MORE THAN ANYTHING. avatar

By -madelynwrites

"Lo'ak, did you just chuck our baby sister into the water?" "What? No. 'Course not." "You're a horrible liar... More

Prologue
01
02
03
04

05

1.9K 69 5
By -madelynwrites

CHAPTER FIVE: We're All Going To Be Okay.

The relentless rain beat down on the dense forest canopy, creating a chaotic symphony that seemed to echo the turmoil within Na'taya's heart. Each droplet pounded with a rhythmic insistence, as if the heavens themselves were crying for the anguish she felt. She huddled beneath her sodden clothing, her small frame trembling uncontrollably as the chilling cold gnawed at her.

Fear clawed at her chest, mingling with the icy sting of the rain. Na'taya squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out the sound of the storm and the distant cries of her family. It was a futile effort; the storm was an ever-present reminder of their situation. A sob escaped her lips, soft and forlorn, lost amidst the roar of the tempest. She stole a glance at Tuk, whose eyes, despite their youth, were gleaming with strength. The dark, wide eyes of Tuk were locked onto Na'taya's with a profound empathy that momentarily soothed her.

"You're okay, 'Taya," Tuk's voice was a soothing whisper, a small comfort amidst the chaos.

The Avatar holding Tuk was an imposing and menacing figure, and hissed sharply as the sound of Tuk's voice. "Shut up, you!" The words were laced with irritation and cruelty, each syllable a cold knife that cut deeper into their already wounded spirits.

Na'taya let out a pained yelp as the Avatar's grip tightened painfully around her neck. The sharp pain ignited a flare of fear, a desperate urgency that overwhelmed her small frame.

The situation seemed to grow ever more dire, but just as despair threatened to consume them, a sudden and unexpected intervention occurred. An arrow, swift and silent, cut through the stormy air and struck the Avatar holding Kiri and Spider. The Avatar collapsed, its grip loosening momentarily as it fell to the ground.

The remaining Avatars, their attention diverted by the new threat, began to ready their weapons. The sharp, acrid smell of gunpowder filled the air as they fired blindly into the forest, their shots echoing like thunderclaps in the rain-soaked darkness.

From the chaos emerged Neytiri's urgent voice. "Lo'ak!" The call was a beacon of hope amidst the turmoil, a command that cut through the storm.

Lo'ak, ever the brave and resourceful elder brother, reacted swiftly. He snatched a smoke bomb from one of the Avatar's utility belts, pulling the pin and tossing it onto the ground. A thick, choking cloud of smoke erupted, enveloping their immediate surroundings in a dense fog. Lo'ak, with a determined growl, lunged at the Avatar, sinking his teeth into its arm with a ferocious bite. His action was not merely an act of defiance but a symbol of his unwavering love for his siblings.

"Bite, Na'taya!" Tuk's voice rang out, fierce and resolute. Tuk gripped the Avatar's arm with all the strength her small frame could muster.

Na'taya, driven by a primal fear and clear instinct, bit down on the Avatar's arm with a force fueled by desperation. The Avatar recoiled, and with Tuk's help, they managed to break free from its oppressive grip. The moment of liberation was fleeting, but it was enough to give them a chance.

"Come, 'Taya!" Tuk urged, her voice a beacon of hope as she grasped hand and ran towards Lo'ak. The sight of their brother was like a lighthouse in the storm, guiding them through the chaos.

Running with their hands bound was a grueling task. The forest blurred into a wild, chaotic expanse as they sprinted through the underbrush, their progress impeded by the storm and the uneven terrain.

"Lo'ak!" Tuk's voice was a mix of desperation and relief as they neared their brother.

"Tuk, come on. Go, go, go! Give me 'Taya's hand!" Lo'ak commanded, his voice filled with urgency yet tinged with reassurance. He took Na'taya's hand firmly, his grip a promise of safety as they fled from the line of fire.

The three siblings ran with a fierce determination, their breaths coming in ragged gasps. The forest was a dark, disorienting blur as they leaped over fallen logs and dodged whipping branches. Na'taya struggled to keep pace, her breaths ragged and shallow, her heart pounding in her chest as the pain in her arm and the exhaustion of their ordeal began to take their toll.

"Lo'ak!" Na'taya's voice broke with emotion, her fear and fatigue mingling into a pleading cry for reassurance.

Lo'ak glanced back, his expression softening as he met Na'taya's tear-streaked face. "I know, 'Taya. I'm so sorry, we're almost there. Keep going!"

The words were a balm to Na'taya's aching heart. She pushed through the pain, her resolve bolstered by the love she felt for her siblings and the hope of escaping their dire situation.

Suddenly, Jake and Neteyam appeared, dropping down in front of them with a mixture of relief and concern etched on their faces. The sight of her father and brother was a beacon of hope, a welcome light in the storm.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You hurt?" Jake's voice was gentle but filled with urgency as he inspected Lo'ak for injuries.

Na'taya, finally granted a moment of respite, gasped for breath, her tears mingling with the rain on her cheeks. Her emotions were a tangled mess of fear, relief, and gratitude.

"No. No, I'm okay," Lo'ak reassured his father, though his eyes betrayed his exhaustion and worry.

Without hesitation, Na'taya let go of Lo'ak's hand and ran straight into her father's waiting arms. "Daddy!" she sobbed, her voice breaking with the relief of being so close to safety.

Jake's arms enveloped his daughter in a protective embrace, his heart aching at the sight of her tears. He kissed her forehead tenderly, his touch a silent promise of protection and love. His gaze shifted to the side, where Tuk stood, her small frame trembling with fear. He pulled her into the embrace as well, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. His arms wrapped around both girls, holding them close as he whispered soothing words, his voice a soft murmur against the cacophony of the storm.

"It's okay, baby. You're safe now," Jake said softly, his voice a gentle anchor in the storm. "We've got you."

As the helicopters began to retreat, one by one, Jake let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. The tension in his shoulders eased slightly, though the worry in his eyes remained.

Neytiri and Kiri emerged from the shadows, their presence a balm to the family's frayed nerves. Na'taya's eyes, still brimming with tears, searched for her mother amidst the rain.

"Mama!" Na'taya cried out, her voice trembling as she ran into Neytiri's open arms.

Neytiri wrapped her arms around her daughter, pulling her into a fierce embrace. Her relief was palpable as she buried her face in Na'taya's damp hair. "Na'taya," Neytiri's voice was choked with emotion. "Oh, thank you, Great Mother. Thank you."

The gratitude in Neytiri's voice was a prayer, a plea to the forces that had protected her family. She held Na'taya close, her hands gently stroking her daughter's back, the touch a balm to her frazzled nerves.

"Mama," Na'taya hiccuped, her voice muffled against her mother's shoulder. "I missed you. I was scared."

"I know, my sweet girl," Neytiri whispered, her voice a soothing murmur. "You were so brave. So brave."

Neytiri's hand rested on the back of Na'taya's head, her touch a gentle reminder of her unwavering love and protection. The warmth of her mother's embrace was a stark contrast to the cold rain, providing a sense of safety amidst the chaos.

Tuk, her own fear giving way to relief, joined the embrace. She moved from her father's arms into her mother's, her small frame trembling as she clung to Neytiri. "Mom!" Tuk's voice broke with emotion as she buried her face in her mother's shoulder, her heart racing with the intensity of their ordeal.

Neytiri's arms enveloped both girls, her presence a shield against the storm. She held them close, whispering reassurances and stroking their hair, her touch a balm to their bruised spirits.

From Neytiri's embrace, Na'taya spotted a familiar face she hadn't seen in what felt like an eternity. Her heart surged with a mix of joy and relief as tears of happiness began to well up again.

"Neteyam," Na'taya whispered, her voice barely audible over the rain.

Without hesitation, Na'taya broke free from her mother's comforting arms and ran towards her older brother. Neteyam, his eyes filled with a mixture of concern and affection, bent down to catch her.

"Hey, Kiddo," Neteyam greeted her his voice carrying a blend of relief and affection. He dropped to one knee, his eyes filled with concern as he looked at Na'taya. "You did great out there. I'm so proud of you."

Na'taya's eyes, still glistening with tears, met his. The familiarity of his words and the warmth in his gaze were a balm to her frayed nerves. Her lower lip quivered slightly, and she bit it to keep her emotions in check. Neteyam extended his hand, gently brushing a wet strand of hair from her face.

"Come on, don't cry," Neteyam said, his voice soft but teasing. "If you keep crying, I'm gonna start crying too, and then we'll both be a big puddle!"

Na'taya's bottom lip quivered, but she managed a small, teary smile. "Oh no, we don't want that! If you cry, who will make me feel better?"

Neteyam chuckled, gently patting her head. "I'll do my best to stay strong. But you gotta stop those tears, or I'll be really sad."

Na'taya giggled through her sniffles, her eyes brightening a bit. "Okay, okay! I'll try not to cry so you don't cry. I'll be a big girl."

Neteyam laughed, giving her a playful nudge. "It's a deal. Just try not to get hurt again, okay? I can't stand seeing you so sad."

She nodded eagerly before hiding her face in her big brother's shoulder. Neteyam wrapped his arms around her, his embrace warm and reassuring amidst the cold rain. The storm continued its relentless assault, but within their circle of family, a sense of calm began to settle.

Neytiri, still holding Tuk close, looked over at the reunited siblings with a mixture of relief and love. She nodded to Jake, who was still checking the perimeter for any lingering threats, his expression softening as he saw his children safely in each other's arms.

Jake stepped forward, his gaze moving from one child to the next, his heart full of a fierce, protective love. "Alright, everyone. We need to find shelter and get out of this storm. We've been through enough for one night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 26.1K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
83.7K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
739K 20.2K 74
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...
1.5M 34.6K 59
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.