Cursed Sapphire | MID x Reade...

By LunaShortz07

Allison Saylor is Ava's roommate, she knew a bit of what she was getting into when she agreed to live with Av... More

Magic!?
Oc introduction
Adjusting
Still Adjusting

Spirits

46 2 0
By LunaShortz07

Allison POV

I decided to go through my books in my spell room to see if I could find something different I could work on. I had a bunch of books either floating around me or on the floor. I heard Mirage snoring somewhere behind me, I knew Zack was also asleep in the living room, and Ava was taking a bath with Jonny. 

I eventually grabbed a certain book that was filled with spells that required blood, from a drop to a whole bowl of it. 'I thought I burned this...oh wait, I need it.' I sighed before I levitated it towards my desk and continued my search. After the incident that took place with my family years ago, I decided to do everything I could to help Avery and Aaron with their curse. Avery let me get a blood sample to work on since the curse was a genetic thing. 

I paused and all the books that were floating around me fell, I heard Zack barking. 

"Allison!"

"Red-haired Prisoner!"

I sighed before I waved my hand and all the books were back on my shelf, I noticed Mirage stretch as she yawned, I guessed the yelling and barking woke her up. I walked through my wall and through my door before I saw Ava and the guys in the living room. Zack was next to her before he ran over to me. He and Mirage sniffed each other before she walked away to lie down next to the glass.

I sighed and walked to Ava. "Alright, what happened this time?" She turned to me and fixed her towel before she spoke. "They were in the wall while I was taking a bath!" Her head turned to them. "Why are you guys in my wall anyway!? Ya know what, I don't care. If we're gonna be your prisoners we need to lay out some ground rules."

The prince was clearly upset at this. "You're both prisoners. You don't get to make rules."

'What was his name again?' 

"Who's the powerful sorcerer? That's right, me."

"Sorceress."

"Tsk. Ugh!" I chucked at her getting upset when she was corrected. I noticed Rhys tilt his head before he asked a question. "Does that mean you're companion is not a sorceress." He pointed at me, I shook my head and crossed my arms. "Technically, no. I'm a witch. Which means I have more magic abilities than Ava." I felt myself slightly smirk as Ava glared at me when I said that last part. 'This is karma for dragging me into this.' Rhys lifted his hand to his chin. "Fascinating. Do you think you could demonstrate-"

"That's not the point!" I looked at Ava when she shouted and took a deep breath. "Why are you guys coming through my walls?" Even though Ava was pissed I wasn't that bothered, but that's probably because they haven't intruded on me yet. I sat down on the couch close to the window as Rhys explained. 

"Once our home is linked to a surface, we can enter from any place at will in close proximity."

"So you guys can come in anywhere in my apartment, at any time?"

"He literally just said that." I glanced at Laif before I propped my arm up on the armrest. "They can't go in my room."

"What?"

They all turned to me, I could tell they were both surprised and confused. "Given how kill happy some of you are..." I glanced at Leif again. "I used a seal to keep you guys out. The last thing I need is one of you guys getting ahold of something dangerous." Ava looked at me before she sighed. "Fine, if you're gonna be like that. And, I can fix this." She turned around and walked into her room before she walked out with a red crayon. I was gonna question what she was doing before she began to draw a rectangle on the wall. 

"This is my magic spell wand called Crayola. Once I mark this door, you are bound to only use this spot to enter and exit. If you don't use this spot, you'll die." 

"What!?"

"No!"

"Now we're talking."

"Our wall...this is still technically a rental you know."

"You can't do that." 

"I. Just. Did." I sighed and crossed my arms as I leaned back on the couch. 'What am I even worried about, Jake couldn't be mad at her even if his life depended on it.' I closed my eyes as I rubbed between my eyes. 

"Now the next thing, stop calling us human sorcerers and red-haired prisoners, okay? We have names."

"Ava and Alice." I opened my eyes and looked at the one with the tattoo, I glanced at Ava and she looked at me before we both turned to him again. "How did you?"

"You're friend at the sacred mall said it." I quirked a brow and turned to Ava. "Okay, first off, Lorelai isn't my friend. She just yells friend at me and I reciprocate because I'm apparently an enabler."

I sat up and crossed my legs."And for the record, my name's Allison, not Alice." He hummed and nodded. 

"Second-"

"Do you know our names?"

Ava went stiff and she looked nervous, she stuttered a bit before she looked at me. "What about you Allice? Do you know their names?" I felt my eye twitch as she shifted their attention to me, I sighed before I listed the ones I knew. "I know there's Rhys, Leif, and Noi. What about you?" Normally I would've pointed at them but I wanted to get back at her for trying to change the subject. 

"I-I know that...he's Rhys..." She pointed at him as her voice trailed off. Rhys sighed before he motioned towards the other guys as he listed their names. "Leif, Noi, Peirce, Asch."

"I knew that...I was just testing you." I noted as I covered my mouth to keep myself from laughing. 

"Wow, Rhys, you passed."

"As always."

'If only Ava was as lucky.' I glanced up and towards the window, I could see Mirage's lower half by the window, but I couldn't see her completely because Leif and the chair were in the way. Ava lightly sighed. "Now we need to talk about personal space." Before she could say anything else the doorbell rang. Right after I answer the door. You guys in the meantime put these clothes on." She turned and walked towards the door but didn't get far before Noi asked a question, I stood and began to walk towards the door as she dealt with that.

"But we're not sure-"

"Figure it out."

As that happened I turned around the corner and brushed my hair down a bit before I opened the doors. I blinked a couple of times. "Mrs. Oats?"

"Oh Allison, I've been so worried about you and Ava."

I quirked a brow. "Why?"

"I heard Ava yelling and screaming all weekend. I got especially worried when I heard her yelling for 3 hours straight." I turned around as Ava walked into the doorway, I could tell she heard what Mrs. Oats said. "Why didn't you call the cops then...?"

"Oh, that might've been a good idea."

I went a bit stiff, as Ava spoke. "Mrs. Oats...what if we were like, dying or something." Mrs. Oats gave us a slight smile. "Oh, I'm sorry dears. My memory goes when I don't have notes on my fridge. I'll be sure to make a note for next time."

'I really hope there isn't a next time.'

"Besides that, I'm glad you're both alright." Ava chuckled and smiled as I spoke up. "Thank you, Mrs Oats." 

"Oh before I ask about the screaming, do you think you can take this present to my grandson down the street today? You always deliver things on time for me. And I appreciate it so much." She held up a present with a green bow. Ava smiled at her. "Yeah, sure. I can do that." She walked up to Mrs. Oats and took the present from her. "Oh thank you so much, Ava. And here, my usual payment to you since you're so sweet. And since we're on the topic of favors." Mrs. Oats turned to me.

"Allice, do you think that if you have the time, you could make me some more of that special tea?" I chuckled and nodded my head. "Yeah. I'm ok with that. I'm guessing it worked." She laughed. "It worked wonders. I dare say I felt a few years younger." She laughed a bit more. "I'm glad you like it. I'll make the tea leaves and give them to you as soon as they're ready."

"Thank you, dear." She turned back to Ava. "Now Ava, what were you screaming about? I-" I noticed her eyes go wide before I heard a voice behind me. Me and Ava both turned around, Rhys was in the hallway and Peirce was behind him. 

"Ava, Allision, look. I figured out how to put clothes on."

"No one saw him do it and he won't tell us."

"That's because it's a test from her and I passed again."

"Go away!"

I took a deep breath and turned back to Mr.s Oats, Ava did the same as she laughed nervously. 

"So...."

"Oh~ I see what's going on." She winked at both of us. Ava shuddered a bit before she spoke up. "Please, it's not what you think..." Mrs. Oats lightly scoffed. "I was younger once too. I'm glad to see you're both in good hands~" I tensed up. "It's definitely not what you think."

"Prisoners get over here now!"

'Damn it Asch!' Ava turned around as I glanced over my shoulder. "Oh my." I felt my face heat up as I glanced at Mrs. Oats. "Oh would you look at that, haha, we gotta run those errions now! Gotta go! Bye!" I used my magic to slam the doors as I leaned my back against them and sighed. 

I tensed when I heard her voice through the door. "I was pretty wild back in my day as well, no shame if you got game." I felt my face burn a little more, I ran a hand through my hair before I tilted my head down and tugged on it. 

"Irene why..."

"Not sweet little old Mrs. Oats..." 

I heard Ava walk away but I stood there for a moment as I took a deep breath and waited for the burning in my face to go away before I walked into the living room. I tuned out what the guys were saying until Ava reappeared and placed her hands on her hips. "You guys suck!" Asch turned around and glared at her. "Excuse me?" 

Ava took a step forward. "You heard me "your majesty! It's bad enough you guys are taking over my home but now I have to imagine sweet little old Mrs. Oats like-ugh! And she thinks we-ugh!" I saw Asch's eye twitch. "Dont. Speak to me like that." I hadn't noticed at first, but Jonny was next to him on the couch. He growled at Asch.

Ava walked up to him. Make me stop then."

He held on to her shoulder as he held a ball of fire in his other hand. "Your majesty top!" I was gonna blast him again but I froze when some kind of shadow bumped into both of them. Asch staggered back but managed to catch himself, whereas I caught Ava.

"What is-?" The shadow dissipated as a small cat was revealed, it looked like Mirage but it was a normal cat with fluffy fur around its neck and a crescent moon on its forehead.

"Another spirit?"

"Huh..."

"That's not a cat I've ever seen..."

Jonny walked up to it before they started growling at each other. I tilted my head to the side as I looked at the cat that suddenly appeared. "Fascinating." I turned to Rhys, who was squinting at the two cats. "This spirit looks more like a spirit on Daemos. While the other looks like an E-arth one." 

I felt Ava moving around a bit so I pulled her up before she fixed her towel and turned to Rhys. "Okay wait- when you say spirit, do you mean cat?" I placed a hand next to my chin and looked at it. "I would've thought it was a familiar." I hummed. 

"A what?"

Rhys looked at us, or, at least he tried to. "A cat. Lile Jonny is a cat. And this new cat is a cat." I sighed at her explanation before I spoke up. "Familiars are companions of magic users that take the form of ordinary animals. Like Mirage for example." As I mentioned her, the large feline walked up to me before sitting down and began licking her paws. 

"We call them spirits on Daemos, usually they bind to someone and act as guardians of a sort. But their uses vary." I hummed and looked at it as Ava bent down towards it. 

"Oh, so this adorable little kitty cat is a guardian?"

'Is she five now...'

The cat seemed to enjoy the praise it got as it lifted its head. "Spirit." The cat or spirit walked past Ava not wanting to even look at her anymore. "Not very friendly are you...?" It walked towards Asch before sitting down in front of him, it looked up at him and mowed. It seemed content. 

"Does that spirit know Asch?" I glanced at Noi and looked back at the cat before I realized that he was wearing his human clothes wrong. 'Irene bless him...'

"It appears so."

I looked at Asch and he actually had a pink hue on his face as he looked down at the spirit. "I-I've never seen this spirit in my life." I looked at him blankly for a moment. 'He's not yelling for once...it's nice.' I glanced at Ava as she looked at him. "It looks like it knows you." 

"I said I don't know it!"

'Great...he's back...that didn't last long...' I sighed.

Before Asch could yell anymore the spirit stood up again, only this time it walked up to me and mimicked the same motion it did when it stopped in front of Asch. "It seems to have taken a liking to not only Price Asch, but Allison as well. That aside I've never seen this spirit before either." Rhys glanced between me and Asch. 

I glanced at Asch before I turned to Leif. "It must've crossed over from our word somehow. I've seen this kind of spirit before but they're very rare to come across."

"Then Asch and Allison should consider themselves lucky." I glanced down again as I noticed Mirage crane her head down towards it. The two smelled each other before Mirage suddenly stood up straight and grabbed it by the scruff of the neck. "Mirage-!" I went a little tense but relaxed a bit when she took a few paces towards Asch before placing it back on the floor, she pushed it towards him before she came back to me. She circled around my waist as she rubbed her head against me.

"What're you? Jealous?" She stopped and growled at me. "I'm just saying!" I sighed before she sat down and resumed cleaning herself. I looked down at her as the room went quiet, it was like that for a moment before I heard Ava speak up. 

"Be nice. Stop giving that cute kitty a mean look Asch." I glanced at Ava before I turned to him, he seemed surprised for a moment before his expression went natural. "You said my name. Never heard a human say my name before..." I quirked a brow at the last statement as Ava questioned it. "Huh? What does that mean?" I felt the air go a bit tense before Rhys spoke up. "Hey, how about since tensions are calm now you guys go back to figuring out how to put on the human clothes." I quirked a brow, his tone sounded a bit tense. 'What's up with him?'

"Human clothes? Oh right, I gotta go get mine on to deliver this gift for Mrs. Oats." 

"And I need to work on that tea." She nodded before we both walked over to our rooms. 

"Can I see you do it?"

"No."

I didn't even bother answering Leif before I closed my door, I turned around and walked through the wall and into my spell room. "Let's see...where did I put that book..." I kept pulling random books off the shelves with my magic until I felt something nudge my leg. I looked down to see Mirage with the book I was looking for in her mouth. I took it from her and patted her on the head before I went over to my potion setup. 

"Should I use the same one...or try adding something new to it...?...Maybe something that'll make her forget what she saw..." I felt my face slightly burn at the memory. I heard Mirage let out a quiet roar from behind me before I sighed. "Relax. I'm not gonna do it. I'm offended you'd think I'd use her as a Ginnypig for my potions." I propped the book up on the stand before I began to gather the ingredients. 

I began to grind up the ingredients in the bowl as I let the tea leaves float in the potion, it was supposed to be a base, something to help the magic infuse to the tea leaves.

A/N: I know it's been long but my mind has been going between fandoms. This was gonna be longer but I needed to update. I really hope this is worth it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

451K 12.9K 66
Imagine My Inner Demons, except you get to be the center of attention.... You just moved into Ava's apartment, not expecting anything to unusual, but...
1.1K 8 10
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APHMAU EVEN THOUGH SHE IS IN THE COVER These are not my characters they are from a series called 'My Inner Demon's' which you...
10.5K 333 27
What happens when Y/N, a powerful elemental dragon, wakes up in a new world far from their home? They then remember why they are there, and why the k...
120K 3.1K 43
Thyme is a friend of Ava since college. Over the years, they maintain as close friends and decided to be roommates. After quitting her job, five hawt...