LOST | Haerin x Reader

By deathkidlvl

Being lost in life takes a new meaning when Haerin literally gets lost >.< More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

XXXIV

647 43 8
By deathkidlvl

Narrator

After a tearful night, Haerin ended up waking up in her favorite place ever since she was a kid....

Y/n's arms.

Her eyes fluttered open and she snuggled against Y/n's chest like a child in a parent's warm embrace.

"Are you okay?" Y/n gently kissed her forehead.

"Mhm, why are you awake?" Haerin mumbled back.

- Haerin POV -

I was dozing off in the car on the way to Y/n's school.

Apparently, under grandma's wishes, Y/n returned back to the same school they had dropped out of. Grandma really wanted Y/n to become a doctor when we were growing up. I guess Y/n didn't want to disappoint her even in death.

"Here, I knew you'd do this," Y/n suddenly grabbed a blanket from the back seat.

I had insisted to come with Y/n even though it was barely 5am.

Y/n needed to go talk to the school's admissions. Apparently, the foundation that had given Y/n a full ride the year prior wanted to pay their tuition again. I thought it was really nice of them to understand that Y/n was just under a complex situation and  didn't drop out because they couldn't handle school.

I was always jealous of how well liked Y/n was.

Y/n was very charismatic, smart, and kind. The foundation had found them as a prime candidate to represent the foundation once they started their residency, but of course....

Life never goes as planned.

"Haerin, Haerin-ei, Kitty Kang," I suddenly felt someone shake me awake.

I guess I had fallen asleep the entire car ride to Y/n's school.

"Huh?!" I jolted up from my sleep.

"We're here. Do you want to stay in the car or come inside?" Y/n gently stroked my hair.

I was too sleepy to give a response, but started tapping my way to the door latch so I could get out.

"Okay," Y/n got the hint and got out the car themselves.

We were making our way to the admission office, when we suddenly bumped into one of Y/n's old classmates or maybe friend.... I wasn't too sure...

"Looks like the golden child is back for med," Y/n's friend coldly greeted.

"Oh- Hi, Sunbae!" Y/n gave her a polite bow.

I had never actually seen Y/n bow to anybody who wasn't a teacher, grandma, or a cop, so that told me that Y/n really respect this girl.

"And who might this be?" The girl asked.

"Umm, yeah. Haerin this is Kang Seulginim. She's a sunbae currently in grad school," Y/n turned to me to introduce her.

I found it really cute that Y/n introduced her to me first before answering their Sunbae's question.

"Sunbae, this is Kang Haerin," Y/n followed.

Y/n's sunbae suddenly got up from her seat and stepped up to pat my head. "So, this is the adopted one?" she asked.

Out of nowhere, Y/n snatched her hand off me and coldly said, "she's not adopted. And don't touch her, I'm really protective of her!"

My heart fluttered at Y/n's comment.

Y/n had always come to my defense when people made comments like that. Y/n hated when I was called adopted. Even though in an odd way, I was.

"Okay, sorry!" Seulginim chuckled at Y/n's sudden disrespect.

I internally sighed of relief that they seemed like really good friends.

"Something just seems very familiar about her," she followed.

"It's probably because she was the only thing I ever talked about," Y/n answered.

A smile started to creep up on my face from the sound of those words.

Y/n really did care for me, even when they were at school.

"I used to cry for no reason," I thought to myself.

I was always scared that Y/n would go to school and completely forget me. It was my biggest fear in life. That's why I threw tantrums like a child when Y/n would leave.

I saw now that I was wrong.

"No, that's not it," Seulgimin gave me an odd look.

"Anyway, glad to see you back on campus. Take care!" She suddenly waved her goodbyes.

- Y/N POV -

It didn't take long for me to do what I had to do.

I felt bad that I was dragging Haerin around with me, but she insisted from the moment she woke up this morning.

Luckily, we got back home just before the sun started to set.

"Y/n, I need help with my homework!" Haerin yelled as we walked into my apartment.

It was really cute to hear her say that again.

Growing up Haerin somehow thought I had the answers to everything. So she always wanted me to help her with her homework.

"Okay, bring it here!" I gave her my usual response.

Haerin ran into the room to grab her things and quickly ran back out to seat on the kitchen island.

Quickly enough, I found out that I had no idea how to help her.

Haerin was taking this elective class in college, called "The Theory of everything", and she had to rearrange the entire solar system based on the planets gravitational pulls, features, and other things I didn't understand.

It was like a big "What If?" class.

"What if we put Jupiter here?" I leaned over to draw Jupiter in Haerin's very confusing solar system.

Haerin just smiled at me, but didn't give an answer. She wasn't trying to hurt my feelings again because of my lack of understanding about how the planets worked.

"Did you know Jupiter is kind of like the protector of earth?" She suddenly asked.

"Yeah?" I started to get a little nervous from how close we were.

"Mhm, it protects the earth from asteroids and comets. If it wasn't for Jupiter than earth as we know wouldn't exist," Haerin explained as she slowly leaned in closer.

I was a bit too entranced by her words and actions to give her an answer, but I could see her eyes darting back and forth from my lips to my eyes.

"Isn't it fascinating?" Haerin was less than an inch away from my face.

"Yeah," I answered with a shaky voice.

"AHEM- So, what you're saying is that Jupiter needs to be in front of earth?" I cleared my throat and leaned back out of nervousness.

I was terrified to be this close and alone with Haerin.

"I guess yeah," Haerin's excited smile suddenly faded.

"Dammit, I messed up again," I thought to myself.

"So, do you think... Jupiter would like evaporate if it was closer to the sun?" Haerin's face lit up again because of my question.

"You know, cus it's a gas giant?" I followed a bit nervous.

"Ummm...," she began to mumble.

I leaned in to let her know that I was listening....

Suddenly, Haerin pulled me closer to her and kissed me.

After a few moments of nervousness, I kissed her back.

Haerin and I began to kiss deeper and more passionately. Before I knew it, I was carrying her to my bed and making out with her under the darkness of the night.

"Not like that," Haerin mumbled as she repositioned my lips.

For me, it was a makeout session, but I'm sure for Haerin it felt more like kissing lessons.

"Yeah, like that," A small whimper vibrated against my lips.

I started to kiss down Haerin's neck, but got nervous the lower she let me go.... so I self sabotaged.....

"You never answered my question," I mumbled.

Haerin cupped my face and pulled me up to face her. "What question?" She asked all blushy.

"Would Jupiter evaporate if it was closer to the sun?" I shyly asked.

Haerin giggled and pecked my lips. "You're cute!" She pecked my lips again.

"But I don't think so, Jupiter's outer layer protects its gases from evaporating," she cutely explained.

I couldn't help but smile from how smart she was.

"Any other questions?" She smugly asked.

I shook my head a little flustered and suddenly I was pulled back into more kisses.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 2.1K 36
NewJeans OneShot Compilations. I will write fluff and angst 🙂. Warning: There will be some mature content present 👀.
18.4K 428 25
"You know, I was ready to sacrifice anything for you, even if it meant going against the entire world. Now let me ask you, do you think Y/N would've...
30.7K 1.8K 50
Minji finds herself trying to fulfill the dream of her favorite student. *TW: Self-Hard, Alcohol, Vulgar Language, Etc*