The Butterfly Effect

By BrokenAngel53

"I want how it was before. I want it all with you in my life again... I'm asking you to stay." Miles Cobain-S... More

The Butterfly Effect
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight

Chapter Thirty

109 16 44
By BrokenAngel53

"What kind of tattoo do you want, sir?" Juliet asks, taking his hand onto her lap as she uncaps the black marker pen.

"Whatever you want," Miles says, lazily placing his head on her shoulder with his eyes fixed on the television where a wildlife documentary is playing.

"Maybe I can draw a flower or something. What's your favorite flower?"

"Lily of the valley."

"Ah, that's a beautiful one. I remember seeing them in the living room vase of your house. My favorite flowers are roses and cherry blossoms," Juliet states, trying to find the proper place on his hand to draw. "I love those wedding bouquets of roses along with strings of white lily of the valleys."

"Red roses?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

"Don't move, Miles. Sit still," she orders, outlining the edges of the small bell-shaped flower when he shifts again, making the ink smudge a little. She gasps, giving him a disapproving look. "Look what you did to my artwork. I'm going to kick you out of my parlor, sir."

He chuckles before muttering sorry.

"Did I tell you I'm getting a motorbike?"

"Oh my God, that's so cool," Juliet exclaims, turning towards him. "Motorbike rides seem more exciting to me than cars. When I was little before moving to Mahone Bay, we lived in Ottawa, and Dad had a motorbike. On weekends, he would take me for long rides around the city, and sometimes we went so far that it became night to return home."

"You miss motorbike rides?" Juliet nods in agreement to his question, and he smiles. "I will take you with me then."

"That would be so fun! Thank you," she says, finishing off the drawing and then she holds his hand and looks at the flower design from different angles.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes, it's beautiful," he comments, taking a closer look at it.

"You'd look really weird if you had a tattoo," Juliet giggles, keeping the marker pen aside. "So unlike you."

"Add some blonde hair maybe, blue eyes, a rope chain, a few bracelets, and you've got Miles possessed by aliens, and we would definitely not be here today," Miles jokes.

"That's hilarious! I just imagined you like that, and I'm about to have a heart attack in my brain!" Juliet says, throwing her head back in laughter while Miles watches with an amused smile. "That's not my grumpy at times, quiet, and cute Miles, you know, more like an utterly rich, famous pop star who the whole world is in love with."

"The whole world except for you..." He says, making her snap her eyes at him, and a soft smile makes its way to her lips. "I know you'd rather not live at all if you had to live under the spotlights. You wish to be invisible and live like background noise. People talking in a home, children playing, floorboards creaking-always present but never noticed, you get the idea, right? And that's what I need. I need only you to love me; the world can burst into flames with all its shallow treats for all I care."

"Do you have a thermometer? I think you've got a fever," Juliet mumbles with widened eyes but loud enough for him to hear. Miles scowls at her, giving her a disappointed look.

"I'm serious!"

Laughing at his pouty face, Juliet places her palms on both of his cheeks. "I was just kidding! And Miles, you should know that the way you are is what was supposed to be, and you're the kind of man I was looking for. I don't need anything eye-catching or lavish, blue or green eyes that are so talked about. Your brown eyes, black hair, no chain or tattoo, and replace the bracelets with a leather strapped wrist watch-that's the real Miles, and I love him! God made you perfect as you are."

He flashes her a smile, humbled as she wraps her arms around his neck and presses her cheek against his. "And throw their spotlights and cameras in the trash, we can live in our cozy little bubble adorned with fairy lights. And we'd hang a 'no entry' sign board on the door, okay?"

"Sounds about right," Miles says with a laugh.

......

"It's been a while. Where is everyone?" Tristan asks, looking around as he sits himself on the couch, and Maddie takes the seat next to him.

"Bridget is in her room, probably sleeping, and Juliet is out," she replies, somewhat hesitantly as Juliet's name comes up. Last night, Juliet asked her if Tristan was alright since he hadn't come to visit them in a few days, and unwillingly, she had to lie. Maddie didn't want to burden her with extra stress when she was already coping with the aftermath of staying away from home and her father. Because now Miles is here, it has become a little easier for her, and if she told her about Tristan at this moment, she would have another reason to be upset. And that leads Maddie to tell her everything is fine and Tristan is just busy. She only hopes that it all works out among them.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing just fine," he utters reluctantly before quickly changing the topic. "How's college for you?"

"It was okay. Nothing interesting happened, not that I was hoping for something to happen. Life is boring outside of Juliet's romance books!" A hearty laughter escapes her mouth, making Tristan smile slightly.

"Though I wish she gets to live out the bookworm's dream life she holds dear, at least something close to it. She's too idealistic for the real world, and this stark mismatch between her vision and reality might become overwhelming if life is too harsh on her, like it is for some of us."

Maddie nods, agreeing. "But I know, to some extent, she knows that reality is not so much like books, and even though it's a hard pill to swallow, she understands. Maturity and romanticism together are a strange combination and must be tragic."

"Most probably," Tristan replies. "Anyway, Maddie, are you attending Kinsley's party tomorrow? She invited me, but I don't want to go," he asks, referring to their mutual friend from high school.

"I would have, but Mom wouldn't let me go without Bridget, and she has a lot of homework to do. And you know Juliet doesn't go to parties."

"Then I wouldn't go either," he announces, leaning back relaxed.

"But why?"

"I wasn't looking forward to it anyway, and now that you all are not going. So yeah. Do you have any other plans?"

Maddie seemingly hesitates for a moment before finally telling him, "Miles will be coming home to meet us all tomorrow."

Her words cause his face to fall momentarily, but he regains his composure and forces a smile. "I see."

"Mom wants to talk to him too. We are really excited..."

"I would also like to see him sometime later. He sounds like a gentleman from all that I've heard from you."

She appears a bit anxious immediately as he says that, her face showing concern. Noticing her expression, he opens his mouth.

"Why do you look nervous, Maddie? C'mon, I'm just curious to see him too, like you. That's all. I swear if you think I will be like those homewrecker people who betray their friends just because they are too cowardly to accept rejection, I will never talk to you ever again."

"No, no! It's not that, I promise. I trust you," Maddie replies back hurriedly in her defense. "I was just thinking about you. I don't want you to get hurt more. I know you are already going through a lot."

Tristan shrugs mindlessly. "It's okay, really. Juliet is such a pure soul. Everyone who comes across her would fall for her charms. She's funny; she used to make me laugh a lot with her jokes, and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her. She is caring. It hurts a little... but I know I will be fine. But when someone betrays the beauty of a friendship just when it doesn't meet their personal demand anymore, that is never okay, and I don't want to end up like one of those backstabbers, Maddie."

Giving him an empathetic look, she hugs him in consolation, feeling equally distressed to see him like this.

"You won't, Tristan. You are the best friend one could ever have. We love you."

"Thanks," he mutters, giving in to her protective embrace, even when his heart breaks under the facade of bravery he puts on. It hurts a lot more than a little, and it's so painful to see her slip away through his fingertips, never to return. No matter how much he tries not to let it show, the anguished thought tears at his insides mercilessly. The haunting realization that the colorful dream he was living in, the blossoming hope he was nurturing within himself, was only there to fade to black soon.

That's why I always say never fall in love with someone who is in love with someone else but y'all never listen to me bruh

Suffer the consequences now 😒

Drop the names of all the books you're currently reading. I need book recommendations >>>>

It's 6:37 am right now. I swear to God someday I'm gonna turn into a panda with all the eye bags I'm getting 🥴

I love pandas. I wish I had one. The way they eat bamboos looks so cute it makes me want to eat some bamboos with ketchup and mayonnaise lmfaooo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
78.7K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...
4.6M 264K 48
"You know, you aren't like most girls I have met." "Is that a good thing?" "It depends, are you obsessed with shopping?" "That involves walking... so...