The Moon Wolf

Oleh BlackkDahliia

Freya Dean faces hardships like no other wolf has had to face before. Getting her wolf 6 years early would ha... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

29 2 0
Oleh BlackkDahliia

Freya Dean

6 years later

    I can't hear anything, my heartbeat thumping too loudly from compensating for all the blood I'm losing. My eyes blurred over from the excruciating pain, my teeth clenched and making it more painful than it already is, refusing to show an ounce of pain to the monster causing this.

    *Crack* "27" *Crack* "28" *Crack* "29" *Crack* "30."

"I'm impressed, Omega. Not even grown men stay conscious, you've got spunk but soon It'll be gone. I hope you've learned your lesson. Now clean this shit up!" Alpha Damon said, gripping my chin to force me to look at him. My wolf couldn't stand our Alpha, and I couldn't blame her. She growled lowly at him and spat blood onto his face, earning a punch to the eye before he walked out of the torture cell. I was used to this, pain didn't bother me anymore after 6 years of abuse. Whenever Damon was upset I was the punching bag for him to release tension. I've only disobeyed him twice in the 6 years, but others in the pack house break things and blame it on me, sadistic freaks.

I stood and went about my chores, cleaning the cement room of any spec of my blood and sweat, then went to my room, if you could even call the attic a room, to change into a different outfit.

'We need to get out of here, Freya. This isn't how our life is supposed to be...'

'I know, A, I've been trying to figure out the best route to get out. I'm not even worried about being a rogue, I'm worried about somebody catching us, we'll never get out of here if they do.' I sigh, slouching down on the bed, enjoying the cold metal frame on my back. I've done all my chores today, I always wake up around three in the morning so I can get most of it done before anybody is awake to make more messes. I decide to sleep for the remainder of the day so I can get up early and do it all again tomorrow. Daylight pours through the small porthole, meaning I have about 8 hours to sleep, and that is the only thing I am grateful for at the moment.

Hearing a soft knocking on my door, I open my eyes and look out the window, it must be close to midnight or later. I stretch before walking towards the door.

"Hi, Jackson. What can I do for you?"

"Come, the Alpha and Beta have gone to another territory for business, and the Luna is asleep. I have something to discuss, and you can have a quick visit with your mom and brother." He handed me a stack of clothes and a chain necklace, enchanted to not rip clothing and to hide my scent so nobody gets suspicious of my scent around the grounds. I change into thick black leggings, a black thermal long-sleeve, and a coffee-colored sweatshirt, then head out the door, following him. I enjoy the times Jackson is around, I don't have to worry about being so formal, won't be told to clean things, and most importantly, won't be punished.

"Thank you for all the kindness you've shown me over the years, Jackson. If you didn't do this, I for sure would have lost Artemis by now."

"It's nothing, Firegirl. Alpha Damon has turned into a cruel man, and you never deserved that at such a young age. Let's not get all sappy, we have things to do." He glanced over at me, a lot of things have changed since the day Gamma Jackson saved my life, I've grown to be taller than most of the women in the pack, about 5'11 if I had to guess. I'm stronger than the weak girl who got beat and cried about it, I never show weakness, and I don't trust anybody but my brother, Jackson, and my childhood best friend, Sayge. My mother has been missing and presumed dead for 4 years now, and I've given up hope of her being around.

Sighing, I walk in to find the house quiet, crickets chirping. River must be asleep, as it's already past midnight. I go up the stairs and into my brother's room, knocking on the door to wake him up. I would walk in, but I don't want to know what my older brother does behind closed doors.

"Freya? Finally, I missed you, little sister." River pulls me into a bear hug, and I gladly give one back, wincing when he squeezes my lacerated back.

"I missed you too, River. How are you ?" We pull away and sit across from each other on his bed.

"Don't worry about me, I'm doing alright. Listen, Jackson is going to talk to you, but I want you to know that I love you no matter your status, okay? You'll always be my little sister. Call or text me if you run into any trouble." He grabs a backpack from under his bag and hands it to me. I must have the dumbest expression on my face right now because I have no idea what he's talking about.

"River, you know I can't have a phone, Alpha Damon would kill me if he found it." My brother chuckles and shakes his head.

"You won't have to worry about that any longer, trust me. Jackson and I can't stand seeing this happen to you anymore, It's gone on long enough already. I think it's time you go and have a chat with him. I love you, little sister. We'll see each other again soon." With that, he kisses my forehead and walks me out of the house, waving and walking back in. I stare at the door, slinging the backpack on better, confused.

'What do you think they planned, A?'

'I don't know, but I'm liking it so far.' I roll my eyes at her remark. Whenever there is mischief to be had, she wants to be in the center of it every time. I walk to the back of the house to find Jackson leaning against a tree.

"Come, Firegirl, we don't have much time."

"Time for what, Jackson. You and my brother have me utterly confused right now." I walk with him through the woods, waiting for an explanation.

"You're leaving, tonight. The patrol units are in the middle of a switchover, so we have a window of time to get you out of here. I know being a rogue isn't ideal, but the Alpha wants you dead by the end of next week, and I just can't let The Moon Wolf die because of him."

"M-moon wolf? What are you talking about Jackson? I am grateful you're doing this, I was going to do it soon but didn't want to get caught. I don't care about a rogue title, I can beat any wolf in these woods." He chuckles at my words as we trek forward.

"I stored a book, weapons, a map of territories around us, a phone, food, and extra clothes for you in the backpack. The book will explain everything about the moon wolf, and I placed my number and your brothers in the phone. I know you can, that's why I'm not too worried about you being in the woods. Soon, you'll be the fiercest wolf in the neutral woods, Hell probably in all the woods." He stopped as we reached the edge of the pack territory, and hugged me.

"Be safe, my little Firegirl. I'm sure our paths will cross again."

"Thank you, Jackson, for everything. You have no idea how much this means to me. Do you want your chain back?"

"Nah, you keep it. Don't need you naked out there, and nobody will be able to track your scent with it on. It's best that you have it. Now go, I have to make it back to the packhouse before somebody sees me out on an unscheduled night." He nudged me out of the territory, and I watched as he retreated the way we came. Sighing, I shook the bag off, shifted, and held the bag in my mouth. I ran as fast as I could, letting Artemis, my wolf, take over.

'I, Freya Dean, Cut my ties with the Seltrine pack.' And just as those words were spoken through the mind-link, I felt the bond with my pack break.

'We're free, F! Finally free!' We were soaring on cloud nine, it didn't matter if we were rogues, all that mattered was that we were away from that monster that had abused us for far too long, and was planning to kill us for a reason we'll never know.

    After running for hours, I come upon a lake to drink and rest for a little bit, the moon starting to set indicating that nighttime is almost over. I decide to hide myself and my belongings to sleep a couple of hours before venturing off again. Finding a bush big enough to hide my large wolf body, I curl up underneath and fall into a deep slumber.

    I wake up and look around, I'm sitting in the most gorgeous clearing I have ever laid eyes on. The ground is full of glowing moss under the moonlight, and the tree leaves are a blue color, also glowing. The moon is brighter than I have ever seen.

    "This has to be a dream," I tell myself aloud.

    "Yes, my child. I'm visiting you in the only realm I can." I freeze and turn to see a beautiful woman with raven black hair, dressed in a glowing white, sleeveless, floor-length dress, and the same marking my wolf has glowing on her forehead. I realize that I too am dressed the same.

    "You're The Moon Goddess." I'm awestruck by the beauty of this woman. I curtsey to her, it feels like the right thing to do for the creator of my kind.

    "You may rise, child. Yes, I am her, but you can call me Selene." She helps me up from the ground, noticing my scars and unhealed wounds.

"You've had a rough childhood, and for that, I am sorry. It was never meant to be this way for you." I sit down beside her on a log, feeling right at home with this celestial being.

    "It's not your fault, just the cards I got dealt. I could never blame you." I shrug as she looks down at me with a sad smile.

    "Enough about the past, I came here to talk to you about your destiny as The Moon Wolf. Artemis is special, and with her, you have abilities others would dream to have, Freya. I blessed you to protect the werewolf world from the evil that is coming."

    "I'm nothing special, no offense Selene. I couldn't even protect myself from that monster, Damon."

    "Oh, honey. You are special. Your father was supposed to look after you, not turn into your abuser. I didn't see that coming in the beginning. He was supposed to be the one to train you, and help you improve your powers, not try to snuff them out."

    "F-father?! That monster of an Alpha is my father? That can't be true..." I stood, anger taking over at the news. I don't believe it, my mother always told me River and I's father died in a war between packs, said she was pregnant with me at the time, and never got the chance to tell him.

    "Unfortunately, my child, it is. Haven't you wondered why you were always able to beat the men in your pack? Or why you were forbidden to shift ever again? Legends passed down stated that certain firstborn females of Alpha-blood from the Seltrine Pack would be blessed by The Moon and given immense powers. There was once a Moon Wolf like yourself, a long, long time ago, and there will be another long after your passing. It is your responsibility to protect the werewolf world and your kind."

" I know it's a lot to take in, my child, but that is why Damon Seltrine forbade you from ever shifting again, because members would know what you are, and the Alpha wouldn't allow it. You're not his mate's child, and he never wanted the information to be in the open like that." I stood there trying to process everything she was telling me. Blinking a couple of times, making sure I heard everything correctly.

    "Let me get this straight, I, Freya Dean, am a Moon Wolf. I have "immense" powers, and my duty to the were-kind is to protect it from an evil that is coming. Why couldn't the moon wolf be from another pack? This is too much for me to take on, I'm a rogue! I can't do this..." I looked down at my fidgeting hands, the gears in my head turning with each passing second.
    "Yes, and only a Seltrine Alpha-born werewolf is gifted with this because it is the original pack. I helped create it during my time on Earth when I created your kind, and the original She-Alpha, Mayari, was the first Moon Wolf. There were many enemies centuries ago, and I couldn't stay on the plane to protect them myself, so I gave her a sliver of my power, and blessed her with a wolf like no other, similar to yours. Being a Rogue now does not mean you aren't from Mayari's bloodline." She stands and takes my hands in hers, I feel a warm fuzzy sensation throughout my body.

    "I hope this gift helps you on your journey. I'm afraid our visit is coming to an end. Be the ruler you were meant to be, my child. We'll see each other again." My vision slowly fades as she lets go of my hands.

    "Thank you, Selene," I whisper before my vision goes black.

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone that has given my story a chance, I hope I don't disappoint!

What do you guys think of the story so far? What do you think is going to happen?

Please Like, Comment, and Vote! It helps get this story the views it deserves <3

See you lovelies in the next chapter!

~ Dahlia

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

15.4K 185 12
At 13 years old, Elliana's life is torn apart one night when her pack, the Northside Pack is attacked. As the alpha's daughter she will be targeted a...
1.6M 60.5K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...
85.7K 3.3K 31
In a world where the Moon Goddess blesses certain wolves with abnormal, powerful gifts, Wyren Thorn is a cursed wolf. Living in a pack whose Alpha (e...
15.2K 462 19
Forgotten Omega Sera's life takes a dramatic turn when a powerful Alpha from the strongest pack claims her as his mate. But before she can become his...