriel: Good. I don't want to start a war with them.

Gianni: And about your trip? Did you find who were the guys who killed that kid's mother?

Gabriel: No, but Zhang is using his contact in Asia to see if it is linked to her family. Professional Japanese killers, an illegitimate daughter from a Yakusa Clan, our Mafia Father... too much for a coincidence. Fumiko Tanaka lived her entire life hiding herself and her daughter. I don't see anything in her life that could have bring her to that death...

Gianni: She was a waitress in that Club, she maybe heard or see something that she shouldn't have.

Gabriel: If it was the case, she would have run away immediately.

Gianni: We don't know anything about that woman, and not that much about that kid... (His tone was softer.)

Gabriel: Even If you don't know that much about that "kid", there is one thing that is sure... You don't dislike her as much as you thought you would and I'm sure that she started to find her way to your heart.

Gianni: No! Not at all! What make you think that? She is just a kid, as any kid!

Gabriel: Really? So, if Suki is just any kid, It's not a problem if I take her with us tonight, right?

Gianni: No, you can't do that! She will freak out if she has to witness people fighting!

Gabriel: It's not a problem, as you don't care!

Gianni: (He frowned.) Do as you want! I need to go!

Gabriel smirked when his brother left his office. Of course, he was not planning to take Suki at the event but only took care of a good occasion to tease Gianni, to make him conscious that he cared for their sister.

The day passed quickly. The three youngest didn't show up before lunch time then they prepared to go to the event. They all dressed in nice suits. Suki was in the living room with her father.

Salvatore was telling basic Italian words to his daughter with one of the images' book that he bought. Reading was one thing but having the good pronunciation was another one.

Suki was really concentrated and thankful that her father took time for her. She was still not used to have a father. It was way different than when she lived alone with her mother, and even if there wasn't a day passing without Suki missing her mother, the little girl was glad to not be left alone in this world and that's why she decided to give a chance to her new family. 

Salvatore: You are doing great. (She blushed for being praised.)

Suki: Thank you...

Salvatore: (He checked his watch.) I will have to leave in few...

Valentina Rossi: (She entered and interrupted them.) Salvatore... why are you not coming out! The guard didn't inform you? (She put her bag on the table.)

Salvatore had saw one of the guards coming few minutes earlier, but he stopped him before he interrupted them with a nod.

Salvatore: I was busy, nothing rushes.

Suki: Good evening, Madam... (She stoop up and bowed.)

Valentina Rossi: Hum... Are you done with... whatever you were doing? That girl is not coming with us, right?

Salvatore: Suki, can you go find Gabriel for me please and tell him that I ask for him? (She nodded, trying to no show that Valentina's attitude affected her. His tone changed when she left.) Valentina, you should listen to my words with attention because it will be the last time that I warn you. Suki is my daughter. She is more important and precious than you. If you show disrespect to her one more time with your words or attitude, we are done! Understood?!

Valentina Rossi: (She was fuming.) I didn't do anything that deserves that you treat me like that! Since you found her, you changed! Why? What is so special about that kid that you didn't know about, that you didn't want to have, that even your own children hate!

Salvatore's expression darkened a little. That woman was nothing more than a pain in the ass lately.

Salvatore: What is going on in my house has nothing to do with you! Your job is to play the perfect girlfriend for business, that's all. My children are not yours and never will be, so don't concern yourself with what they think or feel! Otherwise, you would have known for a long time that they only see you as a useless bit**!

The tension in the room was at the maximum. Valentina was outraged by her fiancé's reaction. She was staring at him, not able to say a word. A chuckle came from the door, Dante was there. He heard the couple conversation and couldn't control himself.

A minute before, he crossed Suki's way in the stairs and noticed her sadness, even if he heard her all happy few minutes earlier.

Dante: Eh... what's wrong?

Suki: Father wants to talk with Gabriel. (She barely looked at him.)

Dante: That's not what I asked! What happened?

Suki: Mrs Valentina arrived... she was waiting for Father... and it was too long because he was with me...

Dante: Gabriel is in his room, go find him and tell him that we are leaving so he should take his fu** ass downstairs quickly!

Suki: (She lifted her head to stare at him with big eyes.)... wh...

Dante: (He smirked.) You can use your own words of course!

He left, feeling the naïve gaze of the little girl in his back. When he got close to the living room, he felt that his father was annoyed, and his words confirmed it. When Salvatore was done talking, Dante laughed because it was exactly what that woman needed to hear. The sting and cold truth!

Dante: That's exactly like he said...

Valentina Rossi: (She grabbed her bag on the table.) Salvatore, I'm going to wait you in the car!

Dante: At least, your daughter made you see the uselessness of that bit**!! I can kill her for you if you want! (Salvatore sighed.)

After her brief and weird exchange with Dante, Suki headed upstairs. She knocked at her elder brother's door bedroom. She come inside after receiving the authorization. Gabriel was adjusting his tie. 

Gabriel: Suki... do you need something?

Suki: Father is asking for you downstairs and Dante said... that you have to leave now... so that you have to come quickly.

Gabriel: (He saw her red cheeks throught the mirror.) Got it... (He turned himself.) How does your brother look like?

Suki: Onii-san is really... beautiful... (She was blushing a lot.)

Gabriel: (He smiled.) Beautiful? I thought that you would say handsome, but I guess, with your eyes, it's better to be called beautiful than handsome. (He patted her head.) Thank you.

Suki: You should go downstairs now; everyone is waiting for you.

Gabriel grabbed his jacket and with Suki they went downstairs. Salvatore was still in the living room with Dante. Gianni and the rest of the brothers had already left a little earlier. Suki was surprised to not find Valentina in the living room.

Dante: Don't try to look for the witch, your Dad's spell made her disappear... (He chuckled and received a dark gaze from his father.)

Gabriel: Who is he talking about?

Salvatore: Valentina... she is waiting in the car.

Gabriel looked at Suki with a serious gaze. She shyly smiled, hoping that he would not try to question her.

Dante: We have to go; Gianni is waiting us for 6.00pm.

Salvatore: You are right. Suki, if you need anything, ask one of the guards. Of course, we are available on phone. Aldo will prepare your dinner before leaving... we will probably come back in the middle of the night, so don't go to sleep too late.

Suki: Hum...

Gabriel: Little one, have a good evening and see you tomorrow.

Suki: Thank you... be careful... bye... (She quickly left to her room.)

Dante: Can we leave now? That girl is not going to vanish! She will still be that annoying kid tomorrow!

Salvatore: Dante... is there something wrong with your head or your mouth? Nothing good comes from it!

Dante shrugged and left the house, followed by Gabriel and his father. Salvatore entered the SUV that was waiting for him with Valentina inside. He didn't exchange words with her until they reached the fighting club.

When they arrived, the head of the family changed his attitude for the business one, with his fiancé at his arm. She was also smiling, thinking that Salvatore was not upset anymore and that maybe he would even spend the night with her, but she found out later that it was not the case. At the end of the night, he asked one of his men to drive her back, not in the mood to share a drive back together.

Besides that couple crisis, things went well for Gianni. Everyone congratulated him for the opening of his club. The fights organized were really appreciated, especially by the VIP.

During the night, Vladimir, the young Russian mafia boss, came to show his support and interest in the Smith's businesses. He was a smart guy and more interested in doing a partnership than entering in a war of clans. Gianni let him talk with his father and focused his attention on the rich clients that came to bet on the fights. Most of them were influential people from renown companies or rich heirs looking for excitement.

Gabriel also met a lot of people that night. With Dante, they were in professional mode, planning meetings and exchanging business cards.

The three youngest brothers were more focused on the fights. Davide and Vito were already good fighters thanks to Gianni's training, and they were not against organizing their own little fights to test their capacities.

Enzo was also capable to fight but he was less interested than his brothers. Giving hits and receiving hits was not the same things and the second twin was not that keen to receive hits just in the name of sports. After a while, he slipped away with a girl to Gianni's office, something that the owner of the place would not like at all if he found out.

Suki, on her side, had a peaceful evening in that huge house. Chef Aldo cooked for her an excellent dinner. After that, she spent an hour to play piano, working on a song that her mother loved to play with her violin before she sold it. It was a way for the little girl to keep a link with her late mother.

Fumiko's birthday was coming, and the little girl wanted to be able to play perfectly that song as a birthday gift. She wanted to buy her favorite snacks, cook a delicious meal and have a little ceremony in her memory.

She didn't tell anything to her family, only Haru, her friend was aware, and he found Suki's idea very nice. He explained that in his family, they were doing the same type of things for the death anniversary of loves one.

When she was done practicing, she preferred to stay in her bedroom, laying on her bed around her plushies and read manhwas on her phone.

Around 3.00am, Salvatore stopped by her bedroom and checked that his little girl was well asleep. He put her phone on the night table and left to his own bedroom to rest. His little angel was in Dreamland. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

921K 19.7K 48
17 year old Adrianna Costello has been through hell and back. Now she is on top and feared along with her two best friends. The catch, no one knows w...
303K 7.1K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
36.3K 1K 20
Isabella Rose Ivy Valencia-Moretti, the only girl born in Italian Mafia family after so many generations. Not only she is the princess of Italian Maf...