PUPPET // KATSUKI BAKUGO [1]

By Imma_toaster

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know... More

Introduction & Disclaimer
Chapter 1 // Tomorrow
Chapter 2 // Luck's For Losers
Chapter 3 // Working Together
Chapter 4 // Familar Face
Chapter 5 // Chatting With The Enemy
Chapter 6 // One Down
Chapter 7 // Getting Closer
Chapter 8 // A Disappointing Win
Chapter 9 // Tie
Chapter 10 // Pitiful
Chapter 11 // News
Chapter 12 // A Friend
Chapter 13 // Making Progress
Chapter 14 // How Ironic
Chapter 15 // Comfortable
Chapter 16 // Things Happen
Chapter 17 // Enemies
Chapter 18 // Hell Is A Place On Earth, A Place With Katsuki Bakugo
Chapter 19 // Bonding
Chapter 20 // Exercise
Chapter 21 // School Is Tiring, But Mina May Be Worse
Chapter 22 // Practical Exam
Chapter 23 // Gesture
Chapter 24 // The Bakugo's
Chapter 25 // Busy Night, Busy Day
Chapter 26 // Darkness
Chapter 27 // Resolutions
Chapter 28 // Naps and Cats
Chapter 29 // Reluctant Tears
Chapter 30 // Switching Sides
Chapter 31 // To Hate You
Chapter 32 // Suffering
Chapter 33 // Blame
Chapter 34 // A Plan
Chapter 35 // Debate
Chapter 36 // Dead Ends?
Chapter 37 // Our End
Chapter 38 // Need
Chapter 39 // The Day After
Chapter 40 // Last
Chapter 41 // Love of Mine
Chapter 42 // Sleep Well
Chapter 43 // In Love
Chapter 44 // Space
Chapter 45 // Revelations
Chapter 46 // Your Name
Chapter 47 // A Little Bit of Motivation
Chapter 48 // The Start
Chapter 49 // Anchor
Chapter 50 // Old Habits Come Around
Chapter 51 // Work Studies Presented By The Big Three
Chapter 52 // Unexpected Guest
Chapter 53 // Opposing Plans
Chapter 54 // A Far Away Peace
Chapter 55 // Never Okay
Chapter 56 // Taken
Chapter 57 // Search and Resuce
Chapter 58 // Moves
Chapter 59 // One Step Closer
New Quirks
Chapter 60 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 61 // Nowhere To Be Found
Chapter 62 // Wondering
Chapter 63 // Devising
Chapter 64 // Thoughts and Talks
Chapter 65 // Still Fighting
Chapter 66 // Rescue
Chapter 67 // Priorities
Chapter 68 // Rampage
Chapter 69 // Love Follows
Chapter 70 // An End and A Beginning
Chapter 72 // A Success and A Tragedy
Chapter 73 // Statement
Chapter 74 // Starting Over
Chapter 75 // A New Beginning
Sequel Update
Thank You!
[A/N]

Chapter 71 // Hope

1.7K 58 16
By Imma_toaster

You stared at the TV hung on the padded wall in front of you as you fiddled with the remote in your left hand. Your right arm rested on the back of the chair you sat in, your body slouched to the side as you watched footage from a festival that had supposedly happened earlier in the year.

You were told to simply watch and only ever pause or rewind when you saw something of interest or that may bring back any memories, but, so far, what you were watching simply seemed like a bad hallmark movie that you didn't remember starring in.

You glanced at the mirror beside the door, which you were aware was two-way. You weren't stupid. You just wondered who stood on the other side of it.

Looking back at the TV, your eyes fell upon a scene that, once again, you didn't remember and didn't feel any need to. You fell no pull or spark.

You felt an immense pressure on your shoulders. Everyone was pushing, expecting you to get your memory back, but that wasn't going to happen. It didn't matter what people told you or what you saw. You weren't going to remember anything any time soon.

You threw the remote aside, which clattered against the metal table in front of you, and looked toward the two-way mirror with a sigh.

"Is Bakugo here?"

Static rose from somewhere in the room, and an unfamiliar voice said, "all of your previous classmates have been restricted from seeing you for now. The only people here to are Eraserhead and your parents. Would you like to see any of them?"

You didn't know how to feel about the fact that your parents were present. You weren't necessarily scared to talk to them, but you knew you'd feel bad once you did.

You didn't remember them. You didn't know what they looked like or how their voices sounded. You knew you wouldn't feel any type of relief wash over you when you saw them. You knew they'd most likely break down in tears upon seeing you after who knows how long, but you also knew your lack of emotion would hurt them even more.

"Aizawa," you eventually answered.

The door opened moments later, and Aizawa walked in wearing civilian clothing. He closed the door behind him before walking over and sitting across from you.

"Anything?" he asked, referring to your memory.

"No," you sighed. "Look, I don't know what you guys want from me. Nothing has happened. I don't remember anything or anyone, and I'm sure as hell if you send my parents in here, things will just get worse. They're gonna think I'm some kind of...machine. They're gonna be balling their eyes out while I'm sitting here like a serial killer."

"I know it feels like you've made no progress, but that's not the case," Aizawa said. "You've felt a pull toward Bakugo. I know you have. That's why you asked for him first, isn't it?"

You pressed your tongue to roof of your mouth and leaned back in your chair, not feeling the need to say an answer he already knew was true.

"Just because you don't remember any of what's happened in your life before a few weeks ago doesn't mean it didn't happen," he continued. "Deep down, you still feel a pull towards the people and things that were once important to you. That's something."

"Is that why I feel a pull toward you?" you asked, and Aizawa pursed his lips, falling silent. "Is that wrong?" you questioned further. "Is it wrong that I feel more of a pull toward you than my own parents? Is it wrong that I feel more attached to some kid who claims to have been my boyfriend than my own family?"

"You're around your teachers and classmates more hours of the day than you are your parents," Aizawa explained. "It's expected that you feel drawn toward us more."

"I didn't ask if it was normal. I asked if it was wrong," you replied.

"The only thing wrong about your situation is that it happened," Aizawa responded with a tired sigh.

You rubbed a hand over your face and looked around the room, eventually saying, "can I see Bakugo? Is he allowed here?"

"I'm sure I can make some type of arrangement," Aizawa answered. "Why?"

"Maybe," you began, shrugging, "if I spend an extended amount of time with him, I'll remember something."

"I suppose it's worth a shot," the hero agreed. "You can only spend so long together though. We've got you scheduled for an appointment later today."

"For what?" you questioned, confused.

"We're gonna see if we can extract the quirks they put into you," Aizawa replied. "They may be able to look into the brainwashing, but the main focus is to make it so you only have your original quirk again."

"Should that really be the main focus?" you asked. "What's it gonna matter if I have five quirks or one? The whole city is still scared of me."

"Then we'll make them not scared," the man stated, "but we'll worry about that later. The main focus is you right now. After you're as back to normal as you can be, that's when we'll worry about everything else."

"Fine," you sighed. "Can you call Bakugo now?"

"I'll get on it," Aizawa promised as he stood. "In the mean time, do you wanna try and talk to your parents. They're desperate to see their daughter."

You looked toward the two-way mirror, knowing they stood on the other side of it, staring at you as if you were some kind of puppet on a homemade stage.

"As far as I'm concerned, I'm not their daughter anymore."

¥¥¥

You had moved from sitting in your chair to sitting on the padded floor of the room as you waited for Bakugo. The metal chair had gotten too uncomfortable. Besides, you liked directly facing the door.

You stared at it for a solid ten or so minutes further before it opened, and a familiar blond walked in. He had shed himself of his hero costume and wore simple sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Hibernating?" he questioned with a smug smirk. You rolled your eyes at the sarcasm as you pushed yourself off the floor and stood.

"You'd never seen me then," you countered, walking over to him. He met you halfway in the center of the room. "Wouldn't that just drive you crazy?"

"I think you're overestimating how appealing you are," Bakugo replied.

"Really?" you wondered, and he hummed. "I don't think you find me that repulsive if you dove into a collapsing building to save me, simultaneously killing yourself in the process."

"I never said I found you repulsive at all," he stated. "You're just a little full of yourself."

"That's rich coming from you," you joked.

Your eyes wandered over to the two-way mirror on the far wall, and you suddenly remembered that there was a possibility the two of you were being watched.

"Are my parents still out there?" you asked, looking back at Bakugo.

He glanced over his shoulder at the mirror, averted his attention back to you after a second or two, and said, "pretty sure you'd have to tase 'em to get 'em to leave."

"Did you talk to them?" you questioned.

"Is there a reason to?" Bakugo said in response.

You huffed quietly and looked back at the two-way mirror, staring at it for a good ten seconds or so before walking over to it.

"Go away," you ordered, knowing they'd be able to hear you. "There's no point in bombarding a girl who doesn't remember you. You're wasting your time."

It may have seemed harsh from an outsiders point of view, but they were only hurting themselves by remaining around. You weren't going to suddenly remember them and jump into their arms. The more they watched, the more they lost hope. Just your presence was hurting them. There was no helping.

"That's a little harsh," Bakugo claimed with a somewhat amused scoff. "You're hangin' around me too much."

You felt the corner of your mouth twitch as if your body was telling you to smile, but you didn't. Instead, you turned to face the boy and asked, "did Aizawa tell you about the surgery?"

"Surgery?" Bakugo questioned, his eyes growing wide. "What fucking surgery?"

"Surgery-type thing," you corrected. You didn't know exactly what would happen during the appointment. "They're gonna try and remove my additional quirks."

"Who's they?" he asked, seeming angry. You didn't understand why he was so pressed. Wasn't this a good thing? You were, hopefully, going to be normal again.

"I don't know. People? Doctors?" you replied with a shrug. "Whoever they are, they're gonna make me as normal as possible again. Aizawa said they may even be able to get some or all of my memories back. It depends."

Bakugo sighed deeply, saying, "is that why you called me here? You just wanted to let me know that you're going through surgery that might not even work."

"I wanted you here because I thought being around the only person who I actually feel a deep connection with would help me in some way," you stated. "I'm scared, Bakugo. I can't explain any of what I'm feeling because I don't remember shit about who I was, and I don't know who I'm supposed to be. The whole country hates me. Everyone is terrified of me."

Bakugo released another deep exhale and took a step closer to you. He lifted his arm and lazily wrapped it around your waist before tugging you into his chest.

"Not everyone," he said. "If those people have even an ounce of common sense, they'll be able to put aside the bullshit you went through and focus on all you've done to to help."

"Tell that to the cop that tackled me," you scoffed. "Are you really gonna be on my side once I take one step outside, and you see just how much people are willing to follow the crowd?"

"Mighty Mouse, I'd still be on your side if you pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the back," Bakugo teased, but something about the way he stared into your eyes with an odd amount of adoration told you he wasn't lying.

And that was enough to give you hope, hope that one day, someday soon, everything was going to be okay.

[EDITED]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418 14 8
'He must be scared of you, Midoriya! Scaredy, Cat-suki!' In this AU, we have Mean!Deku and Nice!Bakugo. It has always been like this, Bakugo being th...
1.1M 31K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 ๐Ÿ“ Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
83.7K 3.9K 82
๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝกหš สšรฏษž หš๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก โŠฑ ๐™ธ๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐š‹ ๐š–๐šŽ ๐š‹๐šข ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š•๐š•๐šŠ๐š› ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šŠ๐š๐šŠ๐š’๐š—, ๐™ธ ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๏ฟฝ...