Memories we wish to forget.

By SPIG82

After 8 months of freedom, sapphire finds herself trapped in a deal that she had no choice but to make. She a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12*
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18*
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26*
chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 15

8 1 0
By SPIG82

Sapphire

I swear she's trying to kill me, first she insisted that I wear heels, and a floor length dress that you have to lift up in order to even walk. so, my 2-minute walk to the ballroom turned into 5 minutes.

it a good thing i left 10 minutes before the party started.

I immediacy went to find baroness she wasn't that hard to find considering she stood out, with her shining gold dress that sparkled brighter than the sun.

"Good evening, ma'am"

"Sapphire there you are, right on time, i need a few things."

"What needs to happen ma'am?"

"Well for starters there is some very important people coming her tonight, and I need you to stay with me in case I need anything."

"Yes ma'am"

god if I have to say the word ma'am one more time, I might walk off the balcony.

ding dong

"Perfect let's go meet some people."

The next hour my life consisted of the baroness introducing herself and then me by saying.

"And this is my personal assistant sapphire, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask, please enjoy your evening."

and then i would shake their hand and they'd walk away.

god this must have happened at least 50 times, seriously this party is way too fancy there no real music and everyone is just in group chit chatting and drinking champagne.

a slight elbow to stomach abrupted my thoughts and looked up only to for my elbowed stomach to drop lower then my feet.

I shook my head in hopes of I am seeing things and looked up again and I swear I could pass out there they were, my mother in all her glory and my brother Alex.

I could recognize his shaggy brown hair and his brown eyes anywhere.

that impossible dead i saw him die.

I forced out a "my apologies, have a good evening" as I shook their hands.

"The pleasure mine" my mother replied as she walked away.

I felt like i could throw up in fact my vision is becoming blurry.

"Sapphire darling, are you okay you look a little pale."

" Yes, I think I just need a drink may I go get me one."

"Yes, hurry back"

I immediately bolted for the bathroom and threw up everything in my stomach which wasn't much considering I skipped breakfast and lunch. So, I kind of just sat their dry heaving.

I physically forced myself not to cry.

Knock knock

"Occupied."

"Sapphire it's me Ashley please let me in."

I immediately opened the door and hug her, I need her to ground me.

"Hey, are you okay I saw you rush in here looking like you seen a ghost " she cooed gently walking me back into the bathroom.

"I did Ashley there hear."

god why I saw him die what is he doing here and why is my mom hear. Did he escape and met up with my mom.

My mind swirled with possibilities but every time I came to a conclusion my mind would scream YOU SAW HIM DIE

"Sapphire who's hear."

"My mom and my brother Alex" saying their names triggered the tsunami I was holding back with my eyes, and I cried.

"Wait I thought the Alex was dead, you never really said he was, but you acted like he was."

"He was, is Ashley, I saw him die."

There has to be an explanation there's no way that him.

"Then are you sure he's here."

"Yes, I would know him anywhere."

"Then how did you see him die if he's out there."

I was getting frustrated with her question, even though I understand that's she just trying to sort through the information.

"Because he the reason me and radiance escaped, he sacrifices his life for us."

Ashley hugged me tighter.

"Is there anything I can do."

I shook my head no I just need to get through the night.

"I just need a second can you hold me a little bit longer."

I sound a bit muffled because of the way I am holding her, but I know she heard me.

she clings to me tighter.

we just stood there in silence.

"Sapphire baby I know that seeing them is a lot, but you have to go find my mother she is probably looking for you."

I look up and she immediately wipes my tears away.

I sigh knowing she's right.

"Yeah, okay your right, it's just seeing them is a lot right now, I just barely started to move on without them only for them to show up."

"Baby it's okay you'll be all right."

"Wait what if you came with me."

"Sapphire, I wish I could, but we had a slight security breach and I have to go check it out."

I reluctantly realest her, my way of saying that I understand and headed towards the door but before I could reach the handle, she flipped me around to wear I was facing her and kissed me, I gasped but kissed her back. It was perfect just like she was.

"Thank you"

"You're welcome, babe now go and remember all always be here for you."

I smiled shyly and left.

I made way back over to the baroness.

"Sapphire, what took you so long i have a job for you, I thought you said you were getting a drink."

"Sorry ma'am I decided to umm"

think of a lie come on sapphire.

"Decided to freshen up a bit in the bathroom."

yeah, that its it

"Oh well next time don't take so long, in the meantime I just heard some horrible news from my closest friend Kristina and her son Alex."

I froze hearing my mom's name it been years since the last time i've heard someone call her that."

"Sapphire dear did you hear the rest."

I quickly responded, "no ma'am, sorry ma'am."

"Sapphire dear you have got to stop zoning out, I can't have my personal assistant missing important instructions."

"Sorry ma'am"

"Anyways as I was saying their house burned down and they don't have a place to stay, and I refuse to stand by and let them stay in a hotel room until they found somewhere else, so being a good friend, I offered for them to stay here for as long as they needed, in which they accepted now-"

before she could finish, I interrupted her, "you're letting them stay here."

"Yes, is that not what I just said" she snapped back. 

her tone reminded me of my place 

"Yes, ma'am it was."

"Now I already had the servants go prepare their rooms but i need you to show them there, there rooms are on the west wing."

"Me you want me to show them by myself" I responded meekly.

In all honesty was shocked there no way I can barely handle seeing them in a room full of people but having to lead them somewhere else let's just say if I wasn't ready to faint earlier I defiantly am now.

"Yes, sapphire now if I have to repeat myself one more time there will consequences."

her voice was venomous. 

"Yes ma'am"

almost as if God himself planned it himself my mom and Alex walked over by us just as me and the baroness finished our conversation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486K 15.9K 40
Luna and Sapphire are what you'd call complete opposites. Not to mention one of them isn't exactly human. These two were brought together by a tragic...
78.2K 2.6K 10
"Kiss me." "I think I'll pass." Before I could say anything else, her hands grabbed my hips and slammed my back against the wall. And her lips found...
94.7K 7.4K 53
"If this is manipulation, try to resist." They've just kissed. She should jump off the roof of this building for committing such an offence. They've...
105K 5.5K 76
Rose Novak junior in college, finds herself drunk one night in her friend's basement with a candle in her hand playing a dumb game -with all of her f...